Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Harsh Awakening: Beauvoir and Esoterica

Nera9948

Star
Malachi had just opened his eyes. The first thing he realized was he smelled blood. The second thing he realized, was that he hurt all over. He did not remember the specifics, but he had been tortured, that much was certain. Knife wounds, and the smell of a fresh brand on his back. He was instantly both afraid and pissed off. Fear because he did not remember, and anger because he wanted to find whoever did this to him and he wanted to rip them apart.

Malachi looked around to the site of other tortured individuals. They laid around him in a giant pit, impaled, disembowled, a total and complete mess of flesh. They all were in a worse state than him. Some were dead, others were dying, and he realized he wanted to sink his fangs into their flesh, and he wanted to feed. Why did he want to drink their blood? What the hell had happened to him?

He shot his eyes over in the direction of someone else who appeared in a similar state, and he saw the fangs, and sort of understood what had happened. He was a vampire now there was no denying it, but he was not the angsty characters of romance novels and such, but the manifestation of nightmares. He made his way over to him. ''I think you are the only one who isn't dying in this pit. Do you need help?''

Robin didn’t remember much. Only pain and heat like fire that came with it. He remembered it lasting for what felt like hours or maybe years, he couldn’t remember. Eventually his body had stopped writhing and at some point Robin just assumed he had died.

So when his eyes opened and he shot up into a sitting position he was very surprised, and in a large amount of pain. He looked down to wounds and marks on his body. Something burned on his back. The young man let out a a shaky breath trying to stay quiet. But as he looked around the pot of corpses it seemed each and every body was more mutilated than the last.

Robin stood on legs like a newborn dear trembling as his head whipped around. As he reached a stand though a wave of scent hit him like a truck. Blood, and a ton of it, he felt his salivary glands begin aching and he hits his lip, then yelped as he felt his fang stab into the soft flesh. His vision began to throb as someone came towards him.

Realizing what had become of him Robin began to move back and away from the person. If they were a survivor he would kill them, he knew he couldn’t help it. If they were enemy then who knew.

“G-get away! I could hurt you- I think I might be dangerous?” The last part was said with a tremble in Robins voice.

Malachi felt fangs poking through his own gums. It did not feel pleasant, but it was nowhere near as bad as the other pains his body was feeling. He moved closer to Robin, crouching near him. ''I think we are both dangerous. And in danger, the same thing seems to have happened to us both. but we are in better shape then the people around us.''

''If we are so hungry, maybe....maybe we can find someone suffering and end it for them, and then figure out how the hell to get out of here so that we do not die in this place. It just stands to reason, to met that we are vampires, and we need blood. There is a lot of it around, and we don't have to take it from each other.''

Malachi reached out his hand towards the other man and said. ''I think our best chance of survival right now is trusting each other.''

He realized right then that the other man probably was not the one who did this to him. It would be pretty fucked up if he had self harmed to that extend. No Malachi barely remembered the man who had done this, and he had been, different those eyes, black as coal, dark sinister, than were not warm like the eyes of the man laying before him.

Robin stopped scrambling backwards as the man crouched down and began speaking. He seemed to be saying he’d been through the same thing. Robin could see his fangs and a similar look of stress and confusion in his eyes.

Then at his suggestion part of Robin wanted to wretch. “Oh god, we have to drink- I don’t know if I can.” But at the same time he was practically drooling at the thought.

Robin looked down at his mostly nude body and would’ve flushed had he been able. “I um- don’t know anything about- any of this but I think you might be right”

He reached out and took Malachis hand. He couldn’t remember much of the face of the man who had done this to him. He vaguely remembered work, then some party or something, then darkness and agony with only moments of clarity. In those moments he remembered a cruel grin. That grin didn’t belong to Malachi and that was all he had to go on for now.

“Can’t we just get out of here? Worry about sustaining ourselves later- what if there are guards or something around here? We don’t even know where we are-“ Robin said in a panicked but hushed tone.

Back
Top Bottom