Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

cant access bluemoon on PC

Chaos

Supernova
i looked up to see my tab to bluemoon was gone and when i clicked to open a new one it just created a "private" file. tried a different web browser. same issue.
only works on my phone.

is something breaking down again? im mildly panicing.

Easiest way to solve it on PC is to open up your dev console (ctrl+shift+i), click on the networking tab, select 'disable cache', and visit the site.

Then uncheck 'disable cache' before closing the dev console.

The files are just the root index.php script for Xenforo as it refused to pass them to the script engine for a bit.

I am still not entirely sure how this happened in the first place. It shouldn't have.

still nothing. same thing happens on both firefox and opera.

i can load up on chrome and on microsoft edge, which ive never used for this site before, but I cant load on firefox or opera which I've at least used opera. this is odd. the fix didnt work for those. like I'm being blocked or something.

On Firefox, you could try the following: go to Settings - Privacy & Security (or type about:preferences#privacy in the URL bar), scroll down to Cookies and Site Data, click Clear Data..., click Clear and restart Firefox. If you want to play it safe, untick the Cookies and Site Data item before you click Clear, but if that doesn't help, you'll have to try again with both items selected -- this means you might have to log in again on some sites.

All this does is delete cached data and other temporary files, which if I understand Vekseid's diagnosis correctly, is what's giving you trouble. I'm sure other browsers offer a similar functionality, I just don't use those myself.

I'll give it a try, I basically only log into this site on opera, and his trick didn't work on either browser. so now im extra confused.

It's a bit radical, but one thing you could try is to refresh Firefox and try to visit Bluemoon again. It essentially factory-resets your browser, but stores some of your old data if you want to recover some of it, as described at the bottom of the page I linked. Opera might have a similar feature too.

I found a similar issue - I was using my bookmark and I was being asked "what do you want to do with the index file"?

I'd been using bluemoonreploplaying.org/forum/index for a long time, and hadn't noticed that the site was redirecting. When I updated by favourite to the correct URL, my problems vanished. :)

mine was /private and I just remembered I forgot to try going through google. so I changed my hotkey on opera now it works again.
what. the. fuck.

Back
Top Bottom