Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Beware! A Game of Horny Monsters - Overworld

Cute Bunny

Planetoid
It's a dark night and eerily quiet in the forest. The crackle of the small campfire mingles with the occasional clicking of distant fireflies. Five distinct, but equally dangerous monsters rest around the fire. It's a pitiful night for monsters of their stature. The world isn't kind to creatures like them, and without a home to call their own, they are particularly vulnerable.

Each of them harbors ambitions and thoughts of vengeance. It wasn't long ago now that they were forced from their previous homes, but to a monster, even a day outside of their dungeon feels like a month. Each of them yearns for the safety of a dungeon of their own, perhaps they yearn for the power of a mighty dungeon even more so.

A perfect place for that mighty dungeon exists not too far from where they're camped. A sprawling stone castle, fallen into disrepair and long since abandoned by its original owners. The perfect place for any ambitious monster to serve as their stronghold. Each of them can already imagine what it would look like in its final glorious form.

There's just one tiny problem for our wicked monsters. The new owners. A ferocious and cruel giant of a bugbear has recently taken the castle of a stronghold for himself. What's worse, goblin lackeys have flocked to his cause for just the scraps from his table.

This bugbear and his small pack of goblins is all that stands between our monsters and their new home. All that stands between them, and safety and power.

Last edited:
Garrth had seen many strange beings during his conquests. But these strangers that have been drawn to this ruined fort are certainly something. Even though he would never admit it, even to himself, Garrth could sense that each of these creatures were like him. His glare darts between them, his eyes glows like the fireplace between them.

He tore off another chunk of raw flesh with his sharpened teeth from the hare he'd caught earlier. Tossing the bone onto the fire to char. A snack for after the upcoming battle. He puts on in his helmet and addresses the group.

"We make an example of the big one. Slaughter it. Hang him up. The small ones will scatter."

As a sign of respect he waits for feedback for a couple of seconds. Completely ready to charge in alone.

Ul-Ruk remained standing as the others sat by the fire. He was naturally uneasy being off his feet and this simple alliance made him even moreso. They all had a common goal in this instance, and suffered at the hands of the beings of light, but he was unused to dealing with others outside his own people and this transition period would take some time before he could be a bit more comfortable. Nevertheless he had removed his animal bone mask as a show of good faith, allowing the others to see his face more clearly while they came to discuss the plan for taking the ruins.

"Fear will keep the goblins in line. However, a careless attack would be pointless. We only need deal with the bugbear. Either by killing them or humiliating them to the point that the goblins will never respect them again. Every goblin we avoid conflict with now is a potential servant for our new dungeon moving forward. We should scout the ruins, find the path of least resistance, and strike at the leader directly. One way or another the goblins will fall in line afterward." Fighting all of them would be a waste of time and energy, not to mention a risk they need not take. Ul-Ruk was used to being deferred to from his time as Chieftain but he understood that this would be different and they would all have their own sway in the matter. That didn't necessarily mean he had to like it, however.

Like the other tauric creature, Rhisha stood. Sitting was inconvenient at best for one such as her, nor did she wholly trust that something untoward would not happen. She understood that this lot seemed very similar, but who knows what may happen with a gathering of monsters? The drider was already reclusive enough aside from her own kin. Now that she was alone, broadening her horizons would be necessary, especially if she wanted to bring those that wronged her down low. Listening both to the Hobgoblin and the Centaur, she huffed, speaking with an imperious tone.

"Letting the small ones scatter at all is pointless. We seek a strong base, and lesser monsters that will serve us. This "leader" of theirs will bend to us, or he will be shown the stark difference. The goblins will fall in line, as they understand how things go in this world." She looked down at the fire, ruminating for a moment. "But, if we do things incorrectly there, the goblins will be commanded upon us before we can take out rightful place. Perhaps we feign diplomacy until we're in position to strike?" She looked to the Succubus, thinking of plots. "Perhaps this one can 'invite' him to bed? Would make the job real easy." Much as Rhisha doubted the goblins were even a danger, wasting resources and tiring foes was a tactic that was very familiar to the Drider. A quick strike to the head of this group would work well, so long as the others could manage to create an ideal situation, as Rhisha hardly held any desire for diplomacy.

Zarkara sat with her legs crossed on a tree stump near the back of the camp. She watched as the others expressed her thoughts on the best approach while casually combing her long red hair. If there was going to be any action that night, then she needed to look fabulous. Her eyes gleamed as they scanned the group. She was glad there were some tough looking monsters among them as they were the most useful when fights broke up and she much preferred to be on a bed than on a battlefield. However, warriors often needed to be managed carefully so they didn't charge straight into their deaths.

The succubus cooed brightly and straightened her neck before speaking. "Mmhmm, you're so ready to kill the big boss, I like that!" Her voice was melodious and sensual, as it always was, like she was about to drive the conversation into lewd topics at any moment. "But the spider is right about one thing, no big boss will fight before his minions are defeated, no two ways about that. But, I know for a fact that goblins can see reason too. Let me talk to them and I'll make sure they know we are much better big bosses than that bugbear." She raised an eyebrow and tilted her head a little to the side. "Then you can smash the bugbear's head in, hmm? However, I don't think I want to invite him into my bed, he's likely a little bit too big for me." She shrugged and offered her hands up apologetically.

The last member of the group, the 'silent' one, also was sitting around the fire with the succubus and the hobgoblin and not standing like the drider or the centaur...but he considered himself a much loftier being, and even bereft of shelter, weary from traveling and hiding, and quite hungry for his preferred meals, he could hardly deign to be brought so low as to touch the ground. He sat two feet above the ground in empty air with his glistening robes hanging down, crystal-tipped staff resting across his lap, hovering on pure psychic power alone that was his birthright. The mind flayer's beady black eyes scanned across the group, having let them all speak first, while the mass of tentacles hanging down from his face slowly writhed. Now that everyone else had spoken, it seemed it was his turn to provide his, naturally, most valuable thoughts to the matter. It seemed two of the group wanted an immediate confrontation, while two others wanted a more subtle approach. Zelkythion opened his mind and allowed it to fill the camping space.

<I find myself in agreement with the drider and the succubus.> Zeklythion 'spoke', but not with a crude voice that made waves of sound in the air -- his mind broadcast his very thoughts in words of Dark Tongue directly into the minds of all nearby. <While beings such as goblins are so low as to be essentially replaceable...they do not belong to us yet, and we lack any other resources. Let us make a...careful approach, with plenty of...conversation. Goblins are so very weak-minded, you know. I can weave my psionic might around their pitiful little brains easily, make them quite suggestible and willing to see this the way you two can convince them of> Zelkythion nodded to Rhisha and Zakara, <before we meet with the bugbear...and only then, when he doesn't even realize that the goblins will no longer heed his commands, you two--> Zelkythion nodded to Garrth and Ul-ruk, <--may get to the striking and the bashing, when that fool of a bugbear has no allies left to call to his aid.> The mind flayer's face tentacles twisted, and with a horrid sucking and slurping sound, he finished savoring the brains of a crow he had ensnared (the clever avians being one of the few ordinary animals with enough intelligence to be nourishing at all, even if the portion was so very tiny) and then spat out the nearly headless corpse to the ground, and waved a hand holding a small crystal ball to harness his telekinesis to pull the stray feathers from his slime-dripping suckermouth hidden under his tentacles and drop them away.

It was frustrating to be so readily discounted, especially considering his history in living near to the Fangtooth goblins and understanding their ways. Granted, not every tribe would be the same from one to another but he personally felt he understood some of the underlying commonalities that should be present in nearly all examples. Despite the fact that three of them agreed with the ideal of negotiation Ul-Ruk couldn't just sit back and watch what he believed a mistake to be made without a contest.

Reaching up to his necklace, a simple string holding teeth from various creatures of light, dark, and in-between, he touched one that belonged to a goblinoid that he had somewhat recently found dead in the woods. The centaur called upon the spirit to appear before them all, its wispy presence fading into focus above the crackling fire so that none could miss it, and asked of what he believed to be true. "If outsiders approach a goblin group led by a powerful individual would they not alert the leader immediately? Out of fear that inaction may cost them their lives?" The goblin spirit remained somewhat meek and cowardly even though this was not the first time the shaman had called upon him. Stammering a touch he did eke out a reply in a shrill tone. "Y-yes we would. N-never go against the leader. W-we follow strength."

Ul-Ruk dismissed the specter at this point, not needing any further aid to make his point. "Trying to speak with the goblins before the bugbear is defeated will likely end in disaster. We can attempt to rally their aid after we have proven our superiority. I say this not from bloodlust but from practicality."

Power Struggle

-Invoke (3+1d from support): 2,2,5,1
Partial success

Last edited:
Rhisha was happy to see that there was a modicum of consensus forming. Naysaying was to be expected, but that everyone didn't have a different plan was already good enough. However, as the centaur begins the pushback by summoning a clearly subservient spirit of some sort. She crosses her arms as the goblin spirit meekly offers words that hardly pushes against her and the others' point. She turns to the centaur with a skeptical look.

"I understand the point you're intending to make, but the point is that we can impose ourselves on the goblins rather capably. Our presence will dissuade such action as they'll know rather quickly how much they should be following our strength. They will fall in line because we will compose ourselves as leaders, as we are. This Bugbear will be brought low and beg to serve us as the goblins follow our lead, or we will end him swiftly and show the goblins - in totality - that we are their rightful rulers."

She raises her head up, almost looking down her nose at Ul-Ruk, showing she would not back down so easily, especially not with the other two that seemed to agree with her. In truth, the idea to simply end the Bugbear was not something she thought was wrong, necessarily, but the best way to ensure no waste was to make it clear that the goblins there were theirs, and not the Bugbear's.

Ul-Ruk was unfazed by the drider trying to look down at him. Sure she stood taller than he did by technicality but by bulk and mass he felt they were near equal. He crossed his arms over his chest to signify his unwillingness to so easily give in, despite being outnumbered in this argument, and gave his rebuttal to what he felt was idealistic and short sighted thinking.

"True leaders, rightful rulers, do not show mercy before they show power. Even if your negotiations worked without alerting the bugbear, a fact I find highly unlikely, the goblins would not afford us the proper fear and respect as the powerful beings we are. They will look to draw more from us, to slack off and show comfort in our presence, and perhaps eventually attempt to rebel and take the place for themselves. Even if we can defeat them, should that time come, it is a scenario that can be so easily prevented now with forethought and planning. Indeed they might run and scatter for a short time in the aftermath but, if they do, they will naturally band together for safety and then be a suitable target for the charms of you three; with the knowledge of what we are capable of lingering in the backs of their minds."

As the Centaur gave his rebuttal, the Rhisha was left thinking. His words did, perhaps, make sense. Her style would not work in most cases, as she dealt most nominally with kin that already lent credence to her words. She didn't think she was wrong in this case, but that perhaps that the Centaur had better ideas regarding the less-than-rational minds of lesser beasts such as goblins. Her dealings with them were - to be true - much less than his seemed to be. She sighed and shook her head.

"Fine, I'll let this go. I've not cavorted with goblins seemingly as much as you, to be able to summon their spirits. I simply seek not to reduce waste, and if these beings are so sycophantic as to follow, then it seems simple that we demonstrate. If - in this case - that means striking at their leader directly, then I suppose we shall do so. I only question how we intend to do so, as reaching this Bugbear without alerting goblins with our talents seems... unlikely."

As Ul-Ruk mentions that after the Bugbear is dealt with, it would be on the drider and her camp to charm the goblins, she shook her head. "I do not want this to get twisted. These goblins - save from their uses as servants - mean little to me. The waste I wish to avoid is entirely to serve our plots. In fact, as soon as I have the opportunity to grow my family once more, I would petition we shake the ranks up, as my children will be much more useful to keeping a dungeon both well-trapped and better defended than those goblins."

Zarkara looked between the two as they argued on the best approach. She even stood up and stepped closer to them so she could have a better view. The centaur's muscles gleamed in the fire light, giving him an impressive bearing and making her want to switch sides in the argument just to feel she was supporting the strong males. The drider, on the other hand, looked regal with her breasts poking out nicely. Were they bigger than her own pair? She squinted her eyes to take a better look. It must have been a trick of the light, there was no way that monster had a better body than her, she thought.

"Ah well." The succubus sighed as Rhisha gave up and walked back to her spot to sit down again. "I could have had them goblins eating from my palm in less than you can say 'hot stuff', but we'll do it the bold and brassy way if you wish." She crossed her legs again and rested her hands on her upper knee. "Also, your children will fill everything with spider webs, no? That's sticky and gross. I'd rather my side of the dungeon was clean and pristine. If it does get sticky it should be for... Other reasons." She shrugged, tilting her head to a side, and gave the drider a coy smile.

Feeling eyes on her, Rhisha shifts as Zarkara stares between the two taurs, appraising their bodies. It wasn't so simple to understand what she was thinking, but the drider had no doubt it was something ridiculous. This one, perhaps, was the being she least understood. The succubus' story was similar enough to her own, but a lot of the background details about the two were vastly different, which created a natural gulf between the two women. As the succubus addressed her though, she looked over as the other woman as she asserts that the goblins would happily listen to her every beck and call. "Worry not, harlot. You can ply your... methods to the goblins after the Bugbear has been defeated. You'll be needing new sycophants again anyway to get things done for you."

Opposite the coy smile Zarkara had was a sneer from the matronly spider-woman. "I assure you, my children would be of the utmost vitality to the dungeon's well being. The webs you mock will serve an excellent barrier to foolish adventurers." Rhisha looks Zarkara up and down, as if appraising her with that very same confident look. "Perhaps you'd understand better after the experience of mothering a few yourself? Everyone wins as your deviant cravings are settled, and my children begin to flourish yet again, no? You need only ask." The drider chuckles, her eyes lingering on the succubus for a few moments longer before returning to the others for planning.

The hobgoblin slinks away a little before consensus is made. His contributions to the strike plan mostly consists of confirming goblinoid behavior. Garrth was a believer in actions, so didn't bother engaging in more debate than he had to. Besides, he didn't want to agree with the centaur more than he had to.

He carefully scans the scene for openings. If the goblins were too clustered they might be brave enough to brace against their charge. Once he could hears the drider is convinced of the strike he lurks back.

"We strike soon. The many-legged ones look fast. Good for charging. Garrth can create opening. My voice. Is strong. Lesser ones will be shaken. Horse and spider can then make it unobstructed to the big one."

Garrth started to paint the ogre-skull faceplate on his helmet red with hare's blood. Before moving back into the bushes. It was time to make these grounds a battlefield.

Zelkythion is a little disappointed as the drider's plan fails to win out against the centaur's, but he doesn't let that bother him too much. If the group is going to use a suboptimal plan, then there is just nothing for it, he will have to use his superior intellect to make to go as well as possible. He needs the castle the same as the rest of them.

At Rhisha's mention to Zakara of "mothering a few", everyone feels a soft bit of mental attention and curiosity focused upon the two of them as Zelkythion turns his head to stare at them. The mind flayer is not speaking with words even in his telepathy, and his expression on his betentacled face is nearly unreadable, and yet, his mind is broadcasting one very clear emotion: hopeful!

However, as the hobgoblin returns and announces his plan, the mental attention Zelkythion had focused immediately retracts and he lets out only his telepathic words again. <Very well. I can lend my psychic powers to support this plan. I can impress fear into their feeble little minds, make them unwilling to stand their ground and block our way to the bugbear.> He adds as he starts floating up a little higher to drift above the ground.

We cut ahead to the Stronghold. It's massive walls of marble were once a blindingly white color, but the harsh years have left them caked with mud and dirt. The iron gate and portcullis are no where to be found, seemingly lost in the siege that demolished most of the castle. Bright orange torchlight emanates out of the cracks in the stronghold's outer wall, and even from outside of the Stronghold, the joyous revelry of the monsters inside can be heard.

The monsters take position along some rubble that was once part of the outer wall. Inside the courtyard they watch the denizens of the Stronghold that should be theirs. A large campfire keeps the sprawling courtyard well lit. Center stage of the revelry, their bugbear leader waltzes around, drinking heavily from a large horn of ale. Half a dozen goblins surround him, dancing and drinking to their dark heart's delight.

The bugbear's armed with a fearsome spiked club that's strapped to his back. The goblins are less fortunate with their equipment. There's a couple of shoddy spears, a few rusted blades, and some poorly made bows. Some even wear what can only be described as a large plank of wood strapped to their wrist to use as a shield. What they wear as armor, is simply the odd fitting scraps they have managed to loot off of any unfortunate peasants.

It appears that they have some human captives among them. A young and nubile woman has been forced to work for them. She moves about the party, fetching ale for any goblin who finds his cup empty. The goblins make sure they take every opportunity to grope at the lovely woman every time she passes by. Tied to a few wooden poles at the edge of the courtyard is three more humans. A man of a similar age to the woman, and an older couple. They're seemingly the woman's kin. By no means were their clothes lovely before their capture, but days in the stronghold have left their rags torn, scratched, and caked with mud.

With their enemies seemingly drunk and distracted, the wicked ones take the opportunity to strike towards the bugbear. They rush over the rubble and gun it straight for the bugbear. Suddenly, the air is filled with a loud CRACK! The breath is knocked out of Zarkara and Garrth as their world's turn upside down. It takes a moment for it to register, but they've played right into the defender's hands and triggered one of their traps. Hidden on the ground was a net of thick rope. Once the two stepped inside of it, the trap triggered, a pulley system hoisted the net into the air as it closed in on them. Hobgoblin and succubus are tangled intimately close to one another in the net. The rope can be cut through to free them, but it's thick enough that even the sharpest blade would need a few moments to saw through.

The noise has alerted the occupants of the Stronghold, and they turn their intention towards the invaders. Weapons are drawn and the bugbear issues a ferocious roar as a challenge. The roar is primal and nearly deafening, a sound that strikes fear into the hearts of men and monster alike. Everybody listening takes Shock to their Guts.

A pair of goblin archers make to climb a ladder onto the castle's wall. Seeking a better vantage point for the fight to come. The bugbear and rest of the goblins charge straight for the Wicked Ones. In the chaos, the nubile serving woman takes the chance to escape, sprinting in the opposite direction once her captors eyes are off her. Her face and body would certainly be a pleasant distraction after the fight. She's Good Loot, and it would be a shame for her to slip away from the Wicked One's grasp.

Garrth drops his frankly oversized polearm on the ground when he's pulled up from the ground. It takes a moment for him to gather his senses. He feels around for handholds to pull himself upright, getting a handful of the succubus while at it.

He gets a little distracted taking a look at Zarkara all tied up with him. The already cramped net gets a little bit more cramped.

This is not the time. Rage filled Garrth, and only the bloodshed of those who'd wronged him could ever calm it. Drawing the sword hanging on his hip he started sawing the net open.
"Get us out of here"
He growls to the succubus. His voice filled with anger. He looks to the fight, that he was supposed to take part in.
"The lesser ones dies too!"
He roars loudly, only stopping once his jagged teeth starts helping with ripping the net to shreds.

At the chorus of shouting Ul-Ruk raised his voice in reply, acting on savage instinct as his left hand clenched into a fist and beat at his chest. While his voice couldn't match the intensity of the entire enemy group it did get his blood flowing and staved off the concern for this becoming more of a brawl than he had intended, allowing him to push past the morale shock and maintain his wits. Glancing over to the two caught in the net he ultimately figured they could manage on their own, again he was thinking long-term. This fight might be messy now but he was confident they could handle it. Might as well get everything they could in order to salvage this botched assault.

Gripping his spear tightly the centaur galloped around the goblins, moving himself into a position to block the female's escape as best he could manage while channeling magic through the animal skull mask that adorned his head. He had to be careful not to harm her but he called upon the storm to manage a winter gale at her feet, hoping to encase them in ice if but for a short time so she could no longer flee.

-Resist Guts Shock with Threaten (2d): 6, 5
Success at cost of 1 Stress

-Invoke Stormstrike against woman (3d): 4,1,6
Success

Last edited:
As the group of monsters make their way to their soon-to-be rightfully earned home, Rhisha looked on with curiosity and thoughts of what might be. Seeing the swathes of goblins and their leader happily imbibing at the expense of a rather premium prisoner. The drider was sure just about everyone of her travel companions were thinking similarly to her, and they were more than happy to get to work. What put a pin in that, however, was that as soon as the group of monsters set to descend upon the Bugbear, the Hobgoblin and the Succubus found their way into a trap, inciting those below.

Seeing Garrth set to undoing his and Zarkara's bondage, and that Ul-Ruk had noticed the woman making a break for it, Rhisha would grunt and turn to the enemy. It would be up to her to hold the frontline, as she did not expect the mind flayer to withstand attack from even such shoddy weaponry, and so she knew she would be working at a disadvantage. This situation required caution and planning, as she needed to buy time. Rushing forward as quick as her spider form takes her, she stops shy of the oncoming wave, rearing up on her hind legs. She projects her spindly, sharp limbs outwards as her abdomen curls, facing towards the swarm.

Rhisha - without much exertion - begins to spin webs and projects them outwards, creating a hazardous and sticky obstacle in a wave between her and the goblins as she unslings the shortbow while she poises her forelegs, glaring at the enemies before her, challenging them to approach her, lest she begin to pick them off from her position of advantage. She was still feeling the effects the Bugbear's roar, but there was no way the spider woman could really back down, despite the example her foe put forth.

Rolled 1 Dice for Finesse. Result: 6 (Success)

Last edited:
Hovering above the ground, Zelkythion drifts after the two 'taur monsters with his crystal-tipped staff in one hand and crystal ball in the other, the foci for his psychic powers, while the other two bipeds sought to create a diversion...although very quickly things do not go to plan! Well, this has gone all mush-brained in a hurry... Zelkythion thinks privately to himself with a shake of his head as he surveys the situation. The bugbear's roar had slightly shaken his confidence in his powers, succubus and hobgoblin were caught in a net but working their way out, the centaur had charged forward to cut off a most delectable looking female and attract some of the goblins, while the drider began spinning out webs to stall out the mob of goblins and their bugbear leader charging towards them. All in all, a right mess. He stays levitating behind the drider for protection, as indeed he is somewhat physically frail, as he looks for the best opportunity to make a difference with his mind.

And such an opportunity presents itself. He notices the two goblin archers climbing the ladder up the wall. Those would be a serious problem shortly, and need to be dealt with. Fortunately, they had placed themselves in a very simple position for him to do that. The mind flayer's eyes glow along with his crystal ball focus as he reaches out with the power of his mind, and attempts to psychically grab the tall, unstable ladder itself and give it a sharp yank with pure mystic force! That should topple the ladder and end the threat of those two goblins...

[Attempting to Invoke a Tier 1 Force Mastery spell despite Guts Shock]

Last edited:
Before the assault had began, while planning was still happening and suggestions were made about her habits and desires, Zarkara decided not to correct the drider on her assumption that she was a cheap whore that would fuck anything that moves when, in fact, it seemed to her that the drider was willing to impregnate anything with a womb. Letting others have a wrong opinion of her was often quite fun as it sometimes made for an interesting shock when their assumptions stood corrected. Or it simply opened the way for more fun lies to be spread for a good laugh.

Later, when the assault on the castle was about to begin, the succubus noticed the young man tied to the pole and she couldn't resist thinking it could be the first potential member of her new harem. A thought that made her move in right after Garrth and right into the net trap. A low blow for the wily succubus, she thought, a blow that hurts the pride rather than the flesh. She wondered if the others noticed it and hoped they'd be more focused on the mighty hobgoblin being trapped rather than her.

As the marauder moved around in the net, groping her in the process, she let out a soft yelp followed by a moan. "I was wondering why the fuck I joined you in the front line, but I think I just figured it out." Zarkara licked her upper lip and let out a playful giggle. "All in all, there are worse ways to be put out of a fight. But I think I'd rather do this with a glorious warrior, hmm?" She teased him with her sensual tone of voice. "Here, let me help you." She moved a little inside the net to sit up, 'accidentally' pressing her chest against the hobgoblin's back while reaching up to grab hold of the net above them so she wouldn't plummet to the ground if he managed to tore it open.

Ul-Ruk departs from the group. Abandoning his allies and skirting around the pack of goblins to chase after the fleeing woman. He's faster on four legs than the human is on two, and before long he's caught up to her. He channels the power of the storm to lock her in place temporarily as he reins up in front of her. She stares up at him frightfully as she desperately tries to yank her legs free of the ice that pins her in place.

Zelkythion focuses mind on the ladder as he attempts to use his powers to pull it down. Just as he yanks at it with his mind, a sharp pain throbs in his head. His focus drops as his hands instinctively reach for his head. The pain fades quick, but by the time it's gone the goblins are up the ladder and knocking arrows in their bows. The bigger problem is the pair of goblins who slipped around Rhisha's flank. They're already mid-swing by the time Zelkythion regains his focus, leaving him in a dire position to deal with them.

As Garrth begins to saw at the ropes of the net, arrows begin to whisk by. Each one gets dangerously closer than the last. They're sitting ducks in the net, and it's a dire position.

While Ul-Ruk could be a team player to some extent he was ultimately out for himself more than anything else. He wasn't paying much attention to the danger encroaching upon the other creatures, he was dealing with what he thought was most valuable to gain. That said, as he reared up in front of the woman and brought her to a halt, at least for a few precious moments, he couldn't miss the fact that arrows were flying from a tower in the distance. His eyes followed the trajectory towards the two figures still trapped in the net and the bugbear at the center of it all, eager for a fight and confident while surrounded by their minions.

His 'allies' proved less capable than he thought to be in such dire straights and a healthy female would mean nothing if they couldn't secure the ruins to serve as their home. With a sigh of frustration he focused upon the bugbear and whispered to himself as he called upon the mighty storm, upon the power of electricity, as he attempted to summon a lightning bolt from the skies to crash down upon the would-be leader that ultimately stood in their way above all else.

Attempting to invoke Stormstrike as a tier 1 spell to attack the Bugbear (3d): 2,5,6
Success

[Resisting Consequences with Scan ability: 5, 2 ; *Partial Resist!*]

Zelkythion makes wet bubbly hissing noises through his suckermouth as his head lances with pain from a backfire. That bugbear's shout must have been laced with some kind of powerful force behind it to disrupt the mighty Zelkythion's mental prowess so! But Zelkythion feels his mind clearing up and his full control returns to him -- and there are goblins coming right at him! Zelkythion immediately pushes his natural levitation and floats up just out of reach, but he can't hold the height for long, so he quickly casts his gaze around and surveys everything a second time as quickly as he can, analyzing everything he can see. If there was one trap that already got the succubus and the hobgoblin, then it is likely there is another one...there!

Before Zelkythion's stamina for higher levitation runs out, he lowers himself back down closer to the ground in a location a short distance from where he started for those two goblins to charge at him, screeching like the stupid monsters they are...until they hit one of their own tripwires and are sent stumbling into a stack of crates! They'll get back up in a second though, so Zelkythion doesn't lower his guard just yet...particularly, he glances back in the drider's direction, on edge from having to dodge those goblins by himself. ...She surely must have let those goblins past her on purpose...of course these so-called 'allies' can't be trusted! I must be more careful... He thinks silently to himself.

Garrth frantically saws and bites the net as arrows race by him. Some people would kill for the chance to have Zakara's body pressed so close against theirs, but it the confines of the net, it only made it hard to maneuver and focus. He's almost through the net, mere seconds away from cutting through, when pain ripples through his arm. An arrow's finally hit it's mark, impaling him in the upper arm. As he grunts in pain, the net finally snaps and they're bodies tumble towards the ground. The arrow leaves Garrth bloodied, but they're finally free from the net and in a better position to help.

Rhisha precisely shoots out her webs to cover important angles of the goblin's approach. As the goblins race towards her, several of them get caught in the webs, their feet sticking in place as they need to take a few moments to yank themselves free. A pair of them manage to take the long away around, focusing their attention on the Illithid behind her. Her webs won't keep the goblins slowed for long however. If she wants to make use of her advantage, she needs to press it now.

Ul-Ruk takes the time to call upon the power of storm and strike at the bugbear with a bolt of lightning. The thunder crack is loud and powerful, and when the flash of light clears, the bugbear is left staggering. A trail of black smoke wisps into the sky off of his back, and the smell of his scorched fur fills the air. Despite the devastating hit, the creature still stands. The trapped girl's screams pull Ul-Ruk's attention back to her. She's frantically shouting something to her family that Ul-Ruk can't understand. Her family's eyes are filled with terror at the carnage unfolding in front of them. With the whole family together, now would be the best time to torment them. Harming a human's loved ones was always a guaranteed way to see them suffer.

Finally free from the net, Zarkara rises to her feet while Garrth deals with the arrow in his arm. As she rises, she locks eyes with the bugbear. Finally recovering from Ul-Ruk's blast, it's eyes fill with fury as it begins to charge at the succubus. It barrels towards her at a frantic speed, intending to just slam into her with its massive body.

Smiling wickedly as he witnessed the after-effect of his lightning bolt leave the bugbear heavily wounded, Ul-Ruk was pleased indeed before the screams of the female drew his attention. He couldn't understand what she was saying to the bound men outside of a few common words here and there, though nowhere near enough to even guess at the context. That hardly mattered however as dark desire bubbled up from within; he needed to see her suffer.

Trotting over to where the woman lay, feet still encased in a thin layer of ice, the centaur reached down with his left hand and lifted her up. Spinning her around to face the males and holding her upright by her chest, taking the opportunity to squeeze her right breast roughly, Ul-Ruk leaned his spear momentarily against an adjacent wall and drew instead his whip from his equine half and cracked it into the space between them all as a warning. Using what few words of the light tongue that he knew he offered an ultimatum; a horrible choice. [Light]"Me, kill, one."

Pausing for a moment he pointed towards the female. [Light]"You, one." His finger trailed from pointing at her to pointing in the direction of the men that likely made up her family. He was going to whip one of them to death while forcing her to watch. Yet worse, he would make her choose which one would die. If she refused to make a choice, and herself was not an option, then he'd simply begin striking all of the men equally until either she made up her mind...or they all perished.

Accepting Dark Impulse (Cruel)

Back
Top Bottom