Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question What image hosts do people use?

Vekseid

Most imposing inkwell.
Administrator
I am considering restricting image/media embeds to a whitelist.

There are a few rather critical problems this would solve, in terms of user safety and usability.

I was using imgur until they "mysteriously" lost a good chunk of my files and changed their site rules. Currently I focus on using discord to share visuals if not directly from the source.

Nine times out of Ten, I host via Discord and upload from there.

For a lot of my images, the SFW ones I just use imgur. Sometimes imgBB

I've been using Imgbox for years for NSFW pics and haven't had any problems with it.

Though I still use Imgur for SFW pics.

To host my images I use Discord. It's a very convenient platform that I use all the time anyway for conversation and gaming so as long as it works I'll continue to use it.

I'll put my hat in the ring for just hosting on Discord primarily. Have yet to have any issues with that method, just dumping the images in a server and getting links from there.

I created a separate 'storage' server for myself on Discord, so I just paste the image wherever in there. I have different channels for SFW character refs, NSFW refs, setting inspiration, etc. so it makes things easy to find if I ever need them again.

to those using discord: be aware that as of the end of this year that's probably not going to be an option anymore! (Discord file hosting ending this year: What you need to know)

personally I usually use imgur and haven't found a good alternative nsfw host site
Well f u c k. I appreciate the share, this... man, this sucks. At least within Discord itself, users won't suddenly lose their files in their servers. That's... something, I guess.

Is it at all possible to have an upload feature added in conversations like it is in post? I've kinda always wanted that; seemed like the most convenient(especially after losing links/posts) -- assuming it is even possible and the forum could handle it.

I use "Postimages" to have galleries with anything relevant in one place. Other than that, I embed images from different sites, e.g. Pinterest.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom