Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Give my Request Thread a Once-Over?

LordLicentious

Digital Bohemian
Hey, I had to take a bit of a hiatus from BMR due to 2020 happening, so coming back, I figured I'd check in and see how my RT stacks up. I gave it an editing pass, touched up some things here and there, and I figure it'd be a good idea to get a few more sets of eyes on it to make sure I'm communicating my style, preferences, and prompts in a way that's not gonna scare anyone off. Besides, it's been a few years, and it'd be good to know if standards have changed significantly in the interim. Thanks in advance!

My Request Thread.

Honestly, your thread looks fine. I only gave it a cursory look, I didn't delve into plots or any thing as I don't think those would be much of a divisive topic, a plot is a plot and people will either like it or not. The only thing that might turn prospective partners away is that second person is a very uncommon way to write a roleplay, at least in my experience and you make it quite clear that while you'll write third person you would rather not. First and third person are far more partner-friendly and I can understand why you wouldn't want first person, I myself don't write that way either, but maybe making it seem less like writing in third would be a chore for you would help? I can't even say that's a huge turn-off for your thread, just a personal observation and opinion given my own experience.

the my writing style section is almost painfully long, and the blocks of text aren't particularly reader-friendly. it's hard to find important information when nothing sticks out. also, it might be a me issue, but i quickly get frustrated when reading informative bits of RTs--- about me sections, expectations, rules and limits--- where the writer consistently uses two or three sentences to present info that could easily fit into one.

while it's good to inject a bit of personality into your RT and ya want it to be representative of you as a roleplayer/writer, it should feel more like a presentation than an essay, i think. in your plot summaries? go nuts, show off your story-telling style. but, everything else should be digestible and easy to reference. i'd take the ole editorial hatchet to the introduction 'n my writing style section, cut back the word count, and maybe throw some bullet points in there.
...ya get bonus points for Eberron, though.

Back
Top Bottom