Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Under The Moon (Emmi-Mae x RavenStorm)

Emmi-Mae

Supernova
~~ Two years Ago ~~

Within the heart of the ancient woods, the light of dawn painted the world in delicate hues of violet and gold. As the first tendrils of daylight began to weave their way through the tangled branches, the serene tranquility of the woods was punctuated by a stirring within a secluded clearing, nestled amid towering trees. Within this peaceful glen, Lysette Storm lay, her form enveloped in the embrace of slumber. Her wheat-colored curls fanned about her head, gently yielding to the soft gusts of wind that whispered through the leaves. As the first rays of morning's gentle light caressed her face, Lysette's eyes fluttered open. A palpable sense of anticipation seemed to hang in the air, as if the very forest itself held its breath, watching with rapt attention.

In that sacred moment, the world appeared to still, as though time itself had paused to mark the significance of this awakening. For this was no ordinary awakening. It was the moment when Lysette's connection to her wolf, her most cherished companion, claimed her body and soul. There was nothing more precious in the realm of the Lycans than the awakening of this bond. Slowly Lys pushed herself up onto her side with a faint groan of discomfort as her muscles seemed to ache. A feeling deep within her mind instantly causing her to pause as the gentle nurturing voice caressed her mind. 'Careful child... we ran hard last night... you will be sore' Elation exploded from within as Lys finally understood what had happened. Her icy blue eyes widened as she tucked a strand of her hair behind one ear, Her lips parting as she spoke. "You're awake..." She breathed out with excitement to the wolf who had spoken into her mind. She felt the shift of emotions as the wolf's amusement prickled the hairs on her arms. 'I am, Dear one... I am Harlo... and WE are magnificent...' Harlo paced within Lysette's mind as the girl pushed herself to her aching legs and glanced around the forest. "I shouldn't be out here... We must return home and tell mother" Lys said with excitement as she allowed Harlo to aid her in finding her way back home. Taking her time to get to know her wolf further.

~~ Present Day ~~

'You are fussing for no reason, Child' Harlo's voice spoke with slight annoyance as Lysette tried to braid back some of her unruly wheaton locks. Her icy blue stare narrowing on her own reflection in the carriage window. 'Are you going to call me child even when im well into my second decade?' Lys mentally quipped back to Harlo, having learned in the two years of her training how to communicate in silence with her wolf. As it was frowned upon for females of their kind to openly communicate with their wolves or even allow their wolves to shift unless they were mated. She'd not understood the reason behind such laws but her mother had said it was to protect unmated females from the advances of males during their heat cycles as pups were always likely to happen in such occasions. 'I will stop called you one when you stop behaving like one' Harlo abmonished with a low rumble that caused Lys to tremble with the feeling of the wolf's annoyance. 'I've not seen my brother in almost five years...and now he's the alpha....and Im.. well... ' She gestured to herself in the reflection. Her blue eyes shifting towards the massive estate they were preparing to turn towards. They were here... their family's main territory... It wasn't a castle nor fort, however the House of Storm was a family heirloom passed down from alpha to alpha within the Storm family. Left to her brother after their father's passing almost four years ago.

She remained silent, left with nothing but the pacing of Harlo in her mind as she watched the House of Storm grow closer and closer, It was just as she remembered it when she'd been moved to the safe house four years ago when she'd first started showing signs of her wolf awakening. As many females had to do to protect them during the first shift. as the carriage came to a stop outside the main entrance she waited for the door to be opened for her and a hand to be offered. She moved with grace as she took the offered hand and gave a gentle and sweet smile to Silas, one of her fathers closest friends and a packmate. "Welcome Home, Miss Lysette" Silas said with a gentle smile, the crows feet stretching at his eyes as he smiled. Lysette threw customs to the wind as she stepped off the carriage and wrapped her arms around her father's old friend. A Man that was like an uncle to her. "Its so good to see you, Silas" She spoke softly. Harlo letting out a low rumbling laugh within her mind. Lys' eyes turned towards the entrance of the estate, her eyes looking for her brother.

A tall brooding man stood near the entrance of the estate with his muscular frame silhouetted by the light. Unruly brown hair grew on his head framed by a trimmed beard and mustache with Blue eyes staring out the incoming carriage. He had a muscular chest that was covered the same curly hair that covered his arms and legs. As an alpha Raven was the prime example of fitness and strength to the pack that was able to beat down most challengers trying to take his place which earned him a stray scar hear and there on his body.

It had been years since his sister went on her own way to be away from the men of the pack but ones duty could only be ignored for so long. She would have to provide pups or help with hunting for the pack. Did he wish for any man to take his precious sister though? She was a treasure to him that he fought to protect no matter what. That thought earned a low laugh from the wolf in his head. " Protect her? Sure you don't want to claim her as your own?" Night fang spoke in his mind always the more baser and ruthless side of him. The part that tore through other creatures in it's way even it's own kind of they challenged him and took any female for pleasure. Raven knew the wolf were meant to be more animalistic and take care of the hasher sides of reality but he didn't always agree with it especially when it came to his sister. Which cuased more laughter. " Why deny what you want fool pup. You are law of the pack and know what is needed. She has grown since than and if you don't act another will and one moon even you will lose the fight as I hold no regrets."

Raven growled pushing the thoughts aside before moving to greet his sister.

Lys turned her eyes to the almost unrecognizable mountain of a male leaning against the door. It was him, she could tell from the shape of his brow and the slight crook of his smile... it was all too much like their fathers. Granted Raven had always been abit more serious than their father. The thought of their deceased father made her heart ache and seeing her older brother only seemed to heal that missing hole she hadn't realized was deep within her. Family... she still had family. Harlo ceased her pacing as the wolf seemed to get a better look at her new alpha. And the damned wolf actually purred with anticipation... 'Traitor' lys grumbled to her wolf. 'You are blind to the beauty of males, child' Harlo mused with a chuckle. 'I can sense him... all of him' Harlo purred. 'Yeah well.. he's massive and coming right for us so.. stop your drooling he's my brother' Lys scolded. Harlo only chuckled and responded with a simple 'he's much more than that to us' Lys didn't have time nor the patience to ask what that exactly meant. Her icy blue eyes looked up to her brother as he approached and she didn't wait for him to speak as she launched herself at him, wrapping her arms around his neck, she was a good foot shorter than him but she didn't seem to struggle with the leap.

The siblings had been close growing up, and even though Raven's destiny was to become alpha of the pack once their father passed, Lys truly was unsure where she fit in the picture. She figured she'd be given away to another alpha to keep the peace between territories. And now it was only them. She tightened her arms around his neck and simply inhaled his rich earthy scent. "Ive missed you, brother" she said softly into his ear as she released her hold and delicately slid back to the ground.

Raven lets out an affectionate chuckle as he hugged his sister close immediately noticing how her soft body has grown. " I've missed you too little pup." he says using her affectionate nickname as he gazed down at her fondly before letting her move back to s comfortable position. Look how she has grown. If you do not act another will. The wolf inside him growled eager but he shut it off with an inner growl. He wondered if others battled with their wolf like he did. NightFang seemed focused on his primal urges: eating, fighting or fucking.

Raven shook his head before smiling at his sister. " I hope your trip went well." He said before leading her into the house to get comfortable as he gave one last look for any future challengers. He never knew when a man would try to test thier fight to take over as alpha.

Lysette hadn't realized just how large her brother had become in the five years they'd been apart. She knew being an Alpha came with its challenges and strength was one of the main factors. She was certain when her father had died Raven would have had to fend off every challenger that wished to make use of the momentary weakness of the pack and challenge him for his right. She drew in a slow breath, savoring the scent of home that came along with his very essence as he hugged her close. Her head only reaching to his collarbone once she was standing on her own feet once more. Harlo let out a low rumble of excitement within her mind as if sensing the wolf within her brother.

Lysette's own scent would have been intoxicating to most of the males within the pack, as an unmated female that was on the verge of approaching her heat cylce within the next few days it was one of the reasons she'd come home in the first place... To find a mate and possibly seal an alliance with a rival pack. When he called her 'little pup' she scoffed slightly and playfully nudged him. "I maybe a pup to you still, old man' she teased him as she allowed him to lead her into the house. Her blue eyes looking around the family home with nothing but adoration and nestalgia as she looked at their family paintings along the wall. One of her when she was barely able to walk and he had just lost his first canine tooth. He'd been smiling so wide to show it off in the painting Lysette wondered just how long it took the painter to capture that moment... 'I wonder if his muscles got stuck like that for a while' Harlo mused within her mind. 'More like broken them... its rare he smiles' Lysette thought as she looked up to her brother a moment as they walked in silence. When he asked how her trip was she sighed softly. "Dreadfully long and boring... I read two books... Two... and they were equally dull" she scoffed slightly and looked back to him. "Mother wanted to come but Henri was ill again" She sighed softly. Their youngest brother had been born nearly seven months after their father's death. He'd been frail from birth and she knew it likely wouldn't be much longer before they'd gotten news of the young ones passing. "She told me to tell you..." She began as she cleared her throat and began to speak like their mother. "If you allow your sister to mate with some Omega filth I will have your balls" She said with a soft giggle.

Raven let out a grunt to the comment as they approached his sisters living quarters. " I shall do my best to avoid that but now that your here you'll have men competing to be your mate." He said with a gruff voice. The thought of any man having his sister let alone a rival tribe sickened him but he knew he couldn't protect her forever and the pack elders would want some decision about her though I could wait for now.

" Its for the best that you all moved away in the end lys." He spoke softly with a troubled look in his eyes. " Near the end of his sickness both dad and Windrunner both seemed like different beings. Dad was sickly and bed ridden while his wolf seemed rabid and crazed to the point it seemed that they were literally barking at the moon some nights. I tried my best to keep things together till I officially had the title but.. "

He drifted into thought as he imagined moving from a carefree young adult that enjoyed running in the wild till he had all the responsibility thrust into him. This cuased Night Fang to growl at his weakness but he ignored the wolf for now trying to focus on the shell comfort his sister could give him.

Lysette considered her brother's gruff response, well aware of his protective instincts and the complexities of their world. "I know," she replied, her tone laced with understanding. "But I trust your judgment, Raven. I've learned so much during these years away, and I've come back with a sense of purpose. I want to help our pack, to stand by your side in any way I can." She exhaled softly as her blue eyes looked up to him with nothing but adoration. "The Rite is tomorrow night... My heat will be here in less than two days... im certain we will find a male that would best suit the pack and form a strong alliance" She said with abit of aprehension.

The Rite was a tradition of mating. Each year around this time, unmated females were presented before unmated males, The Males would be allowed to scent each of them once and the females would get ten minutes to run into the woods while the males waited. Sometimes males would scent their heartmate amongst the females and soley go after their soulbound goddess chosen mate, where as some other males simply went after what they could manage out of greed, lust and elevating their station. The Females were forbidden to shift, as was the law within their world but a Male was allowed to take on all their forms, whether it was their feral four legged form of their war beast form. It was typically a bloody affair as there was always far more Males than females, as females were already a rarity within their kind, Many Males end up fighting to the death over a female.

There were even instances where the female faught back against the Male seeking to claim her because she found him unworthy, of course in those instances the female was never the winner. Once a male successful claimed and mated with his female he'd mark her flesh, Each Male's mark was different. Some would choose to honor the goddess of the moon and mark her flesh with the design of the stars in the sky the night of their mating, while others would simply mark their mate with a bite. It wasn't unheard of that some males were far more brutal in their markings than others, but all markings were seen as a warning to any male that the female was theres. The Rite was tomorrow night and Lys was certain her heat was on the cusp of emerging, she could feel the building need growing within her and she knew she would not be able to resist the call to find a mate this year. It wasn't unheard of for a female to go into early heat simply by being in the pressence of her heartmate.

As he spoke about their father's final days and the turmoil that gripped him and Windrunner, Lysette's gaze softened. The memories of those trying times were etched in her mind as well. She understood the weight that had been thrust upon her brother's shoulders. The wasting sickness was one of the few illnesses their people couldn't recover from. They knew little of it and only knew that it took out even the strongest of alphas. "I can't imagine the burdens you carry, Brother" She said as they approached her living quarters. She stepped into the room and then looked back up to him. "For what its worth, Father would be so proud of what you've accomplished, Our territory has grown... our Pack is strong... and now YOU need to find your mate... strengthen Father's legacy" She said with a serious tone.

Raven watched his idoilistic sister talk about the ritual like it was some mystical rite that married off unmated couples. It was much more brutal than that though. Nervous and scared women ran naked through the forest as the men let their wolf out to fight off the rivals or rape any woman they found worthy. Sure there's a chance that a woman may recognize the man that found her and surrender willingly but it was a brutal affair like it is with wolf's. There was no kissing or love making with animals just desire to breed no matter the damage it did to its partner.

If he wanted to really use his sister he would start talks with other packs about marriages but hid selfishness held on to her for as long as he could and now was about to have the hardest night of her young life. He shook his head at himself but was brought back at her and looked away shyly. " Ive been out now and again but haven't found any women worthy of being my mate." He said grumpy. " Heh that's because your heart mate is in front of you and you refuse to accept it but if we're both out in this rite it will be a night in deed" Raven replied to that thought with a growl. What he called trying was more letting Night Fang out to hunt for ass and as long as a female wasn't taken he would go for any he saw be it lycan or not but it was the best way to suppress the urges of his other side till he was sure what he wanted.

Lys certainly was a naive young female who had been fed the romance side of the Rite by her mother, Perhaps their mother feared causing Lysette to fear the rite and refuse to partake in it. After a moment of silence Lysette stared around her Bedroom, not much had changed since she'd last been within the House of Storm. She had forgetten that her bedroom had one of the best views of the countryside behind the house. Harlo let out a soft sigh of content at the sight of the bedroom, Having never seen the bedroom prior to her awakening. 'You truly did live in the lap of luxary here.. far better than the cabin your mother kept us in' Harlo mused earning a soft smirk from Lysette as she moved away from her brother to run her fingers over the silk fabric of her canopy bed. 'I knew you were a wolf of high standards' Lysette chuckled to her wolf mentally as the she-wolf seemed to 'humph' in response. Lysette turned her eyes back towards her bother as he mentioned not finding a mate yet that was worthy of him.

"You may be single your entire life then, Brother.. for no female will ever be worthy of you" Lysette said with a sweet smile as she sat down on her bed, bouncing slightly as she realized this bed was far more comfortable than the cabin's bed she'd been laying on for the past five years. With a soft giggle she threw herself backwards onto the bed, her wheat colored curls fanning around her head in a wild sprawl. "What are we to do tonight Rave?" She asked him, using his nickname as though they'd not been apart for five years. She turned her head towards him as she rolled onto her side, causing the fabric of her gown to pull down slightly to expose abit more of her cleavage than she'd intended. "Should we dine together tonight?" She asked gently

Raven gave a bitter smile at his sister's gentle reply. Her words sang true unfortunately for aside for flings of lust he couldn't find anyone to take his sister's spot. Seeing her laying there gazing at him fondly as her hair framed her face in a soft hallow made it all the more real to him. "Yet you fight the urge that should be natural to you under a false sense of morality. His wolf barked in a laugh. Why fight it? Animals don't care for blood relation as long as they continue their line and will even eat their siblings if their. I never understood why humans draw such rules that make things harder for them.

Raven sent a growl inward telling NightFang that now was not the time for this as he focused on his sister and trying not to leer. " If that was the case than I would be sad hier indeed but I promise to join the rite with you sis if it will make you happy." As he spoke those words Night Fang laughed at the promise and he just hoped that the beast wouldn't use the night to act on his hidden whims. " As for dinner that would be safe. You are new and I'm s young alpha so I could see any man trying to advance on you in the open." He turned to tell the servants to prepare dinner for them. " You should get settled in and prepare yourself while I ponder our next path."

Lysette flashed a wickedly beautiful smile to her brother as he agreed to join the rite she got up from the bed and hurried over to him to wrap her arms around his neck once more and pepper his face in gentle kisses. "Perhaps we both will be lucky tomorrow night and mate with someone worthy of our names" she said sweetly.

As he agreed with having dinner together she clapped her hands happily and nodded several times. "Alright! I'll unpack and then meet you for dinner in a few hours then?" She confirmed before delicately shooing him out of her room so she could get unpacked and dressed into a more comfortable house gown.

She wasted the remaining hours moving things about the bedroom to her liking and roaming the wing of the house that was given to her fully. A small library, bedroom, day room and garden were mostly hers to claim while her brother had the east wing for his needs. The dining hall and foyer being center of the house it was easy to find when the dinner bells tolled and she hurried down the hall toward the dining room dressed in a simple violet gown and her blond curls braided back elegantly.

Raven nodded hesitantly as he was blinded by his sister's bueaty making his heart race. He turned to check on things around the castle and manage some of the packs day to day necessities. Of course everyone was a buzz about his sister returning as they wondered why she would be wed off to or join the rite to be a prize for lucky male who could join the bloodline through marriage.

It all made him sick to hear,of course he knew that's the date for most women regardless of race. Used to create alliances or future lines to take over if the current died off. Yet a part of him fought this news wanting to keep his precious sister to himself especially since she just returned but everyone was in a hurry to move on even Lys. He supposed he should be thankful they stopped gossiping about his lack of mate or his father's decline for a bit due to the news for it seemed no matter how he improved himself others always judged him s failure of alpha.

The dinner soon arrived as Raven sat dressed in a black dress coat and pants as he stared at the food waiting for his sister to arrive no matter hid wolves impatience to eat. He looked up at his sister's arrival and his hunger was almost forgeton as he stood breathless.

Lysette bit her bottom lip as she looked around the dining room, the Smells of the food causing her stomach to growl are Harlo pace within her mind. She delicately ran her hand along the silk fabric of her Gown. Her icy blue eyes falling upon her brother where he stood awaiting her arrival. Delicately she brushed a loose strand of her golden hair behind one ear. 'He does tidy up nicely' Harlo mused into her mind, earning a reddened blush from Lysette as she moved towards her brother and glanced towards the feast that was laid upon the table. 'It runs in the family' Lys simply stated to Harlo as she took a seat at the rather long table, choosing to sit beside the head of the table rather than at the end for she refused to talk to her brother at such a long distance.

"I wonder if Landon and Simon Waters will be in attendance at the Rite, I've not seen them since we were thirteen" Lysette wondered as she smiled to one of the servants as the poor man hurriedly moved her plate of food from the far end of the table where he'd WANTED her to sit to where she chose to sit. The Waters brothers were the sons of a rival pack known as the Clearcreek pack to the east. While the two Males were a few years older than Lysette they'd spent much of their time in their youth panting after Lysette like pups. The packs had been allied for centuries but during Lysette's absense Landon had taken over for his father and the animosity between the Storm pack and Clearcreek began to grow, The alliance obsolved due to some minor disagreements between their father's wolf, Windrunner and Landon's wolf, Chaol over Landon and Chaol wishing to claim Lysette as his mate and Windrunner stating that Chaol and Landon's blood was not strong enough for Lysette and Harlo to bond with. In truth both Simon and Landon had become cocky arrogant sods in the last six years unbeknowst to Lysette. Harlo however knew the pups were not proper suitors and she'd never submit to either Waters boys. However it was more than likely both Males would be in attendance during the rite, Along with many other unworthy suitors from other rival packs.

Raven gave a snort of contempt at the names as he never cared for the attention that showed his sister and their pack always seemed like scavengers hoping to usurp his father. While their father and his got along well enough to make the truce last but the brothers acted like brutes that felt they deserved anything they could claim and terrorized all that disagreed. Their had already been some skirmishes between the two packs over territory but with his sister here it was sure to add more conflict between them.

" I'm sure they will be most packs try to make it if only to show off thier males as champions." He grumbled back grumpily. He than hesitated looking at his sister. " Are you sure you wish to do the ritual? We could arrange a mate that would work well for everyone through treaties and not leave it to chance who gets you sister." Not to mention how traumatic it will be for you lys. He kept the last thoughts to himself as NightFang growled at the possibility of being cheated of his prize which didn't help his feelings any of his sister's safety.

Harlo practically choked on laughter within Lysette's mind when Raven spoke his grumpily reply about the Waters brothers. Lysette however narrowed her eyes and studied her brother closely. He seemed tense... more so than usual and she could tell it was because of the rite and her potential future. She understood his concern for her happiness and gently she reached across the table to rest her warm soft palm on top of his much larger one that held his fork, giving him a reassuring squeeze along with a smile. "The Rite is tradition, if we do an arrangment in secret it could create gossip amongst the packs on whether the pack is strong or not. Every female before me was never offered such luxeries as to being courted and married off. Besides... The Rite also offers other benefits to the pack than just bonds and pups being formed. Our wolves are natural hunters after all.. and If woman were allowed to release their wolves like men Im certain I would go hunting and never return... but if too many males are denied that freedom refusing them the rite will cause an inner struggle amongst the pack dynamic. Mother told me of the risks... She told me it could get bloody and I will likely have to rely on Harlo to protect me from unwanted advances. Father's death surely has already caused some strife between some of the omega's and the rite is the only way to eliminate possible weak points in our pack" She spoke with a serious tone, she was far more intelligent and wise that many gave her credit for, Despite her gender she might have become an alpha were she a male.

Raven smiled listening to the lecture his little sister gave him on the importance of the right almost as if it told to her by mom. She wasn't exactly wrong though..others would probably veiw the choice as one of weakness by courting in private instead of relaying on their animal instincts. Maybe it was the human in him questioning the practice. Other races seemed more sensible if they were using woman to secure alliances and and the best mates while the right seemed focused on chance that the best wolf got you though maybe he was inexperienced in the subject all together.

He shook his head with a chuckle. " Okay little pup I'll stop fighting against it... I just worry about you out there." He said as he gazed at her softly and squeezed her hand before continuing to eat. " Be sure you'll in the best shape and don't let any brutes think your east prey, follow your heart who to submit to."What if it's you foolish pup. Will you still fighting then and let the beast in you two sort things out? His wolf replied sensing his will weakening and he just hopefully his will was enough to keep NightFang away from his sister.

Lysette couldn't help but smile in response to Raven's acknowledgment, appreciating the subtle shift in his perspective. She understood the reservations; traditions weren't always easy to embrace, especially when one questioned their efficacy. Yet, the imminent Rite held a significance beyond the surface. "I appreciate your understanding, big brother," she replied, squeezing his hand in return. "I know the Rite may seem unethical to some, but it is something that cannot be ignored"

Her gaze met his, a mixture of determination and reassurance. "I'll be cautious, Raven. I won't let any brutes think I'm an easy prey, and I'll follow my heart in choosing who to submit to. Trust me, big brother, I won't make decisions lightly. The pack's well-being is as important to me as it is to you. Besides... You've taught me well in secret to defend myself" She stated with a sly smirk, Teaching a female to fight with any sort of weapon was forbidden for their kind but he'd gone

As she continued to eat, her thoughts lingered on the impending Rite and the potential mates who would step forward. The gravity of the tradition settled over the table, a shared understanding that their choices would echo not only through their lives but also through the lineage of their pack.

Lys exhaled softly as she finished her dinner and leaned back against the chair and yawned softly into her hand. "I should head to bed for the night, Brother Tomorrow will be a very long tiring day" She said as she pushed herself to her feet and moved over to gently kiss his cheek. "Tradition will not allow me to see you until the rite, since females have to remain confined for the entire day, Do not worry about me.. I'll read some books or dust the cobwebs off the ceiling" She said with a faint giggle before she turned to leave.

Once she was within her bedroom she pressed her back against the door as it shut and she closed her eyes with a soft exhale. Her body trembling from the amount of control she'd had to exude, carefully she opened the chamber door within her mind where she'd kept Harlo. Her wolf growled in annoyance "You know how I hate it when you do that" The She-wolf growled angrily. "Im sorry.. With our heat its becoming harder to remain .... civilized around males... Even my own brother's presence had you salivating and your intentions were very clear!" Lysette said apolegetically as she moved across the room to look for her nightgown. 'Do not blame me for submitting to natural instinct, Child' Harlo grumbled in annoyance, The she-wolf's gruff voice giving away her irritation 'By tomorrow night our heat will make us lose all sense of our selves, especially with so many Males around. You wont be able to lock me around this damn door either...Now... Go the FUCK to sleep, I tire' Harlo huffed. Lysette bit her bottom lip as she tried to stifle her chuckle "Alright, Alright...Good night Harlo" She sighed as she got her nightgown and prepared for bed.

She had a long day ahead of her and most of it would likely be spent cooped up in her bedroom bored out of her mind but eventually she'd be led out of the house and to the backyard with the rest of the females that were brought to the estate for the rite.

Raven stiffened a bit by her kiss but couldn't muster a good argument to fight with when she was right in a sense and almost found she should be alpha than him. It's not like the others didn't look down at them anyway between their father's decline and his hesitation to mate. He shook his head watching her leave before trying to find an appetite to eat. " Your letting weakness rule you. To afraid to go for the mate you want cuase of human laws, to afraid to lose her to others. Will you choose to fight everyone off and leave her like you or are you afraid I will take her so you no longer can cower. I bet Harlo would agree on this.' his wolf growled at him in contempt before he gave up on eating and went to prepare himself and the pack for the big day.

The night of rite Raven stood along the rivals both in and out of the pack. He could see the sneers and mockery on thier faces. Now the runt of storm joins the rite instead of chasing tail? Did his sister hound him to join it is he here to protect her? He tried to put them out of his mind as the moon light took over his soul and he felt the eager bloodlust of Night Fang ready to fight who he wished and get the prey he wanted. He tried to silently tell his wolf to leave his sister alone and not ruin their relationship but NightFang was too far gone to listen. He looked towards yo the females hoping to see how his sister fared.

Lysette exhaled slowly as she stared at the traditional white gown hanging up on her wardrobe. The Attendants had brought it in for her nearly two hours ago while she'd been taking her bath. "Its hideous" Lysette sighed, earning a chuckle of amusement from Harlo. 'Im certain the males will enjoy it... its practically see through' Harlo laughed within her mind, the She-wolf was excited for the Rite while her human half felt anxious 'Lighten up, child. Our future mate will be there... you will do us proud' Harlo encouraged as Lysette chewed on her nails nervously. "Of course I will.. I am a Storm" Lysette said as she raised her chin and moved to her feet, The sun was beginning to set and she knew the maids would return soon to take her and the other females to the traditional grounds for the Rite.

Carefully she put the gossimar like silk gown onto her curvy form, Its silk fabric clinging to every beautiful curve of her body. She wore nothing else but the silk so all of her was barely hidden from the gaze of the males. Her rosey nipples accented by swirls of delicate lace, the gown opening up just at her pelvis so that her precious and delicately groomed pussy remained on full display. While other females would be wearing similar transparent gowns hers was by far the most elegant. The Tradition of the Rite practically making the females look like brides... In truth Lysette thought that part of the Rite was sick... dressing them up like prizes to be faught for...'Thats what we are, Child... Prizes' Harlo interrupted her thoughts as Lys stared at herself in the mirror, Her Wheaton curls cascading down her shoulders to her hips.

A gentle knock upon the door alerted her to it being time and as her maid hurried into the room with a black blindfold she allowed the girl to fasten it around her and with a delicate hand the young woman lead her out of the manor and towards the clearing. She could smell the other females, their Heat just as strong of an aroma as her own... but it was the scent of the males on the wind that shifted directions every few minutes that caused a warmth to flood into her core. 'Our heat has arrived, Be wary of these males...I sense many have us in their minds... but We belong to only one male' Harlo said with confidence as the Elder began to speak the traditional speech of the rite, Lys could barely hear over the thundering of her own heart.

"May your feet carry you far so that your heart may finally be freed" The Elder finished as Lysette felt the blindfold over her eyes release, her vision adjusting to the light of the moon and the torches around them. She saw the line of males nearly a yard away from them... so many.... nearly twenty... her eyes shifted towards the woman on either side of her... There were only eight of them...Eight!... So many lives would be lost tonight... Quickly her attention returned to the line of males and her eyes found her brother across from her. She felt her heart flutter slightly at the sight of him. Several males down she noticed the somewhat familiar faces of Landon and Simon Waters, Their eyes locked on her as Landon smirked... She'd once had a crush on Landon when she was a teenager but now the way he looked at her scent a chill up her spine. 'He is not ours... do not submit to Dirty Waters for we will drown' Harlo ordered in her mind, Snapping Lysette to attention as the Elder raised his hand. "Females.. You have five minutes of a head start.... Go!"

Lysette was the first to move, Taking several steps backwards away from the females she turned on her heel and ran through the woods. 'They will find us quickly with the scent of our heat... we need to mask it' Harlo urged as Lysette moved through the dense forest, leaping over fallen logs, the ribbons of her sheer gown catching and snapping on logs. She needed to ensure the males that were simply interested in fucking did not find her before her true mate did... even though she had no clue WHO that male would be Harlo knew... she simply refused to let her in on the knowledge. Quickly Lysette hurried towards the creek, knowing she could easily cover her arms and legs with mud to mask most of her scent. While some females would of likely waited for the males to claim them she was not to be an easy prize... Her mother had prepared her for the rite and she was worthy of an Alpha to claim. Dropping down by the creek she began to smear the mud across her legs and arms, ensuring her scent was well masked. 'Good... Thats good, Just enough to be scented by those of keen mind... Now tie up that stupid gown' Harlo huffed, Causing Lysette to chuckle as she began to remove the dress completely 'I have a better idea' Lys spoke into her mind as she checked for the direction of the wind and carefully tied her gown against a tree, ensuring the scent drifted straight towards the males as they waited for their five minutes to be over. 'Clever girl' Harlo said with pride as Lysette began to head in the complete opposite direction of which her gown's scent drifted off to. Completely naked but covered in the earth to keep her pale flesh better camoflaged in the night.

Raven stood listening to the same speech meant to instill pride in the event that would end in blood. He used to the moment to scan the area. He saw all the males checking out the woman including Landon and his brother making him growl. His eyes than went to the direction the others were seeing the eight women waiting anxiously as he temporary locked eyes with his sister and smiled before she took off. Once that happened all the men began to shift and Raven was slowly taken over by Night Fang and his body shifted as it took on a more primal form. He became huge and muscled covered in brown fur with glowing yellow eyes, he had a large mouth full of sharp teeth and claws on feet and hands making him a true beast.

He than launched into the woods in the hunt for prey as some men already paired to fight off hoping to take out their rivals as other split up. Night Fang had one scent in mind since the woman arrived and the pup can't stop him this time. His huge body hurled down the forest on a mission following the scent of lys.

Lysette felt the hairs on the back of her neck raise the moment the Male's were set loose on the hunt, A small part of her wondered if any of the other females would have simply submitted to a male without even giving them a challenge. Another part of her wondered who her brother would choose... A flicker of something strange burned in her chest as she practically stumbled in her stride as she ran through the woods. Jealousy.... Was she feeling jealousy? over her brother? 'Focus, Child!' Harlo growled as another female came tumbling through the brush with a sandy furred male hot on her tail. Instincts pushing Lys into a crouch in the underbrush to ensure she went unnoticed by both the Female and the Male keen to claim her.

Once she was sure the area around her was clear she began to move again, Instincts guiding her towards the cliffface where she knew a cave had been resently vacated by a cougar. A snapping twig and a low rumbling growl however froze her in her tracks as Harlo urged her to remain still as she slowly turned her head to the side to look at the Massive Beast form of Landon Waters stalking towards her. Another snapping twig to her left alerted her to Simon's arrival as well as the Waters brothers cornered her. "Clever, bitch... using her dress to try and elude us" Landon's wolf growled out in a gutteral primal rumble that caused Lysette and Harlo to growl in reaction. "She's taken away the fun of ripping the gown from her flesh away from us, brother" Simon responded, his wolf slightly shorter and a slightly muddier furred coloring. "We can still have our fun, brother. Just remember she is mine to claim" Landon sneered, his wolf growling as his claws raked against a nearby tree.

Lysette's eyes scanned the area around her, looking for any possible route of escape she could possibly take without breaking any laws for killing these stupid males. She was forbidden from shifting and using her wolf to fight back so she'd need whits and charm to get herself out of this... She would not submit to either of them. "I will never be yours" Lys growled out as she lifted her chin in defiance as she crouched down in a stance that showed she was getting ready to either attack or run. The movement made both males bristle at her insolence.... She knew it would... for a female challenging any male was unheard of... but that wasn't what she had planned. The moment she saw the look in their eyes and the shocked expressions she launched herself forward, closing the distance between both males as they lunged for her. She ducked down just in time as both of their claws came for her, ducking down and rolling across the earth she heard their claws rip into the flesh of eachother and they both yelped in pain... fucking idiots.... She didn't waste time to watch them however... She took off running again, desperate to get away from them.

Landon snarled and insolent bitch for defying him after years of pulling him along. First her father denied him his privilege before nature too him than her welp of a brother who watches her like a lost pup and now her?! He can only take so much insult so after his brother and him got up they took off after the bitch hot on her scent. They ignored all other scents working as a team to trap her when they heard the loud sound of foot steps like a monster crashing through. A shiver went through then and they rushed to avoid the noise. Raven may seem week but his wolf was a legend of its own that felled any foolish challenger and raped any woman he wanted even if he couldn't be their mate and there was wary respect for that form. They figured though that he wouldn't be after his own sister though and couldn't watch her and compete so they continued on their search.

Lysette felt her own heart within her throat as she scurried over fallen logs. She could hear the snarling from the bastards that chased her through her own family territory, Arrogant assholes who thought they owned her simply because she was the daughter of an Alpha and she was just some prize to be won... She'd fight both Landon and Simon until her own death if she had to. 'They are stronger than us... but we are faster... and far smarter' Harlo said eagerly. The loud sounds of a larger male near by had the hairs on the back of her neck rising as something deep within her urged her to find that male... She knew he was the one she needed to find, even Harlo was silent within her mind as she tried to figure out where the Large male had gone. She'd not seen her Brother's beast form as he'd never shifted around her when they were younger, atleast not in the form he currently was using. She'd recognize his fur color and eyes but that was all.

She'd been lost in her thoughts however, eager to find the male that her very soul burned for.. She hadn't expected the Waters brothers to gain distance behind her until she narrowly dodged Simon as he launched himself out of the bushes in an attempt to tackle her. Tumbling over a log she let out a weak groan of discomfort as the bark ripped at the skin on her hip, her blood filling the air.

The brothers were stubbornly on the heels of the rebellious bitch that denied them thier right. The last slight put them over the edge as old injuries didn't delay them. They saw Lys fall on a log and took the opportunity to circle and try to block off any attempts to flee. Simon stood growling as he stared her down. " Little bitch you ran out of tricks and luck so even if you won't be out mate we will make sure your line can't use you to keep going and will die down as it should." Their tall farms walking closer as those shadows encompass the moon light of the defiant woman.

Raven/ NF was in a primal state as his mind was in a fog with the wolf taking the lead. His mate every filled his senses and he ran in a straight path nothing with amusing how evasive she was being compared to the others and when he saw her clothes hanging on a branch he only chuckle at her cleverness. A trait worthy of his true mate he mused to himself not even considering who the mates identity was now. As he stood pondering his next move a future challenger jumped and him. It was a weak beta trying to usurp him thinking now would be a good chance in the choas. Raven growled as he slashed and bit with deadly effectiveness while the other could barely manage some slashes. The match was soon over leaving him disappointed and unfulfilled with thier challenge but reminded himself this wasn't about battle but a bigger purpose and he ran off again.

Lysette felt Harlo's hackles rise on instinct as the Waters bastards blocked her only possible chance for escape. Her fingers digging into the earth as she remained low and crouched on the ground. The cool night air stinging the wound on her hip as her piercing green hues watched the brother's movements intensely. She moved one hand through the muddy earth at her bare knees as she watched them circle her, her fingers curling around a rock burried in the mud. She'd not allow them to cull her from her family tree... nor would she allow either of them to soil her before her mate could claim her. She'd rather die fighting them than submit. Atleast she and her wolf were in agreement there.

She anticipated Landon's movements as he lunged for her, his massive beast form reaching for her in the same moment Lysette raised the rock in her hand and smashed it into the side of his face with a wet crunch. The wailing scream that ripped from her lungs was a war cry fitting of an Alpha. Pride swelling deep in her chest from Harlo as Lysette rose with the bloodied rock raised in her hand. Landon stumbling back with a growl as he shook his head dizzily. The Males circled once more, blood matting Landon's head. However the brothers moved for her from two directions... finally realizing that they could easily pin her between them if they worked together. Lysette growled out in frustrastion and slight pain when Landon snatched up her wrists and lifted her delicate form off the ground "You are nothing but a means for securing OUR legacy.... We will break you.. slowly..." Landon snarled as he slammed her onto her back on the ground, demanding his brother hold down her arms while he moved to her thrashing legs. Panic beginning to cause Lysette's movements to become frantic and lacking logic as she kicked and bucked against the ground. "Get your fucking hands off me!" She shouted in anger

Back
Top Bottom