[x] Burn out bright, babe. [x] [M/M, M/F][I'mm baack! ;D]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aember

Supernova
Hello~! <3
My name's Krys, my screen name is Aember, and some of you may know me as Listenbabe.

Oh, look. There people went. Running. Oh well.

:]

I am mainly interested in male/male pairings,
but I will do heterosexual pairings
if the person I'm roleplaying with is amazing. In Het, it takes a great plot to keep me interested. However, it can be done.

That being said, the roles I play in my RPs are very flexible. I am comfortable roleplaying both
Dom and Sub--
However, unless you specify that you would like a slave with slack will, then my characters tend to have dominate personalities.
If your character doesn't have a strong enough personality, mine may just flip your character over and fuck 'em instead.

My only rule with roles is that I will not play a man in a heterosexual relationship.

I also ask that anyone who shows interest in roleplaying with me please be able to post more than two paragraphs. From time to time, one paragraph is fine, but sometimes it does annoy me. I like detail!

Furthermore, if you're subbing for me, I will ask you to start.
If you don't, I probably won't ever get around to starting myself.

And lastly, I reserve the right to deny any person's idea for a roleplay, as well as cancel a roleplay. So don't bitch at me when I say no.

When you PM me, fill out this form (Or you will be ignored!):
Pairing Wanted:
Sexuality Wanted:
Do you want me to play dom or sub?:
Plot wanted?:
Average length of posts:

Genres and pairings are next!<3

Re: [x] Burn out bright, babe. [x] [M/M, M/F] [New plots!]

No, I'm talking about, like giant guns.

I've luckily not been shot before. >.> I hope to keep it that way, though I do stupid things.

xDDD

Please don't get yourself shot Kawa.

Better yet, please don't shoot yourself!

Ilyyybby.

I got bored today.
So I baked cookies.

I'm trying not to! B-but, I do stupid things. Like g-go to where I hear people yelling.

*wrings hands together*

I-I can't help myself! It's The Right Thing To Do (TM)!

Yes.

Get out of my thread to die.

Soo...let's say if hypothetically someone had within their posession a firearm which to shoot Mr. Kamamura. This would not be done here.

Hypothetically.

• . . .
    *Hides rifle*
    8D;

I nearly came to blows with someone when we were debating gay rights. XD He pulled out a Bible to point out the verse that said that 'Homosexuals were against God', and then I pulled up the original version of the Bible (original, untranslated), and had a friend of mine who's fluent to point out that the original word did not mean homosexual - in fact, we're not even quite sure what it DOES mean, therefore, that verse was null and void since someone had simply decided to substitute a word in.[/list:u]

Exactly.

Move to your own thread.

mei-- Actually, the bible does mention that homosexuality is wrong. However, it is in the Old Testament. In the New Testament Jesus says that all rules set up in the Old Testament are void with his coming.

The Jewish part of the bible is the Old Testament, the Christian part is the New Testament.

DON'T THINK ABOUT SHOOTING KAWA. D<

And bby, yes, I will marry you. <3
xDD

• "1 Corinthians 6:9-10, NIV"
    Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

The next verse isn't commonly translated as homosexual, so we will temporarily depart from our use of the NIV.

"1 Timothy 1:10, NASB"
    and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching,

Now. That's what they say in English. Homosexuals, homosexual offenders, effeminate, or sodomites. Let's look at them in Greek.

Homosexual, in Greek, is now: ομοÏ?Ï?λοÏ?ιλικÏ?Ï?, or omophulophilikos as best as my translating abilities carry me. Now, we'll play spot the word.

"1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Greek"
    á¼¢ οὐκ οἴδαÏ?ε á½?Ï?ι á¼?δικοι θεοῦ βαÏ?ιλείαν οὐ κληρονομήÏ?οÏ?Ï?ιν; μὴ Ï?λανᾶÏ?θε: οá½?Ï?ε Ï?Ï?ρνοι οá½?Ï?ε εἰδÏ?λολάÏ?ραι οá½?Ï?ε μοιÏ?οὶ οá½?Ï?ε μαλακοὶ οá½?Ï?ε á¼?ρÏ?ενοκοá¿?Ï?αι οá½?Ï?ε κλέÏ?Ï?αι οá½?Ï?ε Ï?λεονέκÏ?αι, οὐ μέθÏ?Ï?οι, οὐ λοίδοροι, οὐÏ? á¼?ρÏ?αγεÏ? βαÏ?ιλείαν θεοῦ κληρονομήÏ?οÏ?Ï?ιν.

That section that I've bolded is where the words translated to homosexual and company are. Let's look at them closely.

μαλακοὶ, or malakoi, and á¼?ρÏ?ενοκοá¿?Ï?αι, or arsenokoitai. Do those look like ομοÏ?Ï?λοÏ?ιλικÏ?Ï?, or omophulophilikos? On to Timothy.

"1 Timothy 1:10, Greek"
    Ï?Ï?ρνοιÏ?, á¼?ρÏ?ενοκοίÏ?αιÏ?, á¼?νδραÏ?οδιÏ?Ï?αá¿?Ï?, Ï?εύÏ?Ï?αιÏ?, ἐÏ?ιÏ?ρκοιÏ?, καὶ εἴ Ï?ι á¼?Ï?ερον Ï?á¿? á½?γιαινούÏ?á¿? διδαÏ?καλίᾳ á¼?νÏ?ίκειÏ?αι,

See ομοÏ?Ï?λοÏ?ιλικÏ?Ï?? Doubtful. á¼?ρÏ?ενοκοίÏ?αιÏ? is what shows up. It says arsenokoitais, which I'm told is the same as arsenokoitai. Still isn't omophulophilikos.

"Reverend Mel White from <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.soulforce.org">www.soulforce.org</a><!-- w -->"
    Now what do the writings of Paul in 1 Corinthians 6:9 and 1 Timothy 1:10 say, first, about God, and then about homosexuality? These are the last two places in the Bible that seem to refer to same-sex behavior. We can combine them because they are so similar.

Paul is exasperated. The Christians in Ephesus and Corinth are fighting among themselves. (Sound familiar?) In Corinth they're even suing one another in secular courts. Paul shouts across the distance, "You are breaking God's heart by the way you are treating one another."

Like any good writer, Paul anticipates their first question: "Well, how are we supposed to treat one another?" Paul answers, "You know very well how to treat one another from the Jewish law written on tablets of stone."

The Jewish law was created by God to help regulate human behavior. To remind the churches in Corinth and Ephesus how God wants us to treat one another, Paul recites examples from the Jewish law first. Don't kill one another. Don't sleep with a person who is married to someone else. Don't lie or cheat or steal. The list goes on to include admonitions against fornication, idolatry, whoremongering, perjury, drunkenness, revelry, and extortion. He also includes "malokois" and "arsenokoitai."

Here's where the confusion begins. What's a malokois? What's an arsenokoitai? Actually, those two Greek words have confused scholars to this very day. We'll say more about them later, when we ask what the texts say about sex. But first let's see what the texts say about God.

After quoting from the Jewish law, Paul reminds the Christians in Corinth that they are under a new law: the law of Jesus, a law of love that requires us to do more than just avoid murder, adultery, lying, cheating, and stealing. Paul tells them what God wants is not strict adherence to a list of laws, but a pure heart, a good conscience, and a faith that isn't phony.

That's the lesson we all need to learn from these texts. God doesn't want us squabbling over who is "in" and who is "out." God wants us to love one another. It's God's task to judge us. It is NOT our task to judge one another.

So what do these two texts say about homosexuality? Are gays and lesbians on that list of sinners in the Jewish law that Paul quotes to make an entirely different point?

Greek scholars say that in first century the Greek word malaokois probably meant "effeminate call boys." The New Revised Standard Version says "male prostitutes."

As for arsenokoitai, Greek scholars don't know exactly what it means -- and the fact that we don't know is a big part of this tragic debate. Some scholars believe Paul was coining a name to refer to the customers of "the effeminate call boys." We might call them "dirty old men." Others translate the word as "sodomites," but never explain what that means.

In 1958, for the first time in history, a person translating that mysterious Greek word into English decided it meant homosexuals, even though there is, in fact, no such word in Greek or Hebrew. But that translator made the decision for all of us that placed the word homosexual in the English-language Bible for the very first time.

In the past, people used Paul's writings to support slavery, segregation, and apartheid. People still use Paul's writings to oppress women and limit their role in the home, in church, and in society.

Now we have to ask ourselves, "Is it happening again?" Is a word in Greek that has no clear definition being used to reflect society's prejudice and condemn God's gay children?

We all need to look more closely at that mysterious Greek word arsenokoitai in its original context. I find most convincing the argument from history that Paul is condemning the married men who hired hairless young boys (malakois) for sexual pleasure just as they hired smooth-skinned young girls for that purpose.

Responsible homosexuals would join Paul in condemning anyone who uses children for sex, just as we would join anyone else in condemning the threatened gang rape in Sodom or the behavior of the sex-crazed priests and priestesses in Rome. So, once again, I am convinced that this passage says a lot about God, but nothing about homosexuality as we understand it today.

[Of course, the exactly letters couldn't come out, but you can still get the gist of it. xP][/list:u]

Can't read that all, too short of an attention span, but I get the point. xD;

Boo: aweee. <33

XD

tl;dr, huh?
xP
Ah well.
(I think this is why people refuse to debate with me anymore. . . XD)
Uwargh, I'm hungry.
D;

What, 'man couch'?

I like arguing with dumb literal readers. I was schooled one. *flex* So I know the damned book well.

*rolls* I want to play Fallout 3. But it's at the parents' house! Whatever shall I do!?

xDD;

It's stupid.
We're broke and the only thing we have in the house is home-made pasta sauce and lasagne noodles. xDD
So I broke the lasagne noodles up into squares and i'm cooking them.
-laem-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom