Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question Can you import a thread?

Me and a RP partner are leaving a closing forum and would like to know if we can import our RP here, since we want to continue those threads over here.

Everyone is welcome to bring their roleplays here.

If you are asking for software support, it will have to be manually copying posts I am afraid. You should be able to copy over quite a lot at once however.

If you are asking for software support, it will have to be manually copying posts I am afraid. You should be able to copy over quite a lot at once however.
All right, thanks for the info. Some of our RP's are thousands of posts long, so I was hoping there was a smart way to import it all at once. :)

I do have a script to mass-make a thread, but you will need to get me your post data in a form with a consistent delimiter.

I recently did this with a partner when we both migrated to this site from another one. While the process took days (there were many posts), my solution was to create a temporary PM thread to copy their old exported RP posts to, then I would post mine to the new RP thread after they did, meaning they all showed up as coming from the correct person, in the correct order.

While not the most efficient way, I didn't think there would be a way to import/script it.

Back
Top Bottom