Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Why do I have to go ~ Star and Dream

Mifune

Supernova
It was a cloudy day when Greg got up this morning. It was his day off. He would of much rather stay home and drink a cold beer and sit back and relax. But that wasn't the case. Greg has been married now for about two years. And you know, he thought things were good between his wife and him. Every since the honeymoon things kind of got real. The bills...the idea of conceiving a child...and THE COOKING. The wife doesn't really work, she kind of becmae a part-timer... and still it has been a couple of months. Her cooking hasn't improved.

So a couple of weeks ago, Greg got home and the Wife stood at the hallway, blocking his way to enter the living room, in which he wanted to set his things down and lay down on the couch. But nope, the Wife stood in his way, and said, "Honey...we need to talk." It was like Greg had been in a car accident. He stood there dazzed...and confused. He had no idea what could of brought this on. The night before he had just "made love" to his wife. After a month hiatus.

"Is this about the sex?" Greg said, dropping his things down and walking over to his wife giving her a kiss. She didn't return the kiss. This was when Greg knew it was serious. So they moved to the living room (yes!! I get to sit...) Greg mind shouted.

"I want you to see somebody..." said the Wife. Greg made these shocked expressions, you would think he was auditioning for a horror film. "This is about the sex right?" said Greg. The Wife shook her head. "I want us to see a marital counselor." said the Wife.

"WHAT!!!" Greg felt his heart dropped. "What's wrong..." the Wife said "It's nothing...it's just I think we need help..."

"If you say it's nothing, then why do we have to see this person?" said Greg
"She's really good...she got Jeff and Audrey back to ecstasy..." said the Wife.

"No...I'm not seeing a shrink..." said Greg, getting up off the couch, the one place that would make all his stress melt away, now the Wife has turned the couch into the place where the Wife said we need help. Greg that day left the house and took a walk, then came back for supper, and didn't discuss it with the wife.

------------------------ One Week Later ------------------------

Greg is standing in front of double doors made out of glass, there he can see a woman sitting behind a desk, on the phone. She seemed pretty attractive. That's one thing Greg needs, someone who's as attractive as his wife, and is basically agreeing with his wife that there is a problem.

So after a few seconds of waiting, he decides to knock on the door and pushes the door open. "Hi...your secretary said you weren't busy..." Greg said.

Rubbing her temples softly, she sighed. She loved her job, but sometimes - SOMETIMES. Now was one of those times where she liked to envision herself on a sunny beach in Mexico with a margarita and a sun hat, basking in the rays and watching as the surfers clambered up the shore tow-

Suddenly stripped from her fantasy, Allison looked up t the sound of the voice. He was already inside her office and she glanced at the glass doors which made no noise when someone opened them - she'd have to fix that. Turning to him, she gave him the most pleasant smile she could muster. "
Oh, hello. No, I'm not busy at the moment, come on in..." she nodded her head, gesturing toward and rather fancy-looking chair that sat in front of her desk. There were actually two chairs there, angled lightly toward the desk and one another. She eyed him for a minute, not sure she really recognized him. Finally she turned her own desk chair more toward the front of the desk and sifted through some papers until she found her date book. There was no appointment scheduled for right now.

Then again, when had appointments ever mattered in this job anyways? Not waiting for him to sit, she crossed her long, smooth legs under the desk and closed her planner, leaning forward slightly. "
I don't recall seeing you here before... What can I do for you today?" she questioned with a light smirk to her otherwise curved lips. Leaning her back gently against the chair, she breathed in deeply, folding her hands into her lap. She was a generally calm individual, even for this line of work.

As a marriage counselor, she didn't just deal with marriage problems - often enough she had to deal with individual problems as well. Her office, for that exact reason, was welcoming and comforting. The colors were warm and inviting and the furniture was plush and comfy. She sat behind a large, black almost futuristic-looking sort of desk piece, papers neatly piled with a few files stacked on the desk. Her computer screen was angled toward her so people in the chairs couldn't necessarily see, though it was obvious that it pivoted and swiveled around.

Her dress was classy as well, though with a hint of laid-back assertiveness. As a professional she had to dress like one but it was obvious that she was on the younger side. She wore a skirt down to almost her knees as well as black heels, practical but cute. Her blouse was buttoned up, leaving just two unbuttoned to expose a thin gold-chain necklace that her father had given her when she got her own office.

Never married herself, at least not yet, Allison wore a ring on her right hand, but not one on her left. Her dark brown curls were pinned up and framed her face. Her black glasses drew attention to her lighter skin and her emerald-colored irises, but were relatively plain and effortless themselves.

Watching her every movement as Greg entered her "layer" as the double glass door made that sound of clinging when they clash against one another, though it disappeared as soon as it echoed the room, Greg could only put out a fake smile. He didn't know what he was trying to impress this woman who sat before him. But something inside wanted to impress her.

Who knows, maybe because she could tell his stupid Wife that there was nothing wrong with them, that she was just being paranoid...or something. He tuck his hands inside the pockets of his black slacks as walked foward towards her, his eyes still on her.

There was a part of him that felt that he would flirt with her if he wasn't married, but that part was quickly put down by reason, and that side of him was telling him that you're married now, don't pull out like your father, cheating on your mother, with any blond/brunette in the room that had long hair.

When Greg got closer to Allison, he stopped, he looked at the two chairs in front of him, then at her. She dressed kind of ...well revealing...no doubt his father would hit on this girl. Greg was surprised Sarah would pick Allison as a marital counselor. She must be really good. Either that or she feels that she's out of his league, meaning that he had no chance of hooking up with her.

"Umm...I believe you spoke to my wife? Sarah?" he said, looking around the room, this place certainly had a comfy aura to it...but what about intelligence? He wondered as he saw books on the bookshelf, what type of books they were, he couldn't see them from where he was, if only he telescopic eyes.

Allison shifted in her chair a bit and watched as he moved rather awkwardly to the chair in front of her. Men often reacted like this when coming to her alone - nervous and awkward. She sighed inwardly but also ran through client names in her head, trying to pick out a Sarah. Suddenly she nodded, finding one she figured that was his wife. "Oh, right... She mentioned that you were going to try to come in to see me," she explained, leaning forward on her desk a bit, putting her elbows up to support herself. She glanced him over when he wasn't looking - a good enough looking guy, though she remembered his wife complaining about something or other.

Women were almost always more honest and open about things here.

"
She's been in to see me about two or three times now... I'm glad you've finally come," she said and nodded, trying to ease the awkwardness that he seemed to be feeling. Following his eyes, she looked up at the bookshelves and smirked a bit. They were stacked high with some psychology readings as well as her favorite poetry and some childrens books in another corner for those couples who had smaller children and had to bring them.

"
So," she said, turning her attention back to him, some of her curls bouncing as she turned her head. "Tell me... What has Sarah told you? And what do you think is happening between you two?" she asked, finally sitting back in her chair some - her schedule was clear for a while and so she tried to relax.

So she's an educated girl Greg thought to himself. He continued to stand but this time he removed his hands from his pockets and brought them up to his chest and crossed them before placing them against his chest. He looked at her, he didn't want to be here. He didn't like talking to a shrink, basically. What man in this world pours out his feelings to some stranger?

"Yeah...I'm a really busy guy...I'm a salesman you see...so my job requires me to go to my cilents...cause when you're trying to sale something it's better for you to go to them then for them to come to you." Greg said with a nod. Then he leaned back a bit and looked around some more.

"Look..." he said, beginning to walk towards the left, as he notice the view she had. He begins to walk and talk at the same time, towards the window. "I don't really want to be here...I don't believe that there's a problem in my relationship with my wife, she just insists that there is...so yeah..." he said, as he reaches the window. "That's a beautiful view..." he said, staring out at the window into the horizon.

Allison watched him walk around, nodding softly at his comments about being a salesman. "It is a beautiful view," she said, turning her chair toward the window and glancing outside. The sun was bright and a story below were people walking along the sidewalk to and from work, school and play. She sighed quietly inside her head before pushing some of her hair behind her ears so it wasn't in her face. "Well," she started, straightening out her skirt quietly.

"
Even if you don't think there is a problem... If your wife has an issue with your relationship, in whatever manner that may be, don't you think that is also a problem of yours? A relationship is a mutual thing, built on sharing and respect, wouldn't you agree? So, essentially, her having a problem is your problem," she said, sitting up a little more. "If that's clear," she said, wondering if he would need clarification. Meanwhile she scanned over him briefly for posture and body language. Already he was defensive about his position, not exactly the open-minded type that was easiest to work with.

Greg caught the reflection of her fixing her hair and skirt and quickly glanced away. "So how much are people paying you to have this office here?" he said, looking up then back at the view. That was the bad thing about these modern day offices, Greg thought. Little hidden, but everything is in plain sight, but one can't open or close the windows. It's all up to the air ventilations.

"Yes, it seems that everything in this world is a mutual thing. Anyways... my Wife hasn't told me what she thought was wrong. So I don't like it when I come home from work and she blindsides me by saying I need to see you. That isn't fair on her part, and you know it. So how do you expect me to be here and talk to you when I have no clue what it is..." said Greg

He was going to talk to Sarah about this when he got back, to get a little bit angry on his day off was unacceptable. He should be on his comfort chair with his feet stretched out and enjoying a cold beer.

"That's something you should talk to your wife about," she smirks lightly on his comment about the office. Honestly, it wasn't a terrible price, both for her or what she was paying for the office, but even still, she steered quietly around the subject. "Well, I do agree it was a bit unfair of her to tell you to come here without knowledge of what was wrong in here eyes," she said, raising an eyebrow slightly. She was quiet for a few minutes then, gently swinging her foot as she observed him for a while.

"
I'm not sure what I can really explain to you that she couldn't explain to you better," she said and sighed quietly. This was always difficult. "She feels that you've grown distant, I believe," she started. And, almost as if reading his thoughts about wanting to be at home with the TV and a beer, she continued. "And, well, she thinks you two don't spend a whole lot of time together... When you leave for business, she doesn't like that you don't call that much, and then when you get back you'd rather sit in your chair with a beer watching TV rather than, say... Making love to her," she cleared her throat, her hands folded lightly in her lap.

"
Again, that is just what she told me, not my opinion or anything on the subject. It's just how she said she feels."

Greg already knew what she was going to say before she said it. He was just playing along, so that the "Marital Counselor" thought he was opening up. But in fact, he stood still and continued to stare out at the view. He thought about what to say then he turned around and looked at her.

"Everytime I come home from one of those business trips, I'm tired, and all I want to do is sit back and relax. And when I have a couple of days free, I do spend my time with her, just three days ago, we rocked the bed." said Greg.

"Well," she started, swinging her foot lightly under her desk as she turned in her large chair to look at him. "Maybe she doesn't understand that you're tired when you come back... Perhaps she doesn't understand how hard you work on your trips," she said, sitting up slightly. She leaned forward, watching him as he watched out the large-paned windows.

"
Or maybe it's the nature of your work that is making her uneasy. It's not easy to watch the person you love get up and leave every few days for days on end and not see them... And, well, then to have them come home and seemingly want to keep to themselves..." her voice trailed off lightly. "Maybe a miss-communication," she suggested lightly, neutrally - she didn't need to instigate an issue that wasn't there.

Greg turned his head to look at her then went back to stare out at the horizon through the glass in front of him. He didn't want to be here, but he did it to prove to his Wife that he wanted to make it work. But it was if his wife was sending him mix signals. Why bring him to a martial counselor that was looking so fine, that a man had to be crazy to pass up the chance to get freaky with her?

He cleared his throat, "I told you before, that I'm not giving up my job...so what are you saying? That I should give my wife an ultimatium? Either accept me for what I do or leave? Maybe I should give her up for you...do you like guys leaving every two days?" Greg said with a smirk.

Back
Top Bottom