Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Making Dreams into a Reality [roses.on.your.bones][bimbobrandi]

roses.on.your.bones

❛ One day I'll be dancing on your grave ❜
3m8R2tY.jpeg

"What do you mean, you're not coming home for another night?" Cameron lowered herself to sit on the edge of the california king bed she shared with her fiance, a frown gracing her full lips. "You were supposed to be home hours ago, Jack. I was worried sick. You couldn't call me and tell me you missed the flight?" Although there was some anger in her voice, what her fiance would likely hear more than that was the fear in it. She really had been worried about him, especially when she'd gone to pick him up from the airport and he hadn't walked off the plane. She'd immediately started calling him, but his phone kept going straight to voicemail. She'd been about to book a damn flight herself before he finally called.

Light blue eyes glanced at the clock on the bedside table, her teeth sinking down into her lower lip as Jack sighed on the other end of the line. "I was wrapped up in meetings, Cami. You know how these new building openings go. It's fucking insane out here, babe. I'm sorry."

Cameron felt her simmering anger dissipate, and she hung her head as she pressed the phone tighter against her ear. "I know." She whispered, reaching up with her free hand to grab the hair tie holding her hair up in a bun. Tugging on it to free the long, wavy locks, she lifted her head afterwards, tossing the hair tie onto the table. "Just... come home soon." She told him, her voice still soft. "I miss you, is all."

"I know, buttercup."

The familiar nickname for her made her smile, and even laugh a little bit into the phone. "I love you."

"I love you, too. See you soon."

Cameron hesitated before lowering the phone, pressing the end button and staring at the screen until it went dark. Drumming her fingers on the back of it, she just shook her head and tossed the phone beside her onto the bed. She was being crazy, and she knew it. Jack had always been dedicated to his work, but lately, she couldn't help but think he was drifting from her. But then he'd just drop that nickname and that dimpled smile of his, and she was falling for him all over again.

Laying back to stretch her upper body along the bed, feet still hanging off the side, she stared up at the ceiling above her, letting her eyes drift closed. She hated going to bed alone, especially here. The house they lived in was nice, paid for by Jack's decent paychecks. But it was lonely when he wasn't here, especially at night.

At least tonight it was raining. Cameron loved the rain, and the noise would help her sleep.

After a few minutes, Cameron pushed herself off the bed and made her way into the bathroom to shower. Once she'd done that, washed her face, done everything she needed to to get ready, she ventured back into the empty bedroom. Pulling on her favorite pair of flannel shorts and a tank top, she climbed underneath the weighted comforter, pulling it up to her neck as she laid there, trying to get comfortable enough to sleep.

She didn't expect it to happen so soon, but sleep took her under before she could even realize it.

When her eyes opened, she wasn't surprised to find herself in an unfamiliar place. But that's only because she was dreaming, and even if she didn't realize it was a dream, she had that dream-like rationale going on where everything made sense. At first glance, the place looked striking. Everything looked expensive, and she almost didn't want to move, afraid she might break something. But she finally did start venturing further into the place, and with an almost child-like curiosity, began to explore and touch. When she began to realize that things weren't as they seemed, her brow furrowed, and she stopped in the middle of a kitchen area, spinning around in a slow circle. She couldn't explain why, but... she felt sad. Like something was weighing down her heart, and she wasn't even sure what.

"Is there anybody here?"​

befunky_2023-8-3_3-58-15.jpg

Typhon had been here for.. he didn't know. Time didn't really have any relevance here. He'd been stuck here seemingly forever, his only crime, love. He'd fallen for a woman, the daughter of a powerful goddess, but he was a demon, and incubus and such a union was forbidden. When the Goddess had found out about the two she had reacted angrily..

He had spent so much of the past however long alone, that when he thought he heard the voice he figured he was hallucinating again, and yet.. he was so desperate for it to be real, for it to be true, that he followed the voice, all the whole thinking, praying almost, if demons could pray. It was certainly stronger than a wish, a wish that the voice was real, that finally someone had come, someone who wasn't his captor, arrived to taunt him..

When he set eyes on the woman he froze, she was beautiful, the most beautiful woman that he had ever seen actually. That soft golden hair, those beautiful eyes.. her perfect lips.. he almost forgot where he was for a moment, he almost forgot everything. But slowly the world around him returned, the soft music that existed only in his mind falling silent

"Who.. how..."

He started before shaking his head

"No, never mind.. where are my manners. Welcome to my humble abode"

Back
Top Bottom