Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question Question for admins about rules on world building

SEM Aftermath

Kidnapper on the prowl
I would like to start a thread (preferably in the world building forum, but if needed elsewhere, please let me know) where I start a bit of world (actually city) building. But…I would like to have it open for other people in the BMR community to contribute their ideas to the building of the city. Perhaps BMR member A would like to have a bar named after them. They could leave a comment on the thread, and that bar would be added to the city.

I do not, in any way, plan on this thread becoming a place where people play (just use the city we all build together in their own story lines and role plays if they wish) but just want to make sure that my idea of having other members of the BMR community contributing is acceptable per the rules to have in the world building forum.

I don't want to run afoul of any of the admins here.

Thanks,

This is a good question, and I have to admit, the thought of doing something similar has occured to me. Not specifically for a roleplaying game that would be played that I would host myself, but for a subject everyone could draw upon for all their purposes.

I cannot remember, can we world build for things that are canon. Like for instance, Sunnydale in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, or does it have to be original work?

My thought as a way this might work is a way to help all people who want to play Buffy the Vampire slayer games, or whatever canon it is, play their games. Not for a specific game. For example. Not sure if they meant something like this but this was my own idea of a take on it.

Personally, I don't see how a collaborative effort in the World Building forum would be an issue, especially if you've made it clear that collaboration form the wider community is welcomed. So long as everything that goes into the "world" is within site rules, and all world-building contributions are done respectfully, I'd think it should be OK. I'd also suggest that, as the world "owner", your say as to what is and is not acceptable should be final.

It's a good idea, wanting to build a world with the help of others; moreso if others can also set their own RP in it. :)

BUT... I'll defer to the admins on this. :)

Yeah, anyone would be welcome to use the city/world in any of their rp, they could just reference back to the world building thread if they wanted to. I would probably decide what goes and what doesn't just to make sure everything makes sense as well (and definitely is within site rules).

I don't see how it would be an issue, but I know the admins can be pretty particular about their rules here so just wanted a thumbs up from them before starting anything.

Back
Top Bottom