Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Least favourite sport and why

Everything except Jell-O wrestling.

Kidding. (Sort of.)

Racewalking. It just looks too goofy. I love watching Olympic track and field every four years, but I just have to shake my head when the tv coverage shows the racewalking. "Run fast.......but come on now, not TOO fast!"

Curling

I'm sorry, but I just can't take it seriously whenever I see those guys with the brooms

cricket !

It goes on for days ! And I used to play, and frankly is boring fielding, only the best bowlers get to bowl, and only the best batsman get to stay in and bat.
Granted many sports are geared towards attention to the "best", but its just out of hand with cricket.

Golf. Mostly for being boring and with how much land and water it wastes.
But Mini-golf? Sign me the fuck up

Sorry, but baseball. I know it can be exciting but every time I have watched an actual game it was so slow and boring.

"Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an ever smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose."

-Winston Churchill

Olympic wrestling (I think it's called Greco-Roman Wrestling), where they wear silly skintights on hairy bodies and stick their fingers into each-others assholes basically :D and sometimes do nothing but grope each other :D

Judo is way more beautiful to watch.

Also, that athletics discipline where they not walk anymore, but not running yet too... just walking silly. Sport Walking? I don't know how it is in English.

Olympic wrestling (I think it's called Greco-Roman Wrestling), where they wear silly skintights on hairy bodies and stick their fingers into each-others assholes basically :D and sometimes do nothing but grope each other :D
Are you sure that you're being honest about how you feel about this? :ROFLMAO:

Football, the American version to be specific. And it's not baseless. I played it when I was a kid and just found it confusing and boring. I want to stress it wasn't like I forced to do it by my parents as it was totally my choice. Also from what I remember of the coach he was nice and actually complimentary of me and I was on a team with all my friends. I just did not like it. Stuck out the season and never looked back. I'm kind of baffled by its popularity to be honest.

Golf would probably just edge out soccer in my book. I get there's skill involved and all but it's just about impossible for me to watch. Maybe it's the slow drawn out pace of it but I feel like falling asleep whenever someone is watching it. However I'm totally fine with drinking and riding around in a golf cart on a nice day and watching my friends golf. Or maybe trying to tame the wild ducks is more what I like going for.

I see plenty of golf in this thread and I can definitely see why, but what takes the cake for me though has to be ski jumping. I don't doubt there's skill involved in it, but it feels like watching the same set of actions β€” preparation, sliding down and the jump β€” followed by a landing that differs by a few meters, give or take. I'm sure that a crafty editor could re-use clips of a single participant, barring the landing, and hardly any viewer would notice. The scoring is weird too, taking into account not only the distance, but also the wind (which I understand) and style (which I don't). Also, it's an Olympic sport, which is baffling to me.

As a spectator: Soccer. As a fan of baseball, I feel bored watching soccer because it's so slow. On the pitch, they're flying, but way zoomed out from the nosebleeds or a TV screen? It just doesn't convey any real speed or urgency. Playing is really fun though.

As a player: Distance/marathon races of all kinds. Like sure, the technical skill is very much there, but I've been on the same loop for two hours now and I still got half an hour to go of doing literally the same exact thing I've been doing since my position in the pack has been established.

Curling

I'm sorry, but I just can't take it seriously whenever I see those guys with the brooms
I completely agree with you, Aspar! It's way too silly and farcical. I think some drunk folks got bored and decided to invent a silly game of sliding things on ice....and were able to convince the Olympic Committee for inclusion! What the hell.

Golf would probably just edge out soccer in my book. I get there's skill involved and all but it's just about impossible for me to watch. Maybe it's the slow drawn out pace of it but I feel like falling asleep whenever someone is watching it. However I'm totally fine with drinking and riding around in a golf cart on a nice day and watching my friends golf. Or maybe trying to tame the wild ducks is more what I like going for.
Triss,
I don't consider golf a sport. For me, a sport must have two elements: you must sweat, and there must be some element of danger. Golf has neither. Period.

Crossift. The idea is fun and really nothing new, strongman competitions function with a very similar basic idea, but whoooooooo boy did they make crossfit the most unlikeable thing ever with a combination of agressive marketing, awful rules, horrible event execution and really subpar "pro" athletes. Not to mention that crossfit community as a whole seems to be allergic to constructive criticism and progress.

I have nothing against anyone who does crossfit or thinks it's fun. Have at it. But the moment someone says tries to claim that it's a serious sport or that the butchering of basic movement patterns is good (kIpPiNg PuLl-uPs aRe JuSt FiNe), I see red.

Back
Top Bottom