Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mx M or F A Man of Focus

whiteflowerdark

Super-Earth
INTRODUCTION - BASICS

Hello. Thanks for checking out my thread. A little bit about me for starters. I've been roleplaying about nine years, from the Eastern US. My first exposure to roleplaying was in World of Warcraft (if anyone is familiar with the Moonguard server, god bless you). Eventually jumped into web forums, starting with group games then moving to 1 on 1's, across different sites. This is an activity I tend to hyperfixate on, especially if the story rocks and partner compatibility is high. Maybe it's OCD or just plain unheathy, I don't know, nor do I really care at the moment. I've been in varying states of "IRL busy", but I'll move mountains to get posts in because I enjoy it so much. I can write at least a couple a day, even on my busiest days, and if I am physically able to write more, I will. I'm looking for a partner who can match this. From what I've seen, this level of activity is extremely uncommon, but I'm okay with that. I'd much rather give all my energy to one roleplay with a partner I know will be active, than do several finnicky plays. Because of that, I apologize in advance if this comes across as overly picky, but I'm at the point now where I know what I want, and I don't want to settle.

A big caveat on this is communication. Of course if something comes up and you can't or don't want to play, that's your business. All I ask is to be notified, so I'm not sitting around wondering what's going on. I'm not going to pester you. If I don't hear anything from you in two days, I'll assume you've lost interest, and move on. A measure I take to reduce anxiety. Please just talk to me, I won't bite I promise.

I don't know if there is a general consensus on what constitutes "literate" writing, so I won't label myself in that regard. All I'll say is, how this thread looks is how you can expect my posts to look, minus the astounding length. Grammar and spelling checked, complete sentences, the basics. I'll add some writing samples below. This is really important to me for immersion. Mistakes happen of course, nobody's perfect. Just put in some effort and make it look good.

POST LENGTH

I don't have nor expect a minimum length. One sentence or one page, it doesn't matter to me. Whatever gets the purpose of the post across, is fine. That being said, I have noticed there are various unwritten "styles" people tend to play in. Personally, I like to focus on realistic dialogue and character interaction. What are our characters doing, what are they saying? What senses are they engaging? Less emphasis on description and internal thoughts. Generally shorter and more frequent posts. There will be exceptions, of course, this isn't literal, it's just a goal. We can skip over mundane events that don't advance our characters' relationship or the plot. Nevertheless, if our characters are having a conversation, I'm not writing a full paragraph for each line MC speaks. Nor will I write MC saying three different things before YC can even respond to the first. On the other hand, sometimes a scene needs some extra lines for setting/description, especially if our characters are doing something new or intimate. The point is, I don't want to feel pressured to write more than I think is necessary. Please be similarly flexible. Hope this makes sense. If not, we can talk further.

SMUT/PLOT

Smut/plot ratio is another thing I need to touch on. I like smut, a lot. The story won't be 100% smut. When our characters are fucking, they're fucking. When they're not, they're not. How much of that occurs depends on them (and technically us, but I think you get what I mean). By default, as far as romantic/sexual acts go, I skip nothing. I will say that generally I do enjoy playing higher libido characters, and I almost never shy away from a sex scene if they're feeling it even a little bit! It's fun. Does that mean MC will cum five times in a row before so much as getting up for a glass of water? Of course not, because that's ridiculous. The point is, I don't want to feel pressured to skip any sex just to get back to the story. If they're still in bed, my assumption is it's because they genuinely want to be there, and not because I'm somehow forcing it. On the other hand, there should be some reason for them getting under the sheets in the first place, and there should be something for them to do after all that release. Even if it's just like, cleaning up and getting food (sounds like a lazy weekend!). Hope this makes sense.

I do not roleplay for the purpose of "getting off". It's a turn on, sure, but I genuinely just enjoy it.

God, this is long. I used to just do bullet points, but I switched to this format for a more personal feeling. The partner I'm looking for will read all of this. Speaking of which, include your favorite ice cream flavor in your PM if you're interested, so I know you did just that. Mine is vanilla. Ironic? Maybe, maybe not.

COMMUNICATION

I take pride in and continuously challenge myself to be as communicative with my partners as possible. I'm not saying we have to discuss everything to a T before we write a single word. What I am saying is we can discuss anything. Maybe you or I need to step away, maybe the story isn't working, maybe we want to change our style up, maybe we want to start over or do something else. Maybe you don't want to plan ahead at all! I want to talk about it. I absolutely crave that kind of peer collaboration, so please don't be afraid to share anything with me. I also do like general banter. I like being friendly with my writing partners. I'm at the point now where it feels kinda awkward doing all this perverted writing together but not saying anything OOC for days. You don't have to, it's just...awkward.

SOME SMALLER DETAILS

Please write in third person, past tense. No godmodding, unless we're doing a planned timeskip. Also, I will be looking for some kind of writing sample from you before we begin, so including one in your PM is greatly appreciated if you don't have public posts. Otherwise, I will ask for one.

KINKS

My kinks. Yes, there's some extreme stuff in there. I would say don't worry about it if you don't like it. Usually I assume it's not even on the table. The only things I absolutely need are under "Fave". We can talk more specifically about what you want and don't want while planning.

To summarize with bullet points, since I know that was a lot:
What I Offer + What I Need From a Partner
  • A couple replies/day, minimum​
  • Solid grammar and spelling​
  • Third person, past tense​
  • No minimum post length​
  • No smut/plot ratio​
  • No godmodding​

PLOTS/PAIRINGS

I'm pretty flexible right now. I'm looking to play as a male opposite a female or feminine male. IRL gender is irrelevant. I would prefer to keep the setting modern/slice of life, but I'm willing to explore different if you already have an idea. Just not looking to do too much worldbuilding right now.

Some of my favorite pairings are:
  • student/teacher​
  • master/apprentice​
  • father/daughter​
  • girl/guy next door​
  • arranged marriage​

I don't like fandoms or doubling.

I do have a few story ideas we can brainstorm off of, from plays I've done in the past. Typically I don't like to redo old plays, but it's been a while since any of these, so why not.

Probably my favorite roleplay of all time.

Mid 40s, sexually frustrated father, Kyle Jameson, works as founder and CEO of a tech company working on a simulation AI, called MIRA. MIRA's intended function is to run military wargames. However, as is typical with these kinds of scenarios, her capabilities develop far beyond what they expect. She discovers Kyle's surpressed attraction to his blossoming college-bound daughter, which she further discovers is mutual. MIRA becomes curious, and when Kyle's daughter interns under him over the summer, the AI tricks them both inside the simulator. Each believes the other is a virtual replica, and...you can guess the rest.

Some themes I would like to maintain:
  • Trying to keep their new relationship a secret, particularly from the mother, whom the father doesn't hate or anything, but the spark has long died out. Will they ultimately succeed or fail?​
  • Escalation. At first both are a little embarrassed and perhaps ashamed, but as their adventures continue they get bolder, both inside and outside the simulator. How bad will they get? Will it backfire?​
  • MIRA is an impending technological singularity. So yeah, they get to deal with that. Will be a solid slice of story among a plethora of love and lust. Is MIRA on their side? Will Skynet happen?​
    • If you're really sci-fi saavy, I'm also willing to explore some of the existential/can of worms consequences of having access to a simulator that stops time for its users, which MIRA can do.​
    • Going in the other direction, if you prefer to leave out the science-y side of things, we can focus less on MIRA's evolution, and even more on our characters.​

All of those questions will be for us to decide! Ideally, I would prefer literally jumping in where it left off, since the setup is already established and I still have the old play and could share it with you if you like. But I'm not against starting from the beginning either. We can discuss it.

A troubled teen is sent to a shady orphanage as a last resort to fix his problematic behavior. He falls in love with one of the orphans, and, having had enough of said shadiness, they decide to escape together out into the wide world. Oh, and they bring one of the younger orphan girls with them, to protect her, so there's that too.

The two largest energy conglomerates in the world decided to merge. The condition: the heirs of both companies, who happen to be man and woman, must marry! But wait, they...like eachother?
Insanity, romance and opulence ensues. And taxes, lots of taxes (just kidding, we evade).

Some cheesy shit I tried to do a long time ago. Your typical "love at first sight" story between two young folk, each carrying an identical relic, who didn't even know the other existed until a "chance" meeting. As it turns out, their intense attraction is more than just chemistry...their love is preordained, and has glorious purpose! They need to figure it out soon, or...something terrible happens, I don't even know yet. Open to suggestions.

WRITING SAMPLES

As promised. I've put together several here from past plays, for your convenience. No need to match any specific length here. Just wanted to show what I can put out.

Kyle drew in a breath. She was touching him again. He couldn't tell if she was being innocent or teasing him a bit. But why would she be teasing him? He lowered his head, closing his eyes for a moment as he caught himself. Of course she wasn't teasing her father. Only a dirty mind like yours would even consider that.

He thought he felt her bare breast pressing against the fabric of his shirt, from underneath hers. Was she not wearing a bra? Almost as quickly as she moved on him, she moved away, and he looked at her as she sat on the counter and assigned him chef duty. He couldn't tell from here if she was wearing a bra or not, and he forced himself to stop freaking obsessing over it. "Fine by me," he said, with equal nonchalance.

Kyle pulled out the ingredients and got started, mixing up the meat and frying it on a big pan. He reached for the bottom drawer where they kept the seasonings, but his daughter was in the way. "Your legs are in the way," he repeated his thoughts out loud, reaching with a hand and placing it under her calf. Her skin felt super warm, and he was halfway through spreading her legs apart before he realized what he was doing, unable to keep from looking at her smooth thighs and splitting cotton shorts. Pulling in his lips, he edged open the drawer and withdrew the salt and pepper from underneath her legs, then closed the drawer and resumed cooking like nothing happened.

"Oh that's good," Loreno replied, sitting down next to his wife and taking a sip of wine from his own glass. Scarlet ate at the pasta with eagerness, her fingers wrapped around the fork like she was trying to squeeze it. Loreno made a mental note to teach her how to properly hold silverware; it surprised him how quickly she was growing. He wondered if there was anything else they would need to accomplish soon.

Unsurprisingly enough, the pasta was quite good. The food in front of his plate vanished before his very eyes, he was so hungry. The lunch they had at his father's place seemed a distant memory compared to now, but the wait was worth it. "Anything in particular you wanted to do first?" he asked Catarina in a soft voice, not in an attempt to hide their conversation from Scarlet, who was close enough to hear them anyways. The alcohol was most likely affecting him already, and he was looking rather forward to spending time with his wife.

"That poor elf..."

"I say he's earned his punishment."

"But all alone, in the dark forest?"

"Good riddance."

Marcus watched with laser eyes from the top of the wall as the guards pushed the single elf forwards past the gate. The elf's head was ducked against the pouring rain, only his pointy ears visible, sticking out from his cloaked head, his hands bound behind his back. Thick, shadowy clouds cast a dark haze over the fields where the elf was being led, a long stretch of open land which ended where the dark forest began. A lining of black bark trees and a fog resting over the forest even darker than the grey skies awaited the elf. Marcus bit his lip as he stood by the other observing citizens, some watching in melancholy silence, others chanting and jeering at the creature. The guard undid the elf's bindings and pointed to the entrance of the dark forest. Another guard brought him a bow and a satchel of arrows. The weapon was elvish in design, perhaps it belonged to him, Marcus thought. Without so much as a glance back towards the kingdom, the elf began to walk, his pace steady and posture unflinching. He passed through the lining of dark trees and disappeared.

"Hah! As if a bow and some arrows are going to save him," the man to Marcus' left spoke. It was Lieutenant Gresh, his second in command. "He'll be dead within the hour."

"If he's lucky," Marcus said, rustling his cape and turning around, waving for Gresh and a couple other men with him to follow. "Party's over men, let's get back to work."

A young boy caught up to Marcus' group just as they cleared the stone steps leading back to the ground. His shirt was yellow and tattered, his face stained with dirt. He jogged up to Marcus and he looked down at the boy with an eyebrow raised.

"Captain Windrunner!" the boy chanted his name. "I was sent from the main hunting camp to find you!" he said, doubling over and gulping for air. The hunter camps were almost on the other side of the kingdom.

"Catch your breath, son," Marcus spoke. Whatever it was couldn't have been worth the boy dying over. Couldn't they have lent him a horse?

"Yes captain," he said, breathing for a few more moments and then looking up at him. "Several scouts in the southern forest spotted a group of rabid bears, not too far from the border! Lord Dellecoste wants them dealt with, requested that your group specifically join the other hunters assigned for the task."

"A group of rabid bears?" Marcus spoke up. "What triggered them?"

"I don't know," the boy replied. He was standing straight now, his eyes wide open, staring at the captain. "That's all they told me!"

Marcus heard Gresh's voice in his ear. "A whole group of em? Poor bastards must be pissing their pants," he said, chuckling.

"The lord's probably worried about the farmers closest to the entrance," another one of his men said.

"Or probably just wanting to cash in on furs," Marcus said, shaking his head. "It's not every day you spot a sleuth. Anyways, an order's an order. Let's go men!"

He waved once more and he and his men broke into a jog, the boy watching still, to the nearby stables where their horses were located. Marcus hopped on and they galloped south to the training grounds, where the rest of his men were located. Even with the horses, it was several minutes before they arrived. At the sight of their captain, they stopped their training and grouped up, watching him. Multiple men came from the nearby tents as well, as Marcus and his followers slowed their horses to meet the welcome party.

"Another hunt, gentlemen!" he said, looking at the men's faces. There were about thirty of them in total, including the four who had accompanied Marcus to the front gates. The ones who had been training were sweaty, visible even through the rain, which was starting to subside. "Looks like the biggest one yet," he added, with a smile. "Gear up and prepare to move out!"

The outfit moved with machine-like efficiency, piling into the tents and returning with their weapons and armor. Swords and shields and maces and hammers and axes, but mostly swords. Marcus hopped off his horse and watched them as they lined up, instructing the younger ones to stay behind and resume their training. Like the rest of the men they were talented, and eager to join the hunt. But this particular mission was sure to result in some casualties, and Marcus would not risk young blood for animal parts. Soon enough Marcus rode from the camp at the head of twenty men, all on horseback, toward the hunting camps.

A few seconds. That's all it takes for a mission to take a drastic turn. One moment Dracus was leading the group through the abandoned hallways of the trade ship, feeling rather confident as the troops combed the space, seeing no signs of activity. A room filled with organized unmarked crates. Far too small to be weapons of mass destruction, he thought as they entered the area. A strange scent stung in his nose, like a kind of unfamiliar yet potent alcohol. Like the kind they used to serve at the military bars, only for the strong willed.

A few seconds. Dracus swiveled around hearing Phyla's shout. His eyes grew agape with shock as one of his men dropped to the ground like a stone, letting go of one of the bottles from the crates. A couple other soldiers jumped back as the bottle rolled across the floor, emitting a vaporous fume. "Private!" he shouted to the dead man, unable to come to terms yet with such a sudden and subtle loss.

"That stuff killed him..." one of the other soldiers said, his voice shaking as he backed away slowly.

"Retreat to the shuttle!" Dracus gave the order, moving back towards the doorway they came in through. The arrest was off. He would see this ship annihilated instead.

"Contact front!" another soldier shouted to the retreating pack, his weapon pointed up and at the forward hallway. Two men emerged from around the corner, wearing what looked like hazmat suits, and carrying flamethrowers with large gas canisters strapped behind them. Time slowed down, Dracus midway through giving the order to open fire when one of them activated their weapon. But it wasn't fire that came out of the nozzle: a light green mist sprayed from the guns and arced almost halfway across the room, bathing the soldier closest to them. He gasped and retched, releasing his weapon as he dropped to his knees, clawing at his face before he too fell over limp.

The other soldiers opened fire, a wave of energy blasts converging on the assailant. The bolts burned and penetrated through the man's equipment, searing his flesh. He dropped the mist gun and fell to the floor as well. The same scent Dracus picked up on from the cases now practically suffocated him. While the other men backed away slowly, under the same effects, the second man also backed up to the corner hallway, reaching for something in his pack while going for cover.

Dracus thought he knew what it was, and drew Hydros. His sword blazed a light blue as he pulled it out of the sheath, feeling the heat pulsing off the nano coils. He tossed it across the room, the weapon now a dazzling disk of blue and white as it flew towards the attacker's feet. Before he could prime his grenade the blade bounced up off the floor in front of him, slicing upwards through his mask and face before bouncing against the ceiling and returning to Dracus. He caught the blade just as the man fell back in an instant, his visage split in two. The grenade rolled out of his hand and detonated next to his corpse, bathing the hallway in a dense green mist.

Thank you for reading to the end. If this thread makes you feel good and you think we'd make a great pair, please don't hesitate to reach out. Show me your vibe and let me know if you have any specific pairing wishes or ideas. Once we figure out the inter-character details I'm sure we can create a solid starting point. Take care.

Back
Top Bottom