Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unlit Skies

Unlit

Worlds that never were.
tl:dr

A slice of cyber space -- a journal, if you will -- for relevant roleplaying collateral.

Please don't reply to this thread. =)

Little about myself
I am a man.

Kinks
Traditional

Offs
Anime tentacles

Ratio
100:1

Humour
Dry.
Sometimes wry.

Having-Fun Contract
Continue replying if you’re having fun. Stop replying if you aren’t.

Last edited:
tl:dr

Romance
Epic, dark, twisted, toxic, tragic, forbidden, sweet, wholesome, etc. Only interested in stories that include flavors of romance between male and female characters.

Character-driven vs. Kink-driven
Organic and plausible sexual situations between interesting characters versus contrived scenarios between one-dimensional characters crafted solely to indulge specific kinks or slapstick smut. Seeking the former.

Realism
Reactions, interactions, physical capabilities, etc. as realistic as possible within the setting. Believably earned emotion and affection. Convincing side characters. Misunderstandings, miscommunications, miscues, mistakes, etc. Scenarios that play out imperfectly. Events that strike unexpectedly. Striving for realism in dialogue also cannot be under-appreciated. People stutter. Repeat themselves. Trail off. Have pauses and restarts. Say things and wait to give others a chance to reply before saying more.

Settings
Fantasy, medieval, modern, Sci-Fi, AU. GoT, X-Men, MCU, DC, ESO, WoW, HP, many fantasy & crime/adventure/thriller fiction book series, many movies, TV shows, cartoons, etc. Not a stickler for excessive canon accuracy, more that the broad strokes are captured to fulfill the spirit of the canon.

OOC Relations
Not here for the social aspect or interested in undue personal detail. I strive to be polite, accommodating, and responsive within reason. One note: online status does not necessarily imply availability to reply or trade in OOC or IC.

Posting
Quality over quantity. Creative freedom regarding reply size, and no expectation to match post lengths. Write for fun, not word count. Whether that's an informative novella length non-interactive scene with a side character, or a quick paragraph of dialogue to keep a tense scene flowing. Or anything in between.

Frequency
Averaging 1-3 days. Occasionally less or more, depending. Check-ins if I can't reply within the week. Momentum and progress are vital to preserve interest. When replies delay beyond a week without OOC notice or explanation, interest wanes. We're all easily distracted squirrels. 🐿️

Where to Write
PM or Googledocs.

Final Thoughts
I'm not a request thread writing type of player. I'm a request thread lurker. If I reach out to you based on your requests, and you take time to read this, please feel empowered to inquire for more details on any topic mentioned here or not.

Last edited:
Writing Examples

A story of a troubled young photographer named Delilah, who works for a macabre London magazine. Little did she know that her published photo of a dead Jane Doe would put her in the sights of an ancient monster with an unquenchable thirst for women biblically named. In this story, I wrote as both the vampire and Delilah's golden-hearted fiance' Jason.

Sedrimond came closer yet. Behind her. Against her. Stifling presence. His hands wrapped upon her body, uninvited. Unshakable. So leisurely he lifted clothing, allowing offending fingertips to trace over trembling, naked midriff. Then his touch slid down, down. A passage of knuckles straining the borders of tight denim and the sheer satin beneath. His face angling low, hovering there above her shoulder, watching her profile through cunning eyes dark and soulless.

"Her name was Eve," he said in that hushed, accented voice of his, caressing the memory of a dead woman against Delilah's ear. "It was I who gave her knowledge of good and evil. I who led her to the Tree of Life. … To truth." Gradual, deliberate touch of predator lips upon her skin. Behind her ear. The rim of her jaw. Each contact trailing ever downwards along her neck toward her collar. His hands became alive, pulling her against him. A palm rising to her mouth to stifle the coming scream. Unyielding grip dimpling her cheeks, pulling her head aside, tendon taut beneath the pale expanse of exquisite neck.

"Just as I shall lead you," he promised in a whisper above her racing pulse.

Razor fangs penetrated. Agony, blinding. White hot, piercing pain. The immediate aftermath ran the opposite spectrum. As his cheeks hollowed, wrenching the blood from her, warmth spread throughout, a creeping euphoria that drenched every nerve ending in ice and set them ablaze more thoroughly than any drug known to man. Reality hazed, the world gone upside-down. An indecipherable gravity. Alone in a field of utter blackness, floating, drifting free. Encroaching vines of ageless essence eased into the confines of a battered, mortal psyche, a glimpse of ancient Being awakening before Delilah’s inner sight. A millennia of lust, centuries of desire and thirst, biding its time in dark places. Countless writhing bodies meshed together, shapely legs, the shadow of breasts, reaching arms, a harmony of hushed moans and frantic panting. Blood, so much blood. Red curtains, red moons, red smiles. A bloody spiral unwinding, faces flashing past, fractured silhouettes in states of copulation. Screams of terror, screams of utmost pleasure.

Time lost meaning.

Indeterminable minutes, hours, stretched along an infinite thread toward sweet rapture -- the vampire fed, and that burning connection remained.

The son of the Captain of the Guard of a ruthless lord makes the mistake of publicly professing love to the lord’s daughter. To set an example, the lord has the boy savagely beaten and exiled, the guardsman father stripped of all honors and left destitute, the rebellious daughter soon married off to an elderly lord of a different fiefdom to secure an alliance for her father. The exiled son, nursing his wounds and a fresh seething hatred for nobility, takes a dark path to manhood, hitching his fate to an ambitious band of mercenaries led by a charismatic leader with dreams of upending the natural order and creating a new kingdom from its dust. Years later, that dream has been realized. The ruling lords have fallen. A new kingdom has been born. The exiled son has become the towering knight commander of the new kingdom’s army, completely loyal to its freshly crowned High King. The conquered nobility have either been outright executed or broken as slaves in harsh training camps, auctioned to the highest bidders to fill the High King’s coffers. The new king has heard the tale of the origins of his surly knight commander. To reward his knight’s loyalty and service, the king arranges a special gift – possession of the ruthless lord’s daughter, who has suffered her own trials.

Derek cut briskly into his meal, sawing his knife much more violently than needed, trying his best to ignore the High King’s hand upon Elspeth’s body or the impulse to break it. Trying his best to ignore the pale, casually bared body attached to that offending hand. The loose waterfall of golden ringlets, the familiar green eyes turned down demurely, the soft face of an angel. Her stance held an artistry of presentation. Shoulders back, chest forward, back arched to emphasize the pleasing curves of narrowed waist and rounded hips, a knee slightly raised, foot on tiptoes, small breasts that defied gravity, pink tips tight in the chill, open air. She wore a white strip of silk that hid nothing, a glittering collar of gold round her neck.

“But allow me to return to my original line of questioning,” said High King Blackbourne. “Tell me, Sir Derek, after turning down all the slaves, the marriage proposals, the riches, the titles, all the lands and keeps, the estates I’ve shown you, why show such an interest in something now? In this one woman?”

Derek finished chewing his present bite viciously, vowing he wouldn’t answer the godsdamned door next time for a summons such as this. There were a dozen other things he could be doing this moment. He could have been training in the practice yard, inspecting his men, arranging the logistics for the next march, strategizing the next keep to conquer. He would have rather been surrounded by a screaming enemy horde than sitting here, having a delicious breakfast with a mostly naked woman easily in his sight fondled by his king – a woman he once spent countless sleepless nights agonizing over.

“I...” Derek hesitated. He broke off a crust of bread and shoved it into his mouth, chewing with the beginnings of a scowl darkening his brow. After he’d swallowed and washed it down with wine, he muttered, “I was a ward of her father’s House. My father was Lord Conteville’s Captain of the Guard. She and I … grew up together. She was ... kind to me, then. And I do not wish to see her harmed now.”

“I see,” said the king with a small nod. Blackbourne frowned a curious frown, toying with a grape with the tongs on his fork. He finally speared the sphere of fruit and popped it into his mouth. He chewed, swallowed. Then his eyes settled on Derek again.

“Do you recall when we first met?” Blackbourne said. “What you told me that day?”

Derek sliced another piece of pork with his knife. “That was some years ago, Your Grace. My memory fades,” he muttered. But he knew. Two moments in his life stood above all others. Turning points. One was the day he’d been exiled from Conteville’s lands, furious and lost. The other was the day he had been found and given new purpose.

Blackbourne chuckled, and that faraway look overcame his features again. “Ah... you were a sight that day,” he said fondly. “What was that village’s name? Hallington’s Meadow, wasn’t it? My men attacked, and you came storming from that tavern with a rusted sword doubtless filched from a pauper’s crypt. You roared like a lion as you attacked, you in those stinking tattered rags with that ridiculous bushy beard. You were so far drunk you could barely stand straight, yet you slew five of my best men before they could restrain you.”

Blackbourne’s words evoked distinct memories. The thrill of battle, the obscenely satisfying pleasure of gutting men that meant to kill you. The rage that had all but consumed him, until he had nothing left but the undying will to survive.

“With your skill, I knew you were no common farmer with a lucky swing. You were obviously trained and trained well. Perhaps the most formidable man I have ever seen. Do you recall what I asked you as my men pinned you with blades tickling your throat red?”

Derek recalled. He took a long draught of wine, his expression darkening.

“I asked you what had brought an exceptional warrior to such a sorry state,” said Blackbourne, watching Derek acutely. “Remember the answer you gave? I do. A woman, you said.”

Derek grew very still, his dark stare fixed on the table.

“Is this she?” inquired Blackbourne, nodding his head towards Elspeth.

When Derek didn’t stir or answer, the king smiled. “Allow me to guess,” Blackbourne murmured. “The young Lady gave her favor to a forbidden young suitor, and then shunned him when he was no longer convenient to her purpose? Hm? A story oft told.”

It wasn’t like that. Not completely. It was … complex. There was more ... But Derek couldn’t find his tongue or muster the strength to refute Blackbourne now.

“She is that lady no longer, my knight,” Blackbourne said, a quiet intensity in his voice. “No longer that lying, deceitful woman who used you as a passing fancy, then washed her hands of you. Her hauteur has been whipped from her in my slave camps. Do not let the past manipulations of this weak creature continue to chain you. Day in and day out, I see your misery. Any other man in your place would have asked for a lordship by now. Lands, a castle, fortunes, a Lady wife. With as many lords as you have deposed for me, you could have your pick. But you ask for nothing. Nothing but your wage and your place in battle. It’s past time you free yourself from your suffering. Time you fully embrace my vision and view this creature precisely for what she is. Not a Lady blessed with blood more precious than you or I. Not a woman born with the divine right to rule or refuse such men as we. She is nothing more than a slave, my knight. As she was ever meant to be. A collection of pretty holes and slim hands to serve.”

With that hand on Elspeth’s hip, Blackbourne gave her a small push towards Derek, and the High King addressed her directly. “Crawl to my knight, kitten. Unlace his breeches, take his cock in that lovely little mouth, and drain him of his concerns. I see he still doubts me.”

Derek’s chair scraped as he started to stand. “That won’t be necessary, Your Gr-”

Sit. Down.”

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away ... Alternate Star Wars universe. The young daughter of the Sith Empress has fled the cruelty of her mother and defected to the Galactic Republic. Powerful in the Force like her mother, she is attending the Jedi academy for training at the same time as the spoiled son of a prominent Galactic Republic ruler, an arrogant boy who rivals her ability in the Force. The two meet during training, and a forbidden connection forms.

They had found several beautiful areas in their wanderings on Tython, and today they were at one. A small, crystal clear lake in the middle of thick forest.

Miel sat on her Padawan cloak, which was spread out on the brief sandy shore, book in her hands, her bare feet in the water, Galen’s bundle of discarded clothes propping her head. With their practice staves and Galen’s cloak fashioned into a makeshift awning above her, she could read comfortably in the shade. They had discovered quickly her fair skin easily burned if long in the sun.

Galen, on the other hand, had tanned brown as a root.

He was climbing out of the lake now, water running in rivulets around the hills and valleys of a exceedingly athletic young man, dripping from the bronzed skin, his thin dark undershorts clinging to every contour beneath his waistline.

He wiped at his eyes, which seemed even more startlingly crystal blue nowadays with the tan, and ran his hands through his hair, which had changed in the recent months, kept short and orderly now, with the telltale Padawan braid growing behind his right ear. He hated it and lamented the braid often, but it was an outward display of his attempts to be more disciplined in his studies, not least to mention the tradition centered around students rapidly approaching completion of their training.

He plopped down on Miel’s cloak beside her, leant forward, his arms on his knees, letting his breathing calm from the laps he had been taking in the lake. He gazed around slowly, feeling the water drip from him, simply letting himself soak in the surroundings for a time in comfortable silence. The peace. The company beside him. The crisp pages of her books slowly turning. He lived for these days.

Yet of late, every day like this reminded him of how soon it could all end. Neither of them would be Padawans forever. Would she still come here to the lake after he had passed his tests, gained Knighthood, and left Tython to serve the Republic? Would she latch onto another?

He was attached to her. He knew it. A significant portion of his senior curriculum was devoted to methods of detaching oneself from emotions and others. More and more, Galen struggled with that thought. The distance that had occurred naturally with his friends had only accelerated recently. All of them were closing off, to the point where barely any of them would spare a moment to joke or small talk. All were slowly transitioning to the aloof warrior monks they would become, completely investing in the final stretches of training.

Miel had all but become the last person he could have a true conversation with. The best thing to do would be to follow suit with his former friends, to create distance and barriers with her. But there was no desire in him to do that. He tried not to think of the insurmountable barrier that would exist no more than a year from now. When she was still here, and he was up there, somewhere, enforcing peace across the galaxy.

He glanced down at her.

“Miel … Have you ever thought of running away?”

The moment the words were from his lips, he knew how stupid they sounded. He winced and shook his head. They had both basically ran away, hadn’t they?

“I mean… not like you did when you came here. But let’s pretend you aren’t who you are. That you didn’t know anything about the Empire or the Republic. That you didn’t need the Jedi for anything. If there was nothing to prove, nobody to keep yourself safe from. You were just some… I don’t know… some nobody out there in the galaxy. Some nobody with no expectations or prospects or family. No one plotting your every move, other than you.”

He leaned back now, on his elbows, his frame long, sunkissed, and rippled with young, relaxed muscle, his crystal blue eyes on the crystal lake.

“Would you still do this? Would you still have come here, to be a Jedi?”

He glanced over to her again, chewing on the side of his lip pensively.

An alternate U.S., not far into the future. Cities decay, and governments turn a blind eye, controlled by the criminal elite. As crime runs rampant and innocents suffer, a man loses his family to meaningless violence and leaves his wealthy, comfortable life behind to bring vigilante justice to the streets. He dons a mask and calls himself The Voice, speaking for the forgotten, the victims, those who’ve lost all hope. Others learn of his exploits and are inspired to join his crusade, one the formerly kept girl of his greatest nemesis, who’d been tortured and discarded like trash after a supposed betrayal.

Hank woke slowly. Groggy. Cotton in his mouth, lead in his limbs. The window was dark. The settled kind of dark, well beyond sunset. He cracked an eye toward the alarm clock on his bedside.

The red, blocky lines blinked 11:34 P.M.

Shit. Late for work.

He levered himself up, wincing at the many aches and pains in his body. A full day later, and he still hurt all over. The previous night had been an unholy trial. A dull, routine patrol had transformed into open warfare in the matter of seconds. Muzzle flashes, the sharp twang of gun-smoke searing his nostrils, the cries of pain in the gloom. The frantic chase through half-lit streets and alleyways, the fight that had ended on dirty pavement – two grown men doing their best to kill one another with their bare hands once the bullets had ran out.

Only one had stood when it was over.

He took the box of smokes off the nightstand and pumped them against his palm. Raked out one of the tiny white sticks and stuck it between his lips. A flick of his lighter later, and he was puffing away, wisps of grey curling lazily towards the cracked window in his room. He’d never had the urge to touch a cigarette in forty years of living. It was a stupid habit, really. The crutch for nervous, antsy people that couldn’t handle their stress. Lung cancer waiting to happen. Now that he expected to die any given night, he found he no longer cared.

He smoked.

Pinching the cig in his lips, he heaved himself up with a low groan and limped across his shitty apartment to the bathroom. Head tipped back for a long leak that miraculously wasn’t infused with blood from bruised kidneys. Sighing in relief, expelled smoke drifting. A check in the mirror on the way out revealed he looked as bad as he felt. He badly needed a shave. His ice blue eyes sunken and dark. His choppy pale blonde hair standing up in many places. Flecks of blood and dirt were crusted on his cheek. Bruise after bruise on his body, dried cuts and scrapes, scratch marks. Not even remembering when or where he had acquired them. Well. Most of them.

She was still there in his bed, tangled in the sheets. He pulled his pants on and just stood there a minute or two, shirtless. Casually smoking. Watching her sleep. Appreciating the curves the sheets poorly hid. As well as those revealed.

Fucking her was like what Hank imagined drowning a cat would be like. All claws and teeth, bucking writhing rage, a fight for life to hold her down until it was done. She’d wanted it to hurt. She’d made it hurt. The fresh, burning scratchmarks in his flesh testament to that. The purplish bites on his shoulder and neck. The fresh ache in his genitals, like a strained muscle.

Now she looked like a peaceful kitten, curled and content. He had no business being with her. A woman half his age, the former fuck toy of his enemy, as many screws loose as him. A ticking time-bomb if he ever had seen one. But she made him feel something. For the first time, in a long time. Something other than hate and fury and loss. That was worth keeping her. Wasn’t it?

He sat on the edge of the bed, reaching down for his socks and boots, pulling them on quietly. Thinking of the men who had viciously taught her that pain was pleasure, until it was all she knew. How they had hurt her. Scarred her, inside and out, and dumped her for dead. Thinking of how many of those men he had killed, and how many were left. Too many. Of both.

Hearing a soft murmur behind him. His name posed as a sleepy question.

He stubbed the cigarette out, blew smoke, and glanced over his shoulder.

“Didn’t mean to wake you,” he said quietly, half turning, sifting fingers soothingly through her hair. “Go back to sleep, baby. Not even midnight yet.”

He leant, kissing her brow.

“See you at dawn.”

Then pulling away from her drowsy protests, standing.

Reaching for the glock and the mask on his nightstand.

A selfish, bumbling wizard’s apprentice accidentally inflicts himself with a curse that may well mean the end of the world (and most importantly, him) if he doesn’t stop it in time. As he begins his quest to defeat the curse, a mysterious rogue confronts him and, on a whim, decides to come along to help … or maybe just to watch?

Xavros’ mouth flattened into a thin line. Wonderful. This was just what he needed. Some wench that was apparently friendly enough with the local menfolk to recognize their horses on sight. She could have been bluffing, of course. The names she uttered sounded familiar, but that didn’t particularly mean anything. Many names could sound familiar. He idly wondered what his chances were of bashing her between the eyes with his staff before she could raise some kind of alarm with a shrill bout of womanly screeching. It would be his luck that he’d miss, she’d still scream, and before the night was done, a village mob would be gelding a suspected rapist. Breckenridge had little love for him. Either that, or she’d wipe the floor with his arse. She was obviously a tricksy sort. And THEN she may still set a village mob on him.

So... what to do? What to do ...

“Alright,” he confessed in a mutter. “I’m stealing the horse. The bastard Maron wouldn’t sell me one.”

“But I have just cause! Hear me out!” he added quickly, raising a conciliatory hand. Then he thought hard. What might she believe? Some selfless quest to save innocents? Well. That was partly true, but he was far from selfless. Some high-flown errand? Important supplies that had to be somewhere as soon as possible? Would anyone in this abysmal town believe he was doing anything for anyone else out of the kindness of his heart? Hah. Wasn’t much chance of that. Even if it wasn’t Xavros they were talking about, those kind of heroics only happened in fairy tales.

He hesitated.

Then, his posture changed, as did his expression. Suddenly, he looked a deal more candid than he had a moment ago, his features sharpening, the false prattling mask evaporating like smoke. A scowl shadowed his dark grey eyes that looked black in the dim stable interior.

“The truth is,” he said harshly, “there is an object beyond Aetolia that I need, or I and many other hapless people will perish. I am taking this horse because I despise this town and everyone in it, and I would like to arrive at my destination faster than walking would carry me. If you would hear more, I am afraid that is all I can divulge.”

He gave her a mock smile and snapped his fingers. Above his palm, a small flame flickered to life, hovering there in the air without a visible source of fuel, casting his gaunt visage into half darkness.

“Wizard’s business, you see.”

Last edited:
Role-Player Compatibility Quiz
Instructions:
Please choose the answer that most closely matches yours. Meant to be taken super seriously.
1. Roleplaying __________
(a) should be treated like a job. Show up and regularly participate, rain or shine. Expect good days and bad. Each reply is an obligation to be met, regardless of fun factor.
(b) should be treated like a fun extra credit group art project. You enjoy contributing as long as the group is giving equal effort and it doesn't interfere with other assignments, but will bow out if you stop having fun. You don't need the extra credit.
(c) should relieve stress, not increase stress.
(d) should prioritize enjoyment for all participants.
(e) Answers (c) and (d).
(f) None of these.
2. Your writing partner hasn't replied to your favorite roleplay or to OOC comments in over a day. You see your writing partner has constantly been online in that time. You __________
(a) reveal you know where your writing partner lives.
(b) create an alternate account to try to see if your writing partner is ignoring you.
(c) wait several days, then ask if your writing partner is still interested in the roleplay.
(d) exit the roleplay. Clearly your writing partner doesn't want to write with you.
(e) ask your writing partner hourly when the reply is coming. Your writing partner clearly is forgetting that you are waiting for a reply.
3. A pivotal scene is approaching in your favorite roleplay. You have been eagerly waiting the entire story to see a particular outcome unfold. You __________
(a) are a roleplaying purist and don't want to influence your writing partner's reply, so you wait and see what your partner delivers. You'll be disappointed if the scene doesn't end the way you want and may lose interest in continuing the story after.
(b) explain the upcoming scene to your writing partner in vivid detail, describing what you want to see from all characters moment by moment until the scene completes, and what you expect your writing partner to write. There should be no surprises in this pivotal scene.
(c) write the scene yourself, including parts that require controlling your writing partner's character. Forgiveness is better than permission. The scene is too important to leave to your partner's imagination.
(d) tell your partner how you would like the scene to end and agree on a general way to get there without compromising organic character agency or micro-managing details.
(e) None of these.
4. You are a princess of a fairy tale land. An evil warlord has just slain your beloved royal parents, your betrothed, half the court … well, almost everyone, really. Everyone you know is dead, okay? Except for you. That night, the greedy warlord enters your chambers where you are held captive. Naturally, you __________
(a) express humble gratitude that your wardrobe was left unscathed. You so dearly love wearing pretty things.
(b) can't wait until your hunky conqueror shows you that big bulge behind the loin cloth.
(c) tearfully vow to hate the man forever and deny him with your entire being until your dying breath.
(d) do your best to murder him the moment you see him. You'll not stop trying until you succeed or die.
(e) Answers (a) and (b).
(f) Answers (a) and (c).
(g) Answers (c) and (d).
5. It has been six and a half days since you have replied to a roleplay. You plan to __________
(a) acknowledge the delay to your writing partner, give an expectation of when you can reply next, and strive to meet the expectation.
(b) blame your muse. The muse just won't cooperate. The delay isn't your fault. It's that damned muse. If only. Sigh. Well, maybe one day you'll find the will to reply again.
(c) get really mad and never reply again if your writing partner says one word about it. Your partner should feel blessed that you reply at all.
(d) insist to your writing partner that you will reply very soon. And keep insisting a reply is coming each week until your writing partner gets tired of asking about it.
(e) say nothing, and hope your writing partner gets the hint that you are no longer interested and never contacts you again.
(f) respond to the Kill/Fuck/Marry forum game thread, spend some time in the forum chat with random chatters, and browse Instagram after. You haven't even noticed it has been six and a half days since replying to the roleplay.
6. You are a participant in the Quad-Wizard tournament at a quirky school of wizardry. Your task is to defeat the vicious Horny Toad to advance to the next round. You pull out your trusty __________
(a) magical chastity belt and lure the Horny Toad into a clever thirst trap. He'll get tired before you do.
(b) flame launcher and make some Horny Toast.
(c) pillow and just lay down to die. You hate fighting and violence. =(
(d) spellbook and conjure a magical pillar of ice just in time for the Horny Toad to get his sticky tongue stuck to the frost.
7. Your writing partner has just delivered a reply that ruins a favorite roleplay for you. You __________
(a) exit the roleplay without comment and ignore any further messages from your former partner.
(b) express your issue with the reply and ask if your writing partner would be willing to re-write.
(c) have your character commit seppuku in your next reply.
(d) ask if your writing partner is suffering from brain damage.
(e) telegraph your crushing disappointment with passive aggressive hinting until your partner gets the hint, apologizes, and offers to redo the scene.
8. Your love interest is an evil space wizard and ruler of an authoritarian empire. He has just slain the biggest threat in the galaxy to save your life, and now asks you to join him. You _________
(a) say yes. You always wanted a throne, and it's way past time people did what you say.
(b) are interested, but ultimately your allegiance is to the old hermit who taught you a couple of things, who also has a suspiciously strong right hand. The hermit has lived alone quite a while, you see.
(c) try to subdue your love interest. There can be only one galactic ruler, and it's going to be you.
(d) say yes, but secretly plan to guide your love interest to the side of righteousness with The Power of Love.
9. After reviewing your writing partner's latest post in your favorite roleplay, you realize your reply is very short in comparison. You __________
(a) send what you have to keep the story going, content with your contribution.
(b) send what you have to keep the story going, but apologize for sending such a short reply.
(c) fret over not sending a more substantial reply and spend a couple of extra days trying to think of more to send, but end up sending the original reply in frustration.
(d) re-state each paragraph of your partner's reply from the perspective of your character, adding your character's thoughts sentence by sentence, then add your original reply to the bottom and hit send.
(e) None of these.
10. Your ideal roleplay plotline __________
(a) involves your character getting stuck in the washing machine while your character's love interest … helps … your character out.
(b) is an epic journey from A to B, full of adventure, danger, and romance.
(c) is a grounded, slice-of-life story exploring relatively mundane relationship drama between characters.
(d) is a cat-and-mouse psychological game exploring dynamics of power, control, and desire.
(e) involves large quantities of physical pain.
(f) includes a combination of the other answers.
(g) None of these.

Last edited:
Images that could inspire stories.

a29bed308f03a078f3a2320ccc2da47d.jpg
d11821e449eb34b6d9526113c646993e.jpg
17fa85a0e1e986cdb8ab8a383e98a719.jpg

311538ff8894ba85363ebaac5787dec8.jpg
a900e4f316c95cd02a2a5470155630c8.jpg
4d3aea75ea63e615d77b492c1500e103.jpg

fe13401353dee1996dde53abcbc5bf18.jpg
a425e4fc3bf166cda4e3b1620f8ecfd8.jpg
b033576684eb796cf0661eb421fdecfb.jpg

64d9f363ffc4533c11fbf4a3f07b471c.jpg
b73cf7f6e13abfba2734f139ea57eb53.jpg
13d45564069faa02b6aacb25baaffe58.jpg

(I claim ownership of none of these images. If any of these verifiably belong to you, and you wish me to note credit or remove the image altogether, please reach out, and I will be happy to do so.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom