Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Stargazing [Week2 Day 1-2]

LeaT

Supernova
Who: Lea Robinson
Where: Drake Jupiter
Relevant: @captain_bond as Nate
When: Early Afternoon

Lea had very mixed feeling as she walked up to the Drake Jupiter with an overnight bag and her telescope over her shoulder. She was very excited about the prospect of finding supplies, or even survivors from the crash of the Resolute. But she was remembering her last time at the Drake Jupiter, the sex ed class, and especially how she had treated Nate. She had yet to apologize, though she knew she would need to, especially now. It was her father that had the idea to head up to higher ground to be able to see more of the sky, thus increase the chances of success. But he had also insisted she have someone that could protect her. She had immediately thought of Jason, but he had disappeared and left without her. So her father had arranged for Nate to be her 'guard' which was awkward but necessary.

Her face was already blushing as she saw Nate. "Hi" she said simply with a shrug of her shoulders as she adjusted her belongings. Nate was supposed to have some shelter and other supplies for them, she hoped he could carry it all because she wasn't sure she could make the climb with much more than she already had. "You ready?" She asked, knowing she had to be ready by the time it got dark.

Who: Nate Drake
Relevant: @LeaT as Lea, mentioning @Colonel_Liam as Theo

Nate had actually volunteered to accompany Lea to make sure she was okay during the stargazing trip, but he'd told no one except Charles that he was volunteering. The Robinson patriarch had strangely been somewhat of a shut-in the first week but he was here now, so Nate didn't really care. He had more important things to worry about anyway, more immediate things, but he'd be sure to keep an eye on the man and make sure he wasn't up to something. When Lea approached, Nate was actually busy fashioning a sort of makeshift harness to Artemis, who dutifully stood still during the process. He was very intelligent, it turned out, and decidedly male according to Theo. Attached to the complex web of paracord were two backpacks with additional supplies and a pair of bedrolls were strapped to the top. The whole setup was very similar to a pair of saddlebags on an old-fashioned beast of burden. The bedrolls would provide them with a bit of extra cushioning when they slept, or did anything else with the sleeping bags which were strapped to either side of his own backpack, inside which was a shelter and the rest of his gear.

"Hey, Lea. Look, before we get started, I wanna say something. I shouldn't have said those things, or tried to kiss you, not in front of all those people anyway. And I definitely shouldn't have tried to kiss you at all, at least not without you being okay with it. It was wrong of me and I hope you'll forgive me." Artemis, with the act of securing the additional supplies complete, walked over and said hi to Lea, licking her hand with his serpentine tongue. His scales, which seemed black at first, actually had a strange quality: they softly shimmered, depending on how the light hit them, and could appear as most colors of the spectrum. But upon closer examination by Theo, it appeared that Artemis could consciously mask this effect, presumably when hunting or threatened. Nate himself wore a loose-fitting dark green windbreaker, black cargo pants, and combat boots, a black sleeveless shirt completing the look. Warmer clothes were in his bags if needs be. His rifle was slung on one shoulder, and he had a leg holster with his handgun secured within.

The pack animal was largely obscured by the load Nate was attaching to it. Her head cocked slightly sideways as she pondered what it could be, having seen her father's bot of similar proportions, but she thought that was still one of her daddy's many secrets. But it had a decidedly non-machine quality to it, but she was soon distracted by Nate's apology. "It's ok Nate, I was very...stressed." She told him, holding back that it was less the attempted kiss and more his effort to help her undress that had put her over the edge. The older boy was obviously interested in her and now they would be alone through the night. She doubted he would try to force himself upon her but she really didn't know him all that well. He was 3 years older so she had seem him around the school rooms growing up but had never been in a one on one situation with him. He wasn't a bad looking boy, perhaps a bit regimented for her tastes, but maybe that was the soldiering image he was trying to project. Lea was more of a free spirit, or at least in her own image of herself at least, the reality falling far short.

She felt the strange tongue on her hand and recoiled in terror as she saw the snout of the very much not a dog creature whom Nate had apparently befriended. "What is that?" She said, instinctively moving to place Nate between her and the creature, pressing close to him as if for protection. Nate's pack kept her curves from pressing into his back but she was quite close with one hand reaching out to grab his bicep and pull herself close to him. She might have protested about this thing going with them, but she wasn't at all interested in having to carry the extra supplies on the beast's back herself. "Is it...safe?" She asked, not sure if she trusted Nate's judgement on such things.

Relevant: @LeaT as Lea

"Oh, I am so sorry!", Nate said, although he definitely didn't mind the closeness. "Where are my manners? This is Artemis. Apparently, judging by the carvings we found at some nearby ruins, the people who were here before us kept them as companions. He's very safe, he's been by my side for the better part of a week, when he wasn't off doing his own thing. But he always came back. He's kept a respectable distance, almost as if he's aware that he'll take some getting used to. He's very intuitive. And given the first time we met, he's very protective when he needs to be, but he recognizes when you mean no harm."

If Nate was able to hear her thoughts, he'd tell her he never intended to force himself upon her or anyone else. That just simply wasn't in his nature. As it happened, he thought of her response to his apology, and got the idea that there was something she wasn't telling him. But he wasn't gonna push her. "I don't think we've come up with a name for his species yet, but he's definitely the most complex life-form we've been able to properly study, but of course he's our friend, not our guinea pig." Nate scritched Artemis behind the ears, and the sort of rumbling hiss that came from the creature's throat was definitely one of contentment.

Lea listened to Nate's introduction of his new alien friend but it did little to alleviate her nervousness. It all seemed a little too convenient for her but biology was one of her weaker science skills, though that was just a relative weakness. On the whole, she had enough skill to dissect Nate's little friend but that would do little to tell her just how dangerous it might be to her. Animals could be unpredictable so even domesticated dogs and horses (yes there were a few packed away on the Resolute but she doubted any survived) made her nervous. She much preferred artificials, you could at least call up their subroutines and look for anomalies. But her laziness won over her anxiety and she decided that as long as the creature could pull its weight, and of course much of hers, she wasn't going to make any more of a fuss than she already had.

Lea of course couldn't hear Nate's thoughts but she could at least take his apology at face value. She only hoped that his qualifier about not having done it in front of all those people meant he had some kind of license when they were alone together all night. "I guess if you trust him, I should to." She said in a not particularly convincing tone.

She pulled out a data pad, her fingers gliding quickly over the surface and she looked up the slope behind the Drake jupiter. "We better get moving, see that point right there." She stood close next to him and used the full length of her arm to point out the rise where she wanted to set up her telescope. It would give her the best view of what she and her father thought would be the debris field from the wreck of the Resolute. "We should try to get there before nightfall, so I have the whole darkness to study the field then report back." She told him as she checked her stuff one last time and prepared to lead the way.

She was dressed for a hike with good boots and socks, hiking shorts which left most of her legs bare but gave enough room for her to move freely. She had a sports bra on top, with several layers of t-shirt and long sleeve shirt on top.

Where: Hiking to the Hilltop

"Sounds good." Nate adjusted his pack and slid his rifle off his shoulders into his hands, holding it in a neutral pose. While Artemis was more or less king of the jungle (or rather his species was, it seemed), one could never be too careful in an alien environment.

As Lea led the way, he noticed her bare legs and the way she moved. Does she even realize how attractive she is?, he thought to himself as he briefly admired her before refocusing on the task at hand. As they walked, he took off his windbreaker and stuffed it in his pack, so his bare arms, with all their muscles, were on full display. "So. The scholar and the soldier," he said, although he wasn't really sure where he was going with that. But a thought struck him. She prided herself on her success in school, right? So when his mom framed the whole sex ed thing as a class, being there with the Mercer twins, in particular, must have felt like she needed to take remedial classes or something, a prospect that probably would have had her ready to explode.

Clearing his throat, he said, "So, uhh...that breeding protocol thing...kinda messed up huh?" The way he brought it up might have been random, but it was an elephant in everyone's proverbial room, and to ignore it was beyond ridiculous. Best to address it sooner rather than later. "I mean, they could've at least made it so that rape isn't part of it. If anyone so much as lays a finger on my sister without her say so..." The way he held his rifle finished the thought fairly clearly. "Her girlfriend, too. Shit, if I see anyone raping someone they're gonna have a serious problem on their hands: me." Artemis seemed to understand, and swished his tail in an agitated sort of way.

Last edited:

She paused and looked back at Nate, taking the short break to take off her long sleeve shirt and stash it into her bag. She was tired and a little winded, but gave a bit of a frown when Nate looked very at ease. Her eyes were drawn to his arms, he was quite physically fit. "I think of myself as more of a scientist than a scholar, but I suppose I still have lots to learn about a great many things." She crouched down as Artemis approached, getting a bit more relaxed with the alien dog as she thought of him as he seemed well behaved. Sex was of course one of the things she was thinking about as well. She had felt quite remedial in that last lesson and she had taken it out on Nate. "Your mom's class helped remind me of that. I'm sorry I took it out on you." She said as she gave Artemis a scratch behind the ears as she had seen Nate do before.

She was about to continue as Nate asked about the breeding protocol. She blushed visibly and turned to continue hiking up the hill as if she was going to ignore his question. But after a few steps she sighed and began to answer. "Yea it's messed up, but in a way I understand it. I mean it is genetics, we need to have a good gene pool." She stumbled a little when he mentioned rape as if she had lost her concentration. "I don't know that any of us has any say so really. I mean you could...you know...just tell me and I'd have to do...it." She kept walking, not wanting to turn to face him for this conversation. But then she laughed and said. "Of course I could do the same and you couldn't refuse either, would that be rape?" She asked as if it were suddenly just a theoretical mind game. But as Nate got more agitated she paused and looked back. "I think you are upsetting your dog." She was a bit worried about Nate's temper, sure it was protective but there was lots of room for anger here and she didn't really like guns.

Where: Hiking to the Hilltop

"Oh, yeah, sorry." Nate relaxed, and thinking better of holding his weapon he slung it on his back. Artemis, too, seemed to relax as well. "I suppose I'd just rather be with a willing partner, you know? It's not just about having a good gene pool. It's about what sort of society we'll be forming. And thank you for the apology. I really do think you're pretty great, by the way." Thinking of what she said, he grinned at her and asked, "Why, are you thinking of telling me to 'do it', as you say? Cause, well, let's just say it wouldn't be rape." As he increased his pace to pass her, he playfully nudged her in her ribs. The way she looked in her sports bra was also pretty incredible. This girl is the full package, I swear, he thought to himself.

"So, when we get to the hilltop, is there anything I can do? Perhaps I can try and help you. I can try and man the telescope for you, or you can focus fully on that while I note down locations, positions, trajectories. I don't wanna just be a meat slab, y'know?" The smile he gave Lea was bright and cheerful. How am I gonna tell her how much I'd love to give her all the private instruction she'd ever want or need?

Last edited:

Lea shrugged her shoulders regarding the willing partner thing, the little girl in her wanting to play out that fantasy but the scientist in her facing the problems of it as well. You didn't always get what you want. She was a dutiful girl, at least she had been with school. She didn't mind sex, she just didn't like being so 'behind the curve' on a subject. She hated exposing her ignorance on any subject, especially now that sex was the center of conversation and she felt like she was the most ignorant person on the planet on that subject. She blushed at his compliment, in a way it made her feel more awkward as she just didn't really know what to say. She wasn't all that comfortable with boys, having been a late bloomer, she hadn't really had much experience dealing with them. Then to suddenly be in a situation where sex was not only on the table, it was the main course it seemed.

Her blush turned downright crimson when he questioned her about telling him to just 'do it'. She smiled awkwardly at that, "It was kind of a rhetorical statement, I didn't mean it. I mean, well heck I don't know what I mean anymore." She was grateful to have the change of subject about what they were going to do when they got to their destination. "I'll need your help, but not with notes..." She paused, not wanting to suggest he wasn't smart enough to make the proper notations, even if he very well wasn't. "I think you can man the telescope, you know what we are looking for right?" She asked, figuring he knew what a supply crate of a life pod looked like as well as she did. "We will need to observe anything for a few moments, follow its path and I'll make the calculations on where it is headed and if we can save it. Probably not that different than aiming a rifle, except the distances are a lot greater."

As they reached their point, Lea got quite bossy. "This goes there!" She barked orders like a drill sargeant, now back in her own element. "Not like that, this!" She would do her best to conceal her surprise that not everyone knew how to set up a telescope. "Wait for the sun to set completely then look right above where it set, not a moment early or it could blind you." She cautioned him, a hint of genuine concern in her voice. "The closer to the sun something valuable is, the sooner we will need to chase after it before it gets roasted." She kept the cover on the outer lens, just in case Nate got over anxious. "When ready, just look for small flashes of light at first, they will be in a decaying orbit and the glinting reflections will be erratic." She was obviously excited, intensely so, she was quite passionate about her work in most cases and rarely had it been as critical as this situation.

Where: Hill Overlooking the Colony

Nate dutifully followed Lea's instructions once they got to the hilltop; the telescope was actually very similar to some of the military spotting scopes from Earth he'd read about, so it wasn't too difficult for him to help her set it up. Once they were set up, he said, "You know...I think I actually might have a way to help. When we escaped the Endeavour, I had our Jupiter record its last known location. Granted, it might not do much good, but it could be a good place to start?" He pulled out his handheld and uplinked it to the computer onboard the Jupiter, and found the file that showed where the Endeavour exploded. "There, see? Now if we can just find it in the sky here..." He seemed excited about this, but most of it was because he got to do it with Lea, alone.

Last edited:

Seeing that Nate was doing what she considered an adequate job of setting up the telescope, she began doing calculations on a handheld, her dexterous fingers a blur at times as she updated her calculations then paused to consider the results. She looked annoyed at Nate as he interrupted her concentration to talk about where the Endeavor exploded. She sighed after listening to his suggestion. "Thank you." She said in a tone that didn't sound particularly appreciative. "The point where the Endeavor exploded is already below the horizon, we won't be able to see that spot until just before the sun rises again." Her voice sounding like an adult explaining something to a child even as she looked up at the slightly older and very much larger soldier. "But it is unlikely there is much of anything still there, after all everything is moving a thousands of meters per second. What we are looking for now is anything that managed to approximate some kind of orbital path around this sun."

"Now why don't you let me do the thinking and you just follow order huh?" She turned her handheld screen to him. "Now set the scope to these coordinates and tell me what you see." She waited for him to get it set as she instructed then leaned in close behind him. "You want to sweep the sky just above the horizon there, quickly now and tell me when you see anything, anything at all that looks like it might be useful to us." She said expectantly, and now that she was done calculating she had time to look at Nate as he focused on searching the sky. She looked at him more closely than she had dared when he wasn't so distracted. He was powerfully built, she figured she had brains enough for both of them, so she admired his brawn while he was otherwise distracted. "I wouldn't stray much more than 5 degrees in either direction." She suggested as she had a silly grin on her face as she stared at his ass.

When: Early to Late Afternoon/Early Evening

The almost condescending tone that Lea adopted was wholly unnecessary. "I was just trying to offer a starting point," he said in response, his tone clearly indicating how he felt. But he otherwise listened to her instructions (he was loath to call them 'orders') and aimed the telescope at the point she indicated. "Yep, looks like some supply pods survived the explosion. Also seeing a Jupiter or two, although they don't look functional. Still, we might be able to salvage them if we can find a suitable craft that survived the explosion." He noted their positions on his own handheld, before continuing to speak while he was still looking through the telescope. "I did some calculations of my own, actually, although I needed the computer's help. We can't all be as perfect as you." His smile was charming as he turned around and quipped, "Were you checking out my ass? Anyway, like I said, I took the inventory of the Endeavour, ran a computer simulation of its destruction, factored that into a program that estimated the likelihood of various items to have survived both the initial explosion, based on the simulation of it, as well as their journey through the system, then of course, extrapolated possible trajectories. It's all probability and computer models, but they might be at least good enough for you to build upon. I'm really trying to be more than just a jarhead, and I wish people would see that. Especially you."

He sighed and went back to the telescope. "Any idea when we'll be able to check out the debris field, exactly? Also, how many Earth hours are in a day here? I've disabled timekeeping on all my devices, seems we're all too preoccupied with Neolithic plots to claim dominion over breeding rights, rather than actually getting this colony up and running. One of the first things we should've done when we landed is figure out how long a day is here." He was aware he was rambling, which he did when he was both anxious and nervous, and both seemed to be the case: anxious because of all the crazy shit going on, nervous because he was alone with his crush. After all, as soldierly as he was, he was still only 19.

Last edited:

"Whatever." She replied, not eager to trust the validity of his survivability and trejectory programs of a man who couldn't adjust his clock for the current length of daylight on their new home. But she did emphatically deny checking out his ass, despite the fact that she was caught red handed doing just that. Her blush would give her away but she would still deny it.

"About 3 hours." She said with a shrug as they worked together to map out a debris field until she was convinced they had the full measure of it. It only took about 20 minutes to map the field so they had well over 2 hours until they needed to get setup for the sunrise mission. She was far too keyed up to try and sleep and even if she weren't they would need to scout the sky every half hour or so just in case there were any surprises.

"So what should we do until then?" She asked, her eyes taking a quick roam over his solid frame. He was cute after all, and he had been quite the physical specimen back in school, still was really. She had just been a flat chested nerd girl back then and she doubted he had even noticed her. But many of the girls her age had fantasized about him back then. Maybe not the Mercer twins, she didn't think they fantasized, they actually did it, even with older boys. She was tempted to ask him about it, but instead just shivered a little as the night air became cooler.

When: Early to Late Afternoon/Early Evening

Nate wondered what she was thinking, and was definitely savvy enough to see through her denial of checking out his ass. "Three hours, eh? I wonder what we could do in that time. Do we have something that will beep at us if something with a working transponder passes through the view of the telescope?" Shrugging, he peered through the viewfinder, before lapsing into a thoughtful silence, most of the thoughts involving some fantasy or other with Lea.

Nate's thoughts returned to the present when she asked about what they should do until then, and the way she shivered prompted him to pull a blanket from his pack and put it around the both of them, rather conspicuously putting his arm around her in the process. "I dunno, but I know I'm too excited to sleep." He sat there with her for a few moments, then said, "There's something I've been meaning to tell you. I've always thought you were, well, cute, but in a good way. I was tempted to ask you out so many times back on the Endeavour." He rubbed the back of his neck and a blush crept up his cheeks. "I dunno, I'm probably just talking crazy," he said with a nervous chuckle.

Last edited:
When: Evening

"I wouldn't count on the transponders, we should take a look every 30 minutes or so." She said, initiating a timer for just that on her pad. It was just enough to keep them busy but not entertained. She had no idea she was the source of any fantasy on his part, she was so used to living in the shadow of her more outgoing and flirty classmates. "I think I'd be afraid to go back into space. What about you?" She asked, feeling they had already found enough to warrant someone having to go and try to get it. She could help with the science, but it was all too risky from her point of view.

She melted almost naturally into him, craving the warmth of his body and even though no one was around, the modesty of the blanket. "Are you teasing me?" She asked as he confessed his interest in her. She wanted to believe him, to think she was desirable to a strong male like him. To be honest, she hadn't thought that much about him back on the Endeavor, but with having to be protected and kept warm among other things, her interests were changing.

"It's all crazy now, you know?" She said, as she thought about everything that was expected of them. She had been practically programmed to avoid a pre-marital pregnancy and now it was practically expected of her. She was no longer a virgin, but she was hardly an experienced lover. "Have you...you know, done it already?" She asked, her cheeks blushing fully now.

Relevant:
@LeaT as Lea

"I'd love to go back up there. Being in space is just so...cool. I'll take lots of pictures for you, don't you worry." Nate gave Lea a warm smile when she asked him about teasing her. "No, I'm completely serious, Lea Robinson. Sometimes, the pretty people actually do fall for the nerds." He gave her a kiss on her cheek if she'd allow him. When she spoke about how crazy it was, he was about to agree when she asked her question. "Uh, yes, I have actually. And in all honesty, I've thought about, um, well, passing my experience on to someone special. Someone I've had my eye on for a while now." The way he was looking at her, practically primed to lean in and kiss her, left little doubt as to who he was talking about. "Of course...it's not just about simply passing my experience on. No, it's also about using my experience to make the encounter memorable. Special."

Last edited:

"I think I've had enough of space for a while." She said, trembling a little at the memory of the Endeavor's destruction and her family's narrow escape. She was smart enough to know the odds against her being here right now.

She laughed and turned to him. "Are you the 'pretty people'?" She giggled again at his phrase. Turning as he leaned in so his kiss would land on her cheek. She blushed as he grew more serious, squirming a little with both embarrassment and a growing warmth between her legs. She was torn between teasing him further and encouraging him to say more about how he felt about her.

"Well I like to think I'm a pretty good student." She said, sounding more approachable and much less bossy. "You have a lesson for me?" She asked, tilting her head inquisitively but her lips poised for kissing if he were so inclined.

"I have lots of lessons for you, Lea," Nate whispered, and leaned in to say, "I want to teach you how much I like your brilliant mind." He kissed her on the forehead when he said this. "I want to teach you about how I could get lost in those eyes for hours," he continued, kissing her lightly at the very corners of each one. "I want to teach you about your adorable little nose," he said next, realizing it was corny as hell but not caring as he gently kissed the tip of it. "But most of all, I want to teach you about how much I respect, admire, like, and want you," he said, leaning back down to kiss her on her lips at long last.

Last edited:

"Well I'm a quick learner." She said, as if challenging him as a teacher. "Are you mocking me?" She asked, suddenly defensive. Her eyes closed as he went to kiss them, she squirmed a little, not used to such attention. It wasn't bad, in fact she kind of liked the older boy's attention, but she was still nervous. She could feel her heart pounding in her chest. With all the corny attention and her eyes still closed, she was a little surprised when she felt his lips upon hers. But after a brief delay, she kissed him back.

Under the blanket she was a bit more bold. The whole breeding program had her super curious about sex, but far less serious about becoming someone's girlfriend. She found his knee with one hand and followed it upward until she was caressing the outline of his manhood through his pants. She hoped he would teach her more than just kissing, though he did seem a good kisser.

The sharp intake of breath that issued from Nate's mouth when Lea caressed his cock through his pants was followed by a soft moan. Finally taking a short break from kissing her, he said, "You are a fast learner." Eager to respond in kind, he slowly ran a hand up her arm, before lightly stroking one of her breasts through the fabric of her top. "The most important lesson is to relax when you're having sex. Let your body do whatever it may do in response to someone's touch or other stimulation, and don't try to fight it. And most importantly, communicate. If something hurts or doesn't feel as good, and your partner continues to do it, don't be afraid to tell them as much. Now, would you like me to show you something I can do, something that, unless you're interested in women as well as men, is mainly for your edification?"

Nate would then take the blanket off of them both, spread it out on the ground beneath them, and lay Lea atop it, before slowly taking her shoes off, and just running his hands along her legs and waist, skilfully popping a button off of her bottoms but not much more than that for the moment.

Last edited:

The kissing was nice, she hadn't done much kissing before landing on this rock but she was getting more opportunity. She wasn't fully sure she was doing it right so she tended to follow her partner's lead. She beamed when he agreed she was a fast learner, she had always been something of a teacher's pet. The kissing had made her warm between her slender thighs and his hand exploring her breast was making her feel downright wet. Even through her top she could feel her nipples harden against her sports bra. "Oh yea?" She asked though her tone sounded absent minded as if she were already preoccupied with the feel of the older boy's hands touching her body. She was anything but relaxed but she was trying to calm herself down at least.

"That feels good." She admitted as she tried to encourage his exploration of her sensitive breasts. Her hands continued to stroke his member and his muscular chest, teasing his nipples as a hint. She giggled at his question. "My edification?" She repeated the word, wondering if they had the same understanding of it. "That sounds a lot more lofty than what I think we are about to do." She said, but not saying no to his idea, but he would need to encourage her a bit rather than just take charge.

"Yes, your edification," Nate answered. "And let's see how lofty things get, hmm?" He slid his hands back up, away from her waist and gently pulled up her sports bra, exposing her breasts to the night air as he took a moment to admire them. If Lea's hand was still on his crotch, she'd feel how his cock jumped at the sight. "Hmm, you become more and more enticing by the second, Lea," he said as he leaned in to wrap his lips around one of her nipples and suck on it, his hand rolling the other one in his thumb and forefinger. Releasing the nipple with a soft 'pop', he looked at her and smiled as he pulled her shorts and underwear (if she was wearing any) down and off her legs, before sweeping his gaze down below her waist.

Back
Top Bottom