Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fx Any ๐’ฎ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“‡๐“‡๐“Ž-โ„ฐ๐“Ž๐‘’๐’น โ„ฐ๐“‚๐“…๐‘œ๐“‡๐’พ๐“Š๐“‚ โ€” Miss Stellaโ€™s OC Request Thread!

Miss Stella

Between Stars?
Who is Miss Stella?

Basic Information

Hello hello! I'm Stella โ€” or, at the least, that's what I'll be going by here! You're free to call me any variation on that, or just about any nickname if you're charming enough about it; I'm not exactly picky, so just about anything goes! I'm a twenty-seven year old woman based in the US Central time zone, in Texas if we're being a little more specific. I'm bisexual with a bit of a lean toward women, but variety is the spice of life, isn't it?

I'm a longtime hobbyist writer and recent roleplaying fan โ€” while I've been writing on my own since about middle school, inspired by fantasy books and anime and manga, I only really dove into RP when the pandemic hit and I found myself craving social interaction. As such, I know I don't have the experience a great many here do, but I'd at least like to think my writing is up to par for most!

About Writing

As of right now, my schedule is pretty open; unfortunately, it's difficult to say this won't change for any remotely lengthy period of time. Even with my open schedule, my writing muse, as they say, is a little fickle; there are days where all I want to do is write and I can crank out page after page, and there are days where I struggle to get a single paragraph out. All in all, that means I can't really promise a posting schedule, unfortunately. I can, however, promise effort and thought will be put into my posts when I make them! I'll do my best to keep you up with my plans and availability and communicate what they mean for our RP, and I don't mind being poked if I take a while.

Style and Preferences

A lot of this boils down to "I'm quite flexible!", so if you skim it you'll likely get the gist! That said, I'd still appreciate if you read through it, because style does still matter a lot to me, mm?

I tend to roleplay in third-person past-tense, but more out of convention than a particular desire to do so myself. When writing on my own, I've written all manner of pieces, from that same third person past to second person present, even the occasional bit of future tense. With that in mind, I'm particular about what I use when; while I don't mind third-person past or present tense in general RP, other styles need a little more convincing. They'd need to fit the artistic mood of the RP scenario and the types of emotions, feelings, and immersion we'd like to accomplish therein; in general, if you can't tell me why they'd fit what we want to do in particular, we should probably stick to the tried-and-true standard.

In terms of length, my posts can vary wildly. Part of this is the aforementioned varied energy for writing; more of it is my preference to write to what properly fills the scene. What this means is if you give me a lot to respond to, I'll respond back with a lot! That said, I'd definitely appreciate some flexibility, especially when it comes to dialogue-heavy scenes. I'm always happy to put out at least a couple of paragraphs, but I don't think every post needs to be a novella. Posts heavy in interaction โ€” which, likely, will be most of them โ€” don't often need to be multi-page monsters. But. If I'm really uniquelyexcited about what we're writing, you'll get a lot when our characters are apart. And if your posts just trend shorter, that's probably fine! As long as you're giving me something to work with and writing more than just a few sentences, I don't mind shorter post lengths, either.

And, finally, the elephant in the room โ€” grammar. I'm by no means a stickler for rules; some of the best writing eschews conventions with surgical intent. I do need to see competence and effort, though. Repeated, frequent typos or grammatical errors really take me out of a scene. While I understand that we're not all perfectly adept with language and spelling, if it looks like you're not trying or you're just not terribly fluent, I'll probably lose interest. I don't mean to be elitist, but I am just a hair selective.

But however could I catch her eye?

While I may dabble in other things, my primary focus is on story-driven plays with a focus on characters and the dynamic interplay and relationships between them. Don't get me wrong โ€” I'd like all of my plays to involve teasing and tension and smut, but I nearly always want these elements to be a secondary focus to the plot and characterization. An interesting character dynamic will absolutely carry any play for me, far beyond any plot or worldbuilding or raunchy, filthy sex. Make our characters fun! Make me care about them and what happens to them. Make me want to see them succeed! Make me want to see them struggle. Make me wonder. All of that, hell, half of that and you'll make me wet. Hopefully, you're a creative individual capable of building something together: putting our heads to work, bouncing ideas off each other and brainstorming something much better than either of our ideas alone.

Favored Settings
  • Fantasy โ€” obviously, this refers to a wide range of settings, but the most ideal for me are brighter than they are dark and dreary. This is where interesting worldbuilding goes a long way, whether it serves to press the characters into more tense situations or just provide a backdrop of intrigue for us to immerse ourselves in.
  • Spacefaring Sci-fi โ€” alien planets, interstellar cruisersโ€ฆ I'm admittedly a bit picky about alien races, especially those less humanoid. I have a particular penchant for life on spaceships and space stations and all the strain and boredom that entails, whether they be research vessels or military patrols. There's a lot to love here!
  • Cyberpunk โ€” an intriguing setting from the ground up, isn't it? Rife with conspiracy and rivalry, a veritable breeding ground for tension and conflict.
  • Mecha โ€” I may be a bit of a nerd for this one, I admit, butโ€ฆ fuck it, robots are cool. Pilots are hot. Rivalries and enemies are hot. There's plenty of room here for action and intrigue, and I don't really get to write this kind of thing often. Setups in this vein that focus on at least a dash of worldbuilding will likely have me jumping to write!
Disfavored Settings
  • Realistic Slice-of-Life โ€” while I love to play out more mundane aspects of other settings, most things that could happen in reality aren't going to be of much interest to me. Interesting character dynamics trump all, as always, but it may be difficult to sell them in this sort of milieu!
  • Post-Apocalyptic โ€” particularly of the grimy and dirty variety; the aesthetic is just a turn-off.
Character Interests

As the thread's location and tags imply, I'm interested in writing women; this includes both cisgender and transgender women, in case you're looking for a little something extra. (I don't care for the term "futa", ubiquitous as it is โ€” you're welcome to use it for your own characters, though โ€” and slurs like "shemale" are right out. Please don't use them with me.

I myself am rampantly bisexual, with a bit of a lean toward women; characters of all genders are welcome to apply within, just as the tag implies. I am certainly more interested in those of a feminine persuasion, but far from exclusively! I will say I'm not all that interested in overly masculine body types โ€” the kind of thing you see in comic books with chests the size of an eighteen-wheeler and shoulders too broad to fit through the average door. For that matter, overexaggerated body types to the point of hyper proportions are a turn-off in all gender presentations.

I'm very interested in LGBT themes and adjacent concepts โ€” crossdressing disguises, gender-bending characters, bisexual polyamory, the list goes on. This is, again, by no means necessary, but a nice dash of spice if you'd like to add it! I'm as happy to play against transgender and nonbinary characters as I am to play them myself.

Pairing Concepts

I'll be adding a lot more depth to this section in time, with plot concepts and some of my turn-ons to come. For now, assume I'm into most things โ€” outside of filth and misogyny.
  • Princess & Knight
  • Mage & Protector
  • Rival Criminals
  • Criminal & Bounty Hunter
  • Spaceship/Station Crewmates
  • Mecha Pilot & Mechanic
  • Rival/Enemy Mecha Pilots
This is, of course, very much incomplete for now; keep an eye out if you'd like and expect more to come in the next few days! In the meantime, if what you'd like to see interests you and you'd like to throw me some ideas, please do reach out! I hope to hear from some of you soon. โค๏ธ

Back
Top Bottom