Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

It Happened in Westbrook Group RP Interest check

I'm looking for fans of superheroes ready to put their capes on!

All heroes must be either non-canon or OC from a canon universe. No Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern, etc. Ad infinitum. Please. Your characters can have similar powers, but canNOT be the canon character.

You're in a small city in the Midwest, and either in high school or college, when a bright pinkish purple flash in the sky catches your eye as you're relaxing outside. The next day is Monday.

High Schoolers: The day starts out routine enough, until around noon (good time for either lunch or exercise), one of your classmates (Windy MacEnroe, a redhead pixie cut teen, one of MCs) starts gulping down food, and racing to the counter for seconds, thirds and even fourths. All nearly so fast you can't follow her (49, 804 mph will do that).

At Westbrook PD, You just got your coffee, when you notice the youngest detective, Erin Holmes (MC), a brunette 24 year old, trying to calm down a belligerent perp her and her team just busted (crime TBD), when she suddenly seems to be spouting out laws and bylaws off the top of her head, that could only be achieved by years of study. Like decades of research and study. You know Erin. She's more Nancy Drew than Sherlock Holmes, and now she's sounding like a seasoned lawyer?! You never knew her to be that smart or law savvy, before today!

College: You're a member of a fratority (frat and sorority combined) and the head sister (MC, Ginger Aylesworth, 19, strawberry blonde) has called for a meeting. There's a thief in the house and she wants them caught. During the meeting, it's revealed that it was an ex-pledge, which causes her to loose her powers she didn't even know she had, of telekinesis.

This is the limit of how many heroes/villains you can have, three, but not the limit of places you can manifest your powers. I have one more character, non powered as you have met my three superpowered people.

TV Station: Star reporter, Sapphire "Scoops" Davenport (20, 'dirty' blonde) is probably the most no-nonsense reporter in your studio. She is also the biggest bulldog in the fight, once she gets her teeth in a story... She doesn't let go until she gets to the root of it. Are you in this setting and one of the superpowered people? Will you be able to avoid her questions if she suspects you?

There's plenty of other places you could work, but these are the ones with my characters. If you want to be a part of the "super" movement, please let me know here. All welcome, and remember. Maximum three supers per person, so if you want to play more, fill out the cast with regulars.

Last edited:
Like I said very plausible, I tagged you in character sheet, and you'll have a chance to see the other characters.

I noticed and I will rewrite Su-Ji's background and have a character profile up sometime today.

What is the estimated time for starting the story?

I would like to throw my hat in the ring with a brawler named Crow who instantly gains genius level intellect, on-demand knowledge of every martial art known to man, and a gauntlet.

Kind of like a mix of Green Lantern's ring manifesting all sorts of Batman-style gadgets, or perhaps allowing her to fly.

8372ecd915325966175ea2f7c0021410--cosplay-costumes-cyberpunk.jpg

Hi Velociraptor! Long time no see! Please check for the character sheet and place her there? It should still be on the first page of Character Sheets! I just bumped it today for MsBloom :heart:

I'm the GM and if you've read through, you know we could definitely use at least one high schooler and you're allowed three supers, but as many non-supers as you think you can play. I'll let the others answer for themselves.

A former player and I didn't get along, but that's no longer an issue it seems. I'll probably run one high schooler, one college kid and an older adult. Which one should I begin with?

The older adult will most likely be in law enforcement or perhaps even the military, and I'm thinking of giving him indestructible skin a la Luke Cage.

That's a good question. I'll try to get a reply up on the actual roleplay tomorrow morning, which ironically will be a Tuesday in the roleplay, as well. I would guess, high school, so MC Windy could get some good natured teasing about being a famous heroine, although she really didn't do anything outstanding. Except get captured creating a whirlwind.

Check out what has already happened in the actual roleplay "It Happened in Westbrook" in groups, and get a feel for all the characters. :)

Dunno how I'm planning to distribute these powers amongst my characters, but I'm thinking of incorporating technokinesis (ability to control and manipulate all forms of technology, from lightbulbs all the way up to supercomputers), super strength, flight, invisibility and field projection (think Sue Storm from Fantastic Four), and I think that's it? Lol.

Also, I'm thinking of having my guys use the powers for good yet relatively mundane things at first. For example, some nerdier girl in college dude or high school guy's class might be being cyber-bullied by an unknown person, and the one with technokinesis could figure out who it is and have the bully expelled or what have you. Or a jock might've stolen something from another bully victim and the invisibility is used to determine where it is and retrieve it (i.e. jock brags in the locker room about where it is and then super goes and sneaks it out of said place). Basically, using extraordinary powers to solve relatively mundane problems. But first they gotta learn to control them, I wager.

Sounds good, think about the details overnight, and then put them in the Character Sheet section before introducing them in the roleplay. Like I said, I won't be answering until tomorrow, also, you're pretty much in, so you can move to the OOC section now, and introduce yourself. :D

We kind of already have one like that, a baddie, played by yours truly.
Yes, I saw that when I read through the IC thread...hmm, gonna have to give this some thought and try to avoid making characters with powers that deliberately counter the established villains/antiheroes...

Bump, continue to search for talents and commitment. Easy to follow story and plot, Midwest vibe, fun interactive players, and SUPERHEROES! Grab your cape and sign up for free! No experience, necessary.

Back
Top Bottom