Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

DarkMinds' - The Typewriter Journal

DarkMinds

Dark and Sadistic
WELCOME to The Typewriter Journal!

This is a thread where I post my own original content and writing samples.

giphy.gif

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

Writing Sample #1:
The Kriegsmann
(WWII/Historical)

Writing Sample #2:
The Canvas Killer
(Modern/Criminal Fiction)

Writing Sample #3:
The Kingdom of Fire
(Viking Age/Historical)

See below~

Last edited:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
WRITING SAMPLE #1
TITLE: The Kriegsmann
PERSPECTIVE: First person
CHARACTER: Male, main character
SETTING: World War II
GENRE: Historical sci-fi
SAMPLE TYPE: Excerpt from an RP

848157efef589843017d74ab4551f5d6516834cf.gif

Cold blue eyes stared deeply at the aluminum glass before me. I barely recognized the man in the mirror without the reflection of my most notorious mask. The Kriegsmann had consumed me; so much so that it felt I wore the uniform more than my own skin; like I was more a uniform than I was a man. With a still expression, I leaned my head to the right and lifted my chiseled chin. Bringing my calloused fingers to my left cheek, I ran my fingers in unison over the forming scar. It was still a tender wound despite being numb to the touch. It appeared mostly healed, but it was fresh. Wincing at the feel of the braised skin, my right eye twitched in a silent aggravation. Closing my eyes, I allowed the darkness to transgress me back to the moment it all occurred.

[ * * * ]​

It was an ambush. I was surrounded. There was no where for me to go but out the window. However, even that option was skewed by a resistance fighter with both feet planted just a foot from the sill. Their forces were far more numerous and strategic than anyone had anticipated, and they had me pinned to a corner.

They opened fired. There was smoke. There was gunpowder. But there was no avail.

I stood there like statue - seemingly calm in my demeanor as bullets tore through my black, undecorated uniform. Although steel ammunition unloaded into my chest, back, and arms, nothing seemed to affect me. With arms and hands raised to protect my face, the moment the gunfire ceased, I slowly lowered their position. The men gawked in awe, truly flabbergasted by the sheer invincibility that had long been rumored. One single fighter, in fear and in rage, pulled out a pistol and pointed it to my head. Taking several fatal steps forward, and with just meters between us, he pulled the trigger.

BANG. BANG. BANG!

Three fatal shots, but the bullets met my hand, not my skull. Catching the metal in my palm, I whipped them to the side and sent the shriveled pieces cascading over the war-torn wooden floors. In that moment, I lunged forward, grabbing the man straight by his neck and snapping as easily as I would a twig. The gesture unleashed a domino effect of men leaping to defend their comrade. But he was dead. Dead the second before he even hit the floor. None were a match for my speed, the sheer power of my swift movements leaving all of them dead or severely wounded.

Seconds --- That was all it took for me to take the lives of a dozen men.

Then it struck. A MK3 shock grenade set off right by my feet. The grenade was a low-impact explosive, known commonly for the concussion it supplies rather than the shrapnel. Intended to render me unconscious, the effort to blow my focus only hindered my concentration for a mere moment. But that moment was all one soldier needed. And in that split second of vulnerability, I felt - for the first time in weeks -
a true wince of pain. The blade lodged straight into the left of my jaw, tearing through the black fabric that shielded my entire face.

The enemy pulled the military knife from my cheek, victorious in his successful attack. But that victory shot-lived, lasting only the moment where his eyes looked to me. They lowered to the blade; pupils constricting as he realized the steel was bare. It was clean.

A wicked grin tugged at either corner of my lips before I said to him,
"Der Kriegsmann blutet nicht."

The Kriegsmann does not bleed.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
WRITING SAMPLE #2
TITLE: The Canvas Killer
PERSPECTIVE: Third person
CHARACTER: Male and female (mains)
SETTING: Modern, present time
GENRE: Criminal fiction

02-AA8016-C23-B-4-AE6-BC3-A-FE42-AA9-FBA3-E.gif

The blood had begun to pool underneath the bed. It had seeped through the sheets and mattress, soaking down to the hardwood of the bedroom.

There were two dead bodies.

Two dead bodies and a lot of markings.
Two dead bodies and a lot of questions.
Two dead bodies and a lot of red.
- - -
Police had long called in the efforts of the FBI, who had now garnered complete jurisdiction on any murders related to the Red Rum Homicides. The term had been coined off of Stephen King's The Shining, particularly the Stanley Kubrick film of the same name, for its notable violence and exasperating amount of red and bloodshed. The media, however, found solace in a different name. For the imagery found carved artistically in to the skin of the murderer's first victim, news reporters first branded the title after police found a woman decimated in her bathroom.

THE CANVAS KILLER.

Flashing lights reflected against the brick foundations of local neighboring homes. This scene was as equal and picturesque as the last. The Canvas Killer's work was becoming more and more refined, despite maintaining its gory backdrop. Like blood on a body and paint on a canvas - the gallery was stained in red.

The sound of several smacks and clicks depicted the arrival of back-up; the cavalry. Two men and a woman exited the Ford Interceptor after it pulled in to the driveway of the atrocity. With the high-profile nature of the case, police thoroughly signed as FBI investigators arrived to the scene. Detective Javier Rodriguez of the Fairmount Heights Police Department (FHPD) welcome two Special Agents to the scene.

"Special Agent Miles Davis." He greeted with a strong handshake, "Special Agent Olivia Parks."

"Detective." Olivia nodded to the officer, but her male counterpart and partner had no such reaction.

The door opened to the small Fairmount Heights home to a scene of law enforcement mayhem. Police officers and crime scene personnel scattered the entire house. Instantly, Special Agent Olivia Parks tensed as she watched people wander around. The sound of chatter was deafening, not for its volume but more in its sheer compilation. Parks knew undoubtedly that this would go south, her eyes trailing immediately to lock eyes with her partner, Detective Miles

"What... the..." The words left Agent Davis' lips faster than they could leave hers.

Agent Parks huffed a frustrated exhale, "It's like a zoo in here."

He scoffed in response, his brown eyes wandering over to all the individuals. "It's a god damn circus in here."

Pushing through the crowd, Agent Davis shoved past several officers to move up the stairwell. He came to find most of the attention centered around one room - the master bedroom. But he didn't need a map nor knowledge of the house to figure out the crime. He sighed in a grumble as he passed several FHPD blues. "Move." He demanded, although the words didn't need to leave his lips for people to notice his tall, looming stance.

People were afraid of Special Agent Miles Davis. It was evident not only by the speed of their movement as they shifted away, but also by the look on their faces as he came to face them. Walking in to the bedroom, his eyes fell to the carvings on the victim's chest and back. There were two of them; a post-mortem couple of sorts. "How romantic." Agent Davis said in full sarcasm as his black pupils continued to focus on their naked forms.

Special Agent Olivia Parks sighed again, "Another bloody scene." She acted disappointed, but not at all surprised.

He partner shared her same sentiments, though his disappointment was derived from the constant state of disarray of every crime scene we visited. "Killer is the name. Torture is the game..."

Agent Davis remained completely unaffected by the sight of all the blood. The bed wasn't the only furniture that had fallen victim to the color red. Blood splatter also stained the walls in thousands of varied spots and and trickles. Leaning his body in to get a better look, Davis' attempt was interrupted by a bright white light that blinded him. His head lifted to look at the forensic photographer that crouched in unison. He held the flash bulb above the body as he hung the Nikon camera over the female victim.

Agent Davis' tired eyes suddenly became alive as they burned with annoyance. He shifted my view over to the photographer, who began to flash photos with every click of the camera's trigger. The night was warm for the New Year, causing beads of sweat to form underneath the full-body suit intended to protect him, and the crime scene. The sweat began to protrude from the edge of the cap that lined his head. It bubbled at the bridge of his nose, causing his glasses to begin to slip.

The FBI agent stood back as he glared at the photographer so definitively in his way. Agent Parks lifted her finger as if to introduce the beginning of a statement, but Agent Davis rose his own hand to cut her off. Her brow lifted as she looked to her partner curiously. Despite not knowing his exact intentions in this moment, she quietly anticipated something imminent and bad was about to happen.

And it would.

The glasses on the photographer finally gave way, sliding off the tip of the man's nose and falling straight on to the victim's massacred body. The lens landed flat in to the engraving of the woman's carved flesh. Blood instantly soaked the glasses, leaving the photographer completely stunned as he realized his fatal mistake. His nervous eyes lifted to look at Special Agent Miles Davis. And although his vision was meager without the aid of his spectacles, he didn't need to see with clarity to know the infuriated expression on the investigator's face.

"Get... out." The grisliness in Agent Davis' voice was enough to bring the whole chaos of the room to a halt. The photographer apologized profusely but it was already too late. Two cops plucked him from the crime scene like feathers from a chicken, abandoning his glasses altogether in the flesh of the open wound.

In the midst of all this insanity... there were only three things for certain in situation:

One, Fairmount Heights had a serial killer;
Two, this was now a contaminated crime scene; and
Three,
the theme of this theatre of murder was the color red.

WRITING SAMPLE #3

TITLE: A Kingdom of Fire
PERSPECTIVE: First person
CHARACTER: Female main character
SETTING: Viking Age (Scotland)
GENRE: Historical, epic battle

tumblr-pkhcofs-DNy1txsq03o9-540.gif
A blazing fire ravaged the Viking encampment and forest it sheltered. Hordes of horsemen bearing Saxon and Albingia crests and flags swarmed the Heathen Army, vastly outnumbering the Norsemen by at least double their own men. It was fact, however, that these Northern invaders would surely secure their defenses; and hold their ground they did. They pushed back and pushed through, slaughtering Saxon after Saxon, and coming to heads with Celt after Celt as the Scottish defenders challenged their Vikings and shieldmaidens with matching ferocity.

Vikings were heathens; barbarians. But once upon a time, the Celtic clans shared that same title; those same names.

The world was changing day-by-day, but one factor remained constant --- chaos and war.

fiadh.png

The footsteps of a steed called to me like a wolf to the moon in the dead of night. My eyes narrowed as a Viking warrior approached, galloping with a fury to meet me in battle. Despite the distance between us, we stared into each other's eyes but for not a moment, and it was decided. We would surely duel, and I was going to be damned if I didn't win.

"DORAN!" I called to my nearby comrade, who slashed and slaughtered a-many Vikings in this war and the last. He cracked his axe over the head of a Norsemen before hearing my call. "AIRBORNE!" I shouted to him. He looked to me with a nod and dropped instantly to his knees. I ran towards him taking valiant steps until I met his shield, held over his head in defense, and jumped. With both feet stomping his wooden armor, Doran lifted with all of his force and launched my small figure into the air.

"Ahhhhhhh-gggrr!" An indomitable scream escaped my lips as my body hailed from the sky. My descent was met with the Viking's body as I knocked him right off his trotting horse. The two of us were sent plundering to the ground, hitting it hard as we landed and rolled. I was quick to return to my feet, looking to him with fire for hair and fury for eyes. I tasted blood and now I wanted it; needed it more.

As I sprung forward, I was caught in a trap; another Viking pinning the end of my cape under his boot in an attempt to stop me. He was fast, but I was faster. As his axe swung down to split my head, but my sword rose to his hand. In a swoosh, the axe fell to the ground before it met my face; with it falling the Northman's hand. He screamed in agony, but it was too late for him, for he had challenged Fiadh; and now he would perish. "Meet my blade and you shall die, heathen!"

Without skipping a beat, the sword that swiped for his hand came down in the same motion, slicing my crimson cloak in two and shortening it to my waist. I turned around in a swift twirl, bringing my blade to his throat and ending him. That same upward sway carried me to the next as I twisted my hips around to face the steed-mounted Viking in my path. I did not hesitate, as I hadn't before and wouldn't now. Lunging forward, both of us in unison, the strength of our efforts were rewarded by the loud sound of clashing blades. My sword met his, colliding as did our bodies, fixed to one-another as we came chest-to-chest and face-to-face.

I held strong despite my significantly inferior frame, pushing firmly and heartily as our blades locked. The dazzling greens of my eyes still glimmered beneath furrowed brows; brilliant and beautiful despite the tension in my face and the frown that I graced. With a heave, my body faltered and I was shoved to the ground; my petite form betraying me as I buckled under the weight of his strong body. Still, I retaliated quickly, grabbing for the axe of the man I had murdered to strengthen my fight. In a blink, I launched the axe towards my battler, missing his head by only a wisp and instead, struck the forehead of another Norseman behind him. He fell dead, raising my body count on this battlefield alone to 13.

We both tried to slash and stab but neither of us successful; our speed and opponent predictions were both at par, making it difficult to attack without meeting a defence. My only chance at victory was to catch this Viking by surprise.

Suddenly, I dropped completely to the ground, slamming my back against the dirt as I heaved my boot up to his hand. In a hard strike, I kicked the weapon right out of his palm and swung my own for his legs. Before my blade could meet his heathen flesh, I was stopped. Not by my conscious but by an eternal force as an airborne axe struck my sword by the hilt and shattered it. I gasped silently as the blade snapped in two pieces. I found myself left with nothing but the handle of my sword, on my knees at the mercy of a worthy, but enemy opponent.

I felt the force of hands on my body but I didn't falter. Fighting still, I wrapped my legs around his own and captured his left calf between my thighs. By hauling my hips and twisting, I pulled his body down by forcing a bend in his knee. I coiled my body in my effort to subdue him, bringing him down to the ground beside me. We rolled about in our weaponless wrestle, bathing in mud and contempt as we tried and tried again for victory. Suddenly, though, I found myself beneath this man, pinned to the dirt as I stared into his determined, Norseman eyes.

Peering into his deep blue irises, I didn't see the savagery and bloodthirst I believed I would. In that heated, heavy-breathed moment - just seconds away from possible death - I saw something I didn't expect to see. It was staring back at me like a reflection in a mirror.

I saw... me.

Back
Top Bottom