Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mx Any Looking to create an adventure with someone!

Please let me know which post you are referencing if you reach out to me! That way I know which gender character I'll be playing.

Hello all! I'm stuck in the brambles, but you can call me Bram or any other sort of nickname you'd like! I've been writing for years and roleplaying on and off throughout those years. I do best with 1x1 RP, and am still new to forum RP and public RP in general, so please bear with me through that. Most commonly, I write fantasy and science fiction, but I'm open to branching out to other sorts of genres as well. My roleplaying is very heavily character-based, with plots coming from the characters, so if you're looking to pour love and attention into a set of characters and put them through the wringer, I might be the writing partner for you!

I'm in Pacific time, but I don't mind someone with a vastly different time zone, as long as you're alright with our schedules not always lining up!

If you're interested in any of the ideas I have below, please PM me! I've moved all of my existing OCs to a different thread here.

DISCLAIMER: When I say "I write a lot of LGBT+ characters," I mean that my characters are all almost exclusively some flavor of queer. I don't write cishet characters. I say in a few places on this post that I don't have a gender preference for potential romantic pairings, but to be more clear: even in a MxF pairing, the character I write will be queer. Either trans/non-binary, or bisexual, or aspec. If that is an issue, this is not the thread for you. I don't care if you write a cishet character, but they (and you!) have to be okay with my character being queer.
  • One note on this disclaimer: I love love love platonic pairings and platonic relationships, and would love to write any of my plot ideas centering around a platonic relationship or QPR.
Expectations:
  • POV and tense: I write exclusively in 3rd person prose when roleplaying, and I would prefer someone who does the same. Past vs. present tense is negotiable, but I'm used to past tense, so I apologize in advance if I slip into it on accident.
  • Length: I am not overly concerned about length; usually my own varies depending on the wants of my partners and the pacing of a given scene. For quicker scenes and dialogue-heavy ones, I prefer the range of 1-2 paragraphs, but openers/slower scenes can stretch for much longer posts. My main request is that each post gives the other person enough to respond to, and doesn't take over the narrative entirely unless it has been agreed upon beforehand.
  • Frequency: I'm not a stickler for frequency since life happens and writing is tougher some days than others. I try to do at least a few posts a week, but this frequency changes based on how busy I am, the average post length, and how many other roleplays I have going on. While I try for the ideal of "one post per day", there will be days where I just can't reply, and if we do long enough posts or life gets busy, it'll probably end up being more like a handful of posts per week. If something comes up for me and I go radio silent for longer than 3 days, feel free to poke me; sometimes I forget to say something, so it helps to have a reminder from time to time (this is why Discord is a lifesaver for me!). If you go a week without saying something, I'll probably message you. A month without saying something, I'll assume you've ghosted unless you say something beforehand. On that subject...
  • Ghosting: If you want to drop the RP, I would prefer you say something, but ghosting isn't the end of the world. Sometimes people just forget, and that's fine. If you come back after months wanting to pick it up, I'd probably be willing unless I completely lost interest in the story or characters (or if I'm too busy at that moment).
  • Grammar and Spelling: Please double-check your posts for typos and other such issues, but I'm not really bothered by occasional typos or points of confusion (that's what the edit button's for, after all!). However, I would like posts to be coherent and readable, and not be completely littered with misspellings and confusing wordings. I don't require writing samples, but if you would like to exchange them, please let me know.
  • Communication: I much prefer using Discord for OOC chat (not for roleplay), but I am also fine with doing OOC chat in conversations onsite as well! Just keep in mind that I tend to be slower with OOC responses on here, since the mobile version of the site doesn't really like my phone, so I usually have to be on a computer to do my replies. I prefer using conversations for roleplay as well, but I am also okay with doing it on a forum (but ONLY for completely smut-free roleplays!). Additionally, OOC chat is relatively important for me; I like to be able to gush about characters and plotlines together, and it helps me remain invested in the roleplay.
  • Other Guidelines: I write a lot of LGBT+ characters, so please be LGBT+ friendly. I would prefer that no central characters are homophobic, transphobic, etc. It would also be good to discuss possible triggering content that might come up and set boundaries for both of us. Additionally, I don't require faceclaims or picture references, a written description is fine. I don't write explicit smut unless we've been writing together for some time (flirting, innuendos, foreplay, and fade to black are all fine in the right context), and if I write it, I only do so in private conversations, not public threads. I also only write characters who are 18+, whether or not there is romance or smut involved, and I prefer main characters being 20+. Last but not least, of course, following all site rules is a given.
No-Go:
  • I don't mind violence, but I would prefer to avoid excessive descriptions of gory injuries, or any strong horror/terror elements.
  • I don't write grimdark; when I write, even if we're tackling darker themes, I prefer for there to be a strong undercurrent of optimism. RP is an escape for me, so I'd like for things to turn out well in the end.
  • No godmodding, and no taking over my character or dictating what they would say or do. If there's a power system involved in the world, we should discuss it beforehand or when possible issues come up. I'm fine with some pretty broken powers, but they would preferably be talked about.
  • No non-con "on screen"; it's okay if it's in a character backstory or alluded to happening "off screen", but I'm not willing to write it out. Dubious consent needs to be talked about and agreed upon before it happens. Some dub-con is less dubious than others.
  • Heavy depictions of mental illness. Again, it's okay as part of a backstory, but I don't have the emotional energy for it to be a big part of the narrative. As with above, no romanticizing.
  • No cannibalism (vampires drinking blood are fine, but I'm very squicked out by humanoids eating other humanoids), no incest, no necrophilia (meaning non-sentient undead or corpses), no pregnancy, no kinks involving bodily waste, no bestiality, no ageplay or pedophilia, nothing against site rules. If something comes up that I didn't think of here, I'll let you know. I would like for you to do the same.
  • For more details about kinks and limits, I would prefer to discuss them in a PM, but any of the above bullet points are absolute dealbreakers for me.
  • Genres I don't write: horror/terror, thriller, mystery, historical
Pairings/Dynamics:
No gender preferences, but I write a lot of LGBT+ characters, so that's likely to affect pairings. I'm alright with writing any combination of genders, though. If you would like to go with one of the pairings below and not one of my worked-out plots, please come to me with a more developed plot that you would like to try with the given dynamic, because it is difficult for me to write a plot with just a dynamic.
  • Mage x Warrior
  • Merperson x Human (or any land-dwelling fantasy person)
  • Royal/Noble x Knight
  • Court Sorcerer x Monarch/Knight
  • Pirate Captain x Tavern Owner
  • Demon x Angel, Demon x Human, Angel x Human
  • Enemies to Lovers
  • Friends to Lovers
  • Rivals (to Lovers?)
  • Platonic Partnerships (QPRs especially)
  • More..?
Plots:
For all of these plots, I am alright with either keeping things between characters platonic, or seeing if they have the chemistry for a romance. I do tend to write queer characters, so that might affect pairings; if you think you'd like romance to happen eventually, please let me know so that we can make sure our characters have compatible attractions. Some of these plot threads are more defined than others. All of them are malleable, but please don't contact me with a complete reversal or something totally unrecognizable from what it originally was.
  • An Unexpected Guest (closed, but willing to hear you out if you have more plot or character ideas): On the docks, there is a tavern known as a safe haven and neutral ground for people from all walks of life. The tavern keeper (my character), who lives on the second floor, is known for being strict but fair, with a soft spot for those down on their luck. Unbeknownst to most of his guests, the money he uses to keep his place in business comes not from a hefty inheritance, but funding from an infamous pirate captain (your character), who knows it's the only tavern where their crew can safely get a drink when they're in port. One night, after closing time, the tavern keeper hears pounding on the door. When he opens it, he finds the pirate captain, grievously injured and practically carried there by a few members of their crew. The tavern keeper takes them in and does his best to nurse them back to health. (This is mostly an inciting incident sort of thing; if you have any ideas for where the plot can go from there, I'd love to hear them. For example, if the person who wounded the captain is out for revenge and trying to track them down. Additionally, this plot can either be more like high fantasy, or more like fantasy without magic; it's up to you! I'd also love for this plot to involve either a romance or a strong platonic relationship)
  • The Struggle for the Throne (open): After the untimely death of the king and queen, the crown prince (my character) ascended to the throne, young and inexperienced with the responsibilities that came with ruling. His coronation was faced with resistance from the king's advisors and the nobility of the kingdom, who insisted he find a spouse before he took the throne and began hunting down suitors in order to keep him under their thumb. All of the suitors were chosen by the council or were part of the nobility, and were intended to keep the prince in line with the desires of the nobility and the old ways. I would like you to write one of the suitors, and we can figure out how things turn out together. This suitor can fall for the prince and decide to help him, or their relationship can be more complicated than that. (I would prefer not to write MxF for this plot) --> This one is a huge craving for me right now!
  • A Ghost in the Woods (open): In a village residing beside the forest which marks the border between the living and dead worlds, there lives a man haunted by the spirits of the dead (my character). Tired of his life being overtaken by the demands of these ghosts, he decides to seek out someone who can help him remove this curse permanently. However, the world is a dangerous place, and he has never left his home village. For this reason, he seeks out a mercenary (your character) who can protect him on his quest, and uses his life savings to pay them for the service. I imagine this mercenary would have a quest or mission of their own that they would like to complete, maybe something related to someone dead so that my character can help them with their mission? We can figure out details about this and the setting together.
  • Superhero Duo (open): a pair of superheroes who fight crime together (and are preferably close friends), but don't realize that their civilian identities know each other, too. Maybe they're roommates, maybe workplace rivals, maybe childhood friends! I'd like this one to be pretty lighthearted, and involve drama/plot from both their super lives and their civilian lives. We could come up with one central villain, or do more of a "villain/adventure of the week" format.
  • Royal/Noble Arranged Marriage (open): maybe it's for an alliance, maybe they've been betrothed to each other for their whole lives; any number of reasons would be interesting to explore! With regards to the alliance idea, I would love to combine it with one of the pairings I listed in the section above, such as merperson x human for an alliance between an underwater and a land kingdom, or mage x warrior for an alliance between a magic-based and warfaring nation!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom