Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

ᴡʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴍɪɴᴇ, ɪꜱ ᴍɪɴᴇ. {𝒮𝒶𝒷𝑒𝓇&𝒫𝒶𝓇𝒶𝓈𝒾𝓉𝑒-𝐸𝓋𝑒}

Saber

Saber of Rad
Staff member
Administrator
what'smineisminebanner2.gif
The Summer Solstice was as good a time as any to throw a party. The start of summer was something to celebrate after all and for more reasons than one. For Alex Hale, it was also to celebrate the success of her latest acquisition of the local hospital in Bellesburg. A moderately sized city nestled between mountain ranges where she'd settled down for the past four years after she had accrued a small fortune playing the stock market. Tech was something that would never go out of fashion. Her home, which was normally comfortably silent, was bustling with caterers and her house staff that were putting the finishing touches on cleaning, as well as the yard work. If there was one thing that Alex couldn't stand, it was disjointedness. Everything had its place and desired appearance. The landscaping was flawless and a speck of dust couldn't be found inside her house. Of course that would all change when her guests arrived.

As the sun was starting to set, Alex was standing in her bedroom, evaluating her outfit and whether or not she should change. It's not that she didn't like the suit, not at all. It was more so the fact that it could get ruined later into the night. But that was a concern for a later time. Right now, she could hear the first of her guests arriving, the revving engines of luxury vehicles and high end sports cars rolling up her half mile long driveway. Alex took one last look in the mirror, adjusting the white gold rings on her fingers before making her way down stairs to greet her friends.

Mingling was something she absolutely despised. In her twenty-seven years of life, she'd never found small talk enjoyable or easy for her. So after a couple hours of greeting and being a suitable hostess, she finally made her way to the bar that was set up near her pool to get a drink for herself. The party itself seemed to be going smoothly. Everyone was appearing to enjoy whatever company they were in, as well as the food that was being provided. Of course let's not forget the free flowing alcohol. Even Alex found herself relaxing now that she thought the last of her friends and acquaintances had arrived, at least, until she heard the roaring of a vehicle tearing up her driveway before screeching to a halt in front of her door. Alex recognized the car and she massaged her head gently before downing the scotch that had been sitting so neatly in her glass.

"And here I thought I was going to be later." Elise Ritmoore had indeed not been invited, but word traveled fast in Bellesburg, so Alex wasn't completely shocked that her ex would show up unannounced. "Thought you could keep this little soiree from me?" Alex felt the red head's manicured nails graze the back of her neck as she embraced her. Dark eyes rolled as she offered a half hearted reciprocation before pulling away, making sure to take a full step back.

"I must've forgotten to mail out your invite." A warm smile graced Alex's lips as she looked down at Elise. "I'm glad you made it regardless. It would've been strange not to have you show up." The sarcasms wasn't lost in her tone, but it still sounded sweet to the surrounding guests as Elise tilted her head and folded her arms under her bosom. "Please, enjoy yourself, I have some investors to speak to before they get too deep into their drinks."

It wasn't a complete lie, and it was believable as Alex smiled before walking past her ex-lover, not waiting for a response as she made her way back out towards the pool. The sky was shifting into deep oranges and pinks as the sun set below the trees of the massive forest that surrounded Alex's house. She inhaled deeply through her nose as she reveled in the summer warmth and stillness in the air, but soon her palette craved another drink and she would oblige happily. People were taking advantage of Alex's amenities and jumping in the pool eagerly to escape the humidity. Alex opted to take a seat at the bar as she ordered another scotch and observed the festivities. A few of her friends approached periodically. Introducing her to a friend of a friend, usually a gorgeous model or actress, or the occasional daughter of a mogul who wanted to get to talk "business".

Women like that had never interested the young woman. Glitz and glamour, while a part of her world now, didn't appeal to Alex like it did others. These women she didn't know, they always wanted something from her. Fame, money, or the right to say they had been bedded by Alex Hale, CEO of Bellesburg Medical Center and majority share holder of Zintech Software. As much as Alex enjoyed her lifestyle, she had no intention of sharing it with just anyone and she definitely was in no rush to find that someone.

Last edited:
8218e4efd602823a8683a62bcbfda1c36e5c8795.jpg
Savanna took a small step closer to the mirror, biting down on her bottom lip as she looked over the alluring yet modest dress she chose for her summer solstice. It was a white off-shoulder dress with a rather high slit that revealed her smooth ebony legs. Was it too much? Was this even appropriate for the summer solstice? She released her bottom lip and sighed heavily, turning away from the mirror to sift through some of the clothes that lay on her bed. Just as she picked up one of her blouses, she heard her cell phone ring. Savanna placed her blouse aside, swiftly grabbing her phone from the nightstand. Julie. Savanna smiled and quickly answered the phone, "Hey."

"Hey," chimed Julie, "I'm about 10 minutes away, so be ready!" Savanna glanced down at her alarm clock. It was 6:50 pm already. "Crap," she muttered. Time seemed to move far quicker outside of work. "Yea-yea, I'll be ready. See you soon," she hung up and placed her phone back onto the nightstand before turning to the mirror once more. She sighed, looking herself over as she glided her hands along the sides of her dress. This was gonna have to do, she thought. Savanna dropped her hands to her side and made her way to the closet, slipping her feet into some nude-colored heels before making her way to her vanity. She settled into her seat, applying some lip gloss and mascara, when she heard the car horn. Shit, she's here. Savanna rose from her vanity chair, grabbing her purse, phone, and keys before heading out of the room. "Coming, coming," she chimed as she grabbed her black leather jacket, and headed out the door.

The crisp night air gently blew against her face causing her to close her eyes and take a minute to enjoy the calming, silent night. Beep. She sighed and opened her eyes, glancing over at her friend, who eagerly motioned her to move along. Savanna rolled her eyes and smiled as she slipped into her jacket before pulling the straps of her purse onto her shoulder. "I thought you said you were 10 minutes away. Felt more like 5." She stated, getting into the car. Julie laughed and smiled, watching as Savanna buckled herself in. "I didn't want you coming up with some lame excuse, trying to back out. And don't say anything because you've done it on many occasions," She shifted the car in reverse.

"No fair. You know, work leaves me exhausted. Besides, You only invite me on your little outings because you need a designated driver." Just as Julie parted her lips to speak, Savanna lifted a finger causing her to sigh and pout. "Fine, you have a point there, but tonight... Tonight we're gonna have some fun, I promise"

whatsmineisminebanner2.gif

A faint gasp escaped her lips as they approached the elegant yet modern glass house. It looked so enchanting with the sun setting behind it. "This is where the party is?" she asked, glancing over at Julie. "It's my boss's place," she stated, smirking as she parked in an empty spot not too far from the house. "Not what you were expecting?"

Savanna laughed and nodded, turning her attention back to the house as she got out of the car."Definitely not what I was expecting." Her eyes shifted from the house to two giggling guests that were dressed in tight, skimpy clothing. Savanna bit her lip and glanced down at her attire. "Hey, Julie..." She glanced back up at the house before turning slightly to look upon Julie, who had slipped out of her coat, revealing her short tight, fitted dress, which left nothing to the imagination. "I thought we were celebrating the summer solstice..."

Julie smiled as she leaned in towards the side mirror, applying another layer of gloss to her lips before straightening up, "Yes, but we're also celebrating her latest investment in the Bellesburg Hospital, so the attire is kinda laid back." She pushed back her long, blond locks before turning to look over Savanna's attire. "Well, you definitely look like you're going to summer solstice... Or church," she laughed, walking past her
. "Just get rid of the jacket, it ruins the whole look."

Savanna glanced down at her jacket before looking over at Julie, watching as she laughed and embraced one of the guests with a tight hug. She sighed, slipping out of her jacket, and hugging it against herself as she approached the steps of the house. As soon as she entered the house she felt a nudge against her arm. Savanna turned slightly to find a beaming Julie.

"Now that's better. You still look like a churchgoer, but a sexy one," She stepped closer, tugging down the puffy sleeves a little more, "There." She smiled, brushing away some strands of hair away from her face before hooking her arm around Savanna's. "Come on, let's..."

"Julie!!"

Julie quickly turned away, slapping Savanna with her soft locks. "Elise!!!" She skipped towards the fiery-headed woman, embracing her with a tight hug, "Shit, I wasn't expecting to see you here." Elise rolled her eyes and waved off the comment, smirking as she eyed the brown-eyed woman, "Who's your friend?" Savanna straightened up a little at the acknowledgment, clutching her jacket a little tighter, giving her a slight smile as she gave the beautiful redhead a little wave. "Oh, shit. Yes." Julie turned her attention back to Savanna, "Elise, Savanna. Savanna, Elise." Savanna smiled and took a small step forward, holding out a hand, "It's a pleasure to meet you."

Elise glanced down at her hand and chuckled a little, "Mmmm... Anyway.." She looked at Julie, "I got some friends that would love to meet you." She glanced over at Savanna, "Mind if I steal her away for a few moments?"

Before she could answer, the two had already started walking away, disappearing into the crowd. She sighed and forced a little smile at some passing party-goers before looking at the empty spot where her friend was once standing. Well, if she was going to go off and have some fun, I guess I could have some fun of my own, she thought. Savanna took a couple of steps forward, looking around the crowded house, when she spotted a bar not too far from where she stood. She softly excused herself as she pushed her way through the crowd. When she finally caught sight of the bar she sighed in relief, pushing passed two people before approaching the bar. She sank down in one of the empty seats right next to Ms. Hale.

She smiled at Ms. Hale before glancing over at the approaching bartender, "What can I get you?"

"Coke, please."

The bartender smiled and gave her a wink, "Coming right up." Savanna nodded a little, giving him a slight smile before looking down. When her drink finally gave, she thanked him and lifted her glass a little, glancing over at Ms. Hale. "Um, to you... Hopefully, you are having a better night than me," she chuckled a little as she took a small sip.

Last edited:
People watching was one of Alex's favorite things to do, even at her own gatherings. She had thought that everyone that had been invited was in attendance, but when she saw a blonde walk in before her ex greeted her, Alex frowned slightly. It wasn't that likeable people couldn't be friends with Elise, it just didn't seem like the red head had kind friends. Although in all honestly, Alex hadn't met many of Elise's "close" friends and she had done that purposely while they were together. Her eyes did catch the other striking woman that had arrived with the blonde. Someone that Alex didn't recognize, which was saying something. She watched her carefully as the brown skinned woman made her way through the crowd and towards the bar. Alex averted her gaze then, before she could be caught staring and giving her full attention to the drink in her hand.

When the woman sat down next to her, she had to stop herself from glancing over. She brought her glass to her lips and took a sip of the amber liquid as it warmed her throat. Alex was a bit surprised when the woman addressed her and she turned slightly taking in the visage now that she was closer in proximity. Someone completely new, someone she hadn't seen before and by the look of her outfit, wasn't part of the normal crowd that circulated these types of parties. Her request for a coke confirmed it. Alex smirked a bit when the woman toasted her, and she raised her glass before she drank the rest of her scotch, gesturing to the bartender to give her another. Alex inhaled slowly, taking in the woman's scent and was entranced by the flowery, almost intoxicating aroma that was radiating from her.

This was strange. Most humans smelled similar in a way, take away the type of perfume or cologne one was wearing, they all had a natural default scent. This woman's scent was different. She carried the natural scent for a human, but there was more laced in that Alex had never experienced before. So much so, that she almost caught herself leaning closer to try and catch more of the rousing fragrance. When she caught herself, she cleared her throat as soon as the bar tender began to refill her glass.

"Thank you."
She nodded her head towards the woman and offered a smile. "And please, call me Alex." Alex tilted her head a bit as she turned to face the woman, resting her elbow on the bar. "Have we met before? I thought I personally knew everyone that had been invited, but perhaps a few plus ones have yet to be introduced to me." Alex extended her hand politely.
"May I have your name?"

Most women that Alex met weren't worth her time, in her own personal opinion. That didn't mean that they weren't kind or from a good family, it just meant that they weren't interesting enough for Alex to give any attention to. Not to mention that Elise was horribly jealous ever since they'd ended their relationship. Even though it was on her terms. But, there was something about this woman that Alex couldn't ignore, and she found herself wanting to get to know her better.

whatsmineisminebanner2.gif

Savanna could hear the screams and laughter of the ladies near the pool as the music bumped, shaking her to her core. She gave a slight smile to the bartender as she sank into one of the bar stools. "What can I get you," he asked, sliding a beer to an already drunk customer. Her smile widened a bit as she politely asked for a Coke. Just as the bartender nodded and turned away, Savanna sighed and glanced over her shoulder, hoping to catch a glimpse of her friend, but she was still nowhere to be found. So much for a girls' night out. "Your coke." She turned to find the bartender standing there with her drink. Savanna flashed a smile, "Thanks." She straightened up a little and reached for the glass, lightly tapping the side of it as she glanced over at the woman next to her, noticing the woman's gaze shifting towards her from time to time. She didn't know if she should be flattered or bothered, but she figured that it was best to keep her assumptions positive. She pursed her lips for a moment, finding herself deep in thought before a slight smile slowly crept onto her face as she lifted her glass, toasting to this stranger...Wishing... Hoping... That this woman's night was going as planned. She laughed a little as she studied the drink before her, hesitantly bringing it to her lips, taking a small sip.

She brushed away some strands of hair as she took a couple more sips before placing her glass down. She glanced over at the woman before turning her attention to the bartender, watching his movements as he worked on getting another drink for the woman next to her. She bit her lip, losing herself in thought as she traced her finger along the rim of the glass when she heard a voice.

"Thank you."

Savanna jumped a little as the voice pulled her from her thoughts. She tore her eyes away from the bartender, to glance over at the woman who sat next to her, "I'm sorry?"

"Thank you."

"And please, call me Alex."

Savanna gave the woman a slight smile, softly repeating her name under her breath. "Alex..." She shifted slightly, looking Alex over. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Alex, and don't mention it." She turned slightly to look out at the dancing crowd. "Someone's gotta have a good time tonight... Why not you?" she smiled a little more as she shrugged a little, taking yet another sip of her drink. Savanna glanced over at Alex, watching as she offered her hand and asked her name. Savanna tittered shyly as she placed her glass down, realizing that the woman, now known as Alex, had given Savanna her name, but she hadn't. "I'm sorry... How rude of me." She placed her hand in hers, shaking it a little. "I'm Savanna... I came with Julie. I believe she works for the host..." She laughed a little as pulled her hand back. "It's suppose to be a girls night out, but..."She shrugged a little, "I believe I was invited so that I could be her designated driver," she laughed a little more as she glanced over her shoulder, searching through the crowd for her friend. "She's here somewhere." She turned to look back at Alex.
"What about you... Are you friends with the host or something?"

Last edited:

Alex chuckled to herself when Savannah mentioned she should have a good time. It was clear to see that she didn't know who Alex was, which was kind of nice. Being known to the people around her made them think they could constantly approach her. Which, they technically could, but that didn't mean it was welcomed. As a host, Alex had to be amenable to her guests not matter what they wanted to talk about. She'd hoped getting drunk would keep her out of almost all of those conversations. Though talking with Savannah didn't seem to have an ulterior motive so far.

"Ah, then we haven't met." Alex tipped her glass towards the woman next to her. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Savannah." Ah, Julie, that made sense. As far as Alex remembered, Julie didn't have a significant other, or at least not one she could remember and she liked to have fun. When Savannah asked if she knew the host, she smirked as she sipped her drink. "I do actually. She seems a bit overbearing most times. A workaholic and antisocial." She finished her scotch with a satisfied sigh and turned to face Savannah properly.

The intoxicating aroma was heady and Alex tried to subtly take it in before without being noticed. She was being drawn to the woman and there was no real logical explanation for it. Everything about her was almost hypnotizing Alex and she was trying to figure out exactly what it was about Savannah that was so alluring. When she was about to engage in conversation once more, she felt a weight on her shoulders and a scent she recognized all too well.

"I've been looking for you." Elise mused as her hold on Alex tightened possessively. Her emerald gaze shifting to Savannah with a overly sweet smile. "Hello, I'm Elise. I noticed you earlier with Julie. Do you work at Alex's hospital as well?" Well there went the ruse. Alex cleared her throat as she shrugged her shoulders to release herself from Elise's hold.

"Do you need something from me, Elise?" Alex turned to face the red head with a questioning glare. "I was in the middle of a conversation with Savannah."

"Oh, I'm sorry to interrupt." Elise feigned her apology as she took a step back. "But I would like to speak to you, in private, if that's possible."

Alex massaged her forehead for a moment before sighing. It was possible that Elise did need to talk to her, but most likely it was a ploy to try and convince her that they should get back to together. Either way, she wasn't in the mood. This was her party after all, she really didn't need to do anything for anyone else. The sun had set now, and Alex was getting the itch to move her legs, possibly get away from the crowd.

"I'm sure whatever you have to talk about can wait until later." She glanced back at Savannah before standing and offering her hand. "Would you like to take a walk with me, Savannah? I can give you a tour of the house and the property, if you like." Alex hoped that this would be an out to the conversation with Elise, which she would pay for at a later date, but at least it wasn't tonight.

It wasn't the girls' night she was hoping for, but the night was slowly taking a turn for the better. Normally, she'd be stuck sitting in the corner or at the bar, observing the drunken crowd as she waited until Julie was ready to go home. But tonight was a little different. Even though she was still stuck at the bar waiting, she at least had some company for the time being. Her fingers lightly brushed along the glass as she smiled, silently admiring Alex. She was quite a beautiful woman and seemed like good company as well. "Ah, then we haven't met." Savanna laughed and shook her head a little as she straightened up. "No...No, we haven't met yet." She smiled, brushing some strands behind her ear before reaching for her glass, "But there's no time like now," she giggled nervously. Seriously Savanna, No time like now? You gotta do better than that.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Savannah."

Savannah smiled and tipped her glass as well, "It's a pleasure to meet you as well, Alex." She took a sip of her drink as Alex asked her about the guest she came with. She placed her glass down before turning slightly, searching the crowd for her friend as she told her about the failed girl's night. She bit her lip and furrowed her brows as she scanned the area. She just had to be here somewhere. She sighed and turned her attention back to Alex, asking if she knew the host of the party. Savannah raised a brow and smiled, noticing a slight smirk forming on her face. Was she missing a joke or something?

"I do actually. She seems a bit overbearing most times. A workaholic and antisocial."

Savannah placed a hand on her knee, playfully pushing it as she spoke, "Don't say that... As someone who is both very antisocial and a workaholic, I get it. It's sometimes hard to let your guard down and relax... Especially when you have some many people depending on you.." She sighed and slipped her hand off her knee, placing it back on the bar counter. "I don't know how close you two are but talk to her and reassure her that it's okay to relax sometime. And from what Julie's told me, she definitely deserves it." She traced her fingers along her sweating glass before lifting it to her lips to take another sip. "Mmmm," she placed the glass back down. "And remind her that it's okay to be antisocial at times," she giggled softly.

Her laughter slowly died down when she noticed how Alex's gaze lingered on her. She cleared her throat and looked away, feeling the heat build in her neck and cheeks. Thank god for her ebony skin because she couldn't handle it if Alex saw her blushing. She bit her lip for a brief moment before parting her lips, "S-so..."

"I've been looking for you."

She trailed off when she noticed the girl from earlier. She believed her name was Elise. Elise laughed and smiled as she gripped Alex's shoulders. Her emerald green eyes stared daggers into Savanna as she gave her a large toothy grin, "Hello, I'm Elise..." Her grip on Alex's shoulder tightened a little more as she gazed at the dark-haired woman, trying her hardest to figure out why the hell Alex was talking to this woman. "We-we met..." she trailed off once more when Elise spoke again. "I noticed you earlier with Julie." Savanna nodded, "Yea um.. Savanna," she tittered nervously, giving her a little wave. "Do you work at Alex's hospital as well?" Wait, what did she just say? Alex's hospital? Savanna's eyes grew large as glanced at Alex before looking back at Elise. "I'm sorry... A-Alex's hospital?" Elise rolled her eyes. She hated repeating herself, especially to someone who was attempting to talk to her girlfriend, "Yes, Alex's hospital...This is Alex's party, after all."

"Right... Her party,"
she nodded, faintly laughing to herself as she straightened up a little, "Um, no I-I don't work in Alex's hospital. I work at another hospital as a nurse...But-but I do know that our hospital is updating our system. They plan on using your tech." she smiled and motioned towards Alex, "There was even a rumor going around saying that you may be becoming our new boss... Even Julie spoke of it," She looked from Elise to Alex, hoping that she wasn't making a complete ass of herself. "Ugh, all this work talk! It's a party!" Elise laughed and squeezed Alex's shoulders, "A simple no would have done fine."

Savanna nodded and apologized, turning her attention to her drink as the two women talked. She took a couple of sips of her drink, finishing it off when she felt a hand slap against her back, "Finally found you!" Savanna turned and smiled at Julie, "Hey. What took you so long?"

"Oh, Elise and I just met with some old friends," she slurred. Savanna inched her head back a little when she caught a whiff of the alcohol on her breath. She was definitely driving them home tonight. "Nice... Maybe I ...."

"Julie!!!," yelled a person from behind. Both women turned to find a small group of women on the dance floor, motioning for Julie to join them. Julie laughed as she stumbled into her friend, "I gotta go." She leaned in and placed a kiss on Savanna's cheek before making her way to the dancing crowd. Savanna sighed as she watched her friend laugh and dance against the group of women when she heard her name. She turned her attention to Alex and Elise again, noticing that they were still talking amongst themselves. She bit her lip and looked away, not wanting to intervene, but then she heard Alex dismiss Elise, she turned her attention back towards Alex, watching as she rose to her feet and offered her hand. "Would you like to take a walk with me, Savannah?"

Elise scoffed and folded her arms, "Are you serious..." She took a couple of steps towards her, "Alex?"

Savannah's eyes lingered on her hand before finally meeting her gaze. She could see how uncomfortable she was around this Elise character. "I can give you a tour of the house and the property if you like."

"Sure..." Savannah smiled and hesitantly placed her hand into hers, "I'd love a tour," she rose to her feet.

Elise's nails slowly began to grow, digging deep into her forearms. "That bitch," she hissed. Her eyes narrowed as she eyed the strange woman. Who the fuck did she think she was? She silently watched as the two walked away before turning her attention towards the idiot who brought this attention-seeking bitch. Elise let out a deep guttural growl as she unfolded her arms and began to push her way through the crowd. Julie. When she caught sight of her, she quickened her pace, swiftly grabbing her arm, and dragging her away from the crowd.

"Hey?!"

"Shut up," she snarled as she headed towards a more private area of the house before slamming her against the wall. Julie whimpered and cursed at Elise, "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"You,"
she jabbed her finger into Julie's temple, "You're what's wrong with me." She stepped towards the woman, wrapping her hand around the blonde's throat before lifting her from the floor. Julie gasped as she clawed at the woman's hand, "W-what the fuck," she gasped.

"Who the fuck is that bitch you brought?" She tightened her grip around her throat before slamming her against the wall, "Who is she?"

Julie's eyes began to roll to the back of her head as she continued to claw and gasp for air. "Ssssssss...Savaaa."

"I know her fucking name, you twit. I need to know the details. I need to know why the fuck you brought her." Julie's face slowly began to turn red, which caused a smile to form on Elise's face. She wanted so much to watch the life drain from her, but she wasn't the real enemy. This savanna character was. She slowly placed her back onto the floor, loosening her grip on her neck before finally releasing it. Julie coughed as she fell to the floor, placing a hand on her chest, and took a couple of deep breaths. "What the fuck, Elise?"

The redhead rolled her eyes, folding her arms against her chest, "Quit your whining. I wasn't going to hurt you. I just need answers about your Savanna friend." Julie closed her eyes as she took a couple of deep breaths, "Fuck.." she whispered. "Savanna is a girl I went to college with. She-she helped me with my classes... She works as a nurse at one of the hospitals. She isn't much of a threat, just some goody-two-shoes. Why do you care about Savanna?" Elise rolled her eyes and unfolded her arms, kneeling before her panting friend, "Because your little friend is flirting with my girlfriend. And if you don't fix it..." She leaned in close, "It'll be you, who feels my wrath." She rose to her feet,
"Sober up and keep an eye on them."

Meanwhile...

"Um, I-I want to apologize for talking about work and also, giving unwanted advice... If I'd known you were the host/boss, I wouldn't have done that..." She smiled small, "I-I mean I shouldn't have done that either way but..." She laughed, glancing over at Alex, "Sorry. I'm rambling."

Last edited:
Alex's mood was close to ruined when Elise came to try and steal her away. She knew her tricks and the red head specifically did so whenever Alex gave any woman some sort of attention. Why would Savanna be any different? A new woman that Alex was showing interest in since she'd never met her before, her appearance didn't hurt either. So when she felt Savanna's hand slip into hers, she grasped it gently and led her back into the house, gracefully avoiding all of the guests as she did so. She wanted to glance back at Elise, but decided against it since it would only light a larger fire in the woman. Even though Alex harbored no romantic feelings for Elise, she did get some satisfaction from seeing her jealous. Probably because the red head thought she could win Alex back with little to no effort.

"Please, there's no need to apologize." Alex chuckled with a smile as they entered the house again and led Savanna towards the stairs. "It's refreshing to meet someone who doesn't know my reputation. As you can tell, most people aren't exactly up front to my face. They much prefer ass kissing, which doesn't get them far."

The woman, still gently holding Savanna's hand, led her up the stairs to a long hallway. They stopped at the first door on the right, which was a spare bedroom. Much larger than it needed to be and fully furnished with a king sized bed and bathroom attached. The room itself was decorated in cool blues and warm off whites that were illuminated by the large window. It wasn't that Alex ever had many guests, but why not be prepared in case someone stopped by to visit? Elise had stayed there a lot, and Alex huffed softly before trying to push the thought of her former lover out of her head. It was like Elise to try and ruin and evening for her because she got jealous, she just hoped it wouldn't be tonight.

The next stop was her bedroom, almost half the size of the living area downstairs with a fire place and a master bath attached. One wall was just a large window that overlooked the pool and Alex could see the party still thriving down below. She finally released the woman's hand before moving to stand next to the window to watch the people socializing. It was nice to be away from it all, even if it was just for a moment and with pleasurable company, on top of it all.

"This is my bedroom." The bed was unmade and for some reason, Alex was a bit embarrassed by that, but she didn't bring attention to it. "I'm not here too often, sometimes I usually fall asleep in my study or on the couch in the living room." There was a loveseat adjacent to the window that Alex sat down on and she flourished her arm to offer Savanna the spot next to her. "So, tell me Savanna, what hospital do you work for? Admittedly, I am shocked you didn't know who I was since you're a nurse. Although I am glad you didn't."

Alex, for a moment, thought she heard the floorboards creak in the hallway. It wouldn't be out of the ordinary. The people who were in her home were welcome to explore, but she had hoped no one had followed them. Or at least, she had hoped no one had seen them go up stairs. When Alex found something she was interested in, she wanted time to learn about it. Savanna was something new, unstudied and intriguing enough to capture Alex's attention. So she tuned into the sounds on the upper level of her home, hearing feet moving slowly on the floor. Someone was trying to listen in, but it wasn't Elise, she would've recognized her scent. So she did her best to ignore the creeping figure in the hallway, hoping it was just someone who was lost.

Back
Top Bottom