Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

F-List: to be, or not to be?

DampFalcon

Meteorite
This site says that "several members also find it helpful to make F-Lists". Is it standard practice to have an F-List? I feel like I should make one in order to let people know about my tastes should I ever post a request, but there are so many things to list. So many extreme options, too: it wouldn't be great if my list was 50% "no", methinks.

This is a new struggle for me, as usually I simply tell people my main tastes when we chat. That being said, If I do need an F-List then should I just ignore some of the more "unique" options so as to not have a page full of what I won't do?

You are not required to have an F-List, no. Some people tend to find it easier to make one for their requests but you do not have to. I myself did not make one for a long long time, years even, and just wrote my kinks and limits out for people as well. It is lengthy, I agree, though you can of course skip different sections and listed kinks as you wish.

If you do decide to make one then yes, I would just post what works for you and ignore the unique options, as you say. They simply won't be listed in your final list as a result, and that is the most common practice.

Alright, thank you for the quick response! I'll set one up and only include things of particular note rather than selecting an option for every given thing.

To add on to what Doctor Manhattan has said here: what works for me is having an f-list to cover a wide variety of things but to list my absolute hard limits and most favourite things by text in my request thread. That gives people an idea of what I’m about, and if they want a more robust picture they can go to my f-list.

But yeah, an f-list isn’t required by any means, and it can be a pain to fill one out due to the sheer amount of options. But it is a nice easy thing for partners to look at (and they can help avoid big blocks of text in a request thread) which is why they’re so popular :)

1. Thank you for the response too, Bunny Cake! Every comment is appreciated.

2. I thought up a decent F-List, and would like feedback if anyone has some. Personally, it seems rather tidy... almost boringly so. What could I do to make it more interesting, if I even should?

The F-list seems clean and to the point Sometimes simple and tidy is best. :) Though if you are looking for some more custom kinks/limits, as well as miscellaneous things to pretty up one's thread, the "Profile References" F-list page is very helpful in that regard.

You’re welcome!

As for fancying up the f-list - personally I don’t think it’s needed, then again, my own request thread is bare-bones in terms of html style as well. My personal tastes are to be more direct.

But as I’ve said to other members, a request thread is a chance to show off not only what you’re looking for but your own style and personality. So I believe that if you want to really fancy something up, a request thread might be the place to do that :)

That being said, If I do need an F-List then should I just ignore some of the more "unique" options so as to not have a page full of what I won't do?
That's precisely what I used to do -- and personally still prefer to see -- with F-lists. I think their directory is a great resources to get a feel of "what's out there" and perhaps to explore new kinks you hadn't thought of yourself, but profiles that list nigh all of them often come across as messy. Instead of reading you don't like kink X including versions X1, X2 and X3, I'd much rather learn what you do like about kinks Y and Z. For that reason I've come to prefer writing out a list within my request thread itself and elaborating on my specific preferences.

And of course, it's perfectly fine to discuss kinks over private messages, though I recommend listing some expectations kink-wise in your thread.

2. I thought up a decent F-List, and would like feedback if anyone has some. Personally, it seems rather tidy... almost boringly so. What could I do to make it more interesting, if I even should?
I think it looks great! It's very organised and gives a clear idea of what you like and don't in just a glance. I'd also recommend checking out the ConCrit & Idea Development subforum to garner feedback, also on request threads in general.

1. Thank you for the response too, Bunny Cake! Every comment is appreciated.

What the dickens, how did you get the emojis (?) in the text of the catagories? . That's a fantastic f-list, I've avoided creating one as they've been very messy in the past... But that's inspiring!

Back
Top Bottom