Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost in Space [Reboot] Week 1 Journal Entries - Main thread 01.

MsBloom

Moonchild
Character: Caitlin Drake
Mentioning: Alexander Drake @Colonel_Liam / Nathan Drake @captain_bond / Owen Drake @apollo247
Related threads:
Day 3 AC (After the Crash)
Time: 10:30 (Endeavour Time)

We will probably have to revise our measure of time to fit with this planet's rotation around it's own axis soon though because it certainly is not following the 24 hours we used on The Endeavour or back on Earth for those who remember that. I don't I was born en route to what would become the first human colony outside the solar system. Astronomers had found what they call a class M planet that would be able to sustain Earth life form, such as us humans but also cattle, and plants. The Endeavour was built and launched. A second colony ship was then begun but that's as far as out history teachers knew. No one knew if the second colony ship was even launched and now … with The Endeavour gone … who knows … we might be the last humans in the universe … Three families, less than two dozen individuals in all. Yea, good luck with that.

It has been 2 whole days now I've spent either in bed or limping around on my improvised crutches with my broken foot in an equally improvised cast made from plaster bandages and two spare metal tubes about as thick as my thumb. Abeba says it will heal but also that because the cast isn't as firm as it should ideally be I might end up with a permanent limp. I'll get to how I got it later right now I just have to sort things in my head.

It was absolute chaos from The Endeavour's ship wide alarm to evacuate waking us all up in the middle of the night to me strapping myself into the navigations and communications chair in just my pyjamas shorts and a tight spaghetti strap top that left most of my belly exposed, to Owen climbing into the co-pilot seat and strapping in with our dad taking the helm, Nate and mum hopefully having managed to strap in for a bumpy ride down in the common room. Everyone was shouting at each other directly or over the COMs, to do this, do that, check this, check that.

I barely had time to get all of The Esmeralda's (our the Jupiter) navigations systems up before an explosion somewhere deeper in the Jupiter hangar helped us launch away from The Endeavour, or rather it threw us away from it, far away enough for us to not get caught in its wake as it began an uncontrolled spiralling descent towards the nearby star, what we now call the sun, ironic huh?

By the time Dad and Owen had The Esmeralda under control all we could do was watch The Endeavour break apart as it was pulled in by the star's gravity along with almost every Jupiter that had not made it far enough away from the hangars. I won't lie. I did cry because each Jupiter pulled in with The Endeavour housed a family and as far as I knew then Abeba might be on one of them, as far as any of us knew then we might be the last six humans outside Earth's solar system. I think we were all crying, or at least very emotional. I remember reaching across the consoles to take Owen's hand for comfort.

But then as the smoke cleared the external COMs started crackling and I burst into tears of joy and began to giggle uncontrollably as I heard the sweetest most treasured voice ask: "Is anyone still out there?"

It was Abeba. She was alive which meant that The Nyong'o-Robinsons had also made it far enough away from The Endeavour to not be pulled in.
"YES WE ARE!" I screamed ecstatically and almost leaped out of my seat.
"Cait?" I heard my girlfriend ask and then also cry out with joy.
"Beba Baby!" I called back and we both giggled hysterically with the pure joy that the other was still alive.
We were so happy that neither of us had to mourn the other while stranded in space that we barely noticed the subtle cough that also came through in our ear pieces. It was Riley Mercer making contact to let us know that the Mercer family too had survived the crash and that was it. Three Jupiters of 12 dozen. Better than just one I suppose but still not the best of odds for the survival of the human species.

And that … is why there is a contingency plan, an alternate breeding protocol. I guess there is nothing for it. After all even with the original breeding protocol in place I wa always required to produce at least two children, with two different males. As horrible as it sounds having to let two different males penetrate and leave their seed inside me sounds it would be a necessity in order for the colony to grow. With the contingency plan that number is now three with three different males. But hey what's a poor lesbian to do in the face of the potential extinction of her species, right?

Anyhow; we were in luck though. The fourth planet from the star that ate The Endeavour was an M class planet that the astronomers back on Earth must have either missed or determined to be too small. Or they had rejected it for some other reason. I don't know and it really doesn't matter either. It's not like we really had any choice but to land here.

All three Jupiters entered the atmosphere in formation and began looking for a good spot to land. It had to be near fresh water and with a climate that could sustain farming. As we flew across a large forest heading for a spot near a lake shaped somewhat like a seven Owen pointed at something as we passed over it. It did look like ruins of some kind of primitive structures. Was there already a civilisation on this planet and if so how would they react to an alien species arriving, that is what we would be to them after all, an alien species. Hopefully they would react better than I think us humans would have reacted, at least based on the books and movies written on the theme human response was never to just welcome the aliens. Then again the aliens rarely came in peace so …

Now for that damned broken foot.

It was as Dad started braking for landing that it became clear that one of the brake engines was damaged and the Jupiter wasn't responding as it was supposed to. I had forgotten to strap back in for landing, or more likely just ignored it, as I had retreaded to my cabin to talk more privately with Abeba and sure I did notice the Jupiter being a bit wobbly but it wasn't something that seemed to be cause for concern I did however decide to strap myself into one of the seats in the common room with Mum and Nate but I barely made it out of bed before The Esmeralda wobbled quite a bit more than before and threw me off my balance. As I grabbed for the door frame I felt my left foot fold underneath me followed by a piercing pain that suggested right there and then that it was broken, a simple, clumsy, stupid accident. Nothing more.

But here I am. Stuck on crutches while Abeba and Owen are off having fun exploring those potential ruins he saw on the way down. And of course Nate went with them leaving me all alone with Mum, Dad and Mia, and nothing useful to do. A simple stupid accident less and I'd be out there with them exploring plants and trees and all kinds of interesting stuff.

Last edited:
Character: Abeba Nyong'o
Mentioning: Owen Drake @apollo247 / Nathan Drake @captain_bond
Related threads: Exploring the Ruins
Time: 6 pm (Endeavour Time)

More like noon judging by the sun's position. It's been a confusing few days for the body to adjust to a seemingly shorter day. We're all still more or less running on a 24 hour cycle but the day here seems to be about 18, maybe 18 and a half hours long.

I must admit that it was curiousity that had me agreeing to join Owen on his expedition to find the ruins he claimed to have seen on the way down. Caitlin had also seen them as he pointed them out to her but the further we drove from the colony, as the adults call it, I'm not so sure, the more I began to think he hadn't seen anything at all but here we are.

From what I could see in the Chariot's headlights when we arrived about 10 hours ago, before Nate told Owen to turn them off, to preserve battery but also to not attract unnecessary attention from whatever might be lurking out there, the ruins appear to have been abandoned for a long time, long enough that it is more than plausible that whoever built them is either extinct or have moved on up the civilisation ladder. Kinda like how humans back on Earth moved from the neolithic to the bronze age and on to the iron age and so on. I wouldn't say that the ruins appear to be very advanced, perhaps equivalent to the bronze age back on Earth, maybe early iron age. Then again who knows.

Now that I've had time to look at it all in daylight I still feel that these ruins are not only very old but also about as advanced as maybe early classical era back on Earth. The stone work at least suggest as much. Now of course I'm far from qualified to speak as an archaeologist might have been and this is all concluded from what I've learned in history class and also from the level of engineering required to construct what must once have been a perfectly smooth pillar of some sort of stone that strongly resemble marble. I've collected a small sample that had fallen to the side and when we get back to the colony I'll show it to grandpa. I think he's the only one among us old enough to possible have actually seen real marble back on Earth.

Last edited:
Character: Capheus Nyong'o
Mentioning: Lea Robinson / Khandi Nyong'o Robinson @LeaT / Charles Robinson @captain_bond /
Related threads: Exploring the Ruins (link to come)
Time: 8 pm (Endeavour Time)

I don't know what's taking Jaali so long. He should be breeding Lea every chance he gets by now, that white girl Khandi's new white ass husband brought into our family. He busies himself with the colony's security and that is, of course, important since we don't know what is out there.

Abeba's gone off with those two Drake boys. I certainly understand her curiousity at the chance of examining what may be the remains of a dead civilisation on this new world but I don't trust those two white boys one bit.

Now as for my daughter in law. I've told both her and that pale ass husband of hers that we need to implement the contingency breeding protocol as soon as possible but he doesn't like the idea of me breeding his wife and she dodges me every chance she gets. There is always something that needs her attention, be it fresh water from the lake, or meetings about setting up a farm and how to irrigate it, or any other excuse she can find to avoid me claiming my right to breed her. I'll be damned if she has another half breed kid before she has another pure African child.

Sadly though I may have to break a few rules to avoid it. I am after all the only African male here who is not related to her by DNA.

Last edited:
Player: @apollo247

Character: Lucas Mercer

Mentioning: @AndNich123 (Anastasia, Makenzie) @Colonel_Liam (Theo) @Aluora (Riley) @MsBloom (Teri, Jaali)

Related threads: Main Thread, Other threads soon to come.

Time: 2:30 (Endeavour Time)

It happened quickly I only made it back to the Jupiter within seconds to spare. If I hadn't my family would have been alive on this planet without me and I would have been killed along with everyone else that had been stuck on the Endeavour. I was conducting a briefing were we planning on doing a scouting mission a nearby planet. I had done these scouting missions before and was placed in charge of the team. As I was speaking to the General at the time the alarms sounded off and I sprung into action. My family was the most important people in my life and I wasn't going to abandon them. Heck I was the reason why they were on the Endeavour in the first place.

I rushed back to the Jupiter to ensure that I made it back to them safely. As I was the Jupiter's pilot I quickly dashed to the pilot's seat, my stepdaughter Teri wanted to fly but I wasn't having it. Maybe if it was a routine mission perhaps but not when the Endeavour was being ripped apart. So I strapped Teri next to me, she could be my co-pilot. Once I got the conformation that everyone of my family members were safe and strapped into something I flew the Jupiter out of harms way. I could only but hear the Endeavour come down, it was all I could do. At least my family was safe. Riley was the one that informed the other two Jupiter's that we were safe and a plan was formed to fly down to a planet and meet up with everyone else.

That was three days ago. Within those three days we came up with a breeding protocol. I for one had no issue in breeding with every single woman on this new colony. Still with the protocols being put in place I find myself being the one to enforce these rules. I have no idea how my wife Ana truly thinks of the new situation. I might have to speak with her privately. But I will not let anyone else beat me to breeding the twins. I will be damned if I let anyone else have a crack at them first before I claim them. I don't like what I've been told about the Drake boys and Jaali I have no idea about. I will claim my girls first before I let anyone else fuck them. So that was my plan soon. They are sharing an Cabin on the upper floor while my other daughter is in K Cabin, which is close to mine and my wife's.

Last edited:
Character: Teri Mercer
Mentioning: Lucas Mercer @apollo247 Riley Mercer @Aluora Theo Mercer @Colonel_Liam
Related threads:
Time: 8 am (Endeavour Time)

Co-piloting The Dandelion in a high pressure situation was quite exciting even if I had of course wanted to pilot it. Then again Dad's a much more experienced pilot so of course it made more sense, considering that The Endeavour was breaking apart behind us as we got the hell out of there, taking so many less fortunate Jupiters with it into the sun.

No one seemed to know what had gone wrong, at least none of the survivors, three Jupiters in all. As I realised we were safe I grabbed both Riley's hand across the COMs panel and Dad's on the other side and just breathed. It had been stressful and it was a good thing Dad had taken the helm because I had made so many small mistakes that it had almost cost us an engine as we entered the atmosphere. Dad of course, being a much more experienced pilot, had saved us and being who he is had not yelled at me or even mentioned it until we were safely on the ground when he suggested that once we were settled in we should perhaps do a bit more training with him co-piloting and me, under less stressful circumstances first take The Dandelion out into orbit and then back in out of orbit.
"Practice makes for experience and experience makes for fewer mistakes," he said quite calmly.

The last three days have been quite busy helping Mac with repairs, both on the Jupiter and the Chariot, not that she needs any help except or someone to hand her a screwdriver here and a wrench there, but it's been something to do, other than of course checking out the boys from the other two Jupiters. That black kid is one hot stud muffin to be sure, and to be perfectly honest, his granddad isn't half bad either. None of the boys and men are but I know Dad will probably want to be first to breed us, me and Riley. He is after all when it comes down to biology only our stepdad, not that that matters one bit, we're a family and I don't recall ever really having called him anything but Dad. And if I know him as well as I think I do he will probably pay me and Riley a nightly visit just as soon as everything is properly settled in. Maybe even tonight.

Maybe flirting a bit with the black kid, Jaali I think his name is, when he passes by our Jupiter on his patrol of the perimeter might perhaps motivate Dad to act sooner rather than later. Or maybe I could be a little extra friendly to his son Theo and see if that gets him going. I wonder how he will decide which one of us to breed first, maybe he will make a competition out of it, like maybe who gives the best BJ.

Oh well. I should probably get dressed now and head down for breakfast, or maybe I should just head down to breakfast as I am, in just panties and a tank top that is a bit too small for me. Just for a bit of teasing fun.

Last edited:
Player: @LeaT
Character: Khandi
Mentioning: All Family @MsBloom @captain_bond
Related threads: Main Thread
Time: 5:30 (Endeavour Time)

I guess we are lucky, we survived. I don't know what happened or why, everything started so fast. I was purely focused on the younger children, making sure they were with us and secured in their seats in the crash cabin, the safest part of the jupiter from what I was told. Charles and the older children are very capable and I'm grateful for that. Even Mathias' dad survived, I guess I'm grateful for that too, but he has been real creepy since the crash. He is going on about the fine print of the contract, something about an emergency protocol. I haven't had time to read it carefully myself but somehow the crazy old man thinks it gives him the right to fuck me, hell breed me like a fucking prize heifer. He has another thing coming!

From what I did scan from the protocol though, the one man I can't get pregnant by is my own husband. Our shared children, as lovely as they are, prohibit us from having more until I bear and he father's three more. Three more! I guess we shall see how well those enhanced fertility drugs they distributed work on a woman my age. Of course, that assumes we will even take this seriously, I mean who reads all that fine print anyway? I'm going to make a point of getting out and talking to some of the women in the other jupiters, surely we are going to put our collective feet down and put a stop to this nonsense. If nothing else, it will keep me away from Capheus and his hair brained ideas.

Player: @Aluora
Character: Riley Mercer
Mentioning: Mercer Family @MsBloom @AndNich123 @Colonel_Liam @apollo247
Related threads:
Day 3 AC (After Crash)
Time: 10:00am (Endeavour Time)

Well, I guess I finally got to use my comm studies to good use...in the worst possible way. After the crash, I was thankful to reach Caitlin, hearing the Drakes and the Nyong'o-Robinsons survived the decent as well. Looks like the Mercer's will have new neighbors.

I will admit, it was nice to see Dad successfully land us safely in the surface, but that does not mean I'm happy with him. He took us out here and now we are stranded! You can practice for disasters all you want, but nothing will truly make you ready for the real thing. Thankfully Mom has been a calming force in all of this. As much as I want to be mad at her as well...I just can't.

Here is the other kicker from all this shit...breeding protocol! Yep, every girl gets to be knocked up. There is nothing we can do about this so I guess that means, Teri, Mac, and I all get to eventually be teen mothers while Theo can be a dad. Must be fun for the guys. Funny to think that we were told to always practice safe sex, so I guess that talk was for nothing. It's fine, now I can bring boys back to my cabin with mom and dad getting mad. I can just claim I'm satisfying the breeding protocol.

I'm noticed dad look at the family slightly different, even more so Teri and I. He has always been very protective of us all, but I wonder how he feels knowing that one of the men from the other families will be assigned breed his daughters. Then again, Teri has been sharing that same look back. As for me, I think I will go over and visit the Drake brothers soon. I wouldn't mind getting between them. Maybe I will bring one of them back here so dad can catch me...just to piss him off more.

I guess I should head downstairs for breakfast before my slutty twin sister eats everything. Besides, I have to convince grease monkey Mac to find some new clothes that are not dirty overalls.

Character: Lea
Mentioning: All Family @MsBloom @captain_bond

I still can't believe it. Everyone, well almost everyone, gone! Just like that, it probably hadn't been 3 to 5 minutes from the time the first alarm sounded and all but 3 jupiters had been obliterated. Maybe there was hope for a few more, but from what I observed it was only by virtue of us being close enough to the explosion to be thrown free but far enough to not be damaged. Also that we were pointed away from the star, now our sun, that we weren't pulled into the gravitational field of the sun. The jupiters were cozy little ships but they simply didn't have the thrust to weight ratio to achieve escape velocity once launched towards a star at such close range. All those poor families, it breaks my heart to think of it.

I'm so grateful my family all made it out safely. Dad was a pretty good pilot, not flashy like some of the others, but competent. I like to think I did my part, the navigation was a little tricky what with escaping the star's gravity then working out the descent angles so we didn't burn up in the atmosphere of this planet we are calling Neomoria, or something like that. It was all so intense, then the landing. When I finally got to sleep it felt like I slept for days. My clock says 10:30 but it looks like sunrise, I'm all screwed up with time. I suppose I should go find out what the news is and maybe meet some of the kids my age. I suppose there will be a lot of chores to do, probably going to be pretty boring around here. I'm just glad Jaali is so vigilant, I feel pretty safe around him. Maybe he will go with mom and I to meet the other families tomorrow?

Character: Mia
Mentioning: All Family @Colonel_Liam @captain_bond @MsBloom @apollo247

It looks like I may live after all. The wreck of the mother ship was horrific, I've never been so frightened in my life. Alex did a great job of flying us out of there and what luck to find a habitable planet within range. I'm just taking a quick moment after feeding the family breakfast, more by the clock than the daylight outside, or lack of it. Everyone is still kind of in shock what with all the death, but I just can't stop feeling how lucky I am to be alive. Sure things have changed, drastically but that isn't all bad. Not that I've had it that bad with the Drake's, I'm not really their au pair but it was a good cover story to get me on the ship without too much judgement from the authorities or other families.

But now everything has changed. I don't really need to pretend to be anything than what I am, the wife of Alexander and Elizabeth Drake. I like to think I've been more of a second mom to the older kids than just the hired help. After all, they know I sleep with their parents, they aren't stupid after all. The sex is great, but from what I understand their is going to be a lot more of it. We had always planned for Alex to impregnate me once we reached our colony site and I'm excited for that. Tough break for Elizabeth though, with these new rules they pulled out she isn't supposed to get pregnant by Alex, but someone else. I guess we are all 'fair game' now and it is hard to look at the Drake kids quite the same way. I wonder if they are all thinking it, especially the boys. Maybe one of them will beat daddy to my eggs? Or some of the other men and boys of the other ships. It's like a sexual smorgasbord. Sure only one can get me pregnant, but it isn't like I can't let some other try, right? I think of all the families, we are best ready for this kind of environment, it isn't like we really chose to stop at just three after all. I'm not sure what is going to happen, but I don't think it will be boring.

Player: @captain_bond
Character: Nathan Drake
Mentioning: Whole Family, plus Capheus and Jaali ( @MsBloom @LeaT @Colonel_Liam @apollo247 )
Related Threads: Exploring The Ruins
Day 2 AC
0930 (Endeavour Time)

--BEGIN LOG ENTRY--

One thing they always tell you in training, is that the real thing doesn't compare. Turns out they're right. When the alarm went off aboard the Endeavour, it was like an automatic pilot took over my body: get to the hangar, get aboard the Esmeralda, make sure everyone's secure, strap in, etc. I sat in the weapons station, of course; it was little more than a popgun for blasting oncoming asteroids, but it was still my place on any ship. It seemed pitifully useless in the situation and I was shaking from head to toe. And then, off we went, very much like a bullet being fired from a gun, the Endeavour's reactor core acting as the propellant. But no one ever crammed a family of people inside a bullet. If they had, they'd be shot themselves for crimes against humanity. Luckily we managed to get our Jupiter under control before we crashed into something, and better yet, there were two other family groups with us. So, we weren't entirely alone, but nor did we have the numbers we set out with.

Enter the breeding protocol. I'm not gonna lie, I read that part of the contract a few times over just to make sure it was real. Being born aboard the Endeavour, we had a different set of expectations and rules than if we were still on Earth. According to the company that sent us on this wild goose chase*...well, what did that matter now anyway? We're all a little bit older and no more wiser than we were when we put our thumbscan on those datapads, not knowing what we'd end up going through... All those people. All of my brothers and sisters in arms, gone, killed in the most devastating ways I can think of. I had nightmares my first three nights here and I don't expect they'll subside anytime soon. I dream of watching them get crushed in the gravity, or vaporized in the star's superheated plasma. Somehow they all have the face of Jacinda, that sniper from B-Company. I was real sweet on her, was thinking of asking her to the upcoming dance...

Anyway, moving on to current events, because if I keep thinking about that, I'll go nuts. During the landing, Caitlin got hurt and I have been keeping her company almost around the clock, with my pistol tucked under my jacket, or my pillow when I sleep...I don't like the look Jaali's been giving her since we landed. And old man Capheus is on another level of dickcheese. Can Black people be racist? Apparently so. If looks could kill, it would be him, Jaali, Abeba and all the other women, and that's it. Cause he's been giving all the white men the evilest of eyes for the last 3 days.

Anyway, I've apparently been 'reassigned,' but at least I get to hang out with Abeba for a while. Apparently there's some ruins that Owen and she wanted to go explore. I would have loved to take Caitlin too, but at least I left her my backup gun. Just in case. So now here I am, making sure my expedition suit is still in one piece, waiting to head out. Hopefully, it won't take more than a couple days.

Oh, and one more thing about this breeding protocol. The fuck are we gonna do, eat sex? Dudes need to prioritize food, water and shelter before we start knocking girls up. Frickin idiots, for real.

--END LOG ENTRY--

(*=I had assumed that, from a legal standpoint vis-a-vis being able to be bound by a contract, those born aboard the Endeavour would be considered adults at 15. Possibly in other matters as well. Otherwise, some of the cast would not be technically bound by the contract, including the breeding protocol. Can discuss in OOC if needs be.)

Last edited:
Playerer: @Colonel_Liam
Character: Alexander Drake
Mentioning: Caitlin Drake @MsBloom / Nathan Drake @captain_bond / Owen Drake @apollo247 / Mia Khan @LeaT / Mac @AndNich123
Related threads:
Time: 6:00Am (Endeavour Time)
Another day, another journal entry. I don't know why I bother with these, when there's real work to be done. While the other older men in the colony are obsessing over breeding right and divying up the women in the colony like they aren't people, we still need to finish the water pump from the lake to the Jupiters, so we don't have to keep hauling buckets of water into the ship's filtration tanks for washing and drinking. And that's just a start on top of figuring out what crops will grow here as a sustainable food supply, scouting the area for other resources, or just chopping wood. It's a blazing hot summer season now, but if the coniferous trees in the area are any sign, it will be a rough winter when it hits, and we'll need sources of warmth for when (not if) the fuel supplies of our little ships run out.

It's not as though I'm opposed to the so called "breeding protocol". I signed off on the original, and the contingency plan when I signed on for this mission. Elizabeth and I believe in big families, it's why we invited Mia into our marriage. Before the accident we were actively trying for our first child with her. If the survival of the human race, or just our colony depends on me knocking up a few of the lovely daughters around here, that's a price I'm more than happy to pay. Hell if Elizabeth has a few more, I won't complain, and raise em my own, though I still feel a little possessive of Mia, in a way that wasn't there before the accident, if I'm honest.

It just strikes me as hasty. They're thinking with their dicks and not their brains. Do we really want to bring all these kids into this new world without basic utilities, or a stable food supply? Make half our workforce have to waddle around with big pregnant bellies? At least there's a few people with some sense. Young MacKenzie has been helping out with the water pump. She's got a bit to learn still, but she knows how to work a wrench and isn't afraid of getting dirty, which is more than I can say for some of the other young ones here.

For some of them I get it. Caitlin for instance. She and her girlfriend expected to have to fulfill their contractual obligations to the colony at some point of course. But that was when we had a full medical suite, with doctors who could induce an IVF, and they could pick their donors. Now it's possible that Caitlin might get knocked up by her girlfriends grandfather, or have to raise her nephews as her own if one of her brothers gets lucky with her girlfriend. That's got to be difficult. Even for the boys, who get the easy end of things by and large have got to feel a little weirded out at being reduced to breeding stock. Elizabeth tells me she's got a plant to smooth some of those rough edges, so I'll leave that to her for now.

Well that's enough for today, MacKenzie is probably waiting by the lake already.

Playerer: @Colonel_Liam
Character: Elizabeth Drake
Mentioning: Caitlin Drake @MsBloom / Nathan Drake @captain_bond / Owen Drake @apollo247 / Mia Khan @LeaT / any she could have reasonably been a high school teacher to.