Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Request Thread Critique (Please and Thank You)

Victoria Black

โœฎโ™ชโ‹†๐“›๐“ฎ๐“ฝ ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐–“๐–Ž๐–Œ๐–๐–™๐–’๐–†๐–—๐–Šโ‹†โ™ชโœฎ
Greetings!

I have finished dusting off my request threads to a certain degree. Hopefully, it's more engaging without all the empty spaces. So I'm looking for suggestions or feedbacks on the content or the format to make it better. Appreciate the help!

A couple of things that stood out to me...

The layout? Generally OK. They threads are more-or-less organised, the information laid out in some reasonable order to let us know a bit about you and what you're after.

The cravings/kinks/pairings? Works for me. Simple and concise and easy enough to follow.

The plots...? Sorry, this gets clunky. The table format you've used doesn't work; the plots are bunched up inside the table cells and not easy to follow. A better, more-spacious layout here would possibly be more useful.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for the feedback! It's more than just helpful!
The table format you've used doesn't work; the plots are bunched up inside the table cells and not easy to follow. A better, more-spacious layout here would possibly be more useful.
I assume you viewed the table format on your phone? Or is it bunched up with PC as well? Either way, I'll try to figure out a better structure. I didn't want to use the spoiler coding since it gives me a full page of nothing but spoiler tags on PC.

I think it's a little bit "bunched up" on both, although it's a little better on the 'M x Any' compared to the 'F x Any' threads. That's possibly because the F thread has 4 columns in the table compared to the 2 in the M thread, so everything is a bit more squeezed.

And while I personally don't like seeing a page full of spoiler tags, maybe they could be useful for some the ideas? For example, and you can do a far better job of this than me, with your "Your Secret Is Safe With Me" story it could look something like:

Your Secret Is Safe With Me - (Kinks: Blackmail) YC is a filthy-rich, well-respected businesswoman who's secretly a bimbo...

1) MC is an exclusive strip club owner...

2) etc

3) etc

Your Secret Is Safe With Me - (Kinks: Blackmail) YC is a filthy-rich, well-respected businesswoman who's secretly a bimbo...
Thank you for the suggestion! I am actually debating about utilizing sliders or tabs to make it less chaotic. Though I don't know how often people feel inclined to click on the thing if I do that.

With an RT it always the same Goldilocks problem of putting in "enough" detail without making people work too hard to find something interesting.

If someone has 50 ideas that each come with a 1,000 word explainer. How many people are going to read all 50 ideas? How many people are going just look a wall of text and go "Nope"? And how many people are going to click on 50 tabs\spoilers?

And if I ever work out what the answer is....

If someone has 50 ideas that each come with a 1,000 word explainer. How many people are going to read all 50 ideas? How many people are going just look a wall of text and go "Nope"? And how many people are going to click on 50 tabs\spoilers?
True, it would be a miracle if there's someone who's willing to do that. That person must be an angel or have a lot of free time. I'll just go with the tabs and hope the title is clear enough to steer the person in the right direction if they didn't have enough interest to read through the whole thread.

Something I've personally noticed helps a lot in finding partners is using relevant tags, whether it was me browsing their rt or the other way around. I personally have a short attention span and my first read is diagonally. I search for keywords I'm interested in and if I find something that pops out in the first 30 seconds, I will then give it an in depth read again. I'm not sure how everyone does it but here's my process:
  • I look at the overall aesthetic to see if the person put effort into making the rt.
  • I jump to the plot section to see if they developed any cravings they have.
  • There are 3 options from there. If the plot is over developed, I move on to another thread because that suggests they wouldn't be willing to budge too much in changing the plot because they put in so much time and effort coming up with it. A superficial description with the main theme, setting and pairing works best for me because I have a basis that I can build on but still space to explore. Something like a simple pairing (vampire x human) is too sandbox-y and would probably require too much brainpower to brainstorm.
  • If I like any of the presented plots, I jump back at the beginning to superficially read through their preferences. I look for keywords that I know match my style.
  • If I find said keywords, I will go over it again more in depth to really see if there's compatibility.
  • If everything checks out I'll send a pm and sometimes magic happens.
Anyway, that's the tldr version. Hope it might offer some insight and ends up helping a bit.

@Cosmic Witch, appreciate the thoughtful tips. I'll consider adding tags to my more flushed out plots, if I can muster the brain power to think of concise labels for them.

@Cosmic Witch, appreciate the thoughtful tips. I'll consider adding tags to my more flushed out plots, if I can muster the brain power to think of concise labels for them.
Usually I've seen the idea (and implemented it myself) under the form of:

Tags/Synopsis/Themes: Vampire x Human, Dark Romance, Angsty, Long term (example)

So just something really quick before going into describing the plot itself so people can get a clue what it's about.

Tags/Synopsis/Themes: Vampire x Human, Dark Romance, Angsty, Long term (example)
I see. I'll work on that once I finish replying to my roleplays and get more free time on my hand since I'm in no rush to bump my request thread. Again, thank you for your help, Witch!

Back
Top Bottom