Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Protecting the God's Sacrifice {Lady Nef x Notte}

Lady Nefrodiel

Planetoid
The soft sound of hooves meeting the pavement fell familiarly upon her ears. Or perhaps more correctly his ears, since that was the gender she was trying to portray in this kingdom. Sexist bastards who weren't comfortable seeing a woman kick their sorry ass with a sword. Probably the reason why she got this job in the first place. Commander Melyanna Ar-Feiniel would have been perfect in prowess- both in magic and physical combat- for this mission. But she absolutely refused to pretend something she was not. Probably a result from coming from a family that was known by their enemies as the "witch clan." Ar-Feiniels glorified femininity as much as their innate talent for magic. Of course, being a commander also hindered her from leaving Hallinor for such a long period of time. So, she, Lady Eldawen Pelrion of Hallinor had got stuck with the job.

It wasn't as if Eldawen was opposed to cross-dressing, it was the fact that this society didn't allow women to pursue any job they want. Really, she didn't even know why Cali wanted to save this kingdom in the first place. The gods should punish them for ignoring the needs of half their population. Nonetheless the oracle had said if this kingdom fell, it would most certainly affect Hallinor negatively. And as queen, Cali- a childhood nickname that close friends were allowed to call their reigning monarch- couldn't sit around and watch idly. The queen should have picked a man for this mission, but the objective was to keep the charge pure. As much as Cali trusted some of the men in her life, she could never trust a man's lust for a beautiful woman. Who better to send than her trusted friend, warrior, sometimes spy, gruff, asexual Eldawen?

So she was here, about to arrive at the temple of Apollo to meet his high priestess who was so essential to their future. Locks of wavy blonde hair fell onto her shoulders, and blue eyes scanned the way ahead; they finally caught the destination she had been trying to reach. Her chest was bound- not that there was much in the first place- and her clothing was distinctly male. But try as Eldawen might, her features were feminine. After all she was female. So the best she could pull off was a somewhat feminine looking male, with an incredibly tough exterior. For now, her name was Isilion Elendil. A name that spoke homage to Apollo's twin sister Artemis. The name meant "son of the moon" in an ancient tongue.

Her loyal steed continued traveling all the way until they arrived at the temple, ready to announce that she was here to see the priestess. It was time for perform for yet another mission.

So far, three attempts have been made on her life and she knew that one day she would have to be skirted away into hiding or protective custody. She prayed that Apollo would forgive her for not being able to worship him in his castle. Her rightful place as High Priestess, she humbly placed herself at his feet for he was her sun. "Dearest Apollo, what am I to do? It is not my will to leave you, yet my Queen and King say that I must." Her tone was filled with a heavy burned and an even greater sorrow. Her heart felt like it was being shattered into millions of pieces.

Ryssa stood at the statue of Apollo, her mind pulled into turmoil, tears glittered in her bright green forest eyes. Deep auburn hair streamed down her back in thick curled waves, reaching just beyond her posterior. White crushed velvet hung from her shoulder's, hiding the beauty of her body, but still showing enough curves that the imagination would soar wild. Voluminous breasts strained against the material, but it held them captive. Golden bracelets wrapped around her upper arms - showing her standing in the society and her worship of Apollo.

Dismounting her beloved mare, Eldawen walked up to the entrance of the temple to the sun god. Her blue eyes took in the beauty of the temple and she almost let out a sigh. Technically she belonged to him. Her name, in that same ancient tongue Hallinorians were obsessed with meant "Star Maiden." And with her preference to wander around than stay in one place, she had earned the nickname of "Wanderer Among the Stars." The sun was a star, in fact the sun was the most important star of all. But her connection was with the stars that appeared in the night. If it were possible, she would love nothing more than to actually dwell among the stars- to see them up close. Eldawen fit her name well.

Spotting someone who looked rather official, she approached the maiden. "Greetings," she bowed, her voice taking on a deeper tone fitting for a man, "I'm looking for the high priestess. She should be expecting me, could you point me in the direction where she would be located?" The maiden gravely responded to the blonde "man's" request, "She's asking guidance from our beloved sun god," and then proceeded to point out the way to the stranger. Eldawen briefly thanked the female and promptly followed the directions until she came across a room with a statue of Apollo in it. Sure enough, standing right in front of it was a beautiful woman dressed in white. The golden bracelets signified who she was that Eldawen bowed a bow worthy of royalty. After all, she was Apollo's representative on earth and despite her great fear of magic, one did not mess with the Gods.

"High Priestess Ryssa," she greeted as she raised her head on level with the women. She certainly was worthy enough to be a sacrifice for the gods and Eldawen could see why men would want her. "I am the agent from Hallinor that promised by her royal majesty, Queen Calestelial Arel. I am to serve you and your god by guaranteeing your protection," the woman continued on, her voice formal and businesslike.

Ryssa had turned at the sound of people drawing near to her and she knew that someone had come for her. She listened to the man speak his greeting, all the while great big tears filled her forest eyes and turned the color into a marsh bright green that flicked with gold as the agent spoke. She took a few steps back from the man and turned to the statue of Apollo trying not to show her fear or weakness. She wiped gingerly at her eyes and turned back to the man with a rather - shaky and forced smile.

Giving a nod in respect towards him, although it was not required of her, he was her protector and the least she could do is show gratitude. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Sirrah. I am sorry if I do sound coarse, but may I acquire after my protectors name?" Her voice was low and smokey, almost seductive without even trying to be. It was, for lack of a better word, haunting.

The sharp blue gaze didn't miss the tears that formed in the forest green eyes of the high priestess. A look of sympathy washed over the woman's features at that moment. Eldawen could only imagine what this was like for the high priestess. If someone had come to take her away from her job for "safety reasons" she would be pissed off as hell. And very upset. Of course the high priestess had turned away from her, probably to wipe away her tears. Eldawen could also understand that. She hated it when people saw her cry. As for her voice, it was naturally seductive. The woman could see why men would want her with a voice and figure like that. Not that it bothered her too much. Sex only got in the way... it took away valuable sleeping time and if it were to happen during the day, it would take away time from something more productive. Leave the baby-making to those who wanted babies, she wanted nothing to do with it.

"No, I apologize for my rudeness, I should have introduced myself first. You may call me Isilion Elendil," answered the blonde, slipping into the role of a man quite easily. "Isilion" offered something of a tentative smile, "For the record, I understand that this must be tough for you to handle. Goodness forbid if the situation was in reverse... but I'm sure your god will understand. He's with you wherever you are, and you can pray to him and pay homage to him even outside your temple. And once the threats are gone, I'm sure you will be able to return to your proper place and continue your work." Her voice was not confident or sure. Like a man, she wasn't used to giving emotional support. But she felt like she should say something... try to be friends with her. After all, they were going to spend a lot of time together.

She smiled, brilliantly, a smile that made people stop in their tracks and gaze at her with somewhat awe. It was if Apollo's sun could be found shinning brightly within her smile. "Thank you, Mr. Elendil, I am sure that you are quite right and that Apollo will understand. The fates after all would not have this happen if it were to anger him." She took a step closer to him and another until she stood directly infront of him; close but at the proper length.

"May I confide in you, Mr. Elendil? I have not stepped foot out of Temple grounds since I was a small child of four. I am frightened of what lays beyond my dearest Temple grounds. I know that when the people come here to praise Mighty Apollo, that they act differently in this place of worship. You are one of the few men that I have ever spoken too - outside of my king and other high ranking consorts. I am weary of the looks that men will give me." Her tone was hushed so that none would hear, just encase there was an enemy lurking somewhere near.

When the high priestess smiled it was as if the sun had appeared right in front of her in all its glory. Apollo had blessed his high priestess indeed. But the god was known for falling in love with beautiful women... and having the horrible luck that the women did not return his love. The distance between them was closer now, but still proper. After all to all parties Eldawen did appear to be a man. Privately the warrior wondered when it would be the best time to reveal her true gender to the high priestess so she wouldn't have to fear from her protector turning on her. Probably when they were alone in a secure area. After all, even to the king and queen of this land she was a male. It was only her beloved queen that had added the extra precaution.

"Exactly," nodded the blonde, "And I'm sure Apollo cares for the safety of his high priestess. Us mortals do not want to risk his wrath if something bad were to happen to you. And if my sources are correct, there have all ready been attempts on your life... you obviously need more protection than living in the temple can give you."

Another look of sympathy was directed towards the high priestess. If she weren't a man right now, she would offer a comforting arm on the shoulder, but that would probably make things worse. Yet at the same time, it was lifestyle "Isilion" could not comprehend. To not leave a certain place since she was four? Eldawen mentally shuddered. How... limiting! She needed more freedom than that, but that was probably fitting for someone who had earned the nickname "Wanderer Among the Stars." Her voice too lowered, they were now discussing secrets that unwanted ears should not hear. "Confronted with religion, men will act differently from their true natures. They think somehow the gods will not see through their act. You are correct to assume that the men out there will be much more dangerous outside of your temple. But do not your fear stop you, none of those men will lay a hand on you while I'm still around," she stated confidently. Perhaps it was hubris, but how could it be hubris if the Apollo honestly did not want his high priestess touched?

"And I'm sure somewhere in the back of your mind, either a tiny part or a large part, you're probably afraid of me too. I am after all a man," an amused smile crossed Eldawen's features because it was entirely not true, "But I have been chosen specifically for this mission by my queen. I'm not exactly into women." Nor really into men either, but that was irrelevant. Let the high priestess think her protector was a homosexual. If it gave her peace of mind, then that's what mattered.

Ryssa gasped and tried to cover her cheeks with her hands, no one had ever spoken to her in such a manner before. Her cheeks were such a rosy pink color that she looked slightly overheated. She didn't even know that there could be unions outside of husband and wife. She fanned her face lightly, trying to get the warmth to cool away. She knew next to nothing about sexual relationships - she had ever been pure - not even another's lips had dare stain hers. She'd never even had anyone who kissed her hand, like she had seen parishioners do to her King and Queen. Everyone had always stayed at a respectful distance, the only one allowed to touch her in anyway where the lower Priestesses - whom helped her to get dressed and ready for the days worship. She no longer remembered what it was like to have a hug.

"I am sorry, Mr. Elendil, do please forgive me..." She trailed off and looked slightly puzzled. "I've not had anyone speak to me like that. The concepts of relationships escapes my knowledge. The only truth that I have ever known is that I am the Consort to Mighty Apollo, his will is my will. His biding, my doing." She spoke with a quiet conviction and a deep will to please her god.

A small frown perched the ends of her lips down and she looked up at the stature of Apollo. Seeking him out for guidance. "I do not understand why these attempts have been made upon me. I have done nothing wrong and I am sure that I have never scorned anyone. Why this is happening, I do not know, but I have faith in my belief in Apollo and that I will be protected. Thous must be why you are here, good Sir." Looking back at him, the need for understanding shown bright in her eyes. She had no knowledge of her fate, she had no knowledge of the prophecy that had been made tied to her destiny.

((So pure, so dense. XD))

Realizing that she had been absolutely too blunt with the high priestess, "Isilion" sighed at his mistake. Really she should have realized that she couldn't be straight forward about these things with someone who had been brought up to be pure. But really! She was so blunt about everything, she absolutely hated dancing around the subject. It was better to spit it out and be done with it. Period. "I apologize for making you uncomfortable," stated the blonde, nodding her head in respect, "I'm a very straight forward person and would rather lay things out on the table, than leave them unsaid and have them grow into something ugly." She wasn't sure if the high priestess wanted out of her bubble or wished to remain in it, to Eldawen it didn't really matter. Although perhaps another person would have thought it a good thing that the high priestess become aware of the real world outside her temple.

"Anyways, you are correct in that you are Apollo's and Apollo's alone. That is the way it should be," the warrior said with a sound of conviction that matched the high priestess in every bit. "As for why these things are happening..." the woman paused for a bit, "There was a prophecy made in Hallinor by our royal oracle. That the high priestess of Apollo would be defiled that would bring upon Apollo's wrath on this world. My queen, a woman who cannot idly stand by as her kingdom and her subjects are put into danger, has sent one of her own to keep this from happening." A disgusted frown formed on her features, "As for why anyone would want to wish harm on one of the gods' chosen? I do not know. Idiots, the whole lot of them. Don't they know that we cannot oppose the gods' will in these matters?" She attempted to offer a comforting smile, "But like I said, as long as I live no harm will come to you." Her blue eyes met the green orbs of the priestess, "Do you know where you will be staying besides this temple?" Eldawen really disliked lying to her charge, she should know she was dealing with a woman and not a man as soon as possible. But the area would obviously have to be secured for her to reveal such a secret.

"Oh, no, that isn't what I meant at all!" She said trying to reassure him, she reached out her hand as if to touch him then remembered her place and let it drop. "I ask for your forgiveness, I didn't mean any offense in my statement. Its refreshing to have someone be so open and honest with me. I ask for nothing but the truth, Sirrah." Her voice was laced with sincerity and a need for knowledge. For so long people had been lying to her, shifting around her, trying to keep her wrapped up like a child. She was so tired of everyone sugarcoating things, so worn our from not feeling human and not having any type of contact.

Her mouth dropped open into a small O and her eyes widened in apparent shock. Now she understood why everyone pussyfooted around her, treated her so differently, and whispered behind her back. She knew that High Priestesses had always been treated differently, but she had been treated as if she were an enigma, something that if they touched they would burn for it as heathens. Her mind processed the information at a faster pace then normal. "I do not want to be the reason that brings Apollo's wrath down upon anyone." Her green eyes burned brightly with the passion to keep her people safe from harm. She would not be the reason for the worlds destruction.

With a frown, she shook her head no and began to pace back and fourth in front of him. Her hands shaken slightly and she tried to hide the fear from showing. "I've not been anywhere else outside of the Temple's of Apollo and the King and Queen's manor. I truely do not know where we should hide and I am so noticeable to my people, I would have to try and disguise my looks. I just... I don't know how to do such a thing." By the time she finished speaking, light shudders of fear ran through her body, truely shaken by the fate that was wrapped around her.

Back
Top Bottom