Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Suggestion The blocking feature/stolen content.

Bejeweled

diamonds in my eyes ♛
Supporter
Howdy, all. Definitely more of a question for current staff, but others are free to chime in.

The first layer of my question/suggestion is to refer back to an old thread here, referring to the blocking feature. Is this in plans to be developed? I would really love if people I have blocked wouldn't be able to read my content, specifically because of the second portion of my suggestion.

I've been here a while, and have had a few instances of people stealing my content without asking, or sometimes after asking and being told no. Sure, it's just request thread coding or small ideas here and there, but when the format and wording is the exact same, it makes me nervous that others will think that other account is me or vice versa, and I don't really want that happening. I've reported it a few times, and sometimes something is done and sometimes my stolen content is left up, and it's a little irritating that I can work hard on putting a request thread together and then have to delete it because someone else is allowed to use it, and my only way to have people not think we're the same person is to redo my own work entirely. It's making me avoid BMR entirely, and I don't want to give up on a site I both love and have spent a lot of time on.

I understand if this sounds petty, but I just figured I'd throw it out there, because it's now happened a handful of times. Maybe I'm the only one that deals with this, but I don't know what else to really do.

Any suggestions would be welcome.​

I remember this conversation. For now I would still definitely report any plagiarism that you find for sure.

I remember this conversation. For now I would still definitely report any plagiarism that you find for sure.
Oh, I do, or at least did in the past until - unfortunately, it's either "not enough" to take it down, or whatever the case may be. I still have to see it around the site knowing it's my work, and that person/those people can still view my content and steal my future coding, as well, so I figured I'd at least pitch this idea to see if it may be a future possibility.

Staff are discussing what can be done regarding the block function internally. We can't make any promises on this feature going through, but I just wanted to say it is something we are aware of and are trying to find if a solution can be fuond.

Staff are discussing what can be done regarding the block function internally. We can't make any promises on this feature going through, but I just wanted to say it is something we are aware of and are trying to find if a solution can be fuond.
In the meantime, could I also suggest a conversation regarding strictly defining what is and isn't "plagiarism" under the rules, and what would and wouldn't be enough to consider something copied from another user? To me, it seems like if anything is word-for-word or style-for-style copied, even lists of pairings (same wordings, that aren't common "prince x princess", and same order) or thread layout or what-have-you, it should be enough to say that it should be changed to meet that user's own style and not someone else's, but I have run into that not being the case, so I'm not sure what I should report and what would essentially just be wasting my/everyone's time.​

Back
Top Bottom