Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question Tips to make threads more attractive?

Intrusive

π™ΌπšŠπšπšŽ 𝚘𝚏 πšœπšžπš—πš•πš’πšπš‘πš.
Hi everyone!

Second post this week, I feel like a damsel in distress.

I wanted to ask if anyone had some good tips on how to make threads more attractive. I want to build a thread which I can then constantly update and focus on just that.

I'm always impressed when I see certain threads with shiny graphics, split into different pages, vibrant colours and all that and I would like to put some work in to make it as appealing, but truth is I don't know where to start and I also don't have any experience with code.

Any helpful tips which helped you make your thread stand out?

Thanks!

To make your own thread "pretty"...well, that's a somewhat subjective term, I suppose. Pretty to one person could be ugly and complicated to another.

However, you can start with these couple of resource pages:

Other than that, I would suggest that making your thread concise is a good start. Good formatting and some use of colouring will certainly help.

Typically, your RT should contain:
- a little about you and what you expect
- a little about what you like and dislike
- some story ideas you want to write, and/or pairings you enjoy

Don't make it too wordy, or people may not read it all; you could lose potential partners by bogging them down in information. By the same token, though, if you make it too short, you may cause potential partners to think you're not worth their time or effort. It's a tricky balancing act that has no real solution.

Ultimately, I think the best way to make your RT is to tailor it to the partners you'd like to attract, the people who you'd like to find that can complement your own writing style.

Good luck! :)

Hiya, everything Sync said, but also -

The design team is generally open to designing you an RT, including graphics.

You can find out more information here in terms of who you should contact, what info you should send, etc. Each of us have our own styles, and since 'making a thread pretty' is very subjective, I encourage you to look through and pick what works best with your aesthetics!

Back
Top Bottom