Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question Organization the RP's

SaintTyr

Planetoid
How do you organize your RP's?
I have one open for OOC and one for RP.
After a while, it becomes SO HARD TO MANAGE.

On discord it's GREAT because I make a server and we have multiple channels...

It can definitely become challenging to manage, especially if you have PMs several pages long.

For RPs via PM:
  • I have OOC and RP PMs. For heavy world building (WB), I either make a second OOC thread that's just character and WB-related or a Discord server (if your partner is open to it).
  • Another on-site option is to create a thread in the Character Sheets & World Building section.
  • Bonus PM organization tip: Create conversation folders. I have one for Active RPs, Inactive RPs, OOC, and Staff stuff. You can do this by clicking on your account and then going to Conversation Folders. After creating them, you'll be able to essentially add a tag to your PMs that makes it easier to filter.

For RPs via threads:
  • You can use the Character Sheets & World Building section or use the first post to keep track of notes, characters, and WB information. I recommend formatting (BBCode). A perk to writing in threads is you can edit whenever, there's no 12-hour limit like with PMs.

It can definitely become challenging to manage, especially if you have PMs several pages long.

For RPs via PM:
  • I have OOC and RP PMs. For heavy world building (WB), I either make a second OOC thread that's just character and WB-related or a Discord server (if your partner is open to it).
  • Another on-site option is to create a thread in the Character Sheets & World Building section.
  • Bonus PM organization tip: Create conversation folders. I have one for Active RPs, Inactive RPs, OOC, and Staff stuff. You can do this by clicking on your account and then going to Conversation Folders. After creating them, you'll be able to essentially add a tag to your PMs that makes it easier to filter.

For RPs via threads:
  • You can use the Character Sheets & World Building section or use the first post to keep track of notes, characters, and WB information. I recommend formatting (BBCode). A perk to writing in threads is you can edit whenever, there's no 12-hour limit like with PMs.
My LORD THIS HELPS ME OUT SO MUCH THANK YOU!
Conversation folders are great!

Something I did, was create my own Discord server, for Me Myself and I, and I put all the stuff I could want in there, like a thread tracker for all my rps sites, a channel for working on posts, and stuff like that. It worked wonders. Also Google Docs is good for that kind of thing, which is what I used to do.

Something I did, was create my own Discord server, for Me Myself and I, and I put all the stuff I could want in there, like a thread tracker for all my rps sites, a channel for working on posts, and stuff like that. It worked wonders. Also Google Docs is good for that kind of thing, which is what I used to do.
That sounds pretty cool. I might try that for the threads here. It's just that that would be quite some work.
Won't know til I try it. I do most of my RP's on discord anyway, but for the 2-3 I do here, I'll probably do that.

Back
Top Bottom