Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Teacher Isn't Always Right [Aember + Mei]

Josephine watched as Quinn settled into a seat before she shuffled in her seat, arranging her skirt and then shuffling her hands through a few papers on her desk. The particular papers that she was looking at were all part of a manilla file, no doubt pulled from her massive filing cabinent in the back. She was so intent on the papers that it almost seemed as if she'd forgotten that Quinn was there, but no-- Miss Dale knew exactly where he was.

However, when Quinn asked politely why he was in her office, Josephine looked up quickly, almost as if she was a bit surprised. Her sharp eyes crinkled slightly at the corners, and her pink lips pursed as she regarded Quinn carefully.

"Well, Quinn," the woman started in a full, low voice. She had a 'radio voice'-- smooth and not scratchy as some woman's voices could prove to be. "You are in my office because I have gotten. . .a complaint that you have been acting quite not like yourself. Is there anything wrong going on at home, Quinn?"

Curiously, Josephine's head tilted to the side, her eyes kind as she watched Quinn, though she was ready to pick apart his brain like a vulture. She watched his eyes, mainly, but also his mouth and eyebrows, watching for a subtle change in expression, or anything that would help her understand why Mr. Reynolds (what the hell was John's last name? xD) had issued such a complaint. She didn't doubt that Quinn had acted out-- she was trying to understand why.

• [[Laminsky, I think it was. XD]]

Ah, had he caught her off guard when he asked her why he was called here? The sudden look up at him certainly seemed to prove so, after all. Perhaps she was expecting him to grow uncomfortable, sitting here without knowing. That was certainly interesting, but Quinn didn't say anything. Oh, a complaint? Well, well, who could that have been from? Frankly, he wasn't all that surprised that John had made a. . . Ah, how had she put it? A 'complaint'.

He arched an eyebrow at her last question - was something going on at home? That was a rather ridiculous question to ask, and Quinn shook his head, looking supremely unconcerned with the question and the careful stare. "No, nothing is wrong at home. It's normal, you know? Parents bugging me about homework, the annoying siblings. . . The usual." He gave a small shrug.

Despite the look of non-concern on the outside, on the inside, Quinn was absolutely furious that John had made this complaint. Why the hell did he feel the need to make this complaint? It was absolutely ridiculous! He hadn't raped the man after all, and he had held him and been sweet to him. He refrained from grinding his teeth, and managed to keep a passive face. "Is there anything else, Miss Dale?"

[[YES! Polish. Thank you. xDDDD;]]

Pursing her lips, Miss Dale listened to the answer to her question, pausing to think for a moment once it was all out. To her, it was a very viable question-- problems at home could be the key reason as to why Quinn was becoming moody. Abuse, or even the slightest bit of tention at home could severely change a child's additute at school, and with his teachers. Even more, Miss Dale was almost required to ask such a question in these cases seeing as if it was abuse she would be required to report it to the police. It was a very necessary question.

"Yes, there is more, Quinn," Josephine replied, her eyes flashing slightly as she wondered about Quinn's rush. Was he getting agitated? Was that why he inquired as to the ending point of their conversation?

"Quinn, are you having girlfriend trouble?" Miss Dale paused, knowing that this question would need some explaining. "I'm just trying to understand why I would be recieving complaints that a student like you, who has had no trouble at this school in the past, would suddenly be acting out in class. The complaint is that you were even becoming increasingly violent. Now, would you care to explain?"

Josephine's sharp eyes returned to their duty: watching Quinn even more carefully now that her full intent was out on the floor. Her hands forgot the papers and instead they laced together, resting on the file as she leaned toward Quinn, intent on his answer.

• No, he wasn't getting agitated - not that he could really tell. He couldn't see from the counselors eyes, after all, but he certainly hoped that he wasn't coming off as irritated. He simply wanted this to be done and over with, and to return to class. And then after school was over, he'd have to see John about this. There was no need for this, after all. He had been perfectly civil towards the teacher after he had refrained from forcing sex on the blonde. Civil - no, really, he was civil towards him.

And damn her sharp eyes - it was so irritating to know that she was scrutinizing his every movement. It was like being with Kelsey all over again, having his every word and movement analyzed, trying to discern hidden things that weren't really there. No wonder he preferred guys - girls were simply annoying, with how they wanted to get into his psyche and emotions. Just shut up, he wanted to shout, if I'm going to open up to you, I will! Don't force it!

"My girlfriend's annoying, yes, and I plan on breaking up with her," Quinn said slowly, "But I see no actual causation between me wanting to break up with my girlfriend and my becoming. . . What was it? 'Increasngly violent.'" He paused. "Do you have any actual scenarios where I have been 'increasingly violent'?" Unless John actually told her about how he had almost raped him, she would really have no proof besides a teacher's word about his behaviour.[/list:u]

"Frustrations with a girlfriend could cause stress, which leads to violence or rapid change in emotions," Miss Dale replied shortly, almost dismissively, as Quinn passively inquired as to how the question connected with the complaint she'd recieved. Her lips pursed again before smoothing out. Josephine regarded Quinn and then sat up, her posture perfectly straight and her eyes still calculating, as if she was wondering whether or not to confide in Quinn.

She did have two options after all. Say that yes, they did have particular scenarios of how he'd become increasingly violent, and that he needed help from a psychologist. Or she could admit that while no, she had no specific examples, she knew that no teacher would falsely say that a student was becoming violent. John's note showed care about his student's welfare, and that wasn't something that Miss Dale would easily put off.

Josephine decided on the latter.

"No, the teacher that filed the complaint did not give me any specific examples. But Quinn, this teacher is showing concern over your well-being, and I know that. No teacher on this campus would express such a concern falsely. So why don't you tell me? What, specifically, have you done to warrant such a complaint?" Miss Dale asked, her tone soft but frank.

• "It's not a frustration," he said sharply. He'd never have taken this sort of tone with most other adults, but he was simply getting so annoyed at this . . .therapy session. What was a waste of time. "It's more of a lack of interest on both of our parts," Quinn amended, looking thoughtful. Well, that was the truth. Kelsey only really clung to him because of his reputation and the rumors of him being damn good in bed (honestly, the teen cold brag here, but he'd rather stay humble), and him being handsome were merely brownie points. And Quinn had never had much interest in her in the first place. The way things usually worked with him was that he'd 'date' someone, and then dump him within the week.

Josh and a few of his close friends didn't approve of his manwhorish behaviour, but whatever. Quinn didn't care - he'd respect their opinions and take them into account, but still. It was his life and his choice, so they could go and fuck off.

And that stuck-up bitch sitting in front of him had better tell the truth - because he knew that there was no way John would actually tell her that Quinn had nearly raped him. That was just far too emasculating for the man. So, come on. Tell the truth, Miss Dale, because I'll know if you're lying.

"I have done nothing to warrant such a complaint - perhaps what he has seen as increased aggression is merely playfulness with my friends. After all, just because I occasionally punch my friend Josh doesn't mean I'm abusing my friend." Quinn shrugged; this was getting completely and utterly boring. Besides, he simply couldn't wait for after school when he could sit down and have a little. . . talk with John.[/list:u]

The woman's eyes narrowed slightly when Quinn's tone turned sharp. It was almost as if she was making a mental note of his behavior, and what pushed his buttons that made him snap at her in such a manner. Really, she hadn't said anything offensive-- simply, she had been answering his question in the most non-offensive manner. Quinn's change in tone and mood while replying was something of concern, and the way that he tried to amend the comment was a bit odd as well. Call it a hunch, but she knew something was wrong-- she just had to watch Quinn more. Eventually that something -- be it outside frustrations, or a mental problem-- would show itself soon enough.

"Quinn," Ms. Dale said in a quiet, soothing manner, her eyes normal again and kind, "I said nothing about abuse, or physical violence." Indeed, she'd only stated that there had been reports of him becoming increasingly aggressive, and violent, which could mean either physical aggression and violence or verbal aggression and violence. In that manner, Quinn had all but spelt out what he had done to John. Ms. Dale leaned over her desk slightly, eagerly, and looked at Quinn straight in the eye.

"Are you sure there's nothing you wish to tell me, then? Why don't you explain to me what you have done. I want to help you, Quinn, but I need to know what's going on, and why you feel the need to become violent. And if you don't tell me, I'm afraid I will have to refer you to mandatory psych meetings with the school pshychiatrist. That means getting your parents involved as well, Quinn," the woman explained, then leaned back slightly again. Carefully, she watched Quinn.

• The teen blinked, and forced himself to relax slightly, and leaned back in his seat, as he regarded the woman. Alright, so maybe he had gotten a little defensive here. . . But it was just annoying that John had gotten a third party involved in this. This was between him and John, not between him and John and Mrs. Dale. But now he gave a small sigh, and pressed his lips together, snakebites pressing against his upper lip. And now he realized he had been quite stupid, snapping like that. He had practically told her what he had done (sort of) to John.

"No, Mrs. Dale. There is nothing that I wish to tell you. And it doesn't matter what you tell my parents, because frankly, their not interested in my school and personal life. The most that they will do is to call our family lawyer and sue for harassment, whether or not they will win. So please, let's just drop this so I may return to class. I do have my valedictorian status to uphold," he said. No, if his parents did get wind up this, they probably would call their lawyer and sue the school. That was how his parents worked - when in doubt, threaten legal action and pull all funding for that group, which usually worked, sadly enough. And his parents really didn't care about him - why should they? They were only concerned with their social status, and if their kids made them look bad, that was the only time they would interfere.

Granted, when Quinn had gotten piercings and tattoos, his parents had thrown a shit-fit, but then decided that it would give them a slight edge, an almost 'hip' status amongst their friends. But oh, when his sister had gotten into pilates and yoga - all that new-age shit - oh, man. . . They had disowned Clarissa with a snap of their fingers. Being into new-age shit like that, it was a complete and utter disgrace to their reputation.

Now, Quinn had stood up, and grabbed his backpack that was on the floor next to the chair. "I'm sorry Mrs. Dale, but I must insist on returning to my class," he said. Inside, though. . .He was fuming. He was just so damn pissed that John had gotten her involved. Jesus fucking Christ, what the hell was he thinking? And just as well - English was his last class, and he'd being staying afterward to have a small talk with him. Right. Talk.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Frankly, Ms. Dale couldn't help but feel sorry for Quinn. She knew there was something profoundly wrong-- she could sense it, almost like a mother's intuition-- and yet Quinn would not open up to her and let her help him get better. And without an initial connection, she couldn't really do anything else but force him to see her on a regular basis. Even then, she didn't think that he would open up much so he could get help. What also saddened her was the long rant on his parent's disattachment. But what could she expect?

A small sigh left her lips, but her eyes never faultered. They watched Quinn as he rose and grabbed his backpack. Ms. Dale rose at the same time, though she couldn't really stop Quinn. She was much smaller both in heigth and in weight. "Quinn, I really must insist you sit down--" she tried, her voice stern, but it seemed like she couldn't stop him from leaving. Once he was gone, Ms. Dale sighed and sat down in her chair, looking down at Quinn's file almost pathetically.

---

Knowing that Quinn was being taken care of was a weight lifted off of John's shoulders. In such a state, the day flew by, though as time neared sixth period, he became increasingly paranoid about what Quinn would do about John's interference. Honestly, John only wanted to help Quinn out. It was with the best intentions in mind! But that temper was legendary, and John shuddered to think what would happen if the counselor couldn't take care of things.

As the bell for sixth period rang he looked around the room, tensely. Oh, he would be in for a surprise come the end of the period. . .

Back
Top Bottom