Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Nearly forgotten birthday. (barelyAiwake x frost11111)

barelyAiwake

Super-Earth
Janna Dufresne
ezgif.com-gif-maker (21).jpg 45
5’11
Dyed dark blonde hair
Green eyes

She’s always been a hard working woman. Wanting to rise in her career. She never married, but she was engaged. To the father of her daughter. He’d talked about having a family and convinced her to pause her career to have a child. But when she’d become pregnant he’d become distant till he left her completely.
At the age of 28 she had a daughter, she loves her but she thinks the best way to provide for her is to keep aiming for the top.

At 45 she met a man, her daughter's tutor/ impromptu babysitter. She wanted a relationship but wasn’t looking for anything serious and a woman at work told her how amazing her younger boyfriend was. That gave her the idea of propositioning the tutor. He dated her, spends time with her sometimes and he can stay at her place anytime, and she helps pay for his schooling. As well as increasing his pay as her daughter's tutor. They’ve been together nearly a year. And She’s content with their limited interaction. And that her daughters not all alone when she’s away at work.

Rob King
9b93e2143eecf24174e976bd3fa9a4ce.jpg 24
6’
Dirty blonde hair
Green eyes

Tristine Dufresne
images (20).jpg 17
5’6
Silver white hair
Dark ruby eyes

Tristine, or Tris as she prefers to go by is your average high school student. She lives with her single mother who spends a lot of her time working. So she spends a lot of time home alone. Amusing herself with whatever, or whomever strikes her fancy at the moment. She’s your average student, B’s and C’s, she has friends. Is on the shy side. Loves playing video games, watching anime, and movies, swimming, going on walks, Writing.
When she was still 16 her mother hired a tutor to help get her grades up. He was relatively young and she had to admit kind of cute. They’d had a few things in common and while he’d helped her grades improve they became friends. And she had a crush on him. That is till he started dating her mom. She felt weird around him and even though he didn't sleep with her mom often it still made her feel... Icky when she'd think about him.

More than a little jealous she had stopped interacting with him unless they'd had to. Which was annoying since he was around a lot. Especially when her mom was away, she didn't like her being alone so often. But they’d become distant so it was a little awkward. She would often go to a friends house, or hide out in her room.

Rob sighed deeply as he drove home. The woman could be so frustrating sometimes, he thought as he pulled up to his home. He had been "dating" Janna for about a year now but only out of convenience. The same could have been said for her since they barely did much together. Perhaps it was because she was using him so she would not appear alone to others when she dragged him to her social events. He knew it was to make her look good but at the same time he felt trapped in a loveless relationship. She cared more about her job than anyone else which was apparent even today.

It was her daughter's birthday and it looked like she had forgotten again. No cake or gifts were aquired so he felt her had to step up. Sure it did not quite make things better but at least it would make Tris feel less shitty about her own situation. Rob had been tutoring her for the better of a year and he had to admit he liked Tris. She was almost the exact opposite of her mother. She was kind and caring and actually remembered dates and the like. If it was not for her Rob would have been miserable.

He got out of his car with cake in hand as well as a necklace with a ruby heart to match her eyes. He made his way inside before locking up. His eyes scanned the area and so far found no signs of Tris. She was probably hiding in her room again. She had been distant as of late with him. Maybe today he could finally break that barrier back down. He missed their banter. He set the cake on the counter with the jewelry box with the necklace next to it. He than walked up to her room and knocked. "Tis you in there?" He asked.

It had been a long few days. Tris had come home from school, it was a half day. She’d been excited about it just monday, but currently she didn’t give a damn about it. It was vacation next week, and her and her boyfriend were going to be going out of town with some friends of theirs. That is till she was studying over his house and found a picture her former friend had sent him. Where she was shirtless and saying she couldn’t wait to see him later. It started a fight which resulted in him claiming he was clueless as to why she sent it, and her ending up with his phone. Her seeing that he knew exactly why she’d sent the message.

So needless to say she was now single, and she wasn’t going on the trip over the vacation. And she’d just been overly angry especially with her “friends” who knew what was going on and said nothing.

She laid on her bed staring at the ceiling wondering where her mother was. She knew it wasn’t a big deal but it was her birthday the woman had said she made sure she would be home. Though in reality she knew it was a 50/50 chance her promise was useless. It was just going on at 3 when her phone vibrated. ~Honey, I’m sorry. We’ve been working on a project and one of the team members destroyed important information. We all have to stay the weekend and reconstitute the data and finish the project for the presentation on Monday. Sorry sweetie. Happy Birthday~ she read the text, dropping her phone on the bed. “Why am I actually surprised?” She asked herself.

She pulled herself out of bed finally changing out of her school uniform. She opened her second drawer pulling out a pair of
shorts and a cropped t-shirt. Getting changed she’d heard a voice. Knowing who it was she finished getting dressed, stepping into her slippers as she opened her door and looked up at him cocking her head.

Rob smiled as she open the door. He tried his best not to look her over as she stepped out in such a nice arrangement of clothes. "Happy birthday Tris. I got some cake and a gift for you so why don't you come down and open your present. We'll have dinner, enjoy some cake, and try to make your birthday a little bit more memorable." Rob said as nodded his head knowing full well that her mother would not be joining them but not realizing that she would be gone the entire weekend.

Furthermore he had no idea that she had just broken up with her boyfriend. In his mind, the only thing that mattered was trying to make her feel better on her birthday and forget about the fact that her mother probably had forgot. Rob knew that the cake he bought was her favorite and he hoped she enjoyed the necklace that he had bought for her. Either way, if she didn't like it, at least he had tried.

"I know your mother probably is at work right now, so why don't we break out some wine and celebrate. It'll be our little secret tris." He said grinning as once more he tried to lift her spirits.

Surprised by him being at her door, and even more by him claiming he’d got her something for her birthday. She honestly could recall the last time she’d done more than get a present and maybe some cake before her mother had to go off and do something to earn the big girl money she enjoyed so much.

When he’d commented on her mother not being home she nodded. “Yes. She’d sent me a text letting me know she and her “Team” had to work the weekend to finish some kind of presentation before Monday. So she wasn’t going to be home.” She told him. “Then like Tuesday, or Wednesday the woman’s supposed to go out of town on business till like Saturday.” She sighed. “Whatever. I don’t care.” She only half lied. Her mother was gone more than she was home, it’s how it’s always been even before he’d arrived.

She gave him a look knowing for some reason he was trying to cheer her up though that would prove a harder task as she’d been ignored by her mother, cheated on by her boyfriend. And almost worst of all they were going to go to an anime convention and she was stuck home for the week.” She pouted for a moment till she shook her downcast feelings aside. She thanked him as she’d walked past him out of her room.

Rob sighed as she admitted that her mother wasn't going to be home very often. The woman was quite cruel to her own daughter. It was clear to him that Tris expected that her mother would not be around. In fact it almost seemed as though she counted on it. That in of itself was a little depressing to watch. Rob was committed to at least helping her feel better even if it was only a little bit.

He turned and followed her towards the dining room where the cake and gift were on display. He watched to see her reaction as he was curious. You wanted to know how she might respond. He kind of hoped that she would be a little happy about this. After all he went through a few hopes to make sure the cake was right. He even handpicked the necklace.

"Well happy birthday Tris. I hope that tonight is more memorable and a happy memory at that." Rob said as he smiled. He had to admit at the very least the cake looked good and was her favorite. Rob made sure of that as he wanted her to enjoy even a small bit of pleasure on her birthday. Her mother might not care but at the very least Rob did.

Walking beside him down the hallway she sighed heavily honestly not feeling very hungry but she wanted to humor him at least. They made it down the hall coming to the small living room which had a small dining table just before the kitchen door. She saw he’d got her a cake and had it on display. She looked at it confused as they walked closer till she was standing beside the table.

She looked down at the table confused. It wasn’t much, but it was definitely more than she was expecting given her mother's absence. And her friend's betrayal. Her other friends had known and chosen not to tell her so she figured she knew where they all stood. She stood staring down at the cake her eyes blank for a bit, her bangs falling loose hiding her face from his view.

He couldn’t right away see a few tears falling to her cheeks. “My birthday doesn’t really mean anything… And it’s just been shit honestly. “ She said with a nod sighing. “Thank you for trying to make it better…” She said as she turned to wrap her arms around him pressing her young curvy figure tightly to his. “Seems like you’re the only one who gave a crap.” She sighed with a pitiful chuckle.

Rob smiled before hugging her tightly in return. "I'm sorry about that tish. I just wanted you to be happy on your birthday. It does mean something to me at the very least. It's never think that it doesn't mean anything at all. You do matter Tish. He said Softly before looking her in the eye with a smile on his lips. Now why don't you go ahead and open your gift. I picked it out specifically just for you and I'm curious on how you might react to it. The very least I want to see if you really like it or not." He said encouraging her to at least get someone of a mood to celebrate. On the other hand, at the very least they could at least enjoy some of the alcohol on her mother's expense.

He didn't care if the old bat didn't come back till next week. Tonight was all about celebrating her special day with at least one person who gave a shit about her. Rob continue to smile and show a brave face despite hearing what she had to go through with her mother.

For a second he wondered why her boyfriend wasn't here either but he was thankful that today he would get to show her a different side of himself. Perhaps today would be the day they would regain their friendship. After all he had missed talking to her like this.

Back
Top Bottom