Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

/Walking in a Winter Wonderland/-me and Shori-

TheDarkerMe

Supernova
Winter stood at the edge of the sidewalk, snow was falling heavily around her. In her hand was clutched tightly an envelope. It was the fourth such letter she would be sending this year. She had never sent more letters in her life, more letters to Santa Clause. She sighed as her head tilted back and she looked up at the snow. The letter within was similar to the other four she had sent. Simply written on crisp white paper, written with her calligraphy set.

Sleigh bells ring, are you listening,
in the lane, snow is glistening
A beautiful sight,
we're happy tonight,
walking in a winter wonderland.

She liked making her letters pretty, she figured it might make them stand out a little more to the Big Man. But so far, she was just nervous that they had actually made it there. She really hoped they had, she was really a true believer, for she knew it was true. Santa was real. The letter was put into the box, as she stepped away and put her hands in her pockets. She was clad in simple jeans, and a white sweater. Her hair was in a ponytail and brushed her mid back. Since the ponytail was at the mid part at the back of her head. She wiggled her nose for a moment as she pulled her hat down.

Gone away is the bluebird,
here to stay is a new bird
He sings a love song,
as we go along,

Her parents wouldn't be showing up till well after the new year. She walked back down the sidewalk towards the house which her parents owned, where she stayed. It was pretty high on the market, but that didn't seem to matter to the ice crafted girl. Ice crafted in the fact that she could easily fit in amongst the snow around her. Pale blond hair, and icy blue eyes. Pale skin that burned in certain lights. She pulled her key from her pocket and opened the houses door, closing it and then kicking off her boots. Maybe making some Hot Chocolate would be a good idea. Christmas was just two days away....

Gone away is the bluebird,
here to stay is a new bird
He sings a love song,
as we go along,

She silently laid out all the ingredients for the hot chocolate. As that was going, she silently worked her way towards all the ingredients that she needed for cookies. Silently she mixed the ingredients and then worked them together with her hands. The mixture was sticky and gooey, and as she mixed more flour in it became cookie dough. She rolled out the sugary mess and then made it capable of cookie cutting.

Later on, we'll conspire,
as we dream by the fire
To face unafraid,
the plans that we've made,

She whistled a soft song as she made the shapes that would form her cookies. She stirred the cream on the oven quickly, and mixed in the chocolate to it that would make her Hot chocolate. When that was done she returned to working on the cookies. It was an easy process of putting them on the cookie sheet. When that was done she made a few changes to them, with a spoon edge. When they where baked and done, she would decorate them.

In the meadow we can build a snowman,
and pretend that he's a circus clown
We'll have lots of fun with mister snowman,
until the other kids knock him down.

Hot chocolate was done, she poured it into a mug and added whipped cream. Reclining on the counter, her eyes closed slowly. Pale white depths vanishes as pain laced through her chest. She really did feel alone now, all alone with just a cup of hot chocolate. Her nanny was gone for the holidays. Came in the morning and left before five. It was almost seven now, and she was just waiting for her cookies to be done baking. Watched cookies didn't bake right, she always thought.

When it snows, ain't it thrilling,
Though your nose gets a chilling
We'll frolic and play, the Eskimo way,

It took a bit of time, but finally the cookies where done. When they where, she pulled them out and set them to cool. Minutes later she was starting the decoration process. Fully ornate Christmas trees, bells and stars... She loved this, it so relaxed her. Made her feel like she could forget for a few moments... just how alone she was.

Walking in a winter wonderland,

And up in the North Pole, a letter arrived on the magic of the Holidays. The female elf held it and stared at the snow designs on the envelope. The name made her heart leapt, the girl really was desperate to feel loved? She sighed as she held the letter to her chest and ran to the Arch Elf. He would know where the big man was, so many letters from one person? This was a really really desperate girl. "Bernard...Another letter from Winter!" She exclaimed faintly. Bernard would know what she meant, as she held out the letter and bowed down and left. Inside the envelope was this simple letter:

Dear Santa,

Another letter, another request. It's the same as before, since I know you can't change the way people act easily. I would love for a companion during the Christmas Season, I am tired of being alone. The gifts from family don't fill the emptiness I feel when I am alone at home. Even giving to the Woman and Children's shelter doesn't seem to help me much.

So please Santa, I am an adult now... at least by peoples standards. I am still a true believer, I beg you that I don't want to be alone during these seasons. A season when being alone causes such an ache... I've been good, I've done all I could to help others... I ask this simply in return...

Always a Believer,
Winter

Back
Top Bottom