Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Bring on the Night: Nera and Dionysus

Nathan was just as shocked as Elijah was, and if the young hunter looked closely at the look on Nathan's face he would possibly realize this. "I didn't know. I didn't know any of this. For all I know you were the damned one who set me up! You tell me I am going to the church, where I will be safe, and your god damn hunter is his slave! How the fuck could you not have known?"

The younger vampire snarled in the hunters direction when Devan, the elder vampire started marching over to both of them, a satisfied look on his face. "Neither of you knew, if that makes you feel any better. It was a coincidence. One that benefited me greatly. And that is all. You are both going to pay for crossing me. I do hope you realize this. You are not getting away with it."

“They would never! We’re hunters, dedicated to killing creatures like you. To think we’d align ourselves with our prey is preposterous!” Elijah snapped, but he knew all too well that it was all fake, a desperate attempt to comfort himself. He looked back at his fellow hunters, people he considered his damn allies! “It’s all…All of you..” The hunter began, but he couldn’t even bring himself to yell any more; Devan was marching towards them both, and the reality of the situation was starting to finally set in.

Elijah backed up, taking a step back for every step Devan took forward. “I’ll cut you down if you come any closer.” He warned, an empty threat in reality, yet he felt the need to at least try to come up with something. In reality, Elijah was painfully aware of the fact he was unarmed, not even a small blade on his person to defend himself.

Nathan stood between Elijah and Devan, as if he was going to be able to protect him. "You'll have to kill me before you touch him. I promised him freedom. Something I never had, and you will not take that away from me. You will not take that away from him!"

Nathan knew as he confronted his sire that to do so was to court death but he did not care. He wanted to find some way to try and keep his promise. He did not think it was possible, but if he had to die to give the other a chance to run. He was prepared to do so.

Devan stopped dead in front of Nathan, and backhanded him, sending him against the walls of the church, hard enough he cracked the wood on the walls. "You would die for a hunter?"
The vampire glanced back, expecting that Elijah probably had taken the chance to try and run.

Elijah froze in place at the sudden gesture, watching as the vampire who he'd thought betrayed him put himself in harms way all for him. Perhaps it was all an act, just like his fellow hunters insisting on sending them to the church had been, but if it was well...it was working. Elijah - ever the emotional one - couldn't help but feel guilt well up inside of him. Clearly Nathan was just another victim of Devan's, another innocent life that had been cursed with immortality and a thirst for blood; a victim which Elijah had been so openly hurling insults at. And yet, here he was...protecting him.

Maybe that was what kept there, maybe that's what foolishly drove Elijah to lunge himself at Devan or perhaps was it that he saw some of his former friend in Nathan? Whatever it was, Elijah couldn't bring himself to run and to leave Nathan alone, not with that monster. "Get off him!" The young hunter yelled, taking the chance to clutch a piece of the rubble from the assault in his palm, bringing it across Devan's cheek. It was a brutish attack, filled with no careful planning nor grace that he often carried himself with, an attack fuelled only by some sort of animalistic instinct hell bent on survival; except now, he wanted that for the both of them.

In his wildest dreams, Nathan never saw this moment coming. Yes he saw himself running into Devan again, but he always assumed he would just lay down and die. He had not wanted this life, he did not know how he was going to endure it, until he realized he could see a purpose in helping others, and in this one man in particular, even if the hunter did not trust him, even if he hated him. Even if he wanted to destroy him.

After Devan back handed him knocking him into the wall, and looked back, expecting that Elijah had run, Nathan expected it too. But he did not see that. No instead he saw the mortal stand up to Devan, with the same passion and zeal to survive. For both of them to.

He knew in this moment whatever happened, the two of them were in this together, and it made it a whole lot easier. to come at Devan sinking fangs into the flesh of the elders arm. Perhaps he could drain him dry, use his own strength against him and all the minions of hell. Maybe there was a reason to keep fighting after all.

Devan stumbled backwards as Nathan lunged at him with his supernatural speed, just as Elijah hit him with a piece of rubble. He stumbled backwards, nearly falling over in the process. Stunned, and livid. "How dare you!" Devan tried to cry as he moved to try and knock his childe off of him, before he took too much.

Elijah himself was pretty shaken up by the sudden attack, looking back at the vampire with a brief bewildered glance, but that was all. They didn't have time to talk things over, hell they barely had time to act. The hunter took his chance, bringing the rubble back down against Devan with as much force as he could muster, it'd be easier for Nathan to drink from him if the damn beast was busy fighting off Elijah and his frenzied attacks.

The hunter couldn't deny the feeling of satisfaction he got as he brought the rock down, feeling it connect with the icy cold flesh of the undead beast was euphoric, foolish perhaps but euphoric none the less. "Just fucking die already!" Elijah snapped at him, a desperate cry but he needed to let it out, needed to see Devan suffer for all he'd done

The pastor and the hunters, well they were proving to be rather useless to Devan in that moment, deciding they would stay out of it. Maybe they were unwilling to risk their lives. Perhaps secretly hoping their master would lose too.

Devan was weakening. He was in some deep shit one could obviously see. He was weakening. He fell to the ground, flailing about. There was definitely a sense of euphoria as Nathan feasted on the blood of the elder vampire. Much more than ever before, enough he knew it would make him powerful and formidable, should he survive.

It seemed that not only would they might survive, they would claim victory over the elder Devan Vincent. Only this was not meant to be. Another vampire had come onto the scene. He grabbed Nathan by the back of the neck and tossed him at the church, this time straight through it and inside of it. Two other vampire lackeys came on the scene. Upon the glance given by this even older and more powerful vampire they both came, one grabbing Elijah, and one grabbing Nathan.

"You owe me big time for this, little brother." The Ancient vampire said as he stood there, barking orders. "Take them back to the manor. Its time for me to clean house. Apparently Devan, you need it." With that, the pair of would be usurpers were carried away.

Back
Top Bottom