Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Bring on the Night: Nera and Dionysus

Nera9948

Star
Devan Vincent made his way through the dark night, his thirst for blood driving him as it had every night since he was turned into a Vampire over a thousand years before. He had his prey of choice. Gorgeous women and the pretty boys that stalked the streets for something else. He liked the ones dripping with the need for sex like he craved the blood. It excited him, and made the thrill of the chase that much better.

He caught sight of a young woman that had exited a club. Not one that he frequented or anything. Just a club. He gave her a glance that invited, and followed her into the nearby alley, where he proceeded to feed from her. She had no idea that this was going to be her last kiss as they stood under the moonlight together. Or at least it would be if he were not interrupted.

Revenge, that was all Elijah Winters could think about. Logic and reason were gone, his mind clouded with rage as he made his way through the night, stalking around in the dark like the prey he often hunted; vampires, disgusting parasites that fed off of human blood. Tragically, Elijah's best friend of almost twenty years had fallen victim to one, left in some alleyway to rot. It made Elijah's stomach churn just remembering the sight. Oh he'd seen victims of a vampire multiple times, but none with the face of a loved one.

That was why he was out here at this ungodly hour, shoving past crowds of drunk party goers stumbling home or to the next club. He must of been tailing this vampire for a good hour, watching from afar as he it lurked through alleys like a rat and entered the club. Elijah waited outside, knowing damn well the vermin would bring some innocent person out rather soon.

It didn't take long before the vampire and a rather intoxicated young woman came stumbling out beside it and down the very dark passage that it had just come from. Elijah held his breath, his hand slowly reaching into his inner coat pocket and retrieving a sharpened stake, though of course he was armed with a blade, rosaries and holy water just in case. He wrapped one of the many rosaries he carried around the wooden spike, following them into the alley. Once he saw it feeding however, Elijah saw red. With his mind filled with nothing but hatred and revenge, he aimlessly lunged at the beast and threw him off the young woman, not taking into account however that the lunge also left him somewhat disorientated.​

Devan was caught off guard as the hunter came out of nowhere, knocking him off the young woman. He was more than a little pissed off in that moment. Someone had dared to interrupt his nightly feeding. This was not something he could tolerate. To make things more interesting, the man had tried to kill him. He had to teach him a less for that as well.

The woman already was down the street, running away from them, and totally not understanding what had just happened. "Damn you, you pesky hunter!" Devan replied as he shoved the man backwards against the wall. His speed was beyond that of a mortal, but he was not even using his full speed in the moment. He was only operating around normal human capacity, because he always believed in saving the best for last.

"You don't know what you are dealing with, fucking with me. But I will show you before all is said and done, don't you worry your little heart about that." The Vampire Lord assured him as he stood there waiting for another attack. He was going to have a little fun with this one.

A grunt escaped Elijah's lips as his back hit the wall, the sheer force of the slam almost willing the vampire hunter to collapse. But collapse he did not. Though somewhat shaken up, his hand reached into his coat pocket, fumbling around for a few seconds as the vampire hurled his insults and empty threats. Finally, his palm clasped around what he had been searching for; a blessed cross.

Elijah practically ripped it from his pocket, pressing it into the pale cheek of the beast. It seemed to drop him, on purpose or from the surprise of the attack he was not sure, and so the young hunter scrambled back to his sharpened stake. His hands grabbed at it as they had that cross moments before, raising himself up from the ground and bracing himself for a fight.

Perhaps if he had been more level headed he would have recognised that this vampire would not be slain by a single hunter, it was the job of those much higher above him in rank. But level headed was not the word to describe Elijah at the moment. And so, rather foolishly, the vampire hunter came running at the vampire, a stake in one hand and a blade coated in holy water in the other.​

When Elijah pressed the cross into his cheek, Devan was a little surprised. He fell back a little, but it was feigning being harmed. "You watch too many horror movies. The cross does not work with us. You will never get to find out what does."

With that Devan rushed the other man, knocking him against the wall with his full strength and speed. He would endeavor to knock the man out, and he might or might not hear as he hit the wall.

"I'm done playing with you." The Vampire Lord was no longer amused. He would change that shortly.

When Elijah woke up he would be chained to the wall in what looked like the Vampire Lords dungeon. "Good morning. Trust you slept well. Welcome to your new home. Head hurt?"

The dirty floor of an alleyway was the last thing Elijah could remember, well that and a sudden indescribable pain, as his world went back. Though it wasn’t long before he was quickly ripped out of that darkness, jolting awake as if he had been trapped in some kind of nightmare.

Upon seeing the Vampire stood above him, Elijah instinctively tried to grab him, lurching forward only to be sharply pulled back by…chains? Manacles kept his wrists attached, whilst a collar around his neck seemed to keep the rest of him chained. “Fuck you.” The hunter spat, eyes filled with that same rage “Let me out of here and I won’t kill you.”​

"How cute," Devan replied as the hunter struggled against his chains. The Vampire Lord was obviously quite amused by what was going on around him, and the show that he felt that Elijah was putting on. He was certainly more amused by this than he was by the fight that he had captured him in to begin with. "You offering not to kill me. I'm shaking in my boots right now, hunter. Absolutely terrified. I want my mother even."

Devan took a step closer to the hunter, as if sizing him up and just looking at him for the first time, seeing him with eyes of twisted desire. "You really fucked up big time on this one, Elijah. No one even knows to look for you right? You came alone. You are alone. Noone here except me. And I can do whatever I want to and with you."

“Don’t belittle me, vermin.” Elijah continued to snap, his anger filling his desire to hurt this thing in front of him, to lash out at it for it did. Yet anger could only sustain one’s will for so long and the other’s shameless reminder of his situation made the vampire hunter finally shut up. He’d went against his superior’s orders with this, taken supplies and fled, not telling anyone where he planned to go. Fuck, fuck…

His situation was starting to look grim, after all he’d given it his all during that little altercation in the alleyway and all it took was a full strength blow from the vampire to end things swiftly. That alongside the fact that Elijah was chained up really highlighted the difference in power between the two and it was though he was finally seeing it for the first time.

“If you’re going to kill me make it quick, I’ve been told the venom of a vampire bite should numb the pain.” Elijah muttered, glaring up at the man

"Well you do know something after all." Devan said for the first time looking at Elijah without that grin on his face, as he got terribly serious. "Yes if I choose to I can numb the pain one would expect from such a bite. I can even make it feel good. But I can also make it hurt, a lot. And I do not have plans to kill you. No, that would be too easy."

Devan moved to release Elijah from the chains. "You don't need them right now. You won't be able to outrun me. I think you know this already. The Vampire Lord paused and said. "If you don't I can always make sure you know it, I have no fears of you running off. You saw how fast I can be after all."

“No plans to kill me?” Elijah repeated, more to himself than anyone else. Then what? He believed humans only served one use for a vampire, food, so if he wasn’t going to die…then what could he have planned for him? He swallowed thickly at that thought, pushing it to the back of his mind for he considered it far too frightening to think about in his current situation.

“Only a fool would free me,” Elijah began, rubbing at his sore wrists “And only an even bigger fool would believe I won’t try to run away. But despite my beliefs on your intelligence, I want to know, if you don’t plan to kill me…then what? Because believe me when I say, if you don’t kill me now I’ll kill you sooner or later.”​

"Do you not understand yet?" Devan inquired as he reached out, gripping the hunter by the throat before he could say another thing. "Your words are empty. You can and you will do nothing."

"I have held back long enough from enjoying my prize." Devan said as he ran his cold hands down the hunters cheek almost lovingly. He gave his classic toothy grin, but his eyes were no longer their icy blue, but the orbs darkened until they were as black as night.

He reached out and planted a demented kiss on the other mans lips, biting Elijah's lower lip and tasting the blood through the kiss as he grabbed the other mans ass posessively, his crotch pressed against him.

The door opened in that moment, and before things could progress any further, another man was standing there, a younger Vampire, who looked intimidated to be anywhere near the one who was obviously his sire.

"The All Queen is here, Devan." The young Vampire explained, giving his reason for the interruption.

"Damn the bitch." Lord Devan said in response. "My Maker always has the worst timing possible. "He slapped the chain back on the hunters neck, and turned to the young vampire. "Feed him, clean him up. I want him ready to fuck when I get back."

Elijah almost flinched as he felt the others cold hand gently brush against his warm cheek; the unforgiving coldness of a dead man’s touch was still something the young hunter had yet to get used to. Yet he was given no time to adjust, no time to think before the other pressed his lips against his, locking the two in a twisted kiss. He let out a gasp as crimson leaked from his lips, the vampire all too eager to take it from him it seemed.

Just as he was about to pull away however, Elijah was granted a mercy in the form of the door opening. He took his chance, scrambling away from the Vampire Lord but was swiftly grabbed, the chains wrapping around his neck once again. His hands clasped around the cool steel, pulling as if he could really free himself.

“Don’t fucking touch me.” Elijah snapped as Devan took his leave, eyes shooting a piercing glare at the younger looking vampire. “I’ll put a blade through your heart should you come near.”​

The younger Vampire saw the look of disgust and almost desperation on the face of the hunter. He understood it, he had been put in a similar situation, and he had become the slave and play thing of Devan. He knew he could help, even though it was risky. He had had enough of Devan's shit, and thought maybe with the hunters help, they could both get away.

He waited until Devan was gone, and approached the hunter carefully. "Don't worry. I'm not going to," The Vampire replied, in a reassuring tone. "He won't make me. Just stay still and let me set you free. I think we can get out of here together if you calm the fuck down and don't draw anymore attention down here."

“And how exactly do you wish to get me out of here?” Elijah said, his voice still full of venom. After all, even if the creature wanted to help it was still a vampire, something Elijah had grown to absolutely loathe.

“Of course that’s if I decide to trust you. Who’s to say I’m not better off meeting a quick end here than going off with you, vampire?” The hunter spat before continuing “But please, enlighten me on how you intend to free me from my current predicament.”​

"Listen," The vampire said, just a tiny but of frustration and edge coming out of the word listen. He was irritated by the tone of the hunters voice. He took a deep breath, his tone softening significantly. "I get it. You don't trust me. I can't really blame you too much for that. But I promise you, he will not give you a quick end. He didn't give me a quick end after all. Unless you want to take the chance of being here a hundred years or more going through what he just put you through or worse, than I would trust me."

"After all, he has already boasted of how he intends to make you one of us, and I know for a fact that you don't want that to happen." The fledgling said.

"There is a back door, behind me, the opposite direction from the one Devan just left. The corridor is not that long. We can walk out of there. If you go with me, and someone sees, we can always say I am taking you outside to hose you off. The hired help here is kind of stupid. They will believe me. We can get to the car, and we can leave together. Or you can take your chances alone. But I want to get you out of here."

"I don't want you to have to suffer my fate." The younger vampire explained.

One of them? Elijah had grown up being trained to hunt vampires, after all it was what his family expected of him, to follow in his father’s footsteps as his father had done before him. He could think of no fate worse than that, he didn’t care about his own life, but if others found out what happened to him it would disgrace his family, ruin his friend’s memory; that was something he would not allow.

“Fine.” The hunter reluctantly scoffed, tilting his head back and allowing the young vampire to remove his chains. He groaned once the metal fell to the floor, wasting no time in standing up, still somewhat wary at why the other was so willing to help.

“Lead the way, vampire.” Elijah muttered, eyes cautiously going back to the door at which Devan had left through moments before​

The younger vampire lead Elijah down the hall, hiding his nervousness very well as they approached a few human men that worked for Devan as his slaves and guards. They looked him and Elijah over, and one inquired of the vampire standing before him.

"Where are you going with the hunter, Nathan? We were told he was to go nowhere, with noone." The larger man, who seemed to be in charge said to the young vampire.

"I am not just anyone. I am Devan's son. I have the right to everything that is his, and I am going to enjoy the hunter myself. But as you can see, he is a filthy mess so I am going to hose him down first." The vampire, who was identified by name now, explained. The guard seemed to buy it.

Nathan led Elijah the rest of the way out the building and towards a car, pulling out his keys. "Now is the moment of truth. Leave with me, or just leave. It's up to you."

Elijah carefully followed behind the vampire, heart pounding in his chest with each step, as though with every moment he climbed closer to freedom it would all be ruined and he’d be right back to where he started. But by some miracle, the pair were successful.

Stepping out into the cool night, an experience Elijah wasn’t sure he was going to feel again after his short capture, he turned to face the vampire - or rather Nathan. He took the keys rather quickly, as though still cautious of him as he pressed him with a question. “You didn’t tell me you were it’s son.” Elijah muttered, his viper tongue still quick to snap, his eyes trailing back up where they had come from.

There was a heavy pause, tension clouding the air before Elijah spoke once more “You may leave with me, but do not take it as invitation of friendship.”

Nathan narrowed his eyes at the human as he referred to Devan as it. "You really think that lowly of us." He let the human take the keys, he had no problem with him driving after all., or he wouldn't have freed him in the first place. "He is a monster. I am not."

"And it is an expression. I am Devan's childe through vampirism, he is not really my father. I would tell you the long fucked up story about how it happened, what he did to me and what he put me through but you are right, we are not friends. Friends do not refer to someone as it. I am helping you because noone deserves to be raped, I am not helping you because we are friends. You kill vampires remember?"

Nathan closed the door behind him, and his voice for the first time got a little harsh. "Drive..." He swallowed and added. "If you wouldn't mind. Somewhere, anywhere other than here."

“Am I supposed to think highly of parasites?” The hunter continued, perhaps pressing his luck a bit more than he should have. “But as long as we have an understanding.”

With that, Elijah took one last look at the house - or rather the manor - before he more than happily took the other vampire’s invitation and drove off. Though truth be told the entire drive he found himself cautiously glancing over at Nathan, eyes narrowed ever so slightly. He still couldn’t wrap his head around it, as to why the other was so willing to help. “Do you have anywhere you can go? I can’t be seen harbouring a Vampire..”

Nathan paused for a minute. He was still very pissed off at the hunter at his side and that was pretty evident in his tone.

"Warehouse 69. Do you know where it is? It was an old club on the other side of town but its been shut down. I kind of go there to clear my head, and Devan should not think to look for me there."

Nathan waited for the hunter to continue driving towards the location, and then added in a low voice. "I never wanted to become what I am. I do not like being what I am, and I am not the bad guy you think that I am. I hope I can prove this to you and you at least will not hate me."

"Vaguely, don't find myself in that part of town often." Elijah muttered, his hands gripping the steering wheel tightly with such vigour he wasn't aware of mustering at that moment. Then again, perhaps he could note it as a side effect of narrowly escaping such a vicious vampire. God he was a fool to go after him like that, the hunter reminded himself, a revenge driven moron. He couldn't let his emotions get the better of him, not again. Being a vampire hunter he should have known better than most the moment you allow yourself to become so fuelled by hatred and passion is the moment you lose your abilities to join the hunt.

He ripped himself of out his thoughts, more so to focus on the road than to listen to the vampire. Elijah merely sighed, muttering "You chastise me for killing your kind, yet death would be a mercy, would it not?" He paused, turning briefly to the other "I would have hoped you then would understand that more than most that vampire hunting is a kindness, for both vampires and humans." With that, the hunter focused back onto the road, weaving through country roads to reach the city once more.

The drive had been shorter than expected, pulling up on a street devoid of passers-by or much life in general, not even a stray cat to greet them as they exited the car. "This the place?" He asked, shutting the car door and already walking up to the abandoned club.

"Yes, this is the place," Nathan assured the other man as he lead them inside the club. Once they had stepped inside, he would see an empty bar, a dance floor, and couches lining the wall. Although they were old and worn out, and the place was a little dusty from lack of use. "It could use a little TLC, but I didnt choose it for the view, this isn't exactly a date."

Nathan moved over to a couch, and had a seat, getting as comfortable as he could. "Is there something you would like me to call you by the way? If you do not feel comfortable giving me your name, I understand, but I should have something that I can call you other than hunter, or hey you."

"I am sorry there is no food or anything here. I dont come here often enough for that, and well obviously I dont eat food, I eat---" He paused, sighed and said. "I drink blood."

“Just Elijah will do, I see no harm in you knowing my name.” He sighed, stepping into the old club behind the other. Needed some TLC was a damn understatement, Elijah had to remind himself with each step to be careful the damn floor didn’t fall through underneath him. Still, it was better than being stuck in that damned basement, then again anything was.

The hunter continued on, idly stepping around as the other took a seat on the couch “I won’t be here long enough to eat. I intend to kill that damn vermin, I just need more hunters is all. It was foolish of me to go at it alone.” Elijah sighed, heading back to where Nathan was sat, settling himself down on a rather worn down looking arm chair, dust flying up from the old fabric as he sat.

“I didn’t think there were many vampires in the area, we haven’t gotten reports frequently enough to indicate more than three - five at a damn straight. Yet I counted a hell of a lot more of you in that manor alone, assuming they aren’t glorified livestock for your…master.”

"Oh well I figured you would intend to get more hunters into the mix. Seems like it might be a good idea for me to be scarce before that happens. But you will need information. You will want to know more about Devan and his lackeys and all that so you and your friends can deal with the son of a bitch. I cant do it alone or I would have a long time ago. Devan is more than a thousand years old. He is seasoned and he is dangerous. He is not some fresh upstart, like I am. Even my brood brother Brice would have had a better chance of taking him down than I do. I have been a vampire only about a year. He has been a vampire four hundred and still doesn't dare to try and stop the bastard." Nathan explained with an exasperated sigh.

"I will also eventually need blood again, and I am sure you are not going to volunteer for that. Even if you did, I would not accept it. I feed from animals, or get blood from my contacts at the hospital. I very rarely take from the vein, and when I do, its bastards that are human that are just as evil as Devan. Serial killers, rapists, that kind of vermin." Nathan explained.

Back
Top Bottom