Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Storywriting help requested :)

SassySub

Super-Earth
So it seems like this would fall under "idea development" somewhat, but I'm not sure whether or not this actually does or if this belongs in another category or even on the site altogether. If not then let me know and I'll reach out to have it relocated or removed :)

I'm trying to write one of my plot summaries into an actual short story. However between writers block and just general boredom with knowing how my story will develop before it's even written (since I'm writing it, basically...) it's kind of something I struggle with. But if it was for just one story it wouldn't be a big deal. What I'm worried about is each story I write feeling like the same thing, over and over, because of my writing habits. RP is obviously really good for this :) but sometimes finding someone willing to finish out an entire scene/story is hard to come by.

I'm hoping that I can connect with a good storywriter on here and work with them to build some of my plot summaries into a short story!

Thanks in advance! And I hope this is an appropriate post for this section. If not then once again just let me know and I'll happily remove it or relocate it to another category :)

You're fine as far as the correct section goes.

Do you want to post the plot summary here and then perhaps get constructive feedback on the matter? We can all help you out if you like. If not then it might be tricky to find someone privately to help you but that's always a possibility as well.

My general advice is such - make an outline about the key themes, plot points, characters and such that you want to include in the short story and then look at it and revise it; I've found that it helps in the plotting tremendously when writing a short story out.

You're fine as far as the correct section goes.

Do you want to post the plot summary here and then perhaps get constructive feedback on the matter? We can all help you out if you like. If not then it might be tricky to find someone privately to help you but that's always a possibility as well.

My general advice is such - make an outline about the key themes, plot points, characters and such that you want to include in the short story and then look at it and revise it; I've found that it helps in the plotting tremendously when writing a short story out.
Looks like I forgot to check in on this. Sorry for the delayed reply :)

So basically, somewhere between a story prompt and a plot summary? Just an outline of important details which can be creatively spun by potential authors?

Back
Top Bottom