Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question Why So Restrictive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try to take it down to your level buddy. If the rule says "their discretion" Then that's the fucking rule. End of story. No argument. If you don't like go away. Simple as that.

1. fact - you have introduced zero evidence of staff wrongdoing. you have deflected on this topic every time by saying 'it didn't happen to you'
I never claimed it did. In fact, I claimed it's impossible to know, because of the disguise they can use. That disguise is "our discretion".

2. fact - you admit that your post in question violate a rule
I did, and this is now unrelated since it's something I dug up during the initial reasoning for my post's removal.

3. fact - your entire rant is that staff can abuse their discretion because discretion exist
Yes, and this is true, even if you don't like that I may be the only one who has noticed it. Try comparing GPLv2 and GPLv3. Bonus points if you have a sharp eye for the differences without already knowing what they are beforehand.

4. fact - you have introduced zero evidence to support any reason to believe that staff would abuse their direction
I don't need a reason, because I can state any. That's how arbitrary it can be.

5. fact - staff has come in and stated they have systems set in place to try to prevent said occurence
I'd like evidence of these systems and procedures, and evidence of them being used to defend a user in the past.

I'd like evidence of these systems and procedures, and evidence of them being used to defend a user in the past.
AVA provided evidence. You just choose to ignore any form of logical discussion when it's provided.

No, an actual post which defended a user, not just the forum section.
So you want staff, who you are accusing of being all powerful and corrupt, to breach another member's privacy to sate your ridiculous sense of justice? Is that what I'm reading?

So you want staff, who you are accusing of being all powerful, to breach another member's privacy to sate your ridiculous sense of justice? Is that what I'm reading?
If you classify it as breaching privacy, it's clearly not public and therefore no evidence was actually provided.

This is what I take issue with, right here.

You're not. πŸ‘Entitled. πŸ‘To it.πŸ‘

This is not your forum, you did not create it. We're all here enjoying this community for free, staff is putting in work, often uncompensated to ensure we can all continue to enjoy this community. And to the best of my discernment everyone seems happy with the job they're doing.

Staff has nothing to prove to you. You either trust them or you don't. And if you don't WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE.

This is what I take issue with, right here.

You're not. πŸ‘Entitled. πŸ‘To it.πŸ‘

This is not your forum, you did not create it. We're all here enjoying this community for free, staff is putting in work, often uncompensated to ensure we can all continue to enjoy this community. And to the best of my discernment everyone seems happy with the job they're doing.

Staff has nothing to prove to you. You either trust them or you don't. And if you don't WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE.
If I'm not entitled to it, how can I know it's actually happening? Therefore, it's very possible for arbitrary deletions and bans to take place. A point for my argument.

I never claimed it did. In fact, I claimed it's impossible to know, because of the disguise they can use. That disguise is "our discretion".
It is impossible to know if a meteor will hit the earth tomorrow. Same fallacy. Next.

I did, and this is now unrelated since it's something I dug up during the initial reasoning for my post's removal.
So you did something wrong, got a warning, now are typing a salty rant because....

Yes, and this is true, even if you don't like that I may be the only one who has noticed it. Try comparing GPLv2 and GPLv3. Bonus points if you have a sharp eye for the differences without already knowing what they are beforehand.
What happened to the "people"? Or do you finally accept only you feel this way? Surprise surprise. Oh no, you used a software design term. I'm so impressed. Throwing out that technical knowledge makes your logical fallacy any less glaring? If we are going to rely on authority for logic reasoning, what's your LSAT score, bro? That's what I thought. Yet another fallacy, moving on.

I don't need a reason, because I can state any. That's how arbitrary it can be.
You don't need a reason, because you can't state any. There, perhaps. Just cut the sentence off there and move along. You finally get it!

Sure. The fact that you haven't been banned, despite assuming the worst of everyone, is the best demonstration that BMR staff are actually good human beings who respect rules.

We done?

If I'm not entitled to it, how can I know it's actually happening? Therefore, it's very possible for arbitrary deletions and bans to take place. A point for my argument.
Yes, it is entirely possible they are happening. Too bad, so sad. None of us has seen evidence of staff doing anything but their best effort to enforce the rules equally, fairly and ensure everyone has fun.

You either trust them or you don't. If you don't then you have no reason to be in this community, if you do then stop asking for evidence that you're not entitled to. PLAIN and SIMPLE. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing and no one is on your side.

It is impossible to know if a meteor will hit the earth tomorrow. Same fallacy. Next.
No one claimed it won't or will. No rules are defined. Fallacy. Next.

So you did something wrong, got a warning, now are typing a salty rant because....
I admitted it had sexual content. Read my past posts. This has moved on from that by a long shot.

Sure. The fact that you haven't been banned, despite assuming the worst of everyone, is the best demonstrating that BMR staff are actually good human beings who respect rules.
This isn't about whether I've been banned or not, it's about the colossal amounts of power staff have, which can directly translate to abuse of authority. See "authoritarianism" and "totalitarianism". I don't want to have to worry that a staff member might not like the cute cat picture I post.

Yes, it is entirely possible they are happening. Too bad, so sad. None of us has seen evidence of staff doing anything but their best effort to enforce the rules equally, fairly and ensure everyone has fun.

You either trust them or you don't. If you don't then you have no reason to be in this community, if you do then stop asking for evidence that you're not entitled to. PLAIN and SIMPLE. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing and no one is on your side.
Truth doesn't depend on the amount of followers someone has, nor do I care much for the Instagram followers thing.

No one claimed it won't or will. No rules are defined. Fallacy. Next.

I admitted it had sexual content. Read my past posts. This has moved on from that by a long shot.

This isn't about whether I've been banned or not, it's about the colossal amounts of power staff have, which can directly translate to abuse of authority. See "authoritarianism" and "totalitarianism". I don't want to have to worry that a staff member might not like the cute cat picture I post.
by the same token, please enjoy worrying about a meteor hitting the earth tomorrow.

That's literally the logical conclusion if you are going to assume the worst of everything without a shred of evidence of anything.

You've said your point & lost. I'm not going to keep beating this dead horse.

Good day.

This thread is only going in circles and becoming borderline belligerent. Going to lock this thread down. Any attempt to circumvent the locking of this thread shall be treated as evasion and will result in a 48 hour ban, and a second offense by the same member upon return will result in a permanent one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom