Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Sorcereress & Paladin (VanitySoaring & Revelations)

Geminara "Mina" Zinfir walked calmly and confidently through the door of the tavern. All eyes in the half-empty establishment turned toward her out of curiosity and many lingered for less than wholesome reasons. She gave a moments pause taking in the layout of the new location. She noticed the stares but did not acknowledge them, as she strode up to the bar, whipping the longer end of her asymmetric skirt over a stool and taking a seat. She leaned forward placing her elbows on the bar as she looked across at the tavern keeper. He almost seemed petrified as his gaze never left her, and he made no move to approach.

She met his gaze with a smile. "Sir!" She nearly had to shout for him to hear her across the room. "Brandy please!" Her words broke him out of his stupor, and he rushed to fulfill her request. He fumbled with glasses making all sorts of noise and clatter, his unexpected nervousness making the long term tavern owner feel like his first day pouring a drink.

"Here you are miss" the man stated with a hint of hesitation in his voice. Geminara cupped the glass in her hands, inhaling the aroma of the distilled liquid. It wasn't high quality but it widened the smile on her face. She almost lost her composure as she sipped from the glass, the burn from the improperly made spirit hitting much harder than it should, the only saving grace being a mildly fruity aftertaste.

After her nearly ritualistic attention to her drink her eyes rose back up to the man behind the bar. "I've heard there are monsters in the cemetery. I need directions and a room for the night."[/B] The expression on her face changed from carefree to one of strictly business as she spoke.

"The cemetery is just outside of town, follow the main road south and there is a dirt path near an old Sycamore tree. I can't help you with the room unfortunately, only one in the building and it was rented out earlier."

Mina frowned at the news, she didn't have a back up plan for a place to stay. She had been hoping to have a night indoors, and dreaming of a hot bath to go with it. "That's fine, you've been wonderful sir." She slipped two gold pieces onto the bar, and stood up, glass in hand. "Maybe I'll stop back in on my way back through." She turned and walked through the door, her mind now firmly on the task at hand. She heard him saying something about ladies and not going to dangerous places, but she paid it no mind while stepping back out into the street.

Sipping the now hand warmed Brandy as she walked down the road, grimacing at the flavor now that she wasn't keeping up appearances. She still delighted in the warmth it brought to her core. One last bit of relaxation before potentially going into battle. It only took her fifteen more minutes of walking before she found the dirt path. She paused under the Sycamore tree the tavern keeper had spoken about. She set the glass down under the tree, thinking maybe she would take it back, if she remembered.

She looked ahead at the path that led right into the forest. She couldn't help but think that was a detail that should have been related to her. She took a moment to tie her hair up, and pushed forward, walking toward the forest. She was as ready for anything as she could be.

Back
Top Bottom