Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

December is around the corner, how does everyone feel?

Roleplay enjoyer

Meteorite
December is just around the corner soon they will play christmas songs on the radio, chistmas movies running on the TV. Then suddenly it's Christmas day how does everyone feel about christmas?

I personally just feel a boring quiet emptyness around christmas, but it's probably because im older now and the cold and snow just bothers me.

Annoyed.
On the way to Christmas people with be nasty.
Long lines, cold weather, constant Christmas carols, and many other agitations that lead to stress.

Yet on Christmas day itself, people will attempt to 'peace on earth'

Even though leading up to this they got snappy with the clerk at the grocery store because there is a long line.
Even though leading up to this they will mock others, be nasty, and simply be a human.

Yet, magically we're suppose to go... 'Merry Christmas, good will to man.'

Instead of simply one single day of 'peace on earth' how about humanity practices what it preaches for once?
How about they stop pretending to be good people?

Yes. Annoyed is a good word for what I feel around this time of year.

I do have to agree with a Lighthouse for the fact that people are very snobby and rude during this time of year.

Coming from someone that works for the public, I’m constantly getting yelled at because I can’t get someone to their home ASAP around the holidays. I only have a handful of guys and what seems like hundreds of people to service. No can do.

People like to believe they’re the only ones that need services but… they’re not. We’re exhausted from being yelled at for simply doing our job and trying to do said job in a timely fashion while also maintaining a plastic happy-go lucky personality after just being yelled at for no reason other than simple frustration that the customer waited last minute.

Anywhoooooooo, I’m not going to lie, the holidays are rough. Mostly because of the loved ones that are no longer here that made that Christmas magic happen, or at least gave you that feeling you always felt around the holidays. I miss feeling that nostalgic happiness of seeing my relatives and eating together and exchanging gifts, and I found myself moping around in previous years because I miss them more than cherishing those who were honored with another year here on this world. That’s when I started to realize those who passed on wouldn’t want us to be sad or moping around and be depressed. Make new memories, cherish the time you have with friends and family and take photos, create new traditions. Appreciate the time you have with them because once something happens to them you will regret being a party pooper and not engaging in anything with them.

That turned pretty dark and depressing really fast haha, but what I’m trying to say is please enjoy the holidays, even if you celebrate them or not. Enjoy the weather, appreciate it, enjoy your cozy time you get to spend with either yourself or others. It’s crazy to think that we’re even alive to even be experiencing this crazy thing called life. ❤️

Exhausted.

I'm very heavily pregnant at the moment, due early in December. I'd feel festive if I wasn't so tired! This year I'm trying to reconnect with my family a bit, since I just spent the holidays with my now-husband last year (up to and including accidentally setting my oven on fire last Thanksgiving due to a leaking roaster pan) and I must admit, even with as much trouble as I've had with my family in previous years and gripes I currently have, I've missed it.

The holidays were always the domain of my foster mother, who always made things magical when my brother and I were growing up, and she passed away suddenly two summers ago, and my brother was diagnosed with terminal cancer shortly before my wedding. I admit I feel quite a void with her gone and despite the long prognosis he's received, anticipatory grief over my brother; I have no one to ask how to do certain things anymore, and even sadder, she never got to meet my unborn son. And I feel, even though I'm not Christian and neither is my husband, my boy deserves to experience the magic I did growing up with my foster mother during the holidays.

I guess you could say that's one of my tributes to the woman who raised me, and with my brother's time limited, I should cherish every moment I have with him even more. Now that I'm older and am about to start a family, I think it might be high time to make my own traditions, with homage paid to ones I've practiced for decades with my foster mother.

So, I guess, to answer the question, aside from being tired, I feel... hopeful? Nostalgic?

Back
Top Bottom