Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Where to post recruitment thread

Everygirl

Moon
I'm looking to run a system game (pathfinder 1e) which I'd like to recruit fully from here, but play on Discord because of thread structure and integrations I like using making it easier than on a forum like this.
Now looking at the way the request threads are organised, though a lot of people seem to advertise discord games on the system roleplay threads, reading the rules this shouldn't be done.
But the off site recruitment threads seem to be geared towards 1x1 and will likely be passed over by those looking for system group games.
So I guess my real question is, am I allowed to post my game in the systemsgame request thread, even though I'm planning to run it on discord?

You would advertise it within the offsite RP section. You can include in your title that you're looking to run a system game, and then perhaps use a FxA prefix to indicate that it's open to everyone.

You are allowed to create a game on your Discord for you and other BMR members. What we don't permit is using BMR to advertise for Discord servers that include non-BMR members. BMR has rules that members have to follow to ensure safety, so we can't permit advertising for something that doesn't require non-BMR members to comply.

Example being you advertise a Discord RP group, but members from other sites or word-of-mouth are involved and then they start using underage characters, or post prohibited pics such as bestiality (real photos, not drawings), or begin to harass/cyberstalk BMR members, bc we have no means to protect our members in those instances.

Yeah, I understood it would just be BMR members, that was my intention, but it's just that i was confused because litterally half if not more of the games in the on site systems game interest checks are for discord games, and I have a feeling if i place my game in the off site RP section, people won't see because they're checking the other forum.

But thank you for the explanation, I'll post it in the thread you indicated and hope for the best.

We will eventually revisit the off-site section and discuss having games specific to Discord having it's own place in the off-site section. We are taking baby steps with the off-site stuff, because we want to make sure that people are playing by the rules while honoring the purpose of BMR as a community and gathering place.

Back
Top Bottom