Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Veridian [FavoredFox X EDDE]

EDDE

Logic better pray I don't kick its ass too!
Pokemon based RP with OCs; non-sexual

"Hey! Get back here you little thief! I won't let you steal from me again!" It was on the main street that the shopkeep was hollaring at a butterfree that had picked up one of his vegetables from the stand he was running. The shiny red veg in its paws wasn't the issue here. As any of the street vendors who worked around there knew, any time this particular butterfree snagged something from a kiosk, something far more important almost always went missing along with it. This particular owner had been harassed several times over the last few months, where most of the other owners either weren't stolen from at all, or it happened very rarely. While the other thefts weren't enough to harm the kiosks looming around the area too terribly, it had to be quite clear that this particular owner was at his wit's end. And while everyone was being mildly entertained by the man who hopped about attempting to retrieve his wares, it was actually quite clear to anyone with a keen eye what was really going on here.

As the fuss continued, two grubby hands reached over the back of the stand and wrapped their grimy fingers around a crate of berries. It was sudden, and not easily noticeable as the crate quickly displaced itself entirely. In the shadow of the building looming over the stand, a child covered from head to toe in horrible ratty clothing, caked on dirt or mud, with leaves and grass poking prominently from their long, ratty hair quickly sped off down a well-placed alleyway and disappeared into the shrubbery beyond town.

A low, long whistle followed in their wake. The butterfree looked up from its taunting of the owner when it heard this, almost seeming to giggle out its signature noises as it lowered itself just enough to have the tomato it had been playing with snatched from its grasp. In what looked like a bit of a panic, the pokemon quickly flew off over the building and quickly made its own way into the trees behind town.

--

With a heavy sigh, Sami relaxed slightly as he made his way further into the forest. He had no doubt those people would be making the worst of sounds in the densely forested area if they had managed to catch up to either of them. With a happy giggle, he smiled up at Tomo as they made their way back to the hidden grotto they were headed for. "Everyone is going to be so happy when they see," he told the butterfree warmly. "I hate the looks on their faces every time that man trounces through here like he owns the place."

His smile turned to a heavy glower as they ventured silently aside from his voice. "I don't care what Ma says anymore. I'm going to start setting up traps for that man as our berries ripen again. He takes the same route because he thinks it's safe. I'll show him a thing or two. I bet if I put my mind to it, I can make them pokemon safe, too!"

Tomo squeaked at him in that adorable way of hers as she followed, shaking her chubby paw as she did so. This made Sami laugh lightly. "I know, I know. Don't worry. We'll figure something out. Come on. Let's make sure everyone gets fed their lunches. A lot of us missed breakfast today thanks to that stupid human."

It was only a matter of minutes before they reached their destination. Sami was careful to take an extra look around before sneaking his way carefully through the vines and making sure they weren't displaced on the other side while his companion flew up over the trees to announce their return a bit faster. And the moment he reached the small hidden clearing, he was passing out berries to a wide variety of ground dwelling pokemon. A few bugs joined their party today, along with a lone bellsprout that had been passing through. What Sami's attention was really on, even though he did offer the others some of his boon, was the large family of rattata that came streamlining from the bushes the moment they smelled the treat that had been brought for them.

Sami let out a jovial chuckle as one of the newborns scurried over him and planted itself on his left shoulder while he passed out their meal fairly. He smiled gently at it and offered it a semi-rough scrubbing of his fingers around its ears and jaw line before finally reaching for his own meal. He had been one of the bunch who had chosen to skip breakfast today in order to allow the smaller or weaker pokemon to keep up their strength. The decisions had been made by each individual with the knowledge that Sami would be going after what was rightfully theirs once he'd made sure everyone who wanted to eat did get something.

Another rattata settled itself next to him and snagged a berry for itself. Looking up at him, it offered a quick squint. "Rattata..."

Sami just giggled again and offered a shrug. "Sorry Ma, I'm in too good a mood right now. Let's talk about it later," he offered lightly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom