Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

de gozaru [[Lini and Zenn]]

Linisedel

Planetoid
Minako was careful at night, that was when most things went wrong. She usually slept during the day, but at night she was usually out doing business, and when not doing business she was hiding next to the doorway to her room, watching for anyone who might enter. Her ninja gear was a very dark purple, better suited for the light that came into her village at night, which was a decent amount the snow at the nearby mountains reflected more light, making a pitch black more visible to her. Suddenly she tensed up, an unexpected footstep padded into her room, she reached for the short wakizashi at her side as she prepared herself.

Hayabusa let out a soft sigh, he had been hired to assassinate another ninja, he didn't know her or anything like that, but he had heard that she was a pretty good ninja, maybe just as good as him, he didn't know that yet, and maybe he would never know. He had his shurikens in his belt, and his small sword hanging by his side. He stopped for a moment, and then looked around in the small room, he knew that he was pretty close now, but he didn't see her yet. He was wearing his black ninja mask, and his normal ninja clothes, which was black. He grabbed one of his shurikens, and then continued, until he was in what looked like a bedroom.

Minako was certain now, someone was in her room. She lifts up one of the panels in the floor in front of her door quietly, sneaking into her room from below. She notices a slight dent in the floor from below, that must be where the intruder is standing. She lifts one of the mats in her room, carefully checking the intruder's feet so she can be sure he was facing away from her. When she was certain she wouldn't be spotted she flips the panel over and grabs him from behind in a hold, keeping her wakizashi near his throat. "Tell me why I shouldn't kill you." She was holding him close, her soft front, pressing against his back, the hold was awkward from him being taller than her.

His eyes widened as he felt somebody grab him from behind, but as he heard her speak he smiled "Hmm.... I guess its you that im here to kill" He then said with a smile upon his lips. "And well.... I actully havn't done you anything yet... If you kill me he'll just send more people after you, and you won't be able to survive them... Against me you maybe have a chance, i can't say that since i've never met you before. "But if you wanna keep your life, i suggest that you run away." He told her, and then looked down at the wakizashi. "If you kill me there will be no way that you can escape, but if you let me live, i can help you escape." He told her. He didn't fear being killed, he couldn't decide if she should kill him or not, he could only give her good reasons.

"How can I trust you?" She presses the blade closer to his throat. "I could always kill you and then run, I'll hide for a few weeks, months even." She pauses unsure of what to do. "Maybe I'll kill you, maybe I won't, first I want some questions answered, who is trying to kill me and why? Who have I offended?" She tightens her grip on his body, making sure not to let her guard down lest the intruder escape from her grasp, his height giving him an advantage when it comes to grapples.

He laughed a bit as he heard her questions. "I don't know his name..." He told her, and then relaxed a bit. "He didn't tell me why he wanted me to kill you.... But i think its because he fear you..." He just told her. He then looked down at the wakizashi "Why don't you just go ahead and kill me then?" He asked her in a cold tone. "I really don't care about it, but if you wanna live, i suggest that you let me live, so that i can help you escape." He told her.

"I see, fine, I'll let you go, but you will travel with me, meet me at the village gates. If I don't see you there I WILL find you, the black clothing makes you obvious." She forcefully pushes the intruder away from her. "Go before I change my mind and slit your throat." She instantly springs into action, running through the bedroom for anything she may need, rolling up her futon, and packing food inside of it.

He slowly nodded at her words "I will..." He told her, before he then jumped out, through the nearest window. He knew that they wouldn't have much time left before the other ninjas would come. He had been told that if he took more than 3 hours, the one who had hired him would send a small group of ninjas to kill him, if he still was a live, and the girl he was supposed to kill.

Minako finishes gathering her supplies, rolling it all up in her futon, she runs a rope through it so she can secure it across her back. Quickly, she dashes to the town gate where the intruder should be waiting as per her instructions. Where he not there, he should be visible in his black clothing against the dimly lit landscape of the mountains as opposed to the pitch blackness of night in any other environment.

Hayabusa was sitting on a branch in a tree near the gate. The tree should cover him a bit more, so that it would be impossible for her to see him in the tree. He followed her with the eyes and then smiled slightly. If they ever had a fair match with wepons, he would probably win.

As She reaches the gate she frowns in realization. "Dammit!" She slams her futon on the ground, and then picks it up, realizing he couldn't have gotten far. She starts chasing after where she thinks he went, the opposite of the edge of town.

He sighed softly as he saw this, and then jumped down from the branch and followed her "Hey... Wait for me..." He then yelled after her, while he looked after her. Why couldn't she just have waited for him insteadt?

Minako runs behind him to keep up. "How far will we run?" She asks, hoping to reach safety at some point. "I have no intention of running forever, I've done nothing wrong." She looked back at the village and figured no one would miss her, people leave all the time for various reasons, mostly in cases like hers, being hunted.

"Until we reached the next town where we can get some rest...." He then told her in a soft tone. before he then looked back at her. "It shouldn't be far away..." He then added. While he ran he grabbed a branch and then swung himself up on it, to see how far there were to the next town. "Stay there!" He told her, as he started climbing up in the tree.

"What's wrong?" She whispers harshly, genuinely scared by the way he was acting. "Have they followed us already?" Although she doesn't stay still as he told her, she crouches down in some bushes by the tree he climbed up.

"No.... Nobody is following us.... I just wanted to see how far there were to the next city..." He then told her, before he then jumped down from the tree. "Anyways.... Lets continue if you are ready..." He told her.

"Of course I'm ready, the farther we get away the better of course...... so how far is the next town?" She trails behind him, unfamiliar with anything west of her village. "I guess maybe a half a day's walk to two days? If we're lucky?"

"Well..... If we continue running though the night, we should be there tomorrow at 11am" He told her, before he then looked back at her. "Why are you asking?" He asked her.

"You should know, you tried to kill me. The closer we are to town the safer, out in the woods it's just us." Minako continues running behind him, having to struggle to keep up, her belongings although light weigh her down when sprinting.

He looked back at her, seeing that she was struggeling to follow him, he slowed down a bit so that she could catch up with him. "Need some help with that?" He then asked her.

"No, I'm fine." She pulls the futon further up on her shoulder and starts exerting herself more to keep up however she'll get tired more quickly.

"No.... Let me take some of it.... If we are gonna make it through the night, you'll have to let me take some of it..." He told her in a soft tone, while he looked over at her.

".....Fine." She pulls out about half of her food supply from the futon, about one large sack of rice. "I better not regret letting you carry that." She glares over at him.

Back
Top Bottom