Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Gathering Of Hunters: Vampires | -The End-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Character: Naomi// NPC Jessa
Player/Group:
Jonah Irae (@ThatGeckoGirl), Nebuchadnezzar (@Kosmik_Khaos), Noor (@BennyQ)
Time: Friday Evening.

"Little fish, or whatever Neb calls her, is nervous," Jessa communicated, smashing a cigarette into an ashtray and, with a free arm, rotating the screen of Naomi's ocular implant that Fiona had handed her before she left. It was a simple contact lens, but it gave Jessa a good look at this massive mansion. She had gathered Naomi's nervousness through the number of blinks she had done while walking with Erra and Noor.

"... Baby bird. Or something." Jess took a drag off a new cigarette and lounged in the smoky haze.

As Noor greeted Mr. Wilkson, Jessa used her final free hand from her four arms set to jot down names she would research during this event.

Longwei

"Those familiars always pledge their loyalty; it's like they don't know what the hell they are getting into." She scribbled down longwei's name and then looked up at the security footage that peered down at the party like menacing gargoyles.

"Neb, hows it lookin'? Same to you. Jonah, how's the kitchen? I don't have eyes on the kitchen."

Jessa noted another woman's voice coming from Nebs location and listened intently and zoomed into the ballroom to see if she could match a face to the voice: "--If I am to call you Nebby then I insist you call me Loreley, and while I am already insisting things, I will continue and insist you dance with me. I've never had a chance to go to one of your Legendary parties, but I have heard tale and seen footage, I've seen what you can do with that body, now I'm going to show you what I can do with mine."

Loreley.

"Target seen,"

Jessa smiled. " Good kid--" Then paused as she heard another voice come through. Another zoom in on the security camera labeled him as Noor's companion Bela.

"You, Ms. Abbott requires a trio of champagne glasses."

Fuck. "Okay, kid, pivot. I'll keep my sights on the target, and you fulfill that guy's request." This was a kink in the plan, but Jessa leaned forward in the hazy cloud and searched for the CFO. " Got 'em" Keeping the screen up, she crossed her arms and rested them on her knees. Briefly, Jessa glanced at the screen of one of her computers and stared into the eyes of longwei's photo and information who was this? Another name to the party was called, and Jessa jotted that down on her notepad.

Estella and Bara Godfrey.

Jessa knew Naomi couldn't comfortably speak to the group while being whisked away by two powerful vampires. Besides, the best thing Naomi could do was stay silent and just observe. So the vampire listened, blinked several more times, and then gigged nervously if she was spoken to.

"Convincing..." Jessa commented with a hoarse laugh.

Meanwhile, as Naomi was led into a grand interrogation room, she examined her surroundings, spying on details and hoping Jessa could see what she saw as well.

Naomi took the glass of champagne in her fingertips when it was provided and nearly dropped it from her light grip. This was not her scene; she realized she was not cut out to rub shoulders with these people. But they were her kind, and that did cause her to wonder if this was her place.

Erra was graceful as she took her drink and sat on a leather tufted sofa; another of the same style sat across from her. They were surrounded by floor-to-ceiling bookcases, likely from her collections over the last three hundred years. Naomi sat at the edge of the sofa across from Erra, uneasy and looking at both the woman and then Bela. She swallowed, and her eyes grew wider; she felt like a child called into the principal's office. They knew who she was, right? Mascarading around like one of them but hunting them silently at night.

"It was quite the show when you bit down on one of my creators," Erra commented, looking to Naomi, who continued looking everywhere except her. She wasn't one to demand attention, her presence commanded it, and if Naomi were too in awe of her well-traveled room, she would let the little vampire have it. Erra waited.

Finally, Naomi pulled herself together, straightened her back, and looked down at the bubbles that lifted to the surface of her champagne.

"Uhm, yes. I apologize." Was that the right thing to say?

"It worked out in the end, I suppose. Your creator was dealt with. What a trial you must have endured. Having taken blood from someone that was not tied to you. Tell me, what powers did you experience." It wasn't a question. Erra was reeling in the young woman with her demand for participation.

"I-" Naomi paused, looked at Noor, her fingertips, and gripped the glass stem. "I could create fire with snapping my fingers, heal others...I...I have other abilities like speed, strength, accuracy..."

"Is that all?" Erra asked, swirling the glass slightly like a cat flicking its tail. She could sense Naomi's hesitation.

"I could drain energy instead of taking blood." Naomi finished another few blinks, another tightening of her hands to the stem of the glass.

Silence enfolded the room, and then Erra looked to the side, to a closed window. There was a sadness there, her eyes welled with the blood but did not fall, and then she quickly composed herself. This wasn't her child. Nor was this her replacement.

"Well," She inhaled deeply as if settling on the feelings deep within her barely beating heart. "That's quite a lot for someone so new. Why don't we eliminate a few of these-- You'll feel much better."

Naomi understood she wouldn't have a say, but she did want to keep the powers as she knew they would benefit the other hunters.

Then Naomi heard Jessa's raspy voice come through her neuro-link. "Did you see that look, the way she looked away? There's a weird shift in her posture. You need to figure out why she did that. Stay on guard."

Naomi nodded and hoped that no one in the room suspected anything other than her agreement to remove her powers.

Last edited:
Character: Jonah Irae
Player/Group: Bela ( @BennyQ ), Jessa (@Kassia )

"You, Ms. Abbott requires a trio of champagne glasses."

Jonah pleasantly turned towards Bela with a light smile. Jessa's voice rang in his earpiece telling him to pivot while she kept an eye on the CFO's position. While receiving this request wasn't exactly the greatest, it would be easy to make it work. It gave him the opportune moment to briefly slink away to open the packet of the poison before heading out again. "Yes sir, right away," He responded to Bela, giving a small proper incline after his words in the form of a little bow. After that, Jonah quickly headed off towards the kitchens with his empty tray. Small strategies played in his mind. Pretending to run into the CFO would make him a prime suspect for having poisoned him during an investigation. That said, discretely pouring the poison into his closely held champagne glass while moving would be exceptionally difficult to pull off. Bumping into his wife, however, seemed like the better plan. It made eyes be on her instead of the CFO. If he was at least a decent husband, he'd move towards his wife in that moment, and maybe even reprimand him for not being more careful. It would put him close to the CFO without making it obvious that he was the target. For now, that was the plan he would go with. Even if he was expected, they'd be searching for a man with brown hair and blue eyes - an eye color he didn't naturally possess anyways.

"Kitchen's busy with waiters coming in and out constantly," Jonah murmured over the coms to Jessa as he moved through the door with his tray. He walked over by the champagne-filled glasses and filled five instead of three on the tray. Three was for the ones Bela mentioned, the other two were for an excuse to have accidentally bumped the CFO's wife. The opening of the poison packet was swift and discrete. He tucked it beneath the white glove covering his freehand. Then, with ease, he lifted the tray and walked back out of the kitchen and into the fancy masses of the party. Being a waiter at one of these events was similar to that of being a ghost. People's eyes glazed over him as if he didn't exist unless they wanted one of the champagne glasses. He wasn't someone they needed to gain the favor of, so why would they notice? Jonah easily weaved through the masses back to Bela so he could deliver the three drinks. Naomi was one of the three to take a glass, though his eyes barely remained on her as if they were complete strangers. There wasn't any sort of tell that he has met her previously. Once the three glasses were taken, Jonah quickly took his leave like was expected of him. Jonah slowly walked as his eyes searched the masses for the CFO again. He wasn't all that hard to find. Thankfully for him, he barely moved from the spot he had been originally.

"Target sighted again. Going to engage," Jonah informed Jessa over the coms as he started walking that way.

The way Jonah played this was exceptionally simple. He walked just to the side of the CFO's wife, who was standing next to him as they spoke with some people. Both of them had champagne glasses in their hands. Another group of people was by them. As Jonah walked to move between these two separate groups, he turned his head as though hearing someone call to him from the unimportant group. In doing so, he didn't "notice" as his tray bumped into the CFO's wife. Jonah stumbled a little, the bubbly alcohol sloshing over the rims of the glasses his tray was carrying and splattering on top of the tray. The CFO's wife yelped in surprise, her own drink spilling out over her hand and to the floor. "Oh! Ma'am, I am so sorry! How clumsy of me, that was my fault," Jonah immediately said, playing his part of the embarrassed waiter.

"Darling, are you okay?" The CFO asked, doing exactly what Jonah had expected him to do as he leaned towards his wife as she fussed over some of the champagne that splattered back onto her dress. The broad shoulders of the CFO was impeding the view of his drink from the people he had been talking to.

"Oh dear, my sincerest apologies. Please, allow me to help," Jonah said, pulling the towel he had with him as a waiter in his freehand. As he reached out towards the wife with the towel, his hand passed over the CFO's glass. In that small moment, with the towel covering his hand and the top of the glass, Jonah tilted his hand so the powder emptied into the pale gold alcohol and dissolved in if as quickly as it had entered the liquid. It was a perfect exchange - completed in the span of only a few mere seconds.

"Yes, thank you," The wife sighed, doing her best not to sound annoyed as she accepted Jonah's towel and dabbed at the droplets on her fancy dress.

"Is there anything I can get you? Again, I apologize. I should have been looking where my tray was," Jonah said, forcing a concerned look on his face.

"It's alright, son. It was just an accident," The CFO smiled a little at him. Jonah wouldn't have been surprised if his forgiveness was an act to appear nice to the people around him. Then again, he had no idea why the CFO was wanted dead. Maybe he really was a nice guy. Maybe he wasn't. It didn't matter much to Jonah, though he still felt a twinge of bitterness at this job. He was a vampire hunter. Killing humans wasn't exactly his forte, and he didn't take any pride in this assassination.

"What my husband said, don't worry about it. I'm fine, thank you," The wife smiled back at him, taking her husband's approach as she handed back the towel.

"Okay, I appreciate it. If you need anything else the rest of the night, please don't hesitate to wave me down. I'll be more than happy to get you anything you need," Jonah spoke warmly to them before heading on his way before he overstayed his welcome.

"Packet has been dropped in," Jonah said quietly over the coms. It was only a matter of minutes now. He stepped back into the kitchen, setting aside the glasses and cleaning his tray of the spilled champagne while the poison slowly did its work as the CFO sipped on it.

Last edited:
Character: Noor Abbott.
Player/Group: Naomi Richardsen, Erra Hamilton (@Kassia), Jonah Irae (@ThatGeckoGirl).

When the assigned waiter, Jonah, finally returned bearing the tray of champagne cups, Bela barely concealed his scowl as he sized up the new employee from head to toe. Temps, ugh. A human one too, judging by the smell. Well as long as they stayed silent and did their job, he could…tolerate their presence among his kind. With a grunt and a curl of his finger, he invited Jonah to follow him briefly, as the VIPs who the drinks had been requested for were no longer where they had been moments before. Ms. Hamilton and Ms. Abbott had taken little Ms. Richardsen aside. To a grand interrogation room.

The library.

It was a grandiose wing of the mansion, containing shelves upon shelves of tomes and books, ancient and modern, of vampiric lore and knowledge and other esoteric wisdom not found anywhere else on the planet. All was awash in a warm, golden glow from the bright chandeliers above. And here and there among the orderly rows of shelves were small lounges of exquisite furniture and furnishings, desks and chairs craved of the most intricate wood. Here, Naomi was led and made to sit, where she might speak with the two elder vampires.

Bela arrived soon after, leading the disguised Jonah with his tray of champagne cups. With a snap of his fingers, Bela indicated the cups be placed upon the middle table for the three women. And hardly was the last cup placed before he was snapping his fingers and ordering the human servant out. This is not for your ears and barely sufficient for your eyes. When he had gone, Bela moved to stand behind Naomi, shoulders squared and chest broad, folding his powerful hands before him. And while Erra sat across from Naomi, Noor moved to sit to the left of the young vampire, on the same couch, very much within arm’s reach. While Naomi leaned forward, stiff and awkward, Noor leaned to the backrest of the couch, gazing at the young woman somewhat behind. Two predators at her flanks, with a deity in front of her.

Noor held her glass aloft from her, like she was gazing or inspecting the depths of a diamond, having no real interest in the drink, merely listening as her Mistress and own Creator began to question the young vampire on her…recent success. Most suspicious successes. Just, look at this little mouse. To think she took down a Creator, one of Erra’s most feared and powerful lieutenants? A real night stalker. This young woman looked like she hadn’t even been a vampire of all but five minutes. Here she sat now in a timeless room that symbolized the age and perpetuity of the Goddess, nothing more than an upstart. One that got lucky, or…perhaps something more?

Pyro abilities, healing, increased strength and other senses and awareness, even energy draining. So many gifts! Noor looked to Erra with a measure of incredibility but her friend seemed to be looking far off towards a distant point, perhaps in memory or experience. That was strange. What was wrong? This should either be a case for enjoyment at welcoming another to their group, or the gravity of handling a danger with extreme fucking prejudice. But Erra looked…sad. Taken aback, even.

”Before we get started with healing our newest child here,” Noor said slowly, pausing in the midst of her careful sentence to drain half her champagne cup, ”I would like to know a little more of these extraordinary circumstances, Ms. Richardsen.” Her tone was light, concerned even, perhaps trying to use a motherly tone to convince the young woman that her and Erra were her true allies. And indeed, perhaps her salvation. Just look at them, two young women like herself, beautifully dressed, in this grandiose complex of knowledge and learning. Didn’t Naomi wish to be apart of this, to be more than she was, instead of some…feral night-walker?

Or perhaps it loaned to Noor’s suspicion. That there was something more to her. Like she had help. Who were they, and how many were their number? Where were they located? What were their policies and modes of operations? There were ways to garner this knowledge. And it didn’t involve sitting politely in a lounge sipping quality champagne.

”You must correct my ignorance, Ms. Richardsen. A young, very pretty girl like yourself, must be a formidable warrior to have taken down a Creator, all by your lonesome.” Noor sat up straight, making a show of finishing off her champagne and placing her cup on the table. When she straightened back up again, she didn’t lean all the way back, but instead sat directly level with Naomi now, head turned, gazing at the younger woman, gazing down at the younger woman given their height difference. ”There is so much pedantic gossip mongering and fabling that goes on at these events. You have to tell us this enticing…true, tale.” She encouraged the young vampire, putting her on the spot.

Character: Naomi
Player/Group:
Jonah Irae (@ThatGeckoGirl), Nebuchadnezzar (@Kosmik_Khaos), Noor (@BennyQ)

Naomi felt small. She was alone here; she had to find a way out. When Jonah had entered the Library, she knew her eyes must have been wide, silently screaming for help.

As Erra composed herself and flicked her eyes to Noor, who looked uneasy with her shift in expression, Naomi noted this too, just as Jessa whispered hoarsely into her ear. How was she going to figure out what was bothering her? Then it clicked--Naomi wasn't the person who she had thought she was, which only made her even more curious. Did the books in this Library hold more information? Would the drawers of the mahogany desk? This would either be a very good situation or very bad. Naomi couldn't tell which.

With Bela standing behind her like a great stone statue, Noor turning in such a way that showed her clear position in this situation, and Erra staring into Naomi for answers, she wanted to curl up and hide. Slowly she took another sip from the glass and then settled into the other corner of the sofa she was in so that she had an opportunity to protect her back from Bela.

" You must correct my ignorance, Ms. Richardsen. A young, very pretty girl like yourself, must be a formidable warrior to have taken down a Creator, all by your lonesome."

Naomi looked to Noor with an expressionless face and then Erra, who smiled and curled up in her place, adjusting the skirt of the elegant gown as if preparing herself for the story of a lifetime.

"Oh, yes! You must tell us. Removal of those pesky powers can wait; I simply must know how you took down this Creator of mine." Placing her porcelain cheek on her palm, Erra kept her gentle smile and gazed at the young, nervous-looking woman.

"Well..." She was searching. Naomi swallowed and then put a hand on her lap, smoothing out the dress with one hand and gripping the glass tightly with the other. As her grip tightened, this forced the champagne glass to shatter. Naomi jumped up quickly as champagne and glass shards tumbled down her dress.

"Bring the server back," Erra instructed Bela, waving her hand delicately. "Come here, Naomi," Erra urged, holding out her hand and taking Naomi's in her own to pick the glass from her palm before the little vampire healed herself. "Continue."

Naomi sniffled slightly, her eyes rimmed in blood from the sudden sharp sound of the broken glass and the pain in her palm. "W-well... I was wandering the streets. When my Creator had left me for dead, I had no way of knowing what to do. So... I wandered."

"Hm." Erra nodded, empathizing and knowing she was referring to Nicole. "I must add that it was wrong of her to leave you alone and without guidance. That is how those ferals are created. Nasty creatures."

Naomi nodded. "They are scary," she commented, resorting to a child-like understanding of the world; maybe this would win them over? A meek and innocent girl just trying to live out in the big, bad world. "I am glad you mentioned these... ferals, was it? Because as I was wandering, I was followed by two. So I ran into the shipyard down on the canal, and when I climbed on one of the... the... what are those things called?" She bit at the index fingernail of her free hand and winced as Erra pulled an exceptionally large shard of glass from her hand.

"Shipping containers! As I was climbing one of those, I saw him and others going after the humans working in the factory. I couldn't let them kill those humans, so I had to attack. I didn't kill the other vampires that followed around the main one; the ferals did. I had no idea they were cannibals!" Naomi looked to Erra then; the bloody tears had slid down her cheeks. "I jumped down from the shipping container and attacked the bigger vampire, but he threw me all around, all while transforming into this ugly creature, like a demon! I think the fight allowed the humans to escape because when I looked back, no one was there. Then the lights got super bright- like the sun! And that's when I bit the guy... I had no idea I had killed him because he threw me so hard I don't remember much else." Erra curled Naomi's fingertips back into her palm once the glass was removed, and Naomi watched as her skin healed.

"That is quite the story," Erra sighed, patting her hand. "My dear Noor, could you even imagine being in such a situation, taled by ferals and having to choose between a human's life and your own? Goodness."

Last edited:
Player/Group: Naomi Richardsen, Erra Hamilton (@Kassia), Jonah Irae (@ThatGeckoGirl).

Surely such a tale of battle and combat would be a story willingly told. It was no small feat to take down a Creator, some of the most powerful servants of the Goddess in the city. If Naomi had been a pipsqueak or mouse, she wouldn’t have lasted very long. But that was exactly the sense Noor was picking up from this young woman. it didn’t seem to just be deference in the presence of a Goddess, a token of respect for her elders. She was legitimately nervous, that wasn’t hard to tell. So how did a stammering, awkward little thing perform so strongly in battle with a Creator? Both Noor and Erra leaned forward, fixing Naomi with their unblinking stares as they waited so patiently for the answer. They had to have it. And of course, there were other ways to find that information.

Bela remained behind Naomi, unmoving, unflinching, as solid as a weathered statue in a storm.

Hardly had the woman gotten an answer out before the glass in her hand suddenly shattered with the crack of a thunderclap. Or so it seemed, in that vaulted library chamber. ”Oh my.” Noor said with feigned alarm, knowing there was no real harm in having a shard of glass embedded in one’s palm. At least for a vampire, which they all were. Noor scooted right to the edge of the couch she shared with Naomi, brushing away shards of glass from the young woman, heedless of the danger posed to herself from the jaded edges. Bela nodded to Erra’s command and departed, knowing the two matrons were safe even without him. They probably gave him more safety than he did for them.

Continue…

Seems this little pipsqueak had a hidden temper, perhaps provoked in confrontation with the Creator. Noor didn’t say a word, didn’t even pry her eyes away from where they stared at the side of Naomi’s face as she spoke and pronounced each word with her lips, how her own Creator had abandoned her. Disgraceful. That is how those ferals are created. Nasty creatures. ”Very nasty. We try to help them, restore something in them, but…” Noor trailed off, not wanting to get into the issues of that, letting Naomi continue her tale. But… Naomi didn’t have to be alone anymore. She was with her kind now. Her rightful kind.

Only at the mention of fleeing ferals into the shipyard, the turf of that particular Creator, did Noor finally give a glance towards Erra. So blind chance…or perhaps still some design behind this encounter and slaying? Another shard of glass was removed. ”Shipping containers.” Noor said quietly, around the same time Naomi remembered the phrase. There seemed to be growing irregularities in the story, causing Noor to stiffen and her doubt to return as Naomi concluded her tale. Lot of leaps and bounds. First witnesses, then no human witnesses. Then light, then suddenly she was biting the Creator.

”I can imagine, because I’ve been there.” Noor said flatly to Erra’s query, still looking at Naomi. ”Surprising to me why there were humans even there at that hour. They are very tardy when it comes to their little…curfew bell. And we know the Creator,” she gave Erra a look, because Erra would know when she received the vision of Naomi, ”was slain pretty late at night, after the call. What were those humans doing out there, after dark, I suppose? No profit margin or manufacturing target is worth that. Rather illegal, in fact.” Noor just mused, looking back to Naomi. That was one hole in the story.

Her tone though, as she questioned Naomi, was kept light hearted and casual, like they were just a trio of women chatting about comedic small doings of their friends over a luncheon. ”And the lights, you say! Shame you couldn’t see what happened next. I suppose also that is the blind chance you survived on, giving in to your base instincts to claw and survive, like every vampire. Your back was to the wall, so you reverted to this base state of mind, like a feral. You poor thing,” Noor lamented for Naomi, reaching over to brush the back of her hand and knuckles against the side of Naomi’s cheek, like a mother comforting a hurt child. Her hand fell to rest on Naomi’s shoulder after that. ”But you are better than that. You remembered who you are, what makes you…you, your heart and your soul.” Noor smiled, a flash of her razor sharp molars. Did blood sucking vampires have a soul? It was nice to be thought of as having one, where the vast majority of humanity declared that they did not.

Bela in the meanwhile went in search of Jonah, knowing it was best for secrecy to select the same waiter to deliver the drinks. The less eyes and ears encountered the scene between the goddess and her query, the better. So might as well utilize the same waiter to deliver a fresh trio of drinks. ”Human,” Bela barked, in that disdainful tone he had for the living mortals, ”your mistress requires your service. Three drinks. Hurry it along.” He demanded, before waiting for it to be carried out, and leading Jonah back to the library. The pair would enter just as Noor was completing her remarks, bearing a fresh round of drinks.

”Such violence though, in the hands of young, inexperienced warrior such as yourself. You were right to come at Erra’s invitation. She only wants to help you. If you were to suffer a similar black out again, with your gifts, who knows what danger it might cause. Luckily, we are here to guide and teach you. You are one of us now, protected and loved.” Noor explained to Naomi, dropping her hand away finally. ”Why don’t you go out, enjoy the party, mingle a little with your new family. In a short while, we will find you, and go about helping you to…control your powers. Mm?” She said, in a sweet, caring tone to Naomi. What she meant of course was Erra removing much of these powers and gifts, preventing Naomi from growing too powerful…and threatening their organization.

With any final remarks or thoughts, Noor would have the human waiter, Jonah, lead Naomi back to the party while she convened with Erra on what to do with her.

Character: NPC Fiona// NPC Jessa// Kaden
Player/Group:
Norne (@ThatGeckoGirl), Nebuchadnezzar (@Kosmik_Khaos), Aratone (@BennyQ)

Fiona had finished cleaning her workspace an hour after Jonah, Naomi, and Nebuchadnezzar had headed off to the charity event at Erra's mansion. Because Jessa had set up shop only a few feet from the First Aid Station upstairs, so she periodically looked over at the screens to avoid disrupting the downstairs living area. Fiona could see through Naomi's eyes the situation she had been placed in and frowned slightly, she was in the lion's den spinning a web of a story to these creatures, and it had come so naturally to her that she worried if Naomi was losing the innocence she had come to the guild with. It was one thing to think quick on their feet but another to lose themselves completely. Then as she set a dirtied rag into a small bin labeled "Medical laundry," she wandered out to the upstairs living room to sit on the part of the sofa unoccupied by computers, screens, and wires. Her eyes naturally drifted to the low-hanging clouds, reflecting the neon light from the city.

In a few short hours, she would be on Mars.

Arch Medical had created something new. A humanoid creature with the abilities of prehistoric and modern creatures. A super soldier. However, the only creature that seemed to take and evolve the human ability was a wolf. While training had gone well, there appeared to have been a breach in the lab, and several specimens escaped. Clawing and scratching their way through the Mars city of Mesa.

Mesa had started as a prisoner compound but soon became a city under a protective opalescent dome. Mesa was said to be a haven for criminals, drug lords, and sleazy individuals looking to live in a lawless world. But as the city progressed, crime decreased until mega-corporation Arch Medical began to work with the Mesa Military to create a superhuman. However, a rogue hacker group released the test subject into Mesa to protest against the oppression of experimental test subjects' rights. Now the city was plagued with werewolves, and with Mars heading toward its winter, it seemed the superhumans' abilities were growing stronger.

To combat this, The Hunters Guild allowed contractors to move to Mars that were not born of Hunter origin to train and fight off the creatures. With Fiona's abilities in both medical and modification work, she was called upon. And... This may have been a good thing. Her past and future were uncertain here on Earth. Outside of the pay and the lavish apartments The Hunters Guild had provided them in Mesa, she felt her sense of purpose was dwindling in Arcadia. Sliding her eyes back to one of the screens, she watched the party through the lens of one of Erra's several cameras. Then looked to the screen and focused on Erra, who appeared... saddened. Fiona looked away as Jessa hissed into her earpiece to a nervous Naomi.

"Did you see that look, the way she looked away? There's a weird shift in her posture. You need to figure out why she did that. Stay on guard."

Once Jessa had settled in her spot and taken another drag from the cigarette, Fiona glanced at her.

"It's me," she said, to which Jessa turned to her curiously. "Erra is looking for .... me."

Jessa smiled, confused, then coughed. "Why would the old broad be lookin' for you, kid?"

Fiona looked to the site, and for once, she couldn't muster the strength to talk. Her once happy and bubbly personality had wilted when Naomi entered that vampire's den. She couldn't hold on to the lie anymore.

"I'm the clone. To continue the rein as it is now, Erra is looking for the clone to take over her place. If another were to step in-- they would undo everything that has been built."

The embers of Jessa's cigarette fell onto her lap, and she settled in the haze of the smoke. "You can't possibly know that."

"But, I do. I always have. When I was younger, I had terrible health issues and needed a heart transplant-- this was before you could get them readily available in the city. No one was my match except one other person-- but her heart wasn't beating. Her name was Erica Bruiner at the time, and the database brought up anyone that could be a match and then traced that match to the present day. However, Erica Bruiner didn't have any Children. So I was out of luck. I went to The Hunter Guild because they have the largest public library on vampire and human history, and when searching... I found her name." Fiona paused and took a deep breath; she smoothed out her black dress and continued. "Erica Bruiner had changed her name to Erra Hamilton after she had taken her position. It was her reborn name in that life. I then found I was the exact DNA match from Estella, who found me while she was with a friend down at Spark's mod shop. She pulled me aside and said that Arch Medical had been tracking me and hid the data from Erra after a conflict. Now..." Fiona looked at the screen of Naomi's neuro-link projection. "Erra thinks Naomi, who bit and stole a creator's powers, is the clone. We know nothing of her life. And she doesnt remember anything from the age of sixteen-- it's the perfect cover-up. And It was planned."

Jessa stared at Fiona, who stared back. "What do you mean it was planned, Fi?"

"Naomi had parents... somewhere out there in Arcadia. But her mother was a part of some secret experiment led by Arch Medical. They were testing if the vampire virus could transfer to the fetus. And if it did, what type of creature would come of it. They are testing that same idea in Mesa now. The implications were strange; they wiped the memory of the child. Some it was age five, some were ten, and others sixteen. It was a particularly adverse effect; by age Sixteen, everything Naomi knew was gone, it was a fog, and she will never get those memories back. All she remembers is she lived in one of Erra's orphanages. But that worked in my favor because if Erra ever questioned her, she would have no way of knowing who her parents had been, and most children would know, so that means she would have to be the clone. And I could live the life I wanted."

There was silence. The embers of Jessa's cigarette had all fallen on her lap and the floor. The screens danced with images of the party, Naomi's hand breaking the glass, the false story, Jonah returning, Noor's gentle touch on the young vampire's face, Erra's smile, and Noor picking apart the story of the imposter in the room.

"That's fucked up," Jessa said after watching the screen.

"Life is fucked up. We all do what we need to do to get by, no matter how unconventional it is." Fiona said, nodding. "I'm leaving before she gets back. The ship to Mesa is tonight around midnight."

"So, what? You just thought you would come in here, unburden yourself, and start new?" Jessa asked while one of her arms reached over to type on the computer, and the screen flicked to another camera centered on the CFO.

"I don't... know," Fiona said quietly, struggling to find the strength to continue talking." I feel...This all feels real now. We saw the vampires as a threat, but now we have spoon-fed them the one person who has no idea what any of this is and who has the possibility of being killed in the process. Someone should know that that is what Erra is looking for. Speaking of which, I need to find Ara. Let him know I'm leaving soon."

"Probably downstairs," Jessa said with a sigh, shaking her head as if trying to categorize the information provided. "Someone is gonna need to tell that kid this information. Are you sure you don't want it to be you, fi?"

Fiona looked out into the city through the massive floor-to-ceiling window as she stood. "She'll find out. And when she does, the blow won't be as devastating as it is now so early on in her progress. Now is not the right time."

Jessa blew out the smoke and watched Fiona make her way to the elevator and then disappear, only the echoing sound of her heels remaining. " It's not your call to make!" Jessa roared back but was left alone with only the quiet humming of the machines around her.

"Shit," Jessa hissed under her breath before pinging the group. "Everyone needs to get their asses back to the apartment. Shit's about to go down."

How would the little bird feel knowing she was just a cog in everyone else's machine?

Fiona exited the elevator and looked around the neatly organized apartment. Kaden had settled on the sofa with Pepper watching the news for any updates on the party just in case. His eyes were trained on the screen before he saw Fiona, who stood in the free space between the Kitchen Island and living space. She looked [/i] awkward[/i] and not as substantial of a presence as she always appeared to make herself. He couldn't question her. Everyone had their off days and living with each other-- they all saw each other's off days more often.

Kaden pointed to Aratone's room, and Fiona nodded before taking a sharp turn and heading to the door closest to the living area. She knocked once and then allowed herself in. Despite her most recent demeanor, she was still a force and silently demanded attention like Erra. At least this was one part of her that hadn't been wilted by her decision to tell Jessa Arch Medical's elaborate plan.

"You aren't out there watching the news like a hawk with Kaden? Aren't you two attached at the hip?" She asked, giggling, then taking a seat on a chair in the corner. She crossed her legs and looked at him with a smile. "Actually, maybe that's perfect. I need to talk to you-- T.V just gets in the way of that. We need to talk about my trip coming up.Tonight."

Last edited:
Character: Aratone Palladino.
Player/Group: Doc Fiona (@Kassia).

It seemed only a short while since Naomi, Nebuchadnezzar, and Jonah set out for Erra’s mansion. Just the three of them, alone in the lion’s den, surrounded by the very best and brightest of the blood-suckers. A statement which in itself seemed oxymoronic. But Aratone didn’t believe the grandeur and sophistication of such affairs for a moment. They might act like humans, dress like them, talk and mingle like them, but they had very different goals for how the future should be, one that didn’t orbit around living together in some sort of harmony and peace, if such a thing was ever possible.

To say he wasn’t nervous for the three was a lie. That is why he went to his room, to engage in some…familiar routine. Some calisthenics, maybe a drink. He popped a bottle of red and poured a single glass, though he took just a sip and never touched it again. He had moved on to dissembling and cleaning his weapons next, his shotgun divided into all it’s disparate parts, laid out on his dresser top on a white sheet. He himself sat on the edge of the bed facing towards it, with a spray bottle and cloth, cleaning each piece individually with a diligence he showed only in his work, and perhaps in the making of tomato sandwiches.

He didn’t look up when the door opened and a very familiar presence entered. Back in the day, such an entry would have excited him. It usually led to one thing, right here on this very bed in fact. Different sheets and coverings by now, but the springs and joints remembered. Her voice was like liquid candy, soothing and light, teasing him about not being with Kaden. Aratone just raised his brown eyes and fixed her with a simple, casual look. ”Jealous?” He teased her back, about him being attached at the hip with someone that wasn’t her. She took a seat next (she never had to ask) and turned the topic to something very, very solemn and grave.

Aratone didn’t pause in his cleaning regiment. Instead, he seemed to intensify. There were a dozen little indicators that the topic discomforted him. Lips fell shut. His eyes squinted. His jaw and cheeks tightened. His arms seemed to flex and the veins bulged atop his hand as he cleaned vigorously, polishing each metal bit of the shotgun until it seemed fresh off a factory belt. A full three seconds would pass in the utmost, deliberate agony before he spoke up again. ”That’s tonight, huh.” He just pointed out, not a question, but a statement of fact. She had talked about leaving. He knew she was going to do it. And now…it was time for her to do it.

He stood up and returned the piece he was working on back to the disassembled yet orderly myriad of gun parts atop his dresser. Aratone didn’t pick up another though, resting his hands on the corners and sighing heavily through his nose as he leaned forward a bit, his body at a slant towards the dresser like he was in some sort of pain. Why was he in some sort of pain? Something of the heart, clearly. Did she have to go? They weren’t even together anymore. He had no claim to her. But that didn’t mean he was ready to let her go. He wasn’t even assured in his decision to send Naomi on ahead, with two skilled veterans. That’s why he was in here, tripping out in his own silent way.

Then he just shrugged and put the cloth down, straightening up and turning to lean back against the dresser, facing her fully now, crossing his arms over his chest. ”You’re leaving tonight, huh. Just going to walk out in the middle of the night while half the crew is away on a mission? That’s dubious, even for you Fiona.” He seemed to critique her, but he also smiled lightly, indicating it was only a small tease and that he understood. Public goodbyes made it all the more difficult and emotional to leave. This was the best way to do it. For her though, not for everyone else. And Fiona was as much their mother as Aratone could be called their father.

”What’s wrong?”

Character: Jonah Irae / Norne Irae
Player/Group: Bela and Noor ( @BennyQ ), Erra and Naomi (@Kassia ) / Kade (@Kassia )
Time: Friday Evening

After cleaning off his platter, Jonah went to take one more group of champagne out to the party goers. The CFO clearly hadn't had all his poisoned champagne to drink. It would look suspicious if he just loitered in the kitchen until the CFO died. The champagne he brought out this time around was swiped relatively quickly. He had used a different walking pattern than last time to keep himself from where the CFO and his wife were. However, it was similar enough that he ended up by the spot that Bela had grabbed him initially. Once again, Jonah found himself getting ordered around by the same group of important leeches. Jonah cussed internally about it, but on the outside he was pleasant as he agreed. The fuck did these asshole vampires think he was? A goddamn chauffeur? This order put him right by Naomi and interacting with her. He had hoped to remain separate from her and Neb in an attempt to ensure the three of them wouldn't be associated with each other.

Oh well.

It was waiting for Naomi when Jonah's earpiece crackled. Jessa and...Fiona? He hadn't known the mod doc for very long at all. They mostly just had a small introduction when he arrived and that was it. All he knew was that Norne respected Fiona. As much as he held disdain towards his elder sister, if she had respect towards the mod doc then that meant she was good at what she did. It wasn't just anyone that could impress his sister. Jonah was careful to ensure his facial expression didn't change at the information buzzing through his com. Fucking hell. Jonah wanted to grab Naomi's arm and drag her off. He had no idea how she would react to all this information being spoke over the comms. It was...a huge fucking reveal. Naomi had been fucked over - her life used and stolen from her by other people that cared little for others but themselves. If there was anything Jonah highly valued, it was independence. This pissed him off.

"Back to the party, miss," Jonah stated nonchalantly to Naomi, giving a small tilt of his head towards the droning of the party. Once their backs were turned to Bela, Noor, and Erra and they were closer to the sound of the party, Jonah dared to say something.

"I know things are crumbling for you right now. Just focus on getting out of here. I'm going through the kitchens. You can come with me if you want," Jonah spoke while his eyes were forward, only looking towards Naomi at the end. There was a surprising amount of concern in his fake blue eyes as he showed actual empathy for her. This wasn't him being snarky or sarcastic. He was genuine here. It only lasted a moment before he quickly turned his eyes ahead as to not make it seem like they knew each other.

Norne stepped out from the shower, wringing the water out from her long brown hair. The steam that fogged up the mirror over her sink slowly began to disperse. Slowly, she rested her palms against the cool flat surface of the sink and leaned forwards. She stared into the vivid blue eyes of her reflection and took in a deep breath before releasing a slow exhale. Jonah. It had been a while since she has had a real interaction with her brother. Slowly, her eyes lowered to her bare arms. Silvery scars that have long since healed crisscrossed the skin of her biceps and forearms. Most were accidentally self-inflicted from when she was training as a kid. To use her whip sword, she needed to be aware of how to use a, well, whip. She trained for hours upon hours, until blisters covered her palms and her arms had blood trailing down her skin like spiderwebs. Until her body screamed and the muscles in her arms were so weak that she couldn't hold up her practice whips without shaking.

It wasn't much of a childhood.

A part of Norne had hoped that having her parents' attention would allow her little brother to have an actual childhood. Instead, she watched him torture himself like she had. He practiced over and over, fueled by the burning desire to be loved by their parents and make them proud. Fueled by a simmering hatred for her since she had that attention and constantly beat him when they were pit against each other. All of it was to ensure that they would be prepared to kill bloodsucking monsters in this city. Yet, to treat your own children as nothing more than deadly assets...was that not just as monstrous? If vampires ceased existing, what kind of future was her brother to have? He didn't take his education all that seriously. The only future he ever saw was being a hunter. Without monsters to hunt, the skill he valued most was killing. He'd feel even more lost than he already did.

With a small shake of her head, Norne quickly tugged her clothes on. It was a simple gray tank top and black running shorts. She headed out from her room and headed to the common area. There, she saw Kade watching the news with Pepper at his side. A small smile curved on her lips. The dog was adorable. Norne walked over and sat in a nearby chair by Kade. "Hey, anything interesting happening?" She asked, leaning forward and resting her chin on her hand as she glanced at the tv. News had never interested her much. It was just a bunch of propaganda spout out by opinionated and paid off journalists. That said, if something happened at the party, it would likely show up on the news. Kade was probably watching it for that reason. "Pepper is adorable, by the way," She smiled warmly as she looked his way. She hadn't seen much of the dog since she spent the vast majority of her time at the Bridge Apartments in the infirmary to do her research.

Last edited:
Character: NPC Fiona
Player/Group: Aratone (@BennyQ)

Fiona watched Aratone closely. He had stopped tinkering with the parts on the sheet-covered dresser and waited. She was used to this, or at least she was. He grew silent at her words which didn't catch her off guard after he had made a comment about her being jealous of his and Kaden's friendship, and instead of poking and prodding him as she used to always do, tell me how you're feeling, why are you upset? She simply looked at the dresser of gun parts.

"Yes, that's tonight." Fiona eventually said, resting her elbows on the arms of the chair. She watched him, though she attempted not to inspect his posture. He seemed to always harbor his frustration and anger closely, and it was more noticeable in how the tension showed on his body, and she supposed in some way she had learned that over the years. Guilt riddled her own body. She lived in fear of meeting Naomi all her life, for her to discover this closely guarded secret-- that her life had all been set up based on that girl and her forgotten memories. Naomi had been Fiona's stepping stone into her own life, away from Erra's court and the responsibility. She had never gained any of the vampire queen's powers, so she wasn't sure what would happen to her if they ever found that secretout. Fiona was human, through and through. She had no place among vampires. But Naomi did, and maybe she felt a tinge of satisfaction. Now Naomi could make a name for herself.

" What's wrong?"

Fiona shrugged. Did she genuinely want to reiterate what she had told Jessa? Leave him with that impression? Poor Naomi deserved so much better than to be made the spectacle of the group. "Why would you assume anything is wrong? We have more history, babe, far more, and I can't just leave you without saying goodbye. I'm not a monster." She scoffed and smiled playfully, but she felt nervous, and her long claw-like nails tapped the arm of the chair.

"I hate flying. I don't even like being this high up from the ground in this apartment. But I have to do this. I can't stay here in Arcadia. You and I both know this." Slowly she stood, adjusted the skirt of her dress, and moved to the side of the dresser.

Fiona's voice was soft as she spoke to ensure that no one else could hear her conversation with him."I've made many mistakes, but this opportunity can help me fight them. Besides, what more could I do here, nag you about smoking? If you'd like, I'll send a postcard from Mars about that, and then you can tell me all about how you dont care." She giggled softly and delicately touched his cheek, " You'll be okay. Look at all the people here you have... Kaden, Norne, Naomi, Nebuchadnezzar, and whoever else might make their way into your life. Though..." She paused and looked at his cheek then before patting it.

"Take care of that poor girl, please. Don't let Kaden give her such a hard time, or I might have to come back and knock sense into both of you." Fiona gave Aratone a playfully stern glare before adjusting her posture and taking in a more profound sigh. She stood there for a moment longer, a slight smile pulled at her lips before she moved around him and exited the room, closing his door with a soft click of the latch. She wouldn't stop to say goodbye to the others. Instead, she moved to the elevator, her room, picked up her single bag of clothing, and left.

Character: Naomi// NPC Jessa, NPC Fiona// Erra
Player/Group: Noor (@BennyQ ) Nebuchadnezzar ( @Kosmik_Khaos )

" Surprising to me why there were humans even there at that hour. They are very tardy when it comes to their little…curfew bell. And we know the Creator,"

Naomi paused as she glanced at Erra and then Noor, her hazel eyes wide and searching. The dread sank in almost instantly.

"I-I dont know... I don't know why they were there." She said after a moment, her voice soft and caught in her throat. As Noor continued to speak, she looked down at her hands, which nervously gripped her dress. Her cheeks would have been cherry red in embarrassment and frustration if blush had been an option in her vampiric state.

On the other hand, Erra looked to Noor, her posture statuesque as she patiently listened to Naomi's story and explanations. Truthfully, she had nothing to worry about. Erra could quickly strike down the little vampire if she tried to run or if she felt any form of betrayal.

" And the lights, you say! Shame you couldn't see what happened next. I suppose also that is the blind chance you survived, giving in to your base instincts to claw and survive, like every vampire. Your back was to the wall, so you reverted to this base state of mind, like a feral. You poor thing,"

"It's me. Erra is looking for .... me."

As Naomi listened to the two vampires in the library voice their sympathies for Naomi's blight, she could hear the faint voice of Fiona in the background of Jessa's microphone. Her brows furrowed, and she was glad she had chosen to look down at that moment. It would be challenging to assume Naomi was thinking of anything other than Noor and Erra's conversation.

"I'm the clone. To continue the rein as it is now, Erra is looking for the clone to take over her place. If another were to step in-- they would undo everything that has been built."

Naomi cleared her throat to let Jessa know she heard the conversation but then looked at Erra. A clone?

"Naomi had parents... somewhere out there in Arcadia. [...]by age Sixteen, everything Naomi knew was gone, it was a fog, and she will never get those memories back. All she remembers is she lived in one of Erra's orphanages. But that worked in my favor because if Erra ever questioned her, she would have no way of knowing who her parents had been, and most children would know, so she would have to be the clone. And I could live the life I wanted."

" But you are better than that. You remembered who you are, what makes you…you, your heart and soul."

Suddenly Naomi looked up from her confusion, what was happening to her life right now? Her eyes were rimmed in blood again, her posture still. No matter how pained she felt, she couldn't cry in front of these two predators now. All Naomi could think was of the conversation she and Aratone had in the elevator after she tried to leave the Guild, how kind Fiona had been to her upon arrival, and never once judged her struggles with A-300.

Naomi couldn't tell if Noor was being honest or manipulative. But her hand was so delicate on her cheek, and she felt so upset. She knew they thought this show of tears was all in favor of her false narrative. Out of habit, Naomi swallowed and nodded, wiped away the blood from her cheek with a single index finger, and looked to the side.

"I..." Naomi began before collecting herself and rolling her shoulders back to compose herself more professionally, looked to Noor and Erra." I understand how far-fetched this may appear, but I also can not believe these events happened myself. However, my word is accurate. I wish I could explain more, but I truly must be going. It would be rude to allow my date to wait on me." Naomi stood in one fluid motion and moved to the exit between the two sofas and past Bela. To which Erra put up her hand to stop others from following. As Naomi exited the room, Erra looked at Noor.

"I don't believe a word that young lady said." She sighed and then stood to walk around the grand library. "But I simply can not understand how she could steal that Creator's abilities for her own. I do not have this ability; the only one I can think of with it died with the rest of the ancients. In your research, Noor, have you found anything about this woman? I don't enjoy using my gift unless I absolutely must." Erra flexed her hand gracefully in thought. She had taken on a troubled expression slowly throughout her worry. "I can't allow her to uproot the treaties and lives that have been established. I want that clone brought here and training to start. We are in a position now where she could ruin everything we have built. Her and whoever else is working with her."

Meanwhile, Naomi entered a darker part of the mansion on the same floor as the library, which had a balcony that looked down at the ballroom. She watched Neb talk with Lorelei and the CFO and felt her chest tighten. That feeling had only happened when she was in her fledgling state, so she found it odd that it could continue to happen now as a fully-fledged vampire. The news Fiona had provided shattered her. Her mind was a fog. She couldn't remember anything. Fond memories of her parents, of her life before the age of sixteen, were gone.

Naomi tried desperately to focus on the crowd below; her hands tightened on the golden railing as she watched intensely. She must have looked like a looming bat staring down at potential prey. Still, focusing wasn't nearly enough to get her mind off this. Had Jonah and Nebuchadnezzar also heard Jessa and Fiona's conversation? What were the others back at the apartment thinking? Aratone had the closest relationship with Fiona. He must have known- how could he not tell her!

"I know things are crumbling for you right now. Just focus on getting out of here. I'm going through the kitchens. You can come with me if you want,"

She couldn't tell; maybe it didn't matter at the moment if the rage was all her own or the result of her overload of abilities. Still, her body felt hot and ached, and she wanted to pass out. As she turned away from the festivities below, she saw Bela and rolled her head in frustration, her posture slumping. She wanted to cry, lash out, or rip into something. Containing that feeling was becoming more difficult by the second; she looked at Jonah briefly, parting her lips to speak before she looked up at Bela in frustration.

" Oh, come on! Can you give me a fucking second?"

Character: Naomi// NPC Jessa, NPC Fiona// Erra
Player/Group: Noor/ NPC Bela/ Aratone (@BennyQ ) Nebuchadnezzar/ Lorelie ( @Kosmik_Khaos ) Norne/ Jonah ( @ThatGeckoGirl)
The Bridge apartments-> Common room

"Hey, anything interesting happening?

Suddenly the cameras turned, and that is when Kaden stood up. Just moments before he and Norne sat on the sofa, Pepper between them soaking up the attention. Her ears flicked to the word "adorable ."Kaden laughed, nodding as he patted the puppy's shoulder gently. Just as he looked up to view norne in the light of day, his eyes flicked to the "breaking news report that flashed on the screen.

Kaden stood and looked to Fiona as she exited the room, he couldn't help but wonder what had happened as she walked away quickly, but this wasn't a time to ask those questions.

<BREAKING NEWS: CFO OF ARCH MEDICAL HAS HEART ATTACK AT ANNUAL OROBOROS CHARITY EVENT>

"They fucking did it!" Kaden said, crossing his arms and staring at the screen to see the people crowding around the expired man. Though he diligently searched the camera for the rest of the hunters to see if anything would tip the news team off that something had happened. While he stood, he could feel his arm ache from the black market modification and his stomach turn from it, and for a brief moment, as he sat down, the cameras caught someone familiar. One of the cameras panned to a party guest who took a few steps up the stairs, which caught Naomi's gaze; turning briefly from Bela to look and see what was happening.

"Where is Erra?" The distinctly feminine voice sounded through the hushed whispers of the ballroom. " I am here to claim my rightful place on this forsaken throne!" Suddenly there was silence, and Kaden felt his head pounding while he processed what he was seeing.

"Estella?" He choked out while his free hand rubbed into his shoulder.

Last edited:
Character: Nebuchadnezzar / Loreley
Player/Group: Jessa/Naomi Richardsen (@Kassia ), Jonah (@ThatGeckoGirl )

Loreley 'allowed' Nebby to lead her further onto the dancefloor, gracefully moving through the crowd all the while somehow staying in step with the music. Eventually reaching the center of the floor, and having attracted quite a few eyes while doing so, the pair danced. It was instantly recognizable by all watching that the duo were not human by the fluidity of their movements, and both being high profile individuals they were quickly recognized. Full lips quirked up into a smile revealing the points of deadly teeth. "Now that we have everybody's attention I want to make a proposal." Loreley's mouth barely moved as she spoke and it if wasn't for Nebby's incredible hearing the world would have been drowned out by the music and murmur of voices from the crowd around them. Nebby returned the slight smile, this woman had effectively given them privacy in the middle of a social event all while gaining positive publicity. He felt his respect for her grow a touch. "Is it indecent?" He quipped back naturally. She wanted the Nebuchadnezzar experience, she was going to get it.

Her next few sentences had him eating those words. "In fact it is. I want you to open you club up to us." She replied completely barreling over the innuendo and taking Nebby off guard. "Excuse me what?" He asked clearly caught off guard his face openly wearing his confusion. The soft snort followed by borderline unlady like laugh that rang out from Loreley drew even more eyes to them. Covering her mouth she dropped her forehead against his torso and shook her head. "Oh wow. I don't think I've ever seen such a face on a full convert before." She was used to seeing his type go statue still like her kind was prone to do when shocked or confused, much like he had when she first approached him.

His question still not answered he redirected her back to it. "Look, I'm just has human as you are. I'm capable of getting caught off guard. And since when do vampires giggle snort?" This time it was Loreley who was shocked into momentarily stillness. "Did you call me human?" She asked an elegant eyebrow creeping upwards. "That's what you are going to focus on? Yeah I called you human. You are a human with a condition, just like I am a human in a machine. People aren't born Vamps anymore than they are born 'Borgs. We're made into those things. Now, what do you mean you want me to open The Garden to you?"

Still internally reeling at the way the man in front of her casually claimed Vampires we're just people "With a condition" Loreley blinked her large blue eyes a few times and pushed it aside for the time being. "I mean exactly that. You have the cities largest and most recognized club, you have a brand, a reputation for being a haven to the people in a world of bleakness. You have built a legend around yourself. If you were to open your doors to us more places will do the same just to emulate you. We will be able to start to desegregate the human and vampire populations in safe and manageable ways."

Neb mulled over her words but still wasn't seeing exactly what her end goals were, and he said as much. "I can see the potential for revenue gain and the risk of ruin on my end. What do you get out of this?" Understanding his distrust and appreciating his being upfront with her she returned the gesture. "Simple, exposure. I want to change the light in which my kind is seen. If we can get a more positive image just imagine the advances we can make. Look at was has been down with A-300 already and that took decades due to mistrust. If we could work openly with humans imagine the advances we could make. Vampiric regeneration for traumatic wounds without having to change the patient, cures to most if not all diseases. Vampirism is a very jealous 'condition' as you have put it and those that are changed usually cannot get ill unless we directly ingest large amounts of infected blood, and even then it's only for the worst of the diseases. There are so many avenues of making the world better for everyone, but it has to start with a better image."

Neb danced in silence for several long minutes. The unnatural dance partners all but gliding over the dancefloor. He took the time to consider all the possible implications of allowing Vampires into his club. It wasn't just blurring the lines between the races, it was blurring the lines between his carriers as well. He was a hunter in both his lives and this would not be something that everyone would accept. As he considered what to do Fi's voice came in over the coms.

"It's me," she said, "Erra is looking for .... me."...

Neb threw his body into a sort of autopilot his mind laser focusing on the conversation happening across the city. When Fi, no, Fiona was finished speaking Neb as glad he wasn't around her. He knew he would have evicted her lungs from her chest in a fit of rage. As angry as he was with her, and all parties involved he couldn't exactly blame her. She was doing exactly what everyone else in the Gods cursed place was dong. Trying to get by the best she could. "I have something to wrap up. Tell the kid to ghost, I'm going to get Naomi out of here." Neb replied to Jessa and then returned his attention to Loreley.

Despite his movements remaining smooth Loreley could tell something was holding most of his attention elsewhere. Watching intently she continued to dance in silence, her curiosity growing with each passing minute. She could tell when he refocused on her and she gave him a look that let him know she knew he was ignoring her. "My apologies. Something has come up. But before I go I want to accept your offer. I'm expanding the club and this could be a great opportunity for growth. A touch impolitely he cast his personal contact information to the diminutive vampire woman. "Send me more details about this idea of yours. The big picture and the small part that concerns me. I might be interested in investing more than opening my club's doors to your cause. Now I really must go." Without giving her a chance to argue he disengaged from their dance and gave her a polite bow of his head before quickly getting off the dancefloor his eyes searching for Naomi. "Baby bird I know you heard that, wrap up and meet me out front."

He hated not being able to be more gentle with her but right now it was best she had clear cut goals she could focus on, and right now they needed to get out of there before shit met fan. Neb easily navigated the crowd and made his way out front. Once outside he spoke to the valet standing on duty. "Look, I have an emergency, more money than God himself and the physical power to fold you like origami." Leading with that he did a quick hack of the valet and transferred him 15k on the spot. "Don't ask anything, don't say anything, just go grab me a car and bring it right here." Grabbing the valets shoulders Neb physically turned the valet towards the parking area and gave them a light shove. "Thank you." He called after them as the poor, well not so poor at the moment, but still confused worker ran off to do as they were commanded. Neb waited for both Naomi to show up and the valet to return, hopefully with something nice, 15k was good chunk of change.

Character: Loreley
Player/Group: Erra ( @Kassia ) / Noor ( @BennyQ )

Loreley watched the man named Nebuchadnezzar leave suddenly, the ghost of an amused smile curling the corner of her lips. He was somehow more than what she expected but in a way she couldn't quantify. Before she could be drawn into more dancing she too made her exit from the dancefloor and headed upstairs towards the library. She wasn't sure if Erra and Noor were finished with their work but she needed to report her success to them both regardless. On her way to the library she passed a particularly lovely young vampire that she didn't recognize. Before she took the time to speak to the girl to figure out who she was and where she came from she spotted Bela. If he was outside of the library then she knew Erra was finished.

Attention drawn from the young Vampire Loreley walked to the library doors and knocked before stepping in, more to announce herself than seek permission to enter. "My Goddess." Loreley bowed her head in respect to Erra then turned her attention to Noor. "Noor." She gave the older Vampire a respectful nod. "How did your meeting go?" She asked, gathering that the girl was not the one they were looking for but still, there was a tense air in the room she could feel.

Character: Jonah Irae / Norne Irae
Player/Group: Naomi/Kade (@Kassia ), Neb (@Kosmik_Khaos )
Location: Party -> Outside Bridge Apartments / Bridge Apartments - Common Area

Not long after Naomi was able to leave the library and Fiona exposed her own secrets of the comms, a woman screamed. Instinctively, Jonah's body tensed and his hands lingered by his waists as he looked in the direction of the scream. The CFO's wife. The CFO had collapsed to the ground, clutching his chest and spasming. White foamy spittle was rising up from his lips and starting to trickle down the sides of his face. Gasps and other screams of surprise and horror began to echo out. All eyes, all attention, was on the dying CFO of Arch Medical. Thankfully, for Jonah, he had already been on his way to the kitchens with an empty tray. He was close by the walls. No one would notice one of the waiters slip into the kitchens and leave. That had been his plan from the beginning of this anyways. It was time for him to scram.

Jonah ensured he wasn't drawing any sort of attention when he plastered a horrified expression on his face to act surprised by this assassination. Even if it was fake and forced, no one was looking closely at him to tell that. At the moment, people thought it was a mere heart attack. The idea that this was a planned killing hadn't risen up just yet. Jonah ducked his head as he slipped through the revolving kitchen door with his platter. Those who were in the kitchen were whispering amongst themselves, trying to figure out what to do as some peeked out from the door. Jonah moved to the sink to place his platter in it. From there, he moved back towards glasses as though he was going to get them to fill with water. He blended into the background. No one cared what a nameless waiter was doing. Jonah pushed the kitchen exit open just enough so he could squeeze his body through. The small exit took only a few seconds. He was quick, and didn't make any noticeable sounds in his little escape. He held onto the door from the outside, letting it slowly shut so it didn't make a loud bang upon closing. The cool air of the night hit the back of Jonah's neck. He paused for just a few moments to ensure no one came out after him. If they did and saw him, he had a cigarette in his pocket he could make the excuse of wanting to smoke. When no one showed up, Jonah tugged off the white apron part of his outfit, bundled it into his hands, and slipped off down the street and into an alleyway.

This was probably the most dangerous part of the whole mission for him. Right now, he didn't have his weapons on him, and he couldn't just go into the car with Neb and Naomi. That meant, he needed to make it to the spot he stashed a change of clothes and his weapons without being attacked by a vampire. Thankfully, he stashed his items close by. He looked up a rundown brick building, getting a small running start before he jumped up. Using the broken, rugged bricks on the wall, he scaled up just high enough to reach a broken window on the second floor. Jonah eased himself through the window without too much difficulty. The room of the abandoned apartment complex had piles of broken wood on the floor and destroyed furniture. Jonah walked over to one of the piles of broken planks and heaved them to the side, showing his bag of goodies. A smirk crossed over his features. Perfect, nothing had been stolen. He practically ripped the waiter clothing from his body. He hated the damn stuffy thing. His old jeans, red long sleeved shirt, beat sneakers, and kickass black jacket lined with packets of silver...that was the shit. Jonah felt himself relax in his usual clothing, feeling far more comfortable as he attached his escrima sticks to his waist. Jonah shoved the waiter clothes and dress shoes into the bag before tossing it across his shoulder. The last thing he did was take the blue contacts out of his eyes. He carelessly just tossed these to the side in the room.

From there, Jonah hopped out from the window and landed in a crouch in the alleyway. A large grin couldn't help but spread itself across his face. He almost hoped some ferals would pop out from the shadows and attacked him. After that damn act in the party, he wanted to do something edgy. Something exciting. Instead, Jonah actually made the right decision here as he made his way back towards the Bridge Apartments. Using the mods in his feet, he boosted his speed in small bursts or gave himself a large leap to scale something. He parkoured his way back to the apartments, wanting to feel at least a small twinge of excitement. Of a rush. Jonah knew he likely had a problem - an addiction to adrenaline just like his enjoyment of drinking too much alcohol. "Too fuckin' bad," Jonah huffed out as the Bridge Apartments loomed ahead, "No leeches got in my way." He tugged out the cigarette in his pocket and the lighter with it, putting the toxic item between his lips and lighting it. Jonah leaned back against the wall of the apartments, taking a drag of the cigarette as he waited for Naomi and Neb to appear. He didn't smoke much, but it seemed like a waste to toss the thing without using it. As he waited, he tried to churn over the information that was exposed over the coms from Fiona. It didn't exactly impact him...but he did feel bad for Naomi.

"Her!"

Norne's voice came out the same time that Kaden spoke the name, 'Estella.' Her eyes cut to him in surprise. The woman that the cameras had panned to on the TV was someone Norne never expected to see again. Or, perhaps she had hoped she wouldn't. The last time Norne saw this woman was in the morgue of Arch Medical. Before, she had seen her in the facility itself. This was many years ago - back when Norne was still new and rising up in the medical field. This woman had been one of the administrators to validate her healing syringe for use back when Norne had first developed it. Estella had been brought to the morgue after being killed by a vampire. The autopsy was to be conducted to confirm that her cause of death was consistent to a death by vampire. There were always murderers who attempted to hide their killings by making it seem like a vampire attack, so looking into each victim was important to make sure they didn't miss anything. When Norne was turning to get the forensic pathologist at the time one of the tools to cut into the body...Estella had reanimated. Norne never got the chance to react before the blood-crazed fledgling vampire had ripped out the pathologist's throat with her teeth and fled.

Even as a hunter, she was a human with next to no modifications. There was no way she could have caught up with Estella at that time. Instead, Norne had done her best to try and save the doctor, but it had been no use. His carotid artery had been completely ripped apart. The man bled out in seconds. She supposed that she had gotten lucky that day. She hadn't had her weapons on her at the time. If Estella had also attacked her, she would have had to improvise with medical tools that were around. Against vampires, her combat specialty was mid to long range - not close. There's only so much that martial arts could aid her against a vampire with no modifications or gear on. None of this, however, explained how Kade knew her.

"How do you...?" Norne began quietly, only to trail off. She didn't interact with people all that much, but she wasn't an idiot. The way he had choked out her voice...there was pain in that. Her eyes shifted down to the wedding ring he wore. Could she be his...? No, Norne didn't want to make assumptions, even if they had a good chance at being right. The last thing she wanted to do was cause him pain by bringing up his wife directly, or put him in an uncomfortable position regarding it. After all, she might not exactly be someone he would want to talk to about such deep-rooted topics. A part of Norne nearly winced at that thought. Why? Did she want to be someone like that for Kade?

Now wasn't the time to think of such things. She did her best to clear her mind of those intrusive thoughts.

"Did you...do you...know her?" Norne asked Kade quietly, looking at him with concerned but attentive blue eyes.

Player/Group: Doc Fiona (@Kassia).

Aratone didn’t know the truth about Fiona’s past. As far as he had been aware, she had always been here in this particular Hunter tribe. She was always his contemporary, same age, same outlooks. Well, mostly. He recalled vague, cryptic statements of her intending to move on, to help develop and establish other groups to counteract the various evils that imperilled humanity. She always had a great heart like that, never one to be possessed or contained. He was even foolish once to think he could have locked her down in a relationship. They were both too free spirited for that, spreading their wings, flying where they may, not at all following a flight plan of anyone else. Where did it all go wrong?

That riddle would stay with him forever now. She was leaving. ”Uhuh.” He voiced somewhat disbelievingly to her not being a monster. To his heart, she was, since she refused to give him hers. But that was just his personal outlook, and certainly not something to be condemned over. He had no right to it. Still sucked though, even with this understanding. ”Yeah…I know.” He also relented to her not being able to stay here, offering up a tired smirk to her being afraid of heights. Oh yeah, he had played around with that a lot back in the day. A comedic premise, now a token of…sadness. Not a laugh he would be sharing with anyone else anymore. Another piece of his heart seemed to fade away. But they grew back. Well, mostly.

Aratone uncrossed his arms, as Fiona drew nearer. She touched his cheek and reprimanded herself for mistakes made, as well as lightly chiding him for his smoking habit. His smile seemed to waver, the muscles of his cheek seemingly resisting that act, as it did not represent what he felt inside. This was a worse trial than a battle with a host of vampires, but still, Aratone held firm. He just watched her, perhaps eyes glistening a little, as there was no denying this was the end. Fiona was leaving. Mars, she said. Sounded like a one way trip. He could only nod at first, accepting her warnings, her playful rebukes, her promise of others being there. What more needed to be said?

Yet he had to say something, because that chance would never come again. Before she could leave, his hand reached out and took her wrist, drawing her back. ”One mistake you’ll have to carry is me smoking. But the others…oh sweet girl, that’s not a burden you need to carry forever. Burying yourself in work is not the healthy answer. Take it from me. Find time to stop and smell the roses, if they have them on Mars.” Aratone said to her, before pulling her in for a deep, strong bear hug, wrapping her in his arms. He kissed the side of her brow lightly and fluttered his lips to her ear. ”You be good now, y’hear?” He just said, patting her back. Then he released her.

And turned away, back to his work, because if he looked at her now, as she left, he might try to restrain and keep her here, with argument, with debate, with force. It would not be pretty. Not for either of them. Just…go. And life would continue, as it always had. When the door clicked shut, only then did he sigh and sink his broad shoulders.

Life would continue. Well…mostly. He hoped.

Player/Group: Naomi Richardsen, Erra Hamilton (@Kassia), Jonah Irae (@ThatGeckoGirl), Loreley Evers (@Kosmik_Khaos ).

Naomi rose and seemed to agree that the events recounted were…fantastical and unlikely, to say the least. But her word was accurate. Of course, why shouldn’t it be so? Noor gave Erra another glance, but said nothing for now. Noor rose just as Naomi did, gathering her skirts and giving Naomi passage by her, since they were seated so close. ”Of course, see your…date. Don’t go too far though, this party is just beginning, young one.” Noor beckoned affectionately to the young vampire, though it also contained a veiled threat not to leave before their business was conducted. Who would ever dare? Bela watched her go as well, adjusting the hem of his suit jacket, but saying nothing, yet. No one said a word until they heard the click and shut of the distant doors, before Noor allowed her shoulders to sag, sink back into the couch, and pick up her second cup of champagne, a gesture that felt more out of habit than any real gain of relaxation or enjoyment from the liquor.

Erra voiced first what they were both clearly feeling. I don’t believe a word that young lady said. ”Me neither. There are too many holes in her tale. It calls for deeper scrutiny. The unreliable narrator aspect is just too convenient for a situation like this.” Noor nodded in agreement. In regards to knowing anything in her own research, Noor just pursed her lips and shook her head. She didn’t like having negative answers for Erra. It did instill in her a desire to learn all she could, however necessary. And no tactic was off the book. Bribery, coercion…torture.

”I’ll make it my top most priority to find out all her compatriots and contemporaries, before and now, if there are any. My contacts with the city administration would be able to provide a basic start.” Noor slugged back her drink, before she herself…crushed the glass in her hand, much as Naomi had done, stabbing her palm with the broken shards. Cold drop lets of blood dripped to the floor. ”By any means necessary.” She concluded, making a blood vow to her Goddess. She wouldn’t rest until all the answers were found.

Bela came around, wordlessly, to begin plucking up the broken shards with his own hands, heedless of the pain, cleaning up after his employer and mistress. At that time, Loreley Evers entered into the library, knocking for permission. Their top scientist and researcher. Noor wondered if Loreley might sense the spilled blood, her own or Naomi’s. She clearly missed a party. ”Come.” Noor called out, Bela departing with all the broken shards and Noor’s hand healing of it’s own accord. ”Ms. Evers. Come, have a seat.” Noor beckoned her to come join her on the larger couch, where they both could face Erra. ”We have a few riddles that your scientific mind could perhaps work out for us.” She pointed out, before gesturing to Erra, allowing her to fill in the other woman.

As Bela returned, Noor gestured for a quick aside for the bodyguard. ”Go and keep an eye on the fledgling. Ensure that she does not stray far. Have her brought nearby actually, just in case.” Noor whispered to him.

”Yes, ma’am.” Bela replied briskly.

"And find me the name of that waiter just had in here. A temp? One must make sure he understands the gravity of what he just witnessed...and that he didn't." That he didn't witness anything at all, if he knew what was good for him.

"Yes, ma'am." Bela replied again, in a deep tone and went out again, tireless in the prosecution of his duties and loyalties.

It wasn’t hard to find Naomi in the ballroom. He could smell her. She was on a terrace, overlooking the grandiose ballroom below. Far enough that those below would not hear, and barely see, there being far more interesting sights and sounds on their own level. No witnesses at all up here, in a restricted area, where only guests personally requested or summoned by the Goddess could be and wait. She turned as Bela approached and he opened his mouth to address her in his usual blunt fashion. ”Girl-“ he started to say, until she exploded.

Oh, come on! Can you give me a fucking second?

Bela fixed her with a stern glare, not at all impressed by the ferocity. ”It takes a second to show respect, girl. For someone now blessed with undead immortality, impatience does not become you. Now be silent, and be along, or you shall be made to be so.” Bela warned her, reaching out to clamp his bear like paw right on her little shoulder, slapping it down…roughly.

Player/Group: NPC Bela ( @BennyQ )

Between Jonah telling her to pull herself together politely and Bela requesting her back in the library, the lion's den, Naomi thought she might explode. She felt her skin crawling and her hands tightening on the balcony railing, leaving nail prints on the golden exterior. She had parents and life before being left in some orphanage controlled by the most powerful woman in the city. Didn't they understand the gravity of this news?

The vampire knew she needed to collect herself. She didn't have the sway to throw this mission and draw attention to herself. And she certainly wanted to avoid creating a mess to have everyone scramble and fix it. But this... this had been too much. As she pushed herself away from the railing, she gracefully stalked forward.

"Fine." The single word was laced with venom, venom Naomi didn't even know she possessed in her body. She followed Bela without another word keeping her reddening eyes on the back of his head. Instead of grabbing Bela's neck and breaking it, leaving him there for all to see, she picked up the skirt of her dress and ran towards the grand staircase. Below, the CFO coughed and gagged, and a woman's scream erupted from the ballroom, and Naomi had half a mind to look back, but now seemed like the prime opportunity to pave the way for herself and make a break for it to the limo outside.

Naomi would only fight him if he decided to chase after her. She would do this for her team despite the information if she had any semblance of control. She simply could not and would not be why this mission was unsuccessful.

But...This was it.

While she assumed Jonah and Nebby hadn't known this information from Fiona due to their recent introduction into the apartment, she didn't trust that Aratone, Kaden, and Norne hadn't known. Aratone...Dammit, she felt dumb, like a child who had trusted the wrong people. Was this what he had been trying to warn her about in the apartments' lobby and the elevator? About not losing herself-- Precisely, who was she now? Had her life been a lie? Fiona was closer to them; she must have told them. The betrayal was so intense.

Character: Erra// Estella
Player/Group: All groups.

Erra nodded to Noor's observation, sat in the desk chair, crossed her legs, and leaned into one arm. She watched Noor's hand apply pressure to the champagne flute and finally break through the glass. Erra's nail tapped her bottom lip in thought.

"Very well." She sighed and then looked to the door as Lorelie entered; she was a vision in the darkness of the night, much like Noor was. There was a sense of worry in the Vampire queens' minds, and she looked to her grand library of literature. While Erra was understanding and did not want Noor to over-exert herself to find this information, now was not the time to sit back and watch this play out. As the glass was removed from Noor's hand and the floor, Erra stood and exited the library. She simply could not focus on this right now; immediately, she moved forward to the railing as Bela exited the room and took off in another direction. Suddenly, a scream rang out below, and her eyes zeroed in on it; then suddenly, another woman's voice bellowed over the commotion, and standing at the base of the stairs were Estella and her companion Bara Godfrey.

Erra straightened her posture, appearing like a spire of ice from the lavishly decorated floor.

Estella Godfrey, once Estella Harlow, had worked at Arch Medical as an administrator. She was very successful, but some thought her rise to the top had been falling upwards on the food chain. Despite that, Erra had grown rather fond of her. Estella was a mother. She understood the struggle and yearning for more in life outside of the daily grind. So she was ecstatic to help Erra's dream come true with the clone. Estella had been recently married, well, Erra had considered it recent as she had lived hundreds of years before this woman. But she had married a local business owner, Kaden Harlow, and created a sturdy life among the Arcadian ruins. A husband, and a daughter, Caroline-- Erra wanted that. Unfortunately, she had been robbed of that very thing. Her creators were her children, no matter how unruly some of them had been.

Now here this woman stood at the base of the marble stairs:

"I am here to claim my rightful place on this forsaken throne!"

Forsaken?
That was rude, Erra had built a lovely home for her kind, and she abided by the rules that Arcadian officials had wanted. She was very compliant. But it raised the question of why these abilities had found themself in a slain medical administrator of all people.

"Estella--" Erra said through her teeth before gathering her dress and moving to the base of the stairs. "You've returned."

Estella stared at the vampire Queen, her fledgling eyes trained on the woman, and a slow smile pulled at her lips.

"Very much so. And I think you know, by law, this is where we come to the ... rational decision for you to step down."

While Estella and Erra exchanged electrified glances, Bara skimmed his eyes over the crowd and watched as Nebuchadnezzar exited the lavish building. He had known this man from his club, who didn't know the Hanging Gardens in Arcadia? Then he caught Naomi at the top of the balcony running, and Jonah looked back and dipped into the kitchen; they had completed the job, and now they just needed to get out. He noted them but did not pursue them; Estella would not want that. In fact, she wanted the Hunters Guild protected.

In her plan to take over, she had sought out the Guild, created a pact with them to secure the Oath, and then return the city to the humans. While Jessa had been the spearhead for the mission at the charity event and for Arch Medical, Estalla had prompted the idea. They would make a cure. She didn't know how, when, or with what materials, but there would be a cure, and vampires would be eradicated. But she couldn't do that without taking that seat on the throne, regardless of how she felt about the idea. This would put Kaden at risk and their child, along with anyone else he associated with.

Character: Kaden
Player/Group: Norne ( @ThatGeckoGirl )

Kaden stared at the television in disbelief, his hand rose, and he held it out, looked to Norne and then the T.V again, and shook his head as if trying to shake out a nightmare.

"How do you...?

Norne's voice was an echo in his own mind. He couldn't focus. All he could think of was his child; if Estella was alive, then she must not be human and there for his family; his reason for living was in danger. He could only imagine that she had changed, much like Naomi, and her thoughts would be compromised. Not to mention, as the camera panned to the beautiful blond-haired woman dressed in a highly extravagant and queenly gown, she had someone else next to her.

"Did you...do you...know her?"

"That... was? That was my wife," he stated after a moment, his throat catching his words and strangling them. He coughed and then spoke again. "That was my wife." Slowly, despite his arm aching, he leaned forward and set his elbows on his knees and held his hands in his head. " She... was killed a few years ago by, uh, by a vampire. I couldn't protect her, and she died, or at least... I was told she died."

Kaden didn't want to be in this room anymore, he saw the concern in Nornes blue eyes, but he couldn't pour his energy into it, no matter how safe he felt in her hands. Hell, he didn't want to be anywhere in Arcadia. He stood and immediately made his way to his room, where he pulled out a duffle bag and clawed his way through his closet, frantically stuffing his clothes into it. There was no way he was going to stay here while he was hundreds of miles from his Caroline. he made himself physically ill, the mechanical arm ached, and he let out a frustrated growl as he held onto the sides of his closet, allowing the pain and throbbing to work it's way through his body. He couldn't focus on the upcoming mission now; he would throw it all to protect his child from these leeches that crawled through the city.

Last edited:
Character: Bela Coleson.
Player/Group: Naomi Richardsen (@Kassia).

Fine. Spoken with such disrespect and laced with disobedience, didn’t she know who she was talking to? Not Bela, no he didn’t care about the personal affront to him but he was here on the orders of Erra, the Goddess, representing her. And such impudence may as well be directed at Erra with how Naomi was acting. She might be new, but this was not to be tolerated. Bela glowered at her through his sunglasses, thinking for a moment if he might undertake some disciplinary action himself. But no, that would be his cause for impudence, thinking he could inflict punishment and consequence on Erra’s behalf. They would deal with Naomi in due time.

It seemed like she intended to follow, so Bela turned on his heel and began to march back towards the Grand Library entrance. Where they would wait outside like diligent, obedient automatons. That was their privilege to serve and wait on their betters. Though he did notice Erra step out of the Grand Library, no doubt to attend some other business, but Naomi he knew was definitely on her list of priorities tonight. And it was his job to watch her. He never balked at his job before, and he-

There was a scream. And a stir, and it caused Bela to turn and look. And gave that little rascal her chance to dart.

He heard it though, the flutter of garment and the hasty steps. He turned and saw a Cinderella like figure trying to hurry to the stairs. Skirts all bunched up like a mouse was running rampant around her ankles, who did she think she was? ”The last mistake you’ll ever make.” Bela growled, turning to chase after her, making twice the amount of speed and distance given his longer stride and less impediment on his movement. ”Stop.” He snapped at her as he drew closer, giving her a chance to surrender. He wouldn’t hit her too hard if she did that.

They were in an isolated corridor. If there had been waiters and servers here, they would have gone to the ballroom to check the commotion, leaving Bela and Naomi on the final stretch to a distant door that led to the outside. Also no one to see if he decided to take disciplinary action into his own hands. And it was looking like he was going to catch her before she got to the door. Should never have ran in that dress.

He caught up to her and was able to reach out…and clamp his hand on her shoulder, hoping to twist and shove her off balance and to the ground.

Player/Group:
Norne/jonah (@ThatGeckoGirl), Nebuchadnezzar (@Kosmik_Khaos), Aratone/ Bela (@BennyQ)

Bela's voice was distorted between the sound of Naomi's heels slapping the marble balcony and the crowd below. She didn't want to draw attention to herself by utilizing her vampiric sprint, and she knew this would greatly hinder her, but if he did catch her, she would fight. A part of her brain wanted this, she tried to rip into someone and take out all that pent-up rage, but another just wanted to leave the mansion behind like she thought she had when she was delivering mail here just months prior.

Suddenly Bela's hand clamped onto her shoulder and brought her down, to which she turned quickly and stumbled. Then as the heel of her shoe caught the rug under her, she immediately fell to the ground. Her palms hit the floor to break her fall, and a sea of chestnut hair flared outwards, which distorted her view of him. It took her a moment to realize what had happened, and she looked back over her shoulder. Now was the perfect time to utilize what Norne had taught her.

There was no time for words, not now. She slid her knee under her and tried to crawl away, just far enough to give herself momentum to stand again. Once she stood and tossed the skirt of her dress to the side instead of twisting around her so she could gain some footing, she let out a deep guttural growl. Until this point, her abilities had entirely changed—a color switch in her eyes, longer, claw-like nails--those were cosmetics. But now, as the anger churned inside her, she shifted; everything fought inside her petite body, trying to claw its way to the surface. Her teeth grew longer, and her eyes reddened and then turned black and bled into the whites of her eyes. Even her skin buckled under the muscle and veins, though in this state, she looked weaker, frail in her sickly form. Maybe she had waited too long to find her creator; maybe there was still some feral in her...

Naomi darted forward, to which she was immediately blocked. She figured this since Bela was twice the vampire she was. But when she hit the ground again, she popped up, threw a jab at him, missed, and then spun around and grabbed his arm to flip and disorient him. She was still unsteady; truthfully, this was much harder to deal with in heels. Quickly, she stepped back, breathing heavier and trying to calm herself down by breathing through her nose, but it was challenging as the anxiety rose. She was looking for a way out. She fought between killing him and jumping from the balcony to escape, but he had seen too much.

As she turned, she felt the searing pain of a punch to her jaw, which knocked her into the balcony railing. While he had collected himself and probably mumbled something about returning to Erra, she couldn't hear it, and she only heard buzzing and then a whimper which she assumed came from herself. Holding her cheek, she slid to the floor and looked up. She wasn't as innocent as they had imagined, this poor girl caught in the middle of some shipping yard heist by one of Erras's "children." If he returned to that library... He would tell them.

Fortunately, the skirt of her dress was enormous and hid her next move well. She swept her legs to the side, taking him with them before scrambling to get up and pushing him back. She could push him over into the crowd if she got him to the balcony as he had done to her. It was high enough; the height would do the rest if he were disoriented. But that did not seem to be the case because as she tried to think of options, he was already grabbing her arm for balance, and they were teetering in an unhinged dance.

"Just let me go-" she pleaded, but her voice came out as a growl, terrifyingly distant from her own. Vampires were not beautiful creatures- not here. They were predators just looking for a way to survive. With the momentum of trying not to fall again, Naomi let her body fall slightly forward and then pulled back roughly to flip around and hook her arm around his neck. With a quick twist around, she broke Bela's neck and threw him over the balcony railing while she landed on the floor of the balcony overlook with a dull thud.

As if this wasn't enough, with the CFO trying to cling to life, Bela's body hid the ballroom floor, and another eruption of screams echoed.

"Get outta there, kid!" Jessa's voice was static in her ear, and she sprinted, pushing past Erra and Estalla and down the grand staircase. Could they see her--would they even care? Naomi didn't. As she ran, her eyes returned to the hazel they had been, and her vampiric features dissolved within her. As she reached the limo that Neb had secured once again, she was normal, only her dress showing the sporadic rips and frays of her fight.

It never occurred to her that Jessa watched the screen in amazement and fear. Naomi simply could not speak about what had happened. She sat tense the entire way back to the apartments, reliving the thoughts in her head repeatedly...

After seeing the apartments in her window, she blinked at the grand lobby. " I think... I think I need a drink," she whispered, then swallowed. " I honestly don't think I can go into that apartment sober at this point." she glanced back and smiled at Neb. Though she didn't take a drink, she knew she wasn't in the state to do so, and with all her remaining human strength, she pushed open the limo door and trudged her way up the stairs into the lobby.

Naomi noted Jonah smoking by the entrance and stood there momentarily, mulling him over in her head; he had indeed done it; he had successfully given the CFO the poison, killed him, and at the very least tried to snap her back into her head. But she still disliked him; she did not like how he treated his sister-- even if she suspected that Norne, Kaden, and Aratone knew this information about her. She thought about thanking him but couldn't force her lips to part to do so. So she stared at him with narrowed eyes and then turned to continue into the lobby. But then guilt rushed over her, and she turned, poked her head out of the lobby door, and squinted her eyes again as if to prove her unsaid point.

"Thanks... for the help or whatever back there. I still don't trust you, and I still think you could be nicer, and I don't particularly like being thrown into a building...." She paused-- where was she going with this again? "But thanks. Good job or... something. And if you throw me against a wall again... I'll bite you or whatever vampires do." She gave him a fake smile to show her fangs and then disappeared into the lobby again.

Last edited:
Character: Norne Irae / Jonah Irae
Player/Group: Nebuchadnezzar (@Kosmik_Khaos), Aratone (@BennyQ), Kade/Naomi (@Kassia )

Norne stood stunned for a moment as Kaden quickly went to his room. Of course, she had always expected he had been married due to the ring he kept on. However, she couldn't imagine being in his position. If she discovered Benjamin was actually alive as a vampire after what happened, she wouldn't know how to feel. Especially if it seemed someone else was at his side all this time she thought him dead. What could she say to Kade to help him feel better? Was there really anything? Still, she felt that she at least needed to try. More than anything, Norne found that she wanted to be there for him even if she tended to be socially awkward. The other think that bothered her was that he hadn't been told Estella was a vampire. She had reported everything that happened that day to officials at Arch Medical. Why hadn't they informed her husband that she awoke as a vampire and escaped? She made her way to Kaden's room after the few moments of hesitation she had. Peeking in, Norne spotted Kade leaning his hands against the doorframe of his closet. A duffel bag with clothing shoved into it was nearby. Was he thinking of fleeing? Like most of the others, she didn't know Kaden was a father.

"I found my fiance dead in our apartment. He had been slaughtered by vampires who originally were after my life, but took his instead to try and send a message. I understand what it's like to lose someone you dearly love to vampires. I...I was also there for the attempted autopsy of your wife. I reported that she reanimated as a vampire and escaped the facility. I don't know why Arch Medical didn't inform you that day, but you should have been told," Norne began in a soft voice, realizing that this was the first time she told someone after Ben's funeral what happened, "I'm not going to pretend that I can understand what you're going through at this very moment, but I want you to know that I'll support you however it is you need me to. I just want you to know that you don't have to deal with this alone."

"After all these years she's been a vampire though, I don't think she means you any harm. That said, If you'd like me to take out your arm mod, I'll do it for you. You are far more important than a mission, Kade. I'll help you however I can." Norne stated. She had no idea if anything she said would make him feel better, or if it was even the right thing to say. Maybe she should have just left him to his own devices and minded her business. Yet, she felt a kind of connection to Kade that she couldn't quite explain. Norne didn't want to keep herself enclosed in a lonely bubble when she finally started reaching out of it.

Jonah lifted his eyes at Naomi and Neb's arrival. He gave a little wave to greet them before taking a long drag of his cigarette and slowly blowing out the smoke. He noted Naomi's narrowed eyes when regarding him, but wasn't particularly surprised by it. She still wasn't exactly over his attempt at killing her. He supposed he didn't blame her even if he hadn't known she was affiliated with the Hunters at the time. Taking another long drag, Jonah exhaled the toxins before flicking the butt to the ground and grinding it beneath the heel of his boots. That was when Naomi abruptly poked her head around the corner at him. He raised his eyebrows at her as she did. Her eye still remained narrowed. Ah hell, was he about to get a lecture from the vampire? Given what he heard over the coms and how she's been screwed over, Jonah would humbly accept her rage. Instead she...thanked him?! Huh...who would have guessed?

A grin spread over Jonah's features as he quickly joined up with Naomi and Neb walking into the lobby of the apartments. "You are most welcome, dear Naomi. I promise I won't throw you into a wall again...unless you want me to," Jonah cast her an infuriating flirtatious side smile at his words before he raised his hand up a little, "Scout's honor, Kitkat." Hopefully she enjoyed her new nickname, since he had zero intentions to stop using it. Just slightly not hating him was enough for Jonah. Before long, she'd start to fall for his rugged, bad boy charms. What could be more romantic than a love affair that started with adversity?

"So why the hell are Hunters killing humans instead of vamps? No offense, Kitkat," Jonah sighed, folding his hands behind his head as he directed his gaze towards Neb, "I did the job today, but I'm not some assassin. I trained to kill vampires that are threatening humanity...not humans." There was a slight edge to his voice. He still wasn't exactly all that happy about his assassination of a human CFO, even if he was Arch Medical. If he just started killing humans, what separated him from a common murderer? At least in the killing of vampires, he was killing creatures that were actively slaughtering innocent people to feed their own bloodlust. Jonah didn't have some kind of higher idea about being a Hunter. He knew what he was. He wasn't his sister, who saw it as some kind of necessary evil for the greater good. Hunters were killers, but they were killers of highly dangerous predators. If Jonah wanted to kill humans, he'd just be an assassin and call it a day.

Character: Nebuchadnezzar
Player/Group: Naomi Richardsen (@Kassia ), Jonah (@ThatGeckoGirl )

Neb didn't question the state of Naomi's dress as she rushed out of the manor. The valet he had sent off had gotten them a limo and driver, aparently feeling it was safer to pay someone else to drive them away than to steal on of the cars of the guests right out. It didn't matter to him, as long as they could get out. Quickly opening the door of Naomi he followed in behind her. He spent the ride in silence letting her work though what she had heard.

"A drink would be nice." He agreed noticing she didn't touch any of the stuff in the limo after she said it though. Exiting with her when they pulled up to the apartments he started to follow her inside, moving a little slower so he could have a moment to talk at Johan. He was interrupted by Naomi popping her head back out to threaten and thank him in equal measure. Instead of falling back, Johan finished his cigarette and joined them.

"I'll answer that one pretty boy." Neb said looking over to Johan a bit of a sad expression on his face. "Hunters are trained to take out threats to humanity from the Vampires. Not just kill Vampires. That man had power and access to resources that would give the Vampires a potential weapon and was willing to give it to them. If you had just taken out a vampire that was after him more would come until they got what they wanted. Taking him out means they no longer have that resource available to them." Looking to both young hunters he let out a deep sigh. "We are weapons wielded by the Organization. Pointed in a direction and sent to kill." Neb looked at Jonah, "Man," then Naomi "Monster", then finally down at his own chest. "Machine." Looking back to the two he shrugged. "Murders all. That's what this lifestyle has made us."

Taking much longer steps now he slid past the two and made his way up towards the apartment. "Enough of that morbid talk. Baby bird here mentioned a drink and I agree with her." Taking the elevator up to the apartment he made a beeline to the kitchen. He had to keep himself on task. If Naomi wasn't tearing her way through this place like she rightfully should then he wouldn't strike out at the others either.

Once in the kitchen he looked around for what they had on had. He was happy with the choice of ingredients and pulled out a bottle of vodka, peach schnapps, cranberry juice and a packet of A-300. A little more searching found Neb a cocktail shaker and three glasses. Lastly he got a lime and some ice cubes in a bowl. Setting everything up on the kitchen island Neb smiled down at the line up and not really caring if anyone was watching or not began his performance.

Expertly Nebuchadnezzar started to grab at the ingredients, his hands almost a blur as the bottles began to be spun, tossed and juggled around as he prepped the three cocktails. At one point he was juggling the vodka, schnapps, and juice bottles in one hand while he sliced the lime into rough quarters with the other. A couple more minutes of showman ship had the shaker filled and poured into a glass, the last drink being special and getting the A-300 blended in with the recipe. Once the last drop fell from the shaker into the glass he sat it down and slid two of the glasses forward. "Teeny Weeny Woo Woo's." He announced the name of the cocktails he had made for them.

Player/Group: Nebuchadnezzar ( @Kosmik_Khaos), Aratone ( @BennyQ), Jonah ( @ThatGeckoGirl )

While Nebuchadnezzar and Jonah talked about the reasoning for the mission to take out the CFO, Naomi was focused on the dread of returning to the apartment, but not before sneering at her nickname Jonah gave and rolling her eyes at his flirtatious behavior.

Even though she hadn't done anything wrong... well, mostly, she still felt that everyone hearing about her past was embarrassing. While Neb made his way to the kitchen, she went to her room. Immediately she stripped down as if shedding her skin and trying to rid her body of the new information. Naomi realized she would need to discard the dress later as it was ruined from her fight with Bela; grabbing a sweatshirt and a pair of sweatpants, she went to the bathroom and took a quick shower. It seemed, however, the moment the water hit her skin, she broke down into quiet tears, allowing that water to wash away the blood on her face and sniffle, then decided to distract herself by washing her hair which smelt like the perfumed air of the mansion.

Stepping out of the shower, she dried herself, threw on the new clean clothes, and tossed her semi-damp hair behind her as she gathered up the dress and took the door leading into the laundry room from the bathroom. Immediately she threw the dress in the trash and then turned to see Neb making drinks in the kitchen. She could smell the A-300, and her stomach growled instantly. Pulling herself onto one of the stools, wearily, she sipped the drink he had slid in her direction and smiled.

"I like this," Naomi whispered, though her voice came out course and tired. She didn't feel she had any fight left in her. Having not yet learned her tolerances, she consumed it in a few sips, then set her cheek on the countertop and let her body relax under her weight.

"I thought about your question-" She spoke quietly. "-about the mission." lifting her head but keeping her shoulders pressed to the edge of the kitchen island, she furrowed her brows. " Taking out the CFO gives us a chance to stop the development of the virus, or... whatever is creating... us." Pressing her hand into her chest furthered her point. "I don't think there has to be anything complicated about the reasoning..." She looked to Jonah then, but her hazel eyes were distant. It was as if she had gained clarity from this mission, mulling over the idea in her head, over the information Fiona had provided. Then she thought for a moment-- If Norne didn't know about Naomi's past, she could help her research this and provide her with vampiric blood; maybe that would shed light on this. But she was concerned that Norne also had a hand in withholding this information.

"Wow! This drink is pretty strong." She nervously giggled and looked back down at the island, her eyes tracing the veining in the marble, before looking back behind her at the empty common room; where was everyone?

Character: Kaden
Player/Group: Norne ( @ThatGeckoGirl )

Kaden looked back at Norne as she spoke about her fiance's death. He was quiet, so he didn't know how to digest everything she had said regarding this important person in her life. Then suddenly, she spoke quickly regarding his wife's death and how she had been there when her body was reanimated.

"After all these years she's been a vampire though, I don't think she means you any harm. If you'd like me to take out your arm mod, I'll do it for you. You are far more important than a mission, Kade. I'll help you. However, I can."

Kaden looked to his hand then, his fingertips tapping the closet door frame before he stepped back; his arms felt heavy suddenly.

"Don't... Don't worry about modification" Kaden cleared his throat and looked at his arm. While it was covered by the synth skin, he could still feel it pulsing angrily under. "We need it for the mission." Sitting at the edge of his bed, he rested his forehead in his hand. But he knew he couldn't sit here and pity himself, not with the information she had told him.

"I'm... Sorry about your fiance. That feeling..." He looked up at her for a moment. There in their eye contact was something there, some common link he couldn't place his finger on. "No one should have to experience it." He looked down at his hand and at the ring he still wore. He supposed that it was obsolete now. Death had parted him and Estella, she had moved on, and while his heart ached, he knew that he couldn't hold on to it any longer. In a way... she was safe. She was next in line for some dark insidious throne. Estella was good at heart. Not an ounce of her was evil. And that put his mind at ease.

"It's not me I'm worried about," he said with a sigh, taking the ring off and tossing it onto his end table on the side of his bed. "... It's my daughter. I've protected her for so long. I don't want this to be why she's found."

Did Norne know about his daughter? He was closed off about this portion of his life. While they had only known each other in this compacity for a few short weeks, he had grown a fondness towards her. However, holding onto that resentment for himself due to Estella's death prevented him from seeking companionship.

Kade knew leaving the common room abruptly must have been alarming, and his haste to pack all his clothing didn't help. But he did feel strongly about her situation. Even as adults, these feelings were complicated to process. As he sat on the edge of the bed mulling over what she had said, he stood, lightly reached out to her arm, and pulled her into a firm hug. "I'm sorry if I scared you."

Last edited:
Player/Group: Naomi Richardsen (@Kassia), Nebuchadnezzar (@Kosmik_Khaos), Jonah Irae (@ThatGeckoGirl).

A heavy feel of disquiet settled over Aratone after Fiona’s departure. It felt…distant, yet he knew it should feel more. It was just benumbing. Like that sensation he had of hollowness and emptiness upon learning of his parent’s death so long ago. He had seen people die before, often violently, right before his eyes but he could rationalize and compartmentalize that. But with loved ones? People he considered close? He didn’t know if it was lucky or unlucky he hadn’t seen one of them leave his life in such a sudden fashion before his eyes. It all seemed to happen away, out of sight, just taken away from him without warning. His parents died while he had been away. Fiona was leaving, essentially never to return, she may as well be dead too. They were all going. It was one area in emotional maturity that he felt he was sorely lacking.

He didn’t like being inexperienced in anything, but this was a chink in his armour he knew would come to bite him in the ass. Just wait for it. Nothing to guard or shield yourself in with, old boy. It was going to hit harder than the heavy gauge shells he loaded into his shotgun after reassembling it, with uncharacteristically high number of mistakes and errors. His mind was just so fractured with vain regret. But his heart and body felt empty. It should be a mess down there, in his chest, and not up here, in his head.

Commotion. An explosion of voices and sounds. The others were back. A brief pause to listen indicated that all three seemed to have returned, Nebuchadnezzar, Jonah…and Naomi. With or without incident? Aratone wiped his hands on a nearby cloth and left his gear sitting about his room, knowing no one would mess with it. He came into the common room and found the others congregating around drinks, looking a mixture of unease, triumph, and celebration. Aratone approached the group, eyebrows piqued in curiosity at the drinks, which he gestured at as a way of introduction and greeting. ”You all drinking because you made it back successfully or almost didn’t?” He teased them morbidly about the mission. They were all here, so that was a success in itself.

He wondered if they knew about Fiona leaving though, how she did so when few or nobody could impede her. But he wasn’t going to bring that up unless they did. He felt he owed it to her to try and explain, even if she didn’t want to. She was like this Guild’s unofficial mother. ”Well? You going to tell me how that shitshow turned out?” He inquired of the three, mostly looking to Nebuchadnezzar as he held the machine-man to be highest in terms of veterancy and experience, to give him a proper rundown of what happened. Jonah was dressed like a fancy valet. And Naomi…she seemed rather solid, so no worries there. Until she opened her mouth, that is.

Character: Norne Irae
Player/Group: Kaden ( @Kassia )

A part of Norne was surprised as Kade sat down on the edge of his bed, stating that they would need the arm for the mission. He was staying then? Another part of her she didn't look to acknowledged felt happy at his choice to remain here at the apartments. Still, he had seemed exceptionally determined to head out. Had her words really changed his mind? Norne never seen herself as talented in communication. Normally, she shut herself off to other people. There was something about being around Kaden that put her at ease. Something she couldn't quite place her finger on to name. Yet, as their eyes met as he expressed his condolences about her fiance, that connection sparked up again. It was a stronger sensation than usual of two people who understood a shared trauma.

"I agree. No one should have to," Norne said softly in response to Kade's comment regarding the death of her fiance. Her eyes lowered down at the statement. While Kade looked to his ring, Norne lightly touched the one dangling from her neck with her fingertips. The smooth metal was soothing to the touch despite the grisly and painful memories held within it. It was a reminder to never become complacent. A reminder of who and what she was.

Norne's eyes quickly returned to Kaden as he spoke again. He...He had a daughter?! His abrupt reaction and impulse to leave made a lot of sense now. She had no idea he was a father. She couldn't imagine what he had to go through each day not being around his child. At the same time she pondered about his status as a father, she watched him toss his wedding ring onto his end table. A symbol of an ended attachment? Suddenly, the ring on her neck that had brought her comfort only a moment ago felt heavy. "I had no idea you were a father. I understand why you would feel to strongly about leaving for the sake of her protection," Norne said, flushing faintly in having ever thought he could have been afraid for himself regarding Estella's return as a vampire. Kade wasn't the kind of person to get that scared about such a reason, but it had been the only thing she had been able to come up with at the time. Goodness, she must have sounded rather silly in her attempt at consoling his escalated emotions! Yet, the thought of Kade as a father...she couldn't help but wonder how she had never seen it. She had absolutely no doubt that Kaden was an excellent father.

That light flustered sensation only escalated as Kade took her arm and drew her into a firm hug. Norne's eyes widened in surprise as her face gently pressed against his chest. The scent of his cologne washed over her, easily making her overreactive mind go blank. Had his arms always felt so sturdy? The warmth of his body this soothing? Norne felt the heat rising in her face, and her heart pounding loudly in her chest. There was no doubt that she was blushing like an idiot right now. Yet, to avoid showing how flustered she was, the only answer was to keep her forehead pressed against his torso and her body close by him. All of which wasn't helping how flustered she was from the action. She felt silly. It was just an innocent hug! There was no reason for her to get so worked up over something like this! Without thinking much, her own arms had come around him as she hugged him back.

"N-No need to apologize. It's alright. I..I was just worried about you," Norne stammered in response to his apology. She could take on deadly vampires wanting to slaughter her and feast on her blood, but god forbid she have the composure to handle a social situation with a man interacting with her like this. Get ahold of yourself, Norne, She thought to herself. Slowly (and reluctantly), Norne drew back from the hug, though she remained close by him. Looking up, Norne met Kaden's eyes with her blue irises, giving him a warm smile. "Your daughter is lucky to have you as her father," She stated before giving him a playful stern look, "and you can be sure that I'll be treating you for every little cut and bruise so that little girl can be sure to see you again."

"To have a loving father that cares and wants to protect her...that's a wonderful gift," Norne murmured softly, though her smile had a hint of sadness in it. Her own father hadn't been like that. Neither had her mother. They were more like strict trainers than parents. She hadn't had a loving childhood. The most affection she received from her parents was praise for her successes in combat and academia. Never was she hugged. The closest to it was a pat on the shoulder. Jonah's experience was worse than hers since, at the very least, she had received their acknowledgement and praises. He never got any of that. He received their disappointment and punishments.

"Anyways," She cleared her throat, "Should we uh...head back out?"

Character: Jonah Irae
Player/Group: Naomi (@Kassia ), Neb (@Kosmik_Khaos ), Aratone (@BennyQ )

Pretty boy? Hey, at least he was pretty. Jonah was, maybe surprising to some, quiet and attentive as Neb talked. He peered over at the machine man mostly from the corner of his eyes as he walked with him and Naomi into the apartments. The expression on his face turned to one that was serious in listening to the reality of their situation. The Organization wasn't just looking to kill vampires, but take down everything about them. Including humans that were working with them. It made sense, and yet Jonah found he couldn't quite shake off that uncomfortable sensation. Was it guilt? For killing a man who clearly had a family? He knew that monsters weren't limited to those with fangs and red eyes. Humans could just as easily be monsters, and he never struggled much with the morality of what he was. Yet, he had never had to kill a human before today. Ugh, since when had he been one to ponder about his own morality? That was something his sister would do in her uppity ideas about being a Hunter herself. A necessary evil. Jonah didn't see it like that. They were necessary, but he never saw Hunters as some kind of guardian angels or saviors. But he never saw them as devils either. Never considered that all of them were likely nothing more than murderers with a sense of higher calling.

"Yeah, a drink sounds damn good," Jonah grinned at Neb's comment as they made their way up, though the smile didn't reach his eyes. Evidentally, he was still stewing over what Neb said and his own feelings regarding it all.

Jonah didn't immediately follow Neb to the kitchen. Instead, he quickly made his was up to his room first. The TV in the common room was on with no one watching, but he didn't think much of it. He shrugged off his clothing once he got to his room, instead opting for a pair of dark gray sweatpants and a red sweatshirt. It was baggy and comfortable. Jonah tugged his fingers through his hair, ruffling the strands and making it look messy as he made his way back down. He didn't stop to see if his sister was in her room. Really, he didn't much want to run into her right now. Then again, when did he ever? Considering they were living in the same place, Jonah knew he'd need to calm himself regarding interacting with her. Naomi's annoyance at how he treated her wasn't unfounded. She wasn't doing anything wrong to him. He was the one lashing out. Yet, every time he saw her, Jonah couldn't stop the flood of anger and resentment that rushed through him. It had built up for years. Jonah was better at ignoring problems than actually dealing with them. It was one of the reasons alcohol has been a constant companion of his since college.

Heading back to the kitchen, Jonah was able to see some of Neb's show for making the cocktails. He slid into a chair with a light smile as he watched Neb's performance. He was damn good! A small laugh came from him as Neb announced the name. "Cute name," He grinned before taking a sip and nodded with appreciation, "and damn good drink." Given the artistry used to make it, Jonah opted not to guzzle down the cocktail, instead sipping on it. For now at least. Jonah looked to Naomi as she spoke, taking in her words. She wasn't wrong. Though, really, he didn't have much against vampires themselves. Ferals needed to be put down, but Naomi was a proven example that vampires had the capacity to be function in society.

"Well aren't you a wise one, Ms. Kitkat," Jonah chuckled, casting her a wink as he leaned back and took another drink of the cocktail, "You're probably right." Aratone arrived soon afterwards, and Jonah raised his cocktail towards him as a sort of greeting.

"I killed a man! So success it is," Jonah said far too nonchalantly given the words. He tilted back the rest of the contents of the cocktail before setting it down and looking to Neb expectantly, "Any chance I can get another glass, oh mixing master?"

Character: Naomi/Kaden
Player/Group: Aratone ( @BennyQ ), Nebuchadnezzar ( @Kosmik_Khaos ) Jonah/ Norne ( @ThatGeckoGirl )
: Bridge Apartments - Kadens room-> Common area

His mind was whirling. He was caught in a rock and a hard place, he respected his team, but he wanted to do everything possible to protect his daughter. Patting Norne's arms awkwardly, he released her and held her at arm's length.

"....And you can be sure that I'll be treating you for every little cut and bruise so that little girl can be sure to see you again."

Kaden laughed, albeit clumsy, and he rubbed his face as if this would wash away the decisions he had to make. Truthfully, while he looked at her while she talked about his status as a father, he remembered reading about her family back at the guild library-- he often read up on new hunters to get an idea of who was coming into the apartment. He couldn't imagine the type of life she had lived and how strenuous the Irae training must have been. With the introduction of Jonah, he knew that that could have only gone one of two ways at the end of the day. Then he worried himself into anxiety again. Would Caroline carry the hunter's mark? What if she had to go through the same training... he shut his eyes tightly and then rubbed them as if trying to work away sleep.

His staying meant he could continue to protect her, protect her from the training, and it meant one less vampire on the street. The mission to Arch Medical could stop this--, and if Estella was still pure of heart, she would do everything to protect Caroline. Was the reign of vampires close to the end? There was a glimmer of hope, and Kaden crossed his arms despite the twinge of pain in doing so.

"Once this is all over with the vamps, I will pick her up from my parents and maybe live somewhere with water. I don't think this city life is for me." He looked out towards his bedroom window, out at Arcadia. While it was quiet inside the apartment, his mind filled in the gaps with sound. There was an appeal to the neon lights and tall city buildings. "Estella liked it here. She was always meant for the city. Anyways, we can head back out. I think I heard your brother out there." Kade nodded while looking back at the duffle bag on his bed; he would put those clothes away later. This had been the most he had talked, at least to anyone else here in the apartment, and he felt like he had swallowed copious amounts of espresso, and he, having not felt that way in a very long time, enjoyed the sensation once again.

Before they exited together, he paused and touched her arm again. "Norne...Thanks."

" You all drinking because you made it back successfully or almost didn't?"

Naomi lifted her head and looked back behind her shoulder at Aratone. Truthfully what could she do? Everyone here had their past; they had all experienced defeat, anger, and even deception. So why did it hurt so much?

Fiona had been one of the very few who had accepted her, the other Neb who made her a drink and welcomed her into his world just like Fiona had.

She could feel the recent tattoo ache on her side. All of her tattoos started to hurt, they had all been done by Fiona's hand, and she felt so lost in emotion she didn't know how to process it. The vampiric abilities made it difficult for her to outwardly express her feelings, and truthfully she didn't want to. Straightening her posture, she pulled one leg under herself and looked at Jonah and Neb. They were close enough to develop that friendship, which she ripped away with this new information.

." Well? You going to tell me how that shitshow turned out?"

"I killed a man! So success it is," she heard Jonah say.

"Well... I made it through alright. I'm not too sure about these other guys." She teased. But the anger boiled under her skin. Naomi looked down at her hands, the nails growing slowly before she clasped her fingers together and sat them on her lap.

"Where's Fiona?" Naomi asked curiously as if she hadn't just heard the entire thing over Jessa's earpiece.

"Gone, I presume." Kaden quipped as he returned from his room, his face drained of color from the continuous pain in his arm, but still, he walked in and sat down at one of the bar chairs to attempt to socialize.

"Hm. where to do you think?" Naomi asked, looking at Aratone and Kaden. "Because... I'd assume dropping that information on someone would be worthy of a discussion." Naomi chose her words carefully, drawing on what even diplomacy she had within her. She focused on her hands as they clenched tighter. "But, if she's not here, maybe I should look to someone who knew her best and most intimately." Naomi rotated the stool towards Aratone, and Kaden narrowed her eyes while looking at the back of Naomi's head--ready to attack if she got out of hand.

"What... is she talking about. What did we miss?" He said as he looked to Aratone, Neb, and Jonah.

"Did you know? Did you know that she had done this--that she had lived her whole life based on destroying mine?" It would be challenging to see the pain painted on Naomi's face, not in her new state. And that made her far more dangerous in the field of battle. But that was the case for most predators. "Did you know that she was Erra's clone? That...That I was her stepping stone or whatever to a "normal life?"

Naomi felt hurt. She questioned everything at that moment. Her hazel eyes searched his own as if trying to find a shred of understanding. Were their conversations in the lobby and elevator clues that she was too oblivious to see?

Last edited:
Player/Group: Naomi Richardsen, Kaden Harlowe (@Kassia), Nebuchadnezzar (@Kosmik_Khaos), Jonah Irae (@ThatGeckoGirl).

I killed a man! So success it is.

Aratone quirked a fine, dark eyebrow at the younger man’s boast. Really? Is that all there is in a mission? ”Hm.” He simply acknowledged, a sort of…congratulatory hum deep in his throat, albeit with a dry character. ”The right man, I hope.” He retorted then, knowing they had been sent to eliminate the CFO of Arch Medical, because of the potentially dangerous research they were getting into. He supposed Jonah took a more simplistic pride in removing a central cog in that entire conspiracy. Good man.

Naomi however had a lot more to say. He fixed her with a look next, his dark brown eyes bearing upon her, noting that her body language and her tone didn’t exactly align in mood and tempo. Only alright? More likely it had been harrowing and demanding on her, though with her next inquiry it was clear it wasn’t the mission that seemed to be disturbing her thoughts the most. Where’s Fiona? She asked, and like her, Aratone’s body language and tone would not align either. Himself, he stood perfectly still and resolute, betraying little. Inside, he felt a whirlwind of emotion. Yeah, too soon already. He thought he would have more time. But he owed it to the Doc.

Kaden answered before he could. Gone. Obviously. And not just on sabbatical or to the store, even after curfew. ”How’s the wing?” Aratone just asked Kaden instead of acknowledging Naomi’s follow up remarks instead, referring to the man’s arm. Also a hint for him to take it easy, given how he glowered at the back of Naomi’s head as she swerved to face him more accusatory. Kaden seemed to be in good care under Doctor Irae, Norne, who would be filling those duties that Fiona just vacated. Overall, they were in good hands, at least on paper, in the previous Doctor’s absence. Emotionally on the other hand, well they were about to find out.

Maybe too good care.

What… is she talking about. What did we miss?

Did you know? Did you know that she had done this—that she had lived her whole life based on destroying mine? Did you know that she was Erra’s clone? That…That I was her stepping stone or whatever to a “normal life”? Question after question, each of them worthy of an entire essay in response. Again, Aratone didn’t exactly jump to the mic to answer her. Instead he turned to Nebuchadnezzar, signalling if he might have a drink too. Oh, they were going to need a couple. Being a clone? What the hell? Did the vampires tell her this or something? Aratone hadn’t heard Fiona’s confessions over the radio. That was definitely news to him.

He might as well start with what he could answer. None of them were exactly easy questions either though. ”Listen, princess,” Aratone growled at first, ”Fiona never in her life lived to destroy others, whether their livelihoods or anything. She had nothing but the best interests of people on her mind. More so than anyone I ever met. It might not seem like it at first, to you, but what she did was for your protection and well-being.” He shuffled his hands together twice, like wiping dirt off of them, as a way of indicating that was the last he was going to say on that accusation.

”But yeah, she’s gone.” He confirmed at last, eyes darting towards Kaden. ”She came to see me while you and your lady friend were…toe-curling.” He said, absolutely teasing despite the grim topic. Why else would he be shut up in his room the entire duration of the mission with most of the apartment being vacant? To give the pair of them some privacy. ”She’s gone, and she won’t be returning, so perhaps she’ll send messages somehow. She’s going to Mars, to start up…something like this,” he circled his finger around the air, to indicate their Guild, ”over there. It is what it is.”

”As for being a clone, I have no freakin’ idea where that came from. Living a normal life well, none of us could truly ever be said to have one of those, or we wouldn’t be here. We are here because our lives were not normal for whatever reason, tragedy or opportunity. She certainly did not step on you to achieve anything, Naomi.” Aratone said directly to her, reaching out to clasp his hand on her shoulder. If she came apart at the seams, if she was a wired landmine waiting to explode, let it be on him. Nobody else. But he needed her to trust him. He needed to do this very human gesture, to remind her she was one of them, a creature of thought and rationality and…emotion. With emotion, most importantly. Emotional maturity.

Character: Nebuchadnezzar
Player/Group: All hunters

Nebuchadnezzar didn't answer Ara right away. He had to really consider his words and actions right now and make sure he didn't do anything regretful. In the silence of his pause Johan first spoke up, his words as subtle as an axe to the face. He continued his silence while Naomi spoke her peace, taking note of how Kaden tensed when her attention was turned to Ara fully. He recognized that kind of tension and readied himself to act. If Kade was dumb enough to try and attack Naomi, Neb was going to put him down. He could easily launch the table at Kaden from where he was sitting, get to Ara and subdue him, and if needed, Norne as well. Bridges would be irrevocably burnt but he wasn't going to let these people hurt Naomi anymore tonight. Seeing Ara nod to Kaden to stand down did ease Neb's mind a bit.

Waiting for Ara to finish his explanation Neb finally decided his turn to speak was here. Standing he gently, but firmly put his hand on Ara's chest and pushed him a few steps from Naomi. "I can see she didn't tell any of you what he told Jessa. It was said over the link because Jessa has a bad habit of leaving the lines open while on mission." Raising his right arm up he turned his wrist up and a small opening revealed itself, a tiny data drive popping from it. Plucking the device from the opening, which sealed back just with no sign of ever being there he held it between finger and thumb to show to the room. "This is the recording of the entire event from my eyes and ears. It already needs to be gone over to see what we can find and hear on it. I'll let you hear what was said, but that woman did destroy this girls life for completely selfish reasons and it wasn't on a whim either, this was a well thought out plan. It's what you humans do. Burn the world and everyone around you for your own benefit."

Giving Ara the drive he then stepped past him towards the counter where he began making drinks with his back turned to the group. "I put a time stamp on there so you can skip right to the part that has us pissed, afterwards I would appreciate you review the entire thing and see what can be picked up. There were a lot of important faces in that crowd and I know I picked up on some pieces of information with all the loose lips around." Nebs hands never stopped their actions as he blended 6 more cocktails, he did make a point to change up Naomi's to have a bit more '300 and a bit less liquor in hers. She was a totally lightweight and after the events of the night he wanted her to relax and refuel, not get plastered and wake up feeling worse in the morning.

With mad server skills Neb brought all six cocktails to the table without a tray or having his fingers all over the lips of the cups. Setting out the Teeny Weeny Woo Hoo's on the table nearest to where each person was, except for the last, which he kept in his own hand. Taking a long pull from the drink before speaking once again. "Things are really fucked right now. It's clear none of you were in on this, and if you were you're lying so well I can't spot it. We don't need hostility between any of us left here." Turning his attention to Naomi he gave her a supportive, but slightly sad smile. "So baby bird, do you still trust any of us? You sticking around? I know not many here have given you reason to want to stay." He said this while turning a deathly stare at Kaden, and a slightly toned down one at Ara. He had improved his attitude towards Naomi, but Neb was still unhappy that they were still so weary around her, to the point that they prepare themselves to attack her. "But you belong here. Doesn't matter what anyone says. You are a Hunter like the rest of us, loosing my body didn't change that about me, and you being bitten didn't change that about you."

Character: Norne /Jonah

Norne...thank you.

To say Norne was distracted was an understatement. Even as she walked out with Kaden to where everyone was, her mind swirled. Her arm still felt warm from Kade's touch. The hug was still at the forefront of her thoughts, relishing in the sensation. God, she felt silly. Clearly, she has spent far too much time interacting with her microscope, and not enough time interacting with living people. Hugs and light touches...these things probably meant nothing more than a developing friendship. That was all. Nothing more. Being so sensitive to personal interaction like this was her own fault. She was the one who shut herself into a cold and lonely lifestyle of work and research after Benjamin's death. Not that such interaction had ever been something very common for her. Norne didn't really get used to hugs until she dated Benjamin. There had always been a social disconnect for her until he came into her life and softened her hard dispositions.

The approach of the bar tugged Norne away from the confines of her mind. Fiona was gone? Without a word? From the sound of it, something had been said over the comms. Something important. Jonah's eyes shifted towards Norne, narrowing as their eyes met. She felt the quick rise of tension between them, though Jonah looked away from her and took a long drink of his alcohol when Kade asked what happened. Norne's lips parted in shock from Naomi'a words. Fiona had used Naomi's life to give herself her own? It settled wrong with Norne, making her shift uncomfortably. She was completely clueless about this reality. What could she say or do? Norne really liked Fiona, but they had never been close...she hadn't allowed herself to get close to anyone until recently. Even then, there was hesitation. Norne lifted her fingers to the engagement ring dangling from her neck, rubbing the smooth metal absentmindedly in her nerves.

"Toe.....curling?" Norne squeaked weakly, repeating Aratone's words completely aghast. Jonah's eyes snapped over, looking between her and Kade before smirking.

"Yeah, good luck with that one, buddy," He sneered under his breath before taking another long drink if his cocktail. Norne felt her face burn at the statement, unsure if it was shame or embarrassment. She was happy to take a sip of the drink Neb made.

"Naomi, I had no idea," Norne said quietly, "I'm so sorry. No one should have their life stolen like that, no matter the reasons. If there's anything I can do for you, I'll do it."

"Well aren't you a saint, sister," Jonah muttered bitterly, tipping back and finishing the second cocktail in one go, "Acting like you haven't trampled other people's lives for the benefit of your own before."

Norne had the decency to wince at the comment, lowering her eyes down to the cocktail in her hand. Though her lips thinned, she decided to stay quiet on this matter. What could she say? That it wasn't true? As far as Jonah was concerned, she had trampled his. He had every right to feel that way.

"What was shared over the comms was fucked. I really hope Neb's right and none of you knew, about it" Jonah spoke up, "Kitkat here deserves far better than lies and secrets. But if we're all cool, then let's just spend the time getting drunk off our areas. Fair?"

Naomi was tired.

As Ara placed a hand on her shoulder, she stood firm in her stance on what she had said, she could feel Kaden's eyes boring into the back of her head, ready to attack if needed, but she didn't care. While Naomi couldn't remember the first sixteen years of her life, she knew that the ones up until now had been filled with pain. She didn't want to live in that state anymore.

Maybe there was a glimmer of hope. She had simply forgotten her first years of life; perhaps they weren't all terrible and full of destruction.

" As for being a clone, I have no freakin' idea where that came from. Living a normal life well, none of us could truly ever be said to have one of those, or we wouldn't be here. We are here because our lives were not normal for whatever reason, tragedy or opportunity. She certainly did not step on you to achieve anything, Naomi."

But he was grasping her shoulder, and they had hugged down in the lobby a few days before after a tough conversation about her place here in the apartment and how she shouldn't lose herself while sharing details of his own life. Naomi felt that said something... that a bond of sorts formed even if she couldn't see that now. But the other thing she noticed in her frustration was that Neb could see if someone was not being truthful. Kaden, Norne, and Ara had no idea what was happening. She kept her eyes on Aratone as he spoke with genuine concern. Of all people, he and Kaden had the most issue with her coming into the Hunters Guild, and rightly so. Vampires simply did not become hunters--or hadn't in hundreds of years.

"KitKat here deserves far better than lies and secrets. But if we're all cool, then let's just spend the time getting drunk off our asses. Fair?"

Now? Get drunk?How could he think about that now when her world was falling apart. Never mind how they had met, how he treated his sister, and how he treated her now as they all stood in the same room.

"So baby bird, do you still trust any of us? You sticking around? I know not many here have given you reason to want to stay."

After looking back at Kaden, Norne, Aratone, Jonah, and then finally Neb, her brows furrowed. She didn't know her answer now, but she did know that she felt like a piece of her had been missing for some time. But maybe, somewhere in this fucked up world, she had a family.

Looking away, she let her eyes fall to the countertop and a second drink that was sitting next to her forearm.

"But you belong here. Doesn't matter what anyone says. You are a Hunter like the rest of us, losing my body didn't change that about me, and you being bitten didn't change that about you."

Naomi closed her eyes as Nebuchadnezzar continued to talk. He had a way with words, was kind, and made a point. But who was she now, a black spot on Fiona's extravagant life? Her mind felt like it had been stuffed with hornets.

"No... No. I know that. I know that... but... I'm mad. I'm angry. I want to break this... this counter. Throw this glass. And I want to scream.... but I..."She swallowed then, tilting her head as she looked at the drink as if fighting off intrusive thoughts.

"Back at the mansion when I heard all of this news...One of the vampire security guys came to get me when I left the library. And I just... I couldn't breathe, and when I tried, I couldn't think, and he just kept badgering me and badgering me...." She straightened her posture but kept her eyes diverted.

"So... We got into a... a little fight, and I threw him over the balcony. I think-- no, I know. I killed him." If Naomi could blush from embarrassment she would have. "How am I supposed to go through this, knowing what I know... I guess I just do- right?" She looked around the room for answers before looking at Jonah, who had finished his drink.

"I want to move on...or try to, at least. Between this night, my apartment, the transformation... I'm tired. and I just want to be here, home and safe. Is that... that that okay?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom