Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fx Male Mundane Fandom Cravings || 9/19 Update [1x1 Search // Doubling Friendly // OC x Canon]

A Mundane Mystic

all my characters come with knives
Well hello! Please make yourself comfortable. You can call me Mundane, Mystic, or anything at all really. I've been in the RP game for well over a decade, mostly with a lot of involvement in fandom. I love building original characters to match with my favorite canon ones, and love to talk shop with OCs. Bring me your most dramatic, over the top characters and I will bang my fist on the table demanding to know more because, at the end of the day, I'm just here to have fun with a potentially exaggerated plot and some wild love affairs. I have a real love of outside circumstances influencing our characters, meaning my RPs rarely just rely on the romance. In most cases, I'll jump at the chance to infuse as many different genres into a plot as possible. So if all this sounds appealing to you, I'd love to have you around!

General Information

Before I get too deep into what I'm looking for, let's get the necessary evils of who I am and my writing styles out of the way.

1. Typically speaking, I'm a pretty casual RPer. I try to be fairly active and post at least once a day (more if the posts aren't that long) but I do work full-time and consider RPing a hobby above all else. If once a day or more doesn't work for you, that's perfectly fine!
  2. Along with the casual approach, I trend away from novella-length posting but also don't particularly care for one-liners. I will try my best to match my partner, and typically work best in something like a 2-4 paragraph range per character. (This can increase or decrease depending on what's going on in the RP.)
  3. I am doubling friendly! I will even double up with two different fandoms with one partner if that's what's preferred. HOWEVER, I have one major pet peeve where doubling is concerned. I've been burned by partners who consistently favor one character over another. I don't ask for a word for word match, but if you're consistently giving four meaty paragraphs for one character and then two much smaller ones for the other I will be losing interest very quickly.
  4. Especially with fandom, I like to focus on the character development and relationships, as well as the story we're crafting. But I also don't fade to black, expect smut but there will be a very large focus on plot as well.
  5. All main characters will be 18+, no exceptions. Side characters not involved in any romancing can be any age, but mains enjoying the smutty goodness must all be at least 18.
  6. OOC chatter is highly encouraged but not required. When I tell you I will talk your ear off about my characters that is both a threat and a promise. In exchange, I would love to hear random nonsense facts about your own. My best partners are ones I become friends with, especially as we gush about our disaster children.
  7. As mentioned in my first paragraph, I'm a no judgement zone with OCs. If they're self-indulgent or you worry about them having Sue/Stu-ish tendencies they can still find a home with me. I am a hype woman who is here to have fun above all else!
  8. I prefer to plan via PMs, but will RP in either forum threads or messages.

And Now... The HUNT!

As most of my fandom-based ideas are heavily reliant on different characters and their preferences, take my F-List with a huge grain of salt. There's just too many things that OC A will be into that OC B wouldn't. I like to cater kinks to characters as opposed to my own interests. That said, my OCs are invariably the more submissive in a pairing. BDSM or dom/sub dynamics are not required, but I also won't typically play a dominant OC. Again, matters change if doubling as I see that more as catering to your desires as my partner. My only real limits include things like bathroom play, foot stuff, and graphic violence for the sake of getting off.

I keep this here as a mainstay because I personally love this OC. She's one of my favorites to play and I'm never not in the mood for her.

I'm also completely up for discussing other AU ideas for her!
Beatrice Buchanan ~ A bit of a spin on the "good girl" trope, Beatrice (Bea, Bebe) is a bookish, slightly eccentric nerd with acute interests in fantasy, horror, storytelling, and music. She has a connection to the canon crew in that she was best friends with Robin since the time they were 7 years old. After getting struck by lightning she was briefly pronounced clinically dead before being resuscitated. She slipped into a long coma after that, and the doctors weren't quite sure when she'd wake up or when her scars would fade. (Full character sheet here!)

This has the potential to be the most canon adjacent, partially because I could still see it taking place in the 80s. This plot would also likely involve monsters, ghosts, cryptids, and other supernatural creatures somewhere along the line. In this, our gaggle of Hawkins heroes would have formed a bit of a "Mystery Inc." of their own. They've all given off "meddling kids" vibes on multiple occasions, so it doesn't feel like too much of a stretch to have them chasing after things that go bump in the night. What they didn't see themselves chasing after, however, was a missing coma patient. It's interesting, sure, but there's nothing inherently paranormal about it. But one way or another, depending on how many arms Robin has to twist, they take the case to go looking after the girl in a coma who just seemed to walk away. I'm up in the air as to where they find her, I've been thinking about a fairy ring or something like that. In any case, because I'm a sucker for imprinting, she doesn't wake up until the rest of the group is bickering about something and Eddie is the only one paying attention to her. After the initial shock of having been in a coma wears off, there's no way she's going to pass up on the opportunity to get in on the mysterious action.
Intended exclusively for a modern setting, this would see Eddie having gotten the hell out of Hawkins with everyone's favorite Midwestern Metal band. After moving to New York City, they clawed their way up a competitive music scene until they were signed with a relatively popular record label. This is their big break, and their chance at a very professional studio album. One caveat is, either because of writer's block on Eddie's part or just the way things are done at the record label, they're going to be working with a songwriter. And maybe that's not the end of the world, or maybe they feel like that's going to ruin all individuality they have. Either way, it's a distinct surprise when the young songwriter brought on to help them looks decidedly not metal. But Beatrice considers herself to be an adaptable little sponge, looking to mold herself in their image instead of the other way around. Not only that, but her portfolio boasts a pet project concept album taking influence from Lord of the Rings and H.P. Lovecraft, so maybe she has potential. She's also willing to put in the time, spending plenty of late nights getting to know at the very least one member of the band so she can work with him to write the best damn metal album they can. I also have it in my mind that Bea and Robin, who share an apartment, are still from Hawkins as well but didn't run in the same circles as Eddie and Co.
I don't often enjoy high fantasy in RPs, but already having the combination of Eddie loving D&D makes me very interested in doing some worldbuilding and sending him and the rest of the crew on some long quest in a fantasy realm. For this, I'd be subbing out a storm and a coma for a lightning spell and a curse. Instead of being unconscious for an extended period of time, Beatrice instead was turned to stone while defending her home from a rival magic user. She and Robin had been students at the same school, pulling a lot of similar knowledge. After it became apparent that the curse may not be broken anytime soon, Robin reluctantly joined a burgeoning adventuring party. She tried her best to move on with her life, until a quest included some niche arcane knowledge. Seeking Bea's old research notes, Robin must now allow her new friends to meet with her old one. Bea still stands as a stone memorial in her father's garden, and he humbly requests that any visitors speak to what appears to be an admittedly intricate statue. According to the curse placed on her, it would be broken when she first heard her fate calling to her. It's as vague as any self-respecting curse, so Robin had all but given up hope on ever seeing her friend made flesh again. Imagine her surprise, then, when it's Eddie of all people whose voice brings her back.
I'm finally getting over Eddie's fate, meaning I'm more willing to take a stab at some of the canon events. This could work in a number of ways. One, I have the thought that Eddie still makes his little deal and Chrissy dies. This would begin with him hiding out in the boathouse, giving him a front row seat to watching Bea sleepwalk her way right off the dock into Lover's Lake. From there we can take as loose an adaptation on canon as we prefer, naturally this would see Eddie's name being cleared and him... not sacrificing himself for a town that doesn't care about him anyway. Two, as if some supernatural pull knows something is on the horizon, Bea wakes up just before the events of the season. She's getting re-acclimated to her life in Hawkins around the time that Mike and Dustin are feverishly looking to find a substitute for Eddie's campaign. They try to pitch to Robin, who declines, but Bea is intrigued and agrees instead. In this case there'd be no drug deal with Chrissy, so she isn't at Eddie's trailer when she dies and he's never under any suspicion. Of course they both still get dragged into the story, but that's more by virtue of their existing connection to the core characters.
I'm distinguishing between the two because I'm fine with familiarity over the comics or movies or (in one case) even the video games. I don't have a ton of knowledge in the comics myself, there's simply too many of them, but that makes the canon very fun to play with!
Eleanor Pratt ~ A very confused lady, to say the least. She has the opportunity to bond with Bucky over both of them having been experimented on. Initially, Eleanor doesn't even believe she's human (or know her name for that matter). Among the ways she was altered, she's essentially been brainwashed into believing she's an android built for mercenary work. In her fighting prime she doesn't have the ability to feel anything and has had necessary bodily processes halted. She doesn't need to eat or sleep and has some capacity for self-healing. This would see her learning of her humanity early on and having the procedures reversed enough that she's still deadly but can actually be human. Expect a lot of hurt/comfort, trauma-bonding, and sparring practice.
I don't actually have an OC formulated for this yet, but I will die on the hill that video game Peter Quill > movie Peter Quill. There was just something very charming about him. I'm workshopping either an alien babe to pair him with or perhaps some other hero originally from Earth that finds herself as a bit of a fish out of water among the stars. (If there's something I'm a sucker for, it's a fish out of water.) Expect a lot of gentle (and maybe not so gentle) ribbing, music sharing, and impromptu dates in far-flung dives across the galaxy. I love to see a bit of outlaw action, so having them be not wholly good and not wholly bad is a plus to me. The charm is in the assholery and tomfoolery, after all!
I normally make an OC to fit a certain pairing, but in this case I've got an OC in mind that I want to try who I could see involved with any number of different characters within the Marvel universe. Most heroes who get the most attention are geniuses, rich, famous, or any combination. If they aren't, they're either practically legends or are actually considered gods. On the other side of the coin is someone like my character, who has no claim to fame or hyper-specific area of specialty. She's just a tired millennial who happened to gain superpowers. While she knows she's in a position to do a lot of good in the world, she's reluctant to become a hero because it conflicts with her already hectic work schedule. There's a lot of different routes we could take this character in, but I like to see her paired with someone who is already established as a prominent player in intergalactic conflicts.

Some characters I'd like to pair with her:
Thor
Loki
Pietro Maximoff (X-Men Version)
Bucky
Peter Parker (as an adult/out of college)
Scott Lang
Been a while since I've watched either but I'm feeling a bit of a compulsion to return to my ATLA OCs. All characters are to be aged up to at least 18+ if involved in any of the smut.

Arnaq Takenaka ~ Her story trends a little dark as far as backgrounds go. Her mother was taken from the Northern Water Tribe by the Fire Nation and set up in a brothel where Arnaq was conceived, born, and raised. She's a waterbender but can't really use her abilities, and once she was old enough she was unwillingly brought into the family "business." Being branded as brothel property made any kind of escape a near impossibility, but after snapping and killing a client she had nowhere else to go. She was instructed to find a smuggler's ship while on the run, docked in the same area as several Fire Navy ships in the Earth Kingdom. Unfortunately, she boards the wrong vessel. In the darkness, she unknowingly stows away on Zuko's ship to be discovered come morning.
Chiyoko Akiyama ~ Or a firebender raised outside the Fire Nation. Chiyoko's mother fled from the Fire Nation when she was very young, after her father was put to death for acting in direct opposition to the war. She was raised in the Earth Kingdom primarily, where she and her mother took refuge with a notable glass blower. Her mother passed from illness by the time Chiyo was eleven and she was left alone with the man who had taken her in. Once she showed an aptitude for firebending, she was quick to volunteer as his apprentice. Her bending has never been formally trained or used for combat, instead adapting a style that has only been used for art. But that may change once the Avatar and his gang spend a few nights hidden away in the glass blower's shop.
I've been reading up a bit on the Avatar Legends RPG and it's definitely making me want to write something more within this universe. I'd be interested in crafting an adventure in any sort of timeline, even one not yet established by the source material. We could go with a new generation's Avatar entirely if we want, or pick up in any of the existing times. Really loose concept here and I don't really even have an OC in mind, would just love to play within this world a bit more!
I devoured the audio book with as many waking moments as I could muster. It grabbed me by the throat and now I just want to write in that world bad enough that it's pulling me from a slight hiatus! Spoilers apply for the entirety of the first book!

Llewella Kearney ~ I'm looking for her story with Xaden to hold a bit of a mirror to the Dain x Violet connection. Notably in the fact that they grew up around each other. They were friends, maybe not best friends but still close. She was bookish and shy in her youth, and lost her entire family in the apostasy. When she was fostered, everyone else essentially lost track of her. The family that kept her kept her separate from the rest of the world, up until the point that she was conscripted. By that time, she's become a completely different person. She's become a risk taker who looks like a confident daredevil on the surface, but with undertones that she doesn't truly care whether she lives or dies. She's going into her first year, with Xaden in his third. Fair warning: her story trends dark with themes of abuse from her foster family. This is intended to include her foster brother as a second year.
Myfanwy Fehrren ~ Ignoring the obvious spoilers, this is going to take some revising to canon. Myfanwy is a Marked One who lost one parent when she was very young and another to the apostasy. She was fostered with Liam's little sister, Sloane, and the two became very close. They wind up getting conscripted together, while Liam is going into his second year. So this leans into a kind of "my best friend's brother" trope with him looking out for her, especially because she quickly comes across as the weakest link in first year. She's generally nervous and prone to tears, but manages to muster up her strength when it's needed. I would love to see Liam as a section leader in second year, with Myfanwy and Sloane both under his care.
So if you're reading this you've hopefully finished the book. All of this would be purely speculative, but I'd love to experiment with Brennan Sorrengail and an OC. I don't have a name or appearance for her yet, but I'm thinking of setting this around the time that he started helping in rebellion efforts and the fight against venin. My character is a gryphon flyer with plenty of reasons to distrust Brennan at first, considering she's seen her fair share of war herself. She comes across as no-nonsense and responsible on the surface level, the epitome of a workaholic who is trying her hardest to defend her people against any and all threats. Her family was lost as a result of the war, leaving her to look after her young, orphaned nephew when she isn't off on missions.
This would be open for either canon timeline, post-game, or a potential modern crime AU!
Lorelai Walker ~ A small-town girl who happens to be a little smarter than she's given credit for. She was raised by loving parents, her father being a carpenter and her mother working with the local doctor. Her parents fostered an early thirst for knowledge, particularly where medicine and philosophy were involved due to her mother's interests. From her father, she learned an adoration for nature and painting. And from both of them, she learned the value of hard work. The only one that didn't fit the Walker family mold was her older brother Callum, who elected to fall more in line with society's definition of importance. After her father's untimely passing, her mother was never the same again. The heartbreak wore her down until Callum was able to get her pushed out of the picture completely. Then all that was left was keeping his far too independent sister under his thumb. He doesn't always keep the most savory company, and tends to let his bigoted views fuel his actions. Callum would sooner sell his sister off to marry someone he deemed respectable than see her happy.

For these purposes, Lorelai was born and raised in Strawberry. She comes across Charles when a shoot-out goes awry and he's brought into the clinic where she works. While the good doctor is away, she undertakes the task of patching either him or his companion up. Even once she's made aware of the fact that they're wanted men, she keeps them in her care up until the last possible second. In the process of buying them time to escape, she paints a target on her own back and is given no choice but to flee. This can be set at really any point in the canon timeline, with Lorelai brought into the fold as the closest thing to a trauma surgeon the gang could get.
In which Charles makes good on his dream of moving up to Canada to escape the bad name he's received. This would see him having crossed the border and running into a bit of trouble. Maybe he was looking for the first place to take him in, or maybe he was hoping to hide further up in the remote stretches of land, but after falling wounded from his horse he's collected and brought to the small town of Auralein. Just like the canon path, Lorelai practically runs the doctor's office there. It's in the old doctor's name, but he's given her the reins by that point. She patches Charles up and helps him find someplace to rest while he heals, maybe turning him towards some honest work so he can save up for the new life he wants to live.
Departing from the period pieces, this would be an option for anyone who loves the characters but isn't sold on playing in the past. All our favorites are still their rowdy criminal selves, but transplanted into a modern city/college town. It's the same town where Lorelai is a medical student studying to become a surgeon, and where she once again stumbles on the unfortunate aftermath of a gang shootout. And, once again, she provides healing with little questions. After a long night of some potentially touch and go procedures she's proven herself as capable despite the fact that she isn't yet a doctor. If she can patch criminals up without them having to risk a trip to the hospital, she may be called on a little more often.
And now for the real long shot, because I was thinking about comfort shows and this came to mind. I have a big sentimental attachment to this 2010s FX gem, to the point that I have an unshakable interest in those rural, Appalachian settings in general. That said, as I'm beginning a rewatch I'm remembering the two OCs I had planned out opposite some side characters. I've never seen anyone RPing this before, but I just figured... why not?

As a fair warning, both OCs have some less than rosy life circumstances/backgrounds. Particularly there will be references to abuse, specifically emotional and physical, written in for both girls. I'll try and go light on the spoilers but particularly for the second gal there's a bit of canon woven in.
Charlotte Ross ~ A fresh face coming right out of Glynco, she's a very green Marshal assigned to the less than desirable Lexington office. She's got a quick wit and a dry sense of humor, but dodges plenty of questions about her own past. But the small town setting isn't unfamiliar to her in the slightest. Born and raised in a town called Brimstone straddling the Texas-Louisiana border, she's known plenty of trouble from her own surroundings. I could talk up a storm about Brimstone, in another life it was bound to be my own little Southern Gothic setting for stories, but I'll just say for now there are some interesting characters from Charlotte's past there that could easily come back to bite her. But I'll only get into that in the planning stages!
Imogene Maitlaw ~ I can't exactly explain why I wound up making an OC to pair with a relatively minor henchman character but I did and I love her so here we are. The Maitlaw family hails from small town Virginia, where they became notable for their grow operation. In the wake of Mags Bennett's departure, there's a sudden opening in Eastern Kentucky. Imogene doesn't claim to be the brains or brawn of the operation, but she's definitely the heart. Perhaps a bit soft to be a criminal, she is still somehow one of the greatest assets considering she's the one with the green thumb. With only her older brothers to cling to, she goes along with their plans to ingratiate themselves to Boyd Crowder, figuring they can ride his coattails to criminal prosperity. Again, I can talk about these family dynamics for ages, but I don't want to scare anyone off yet!
I've recently picked back up on watching wrestling, although with it on streaming I've been treating it more like televised drama than a sporting event. I started watching from what was going on circa 2014 and am currently in like... late 2015. But since it's been getting my attention I figure why not try something out? I mostly want to play this where the wrestling is still very much theatrics, I'm a sucker for the camp, but the wrestlers themselves are their persona. When they're in the ring, they're really just playing exaggerated versions of themselves. That may mean some heels are nicer in person and some faces are a little bit meaner, or some people could just be very similar to who they play.

Fae Gaige ~ A plot with her revolves around her coming up from NXT with her boyfriend Damian. Her persona is kind of witchy, to go along with a more demonic persona for Damian. She'd be established early on as a kind of unconventional face while her boyfriend almost molds himself into heel status. Outside of the ring, her witchy knowledge is limited. Fae actually split her time growing up between her school years at her aunt's rescue that specializes in seized circus animals and spending her summers traveling with the circus her parents work for. She's proud of her circus heritage, especially where her acrobatics and flexibility are concerned. Her boyfriend, on the other hand, isn't so open. The intent is for him to be abusive, setting up a lot of hurt/comfort when it becomes increasingly obvious that something is wrong in her relationship. Mix that with the petty rivalries set up for Damian with Roman (potentially having him pick through the Shield if we have them around) and the chemistry (both on and off screen) she seems to have with Reigns and there's plenty of room for drama on the way to the top.
Ramona Morrow ~ Ramona is her birth name, but everyone knows her by the name Joanna Veiss. She's hush hush about her past, and with good reason. I have it in my head that she was kidnapped by a cult or crime ring in her teenage years, and had only just managed to claw her way out. Dealing with some heavy PTSD and the constant fear that someone might try to take her back or silence her, she did everything in her power to make herself unrecognizable to them. She dyed her hair and was given a false identity, under the table because she didn't know who she could trust. The best option for her was a job that saw a lot of travel, so she signed on for a touring gig mostly working behind the scenes. But she's got a face for television and a certain way about her, so I'd love to see her dragged in front of the camera at some point. I picture a lot of good back and forth between her and Dean, them being on the same weird wavelength to the point that even though she's not technically medical staff she's the first one he comes to for patching up. Would love to see him slowly wearing her down until she's clued him in on more of her past than she'd like, and for that past to come back and haunt her.
I don't have any OCs in particular planned out yet, but I'd be interested in playing against any member of the New Day or all three setting their sights on one girl. This OC would vary greatly on whatever route we take. I'd likely pair a different sort of gal with any one member of the team, or have one to catch all of their eyes. I see this with a good deal of playfulness and teasing considering their heel status and the way they've presented themselves. Totally up in the air on this, but I think getting to plan that together makes it more fun!

Mass Effect
The Umbrella Academy
Stardew Valley
Harry Potter
The Boys

If anything in particular catches your interest here, please feel free to drop me a PM and let me know!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom