Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Science doesn't have all...[Nightmarish and Candira]

Nightmarish

Planetoid
Hearing Helena's words did calm Adrian's spirits down a great deal, allowing him to feel like he could rid himself from his guilt ridden concious and move on. The kiss to his forhead and the warmth of her lap also where great in cheering him up. She was right though if he had known that he'd be putting Eric in danger he'd have avoided going there at all costs, but the most important thing was that no one was hurt and they where all alright. Even the General would need atleast a week to track him down to a place like this. The shoulder rubbing felt nice aswell and he couldn't help but smile when Fate had hopped on his shoulder and nuzzled against his cheek with a low purr. turning around with his knees now on the floor, Adrian wrapped his arms around Helena." No thank you..." The man said squeezing her tight as if she where going somewhere, the smile on his face never fading for a moment, after all this time a moment of true peace had finally arrived.

Helena smiled softly and let Adrian hug her, gently putting her arms around him as Fate hopped down off of his shoulder and lay in the corner. "I didn't do much," she said, holding him close to her. "I'm glad I chose to keep you alive. But you know, I'm not going anywhere, and you're kind of crushing me with that hug." She smiled pleasantly and patted his shoulders. "How long were you awake, Adrian?"

Adrian chuckled nervously when Helena stated that his hug was a bit too tight for her and eased up on it, loosening up. He smiled at her enjoying the much more gentle and warmer embrace. Poised with the question it took him a while to think on it, he had been so worked up that last night was a blur of images and guns and men in suits and the generals face. Besides that there was nothing that Adrian could properly recall from the other night, besides the pained sensation in his leg from the glass shard that had hit him, and the fact that the general had forced Eric to set Adrian up. Anything other than that was a complete blurr."I'm not really sure, it could've been five minutes or five hours...I can't really recall." The man said as his hand wandered up to scratch Helena gently behind her cat like ears. They where something that it surprisingly didn't take him long to get used to, along with the tale. Most people would have been freaked out by it...It was probably his line of work that kept him from being easily freaked." Helena...Did you rest up? I mean did you regain your strength after all that? I imagine it took a lot of energy out of you." Adrian stated in a conscerned voice for the woman's well being and health.

"I'm awake, aren't I?" she asked with a chuckle, swishing her tail a bit as Fate played with it. "If I hadn't regained enough energy, my body would probably still be shut down. I won't be running marathons anytime soon though," she said softly, looking into his eyes as he scratched behind her ears. She purred softly and closed her eyes as he did so, the sensation in her ears making her body tingle everywhere. Now she understood why cats liked it so much. "Mmmmm....that feels nice," she said softly. "You were right though...it did take a lot of energy. But I've been resting since we left. You must have been awake for a long time," she said worriedly, opening her eyes again. "It's you who needs the rest now, Adrian. Lay back down and take a little nap."

Adrian shook his head gently, dissapproving of what Helena had suggested, in the military he had gotten very used to needing little sleep. A few hours of rest where quite enough for him to run at full steam on. Long rests for him had always been a luxury to rare for hm to enjoy. Seeing that she was enjoying the scratching Adrian continued. Thinking back to the words that where spoken back at Eric's mansion made Adrian feel a little bad. He had reacted in the way of an ass and felt like she deserved an apology." I'm sorry for the way I acted when you told me how you felt about me...I just felt so strongly. You where honest with me and that's all that really matters." Adrian said with a smile as he spoke his words to Helena, all he really wanted to do was to see the woman happy. If it would happen that Helena's happiness didn't lay with him then so be it, Adrian wouldn't press the matter at risk of upseting her. As the small cat tickled at his side Adrian moved his lef the slightest but to the side, becoming reaquainted with the pain in his thigh. It wasn't enough to make him seriously wince, but it did cause a noticeable discomfort. Reaching down to Helena's tail Adrian stroked it as he would've done with a house cat, another thing that he was aware of them liking.

Helena sighed and shook her head. "Look at you, you're obviously in need of some rest. Your side hurts, I can tell," she said, shivering as he reached over to pet her tail. It didn't seem fair. She had so many sensitive areas on her body, and despite the fact that Adrian's sweet touch was welcome, she couldn't help but feel outnumbered. A soft moan escaped her as he kept it up and she was forced to push him away after awhile, blushing. "You...you shouldn't do that," she said, clearing her throat.

When Helena stated that his side still was in pain he shook his head, not exaclty fibbing, but as long as he didn't have to run anywhere he wouldn't be feeling it too badly, just a light soreness that was only slightly discomforting. As he stroked her tail Adrian's thoughts began to wonder what should be done next. Before his thoughts could go too far into him troubling his mind, the sound of a soft moan caught his ears from Helena's voice like the coo of a dove. Just hearing a sound like that from her had his heart thumping inside of his chest like a snare drum, coupling with a fluttering feeling inside of his stomach like the wings of a million butterflies swarming around in circles. When she pushed him away Adrian could see the blush on his face, now being sure of what type of reaction he had just gotten from her. Crawling back up to her on the bed Adrian smiled playfully leaning in close to her. " Oh and why is that?" Adrian said with a smile before planting a kiss on her cheek that nicked the corner of her lips, trailing his hand from her shoulders, down the center of her back and to her tail again. It was as if he was petting your average kitty cat. Adrian always enjoyed being this close to Helena it was so tranquil just feeling the heat off of her body. She was the only thing that kept him grounded to his sanity at this point and his feelings where strong.

Helena blushed, moaning again as he touched her. His kiss, however, was the thing that surprised her most. She'd stiffened quite a bit as he kissed the corner of her lips. She turned to look at him, her green eyes staring into his. What was he doing? She watched him as he touched her and found herself unable to look away. He was in love with her. He'd done everything in his power to help her since she'd been free. He even took care of Fate. She blushed softly as he pet her tail again. What if she lost him? Clearly she cared for him....but what did that mean for her? "Adrian..."

Adrian heard Helena's gentle voice say his name, diverting all of his attention to her lovely green eye's. No matter how hard he tried, every time his eye's met with hers for more than a few seconds he found it hard to pull his gaze a way altogether. This did make him think that he might have done something to upset her. Adrian didn't want to dwell on non positives, he'd been told that he was prone to be subject to pessimistic theories. With social situations it was usually best not to put too much thought into them, rather just let them play out how they will."Yes Helena?" He responded as he stopped petting her tail, instead taking her hand into his. It was something important? Yes he could feel it all the way down to his bones. Adrian's smile faded to a more subtle and attentive gaze as he awaited Helena's response.

It took Helena a moment to gather the thoughts floating about in her head, especially since they'd been mostly scattered by the way Adrian had just touched her. Turning her green eyes to his for a moment, she became serious again. "Adrian...I..." She shook her head and started again. "Since you helped me escape, you've done nothing but help me to feel human again...even after I turned into...well...this." She gestured to her ears and tail, before looking back to him. "I'm still not quite sure what to make of you and me...but I can't help but feel like something will always be there between us. No matter what we do, the past can't be undone..." She closed her eyes for a moment, fending off a flashback of torture. She looked at him again.

"Even in my darkest hours, you were there, trying to make it better for me, not matter how futile it was." She smiled and pet the side of his face. "I'm not sure what will become of the two of us...but I'm glad I have you now. You can see the parts of me worth loving again...I want to see them someday too." A slow smile spread across her face and she let him go. "I guess, without so many words, I'm trying to say that I trust you. And if there's someone out there who deserves my affection more than you, I haven't met them yet." She smiled and slowly leaned toward him, kissing his cheek softly.

Back
Top Bottom