Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What would you say makes this site different from elliquiy?

There is no approval to join so there are larger varieties of people here.
There are only two themes.
There's a lot more graphics-wise for customizations of your profile.
There are less thread topics on the front page.
The layout seems simpler and possibly easier to navigate.
You cannot ask for payments for art.
No little writing contests or events.
The staff list.
The rp requests are sectioned off differently.

Stuff like that.

BMR isn't a gated community that decides whether or not you're good enough to interact with them. Any other difference isn't very important to me.

For me, a very big thing is that here it's so much easier to find things. And it feels like the community is much more welcoming. Those are some very important things to me.

It's more optimized and streamlined for user experience. For example, the PM system on E is... not my favorite.

Blue Moon looks and feels more modern, cleaner, and approachable. I do think E has a better tight-knit core to get into.

Well the main difference I notice is that the cliques arent as prevelant on here as they are on Elliquiy,.

The PM system is better here. You can edit messages (for a little while afterwards) for one. Their inbox is fairly ugly and messy for looking through.

I feel like people here are more open to smutty stories/shorter RPs. Over there it feels like folks want a sprawling epic.

With RTs: On E, you can have up to 4 threads on the first page, and there's no limit to how many are "active". Here you can only have 2 threads, period. So while BM's bumping policy is far more relaxed, when you want something different you gotta delete one of your threads. The bumping policy also means that pretty much you're going to see the same threads every day from active users, rather than the page being different day to day.

Them pushing people to have an Ons/Offs page, dedicated to detailing what a person wants, is very useful.

To be honest though I've had far better success rate on E, in terms of RPs. I don't know why.

Main difference that almost everyone has pointed out is the fact that this site has more clean and modern UI. E has that forum-template I saw being used in late 00's and early 10's on every forum, except it's much more cluttered with sub-categories to each general topic, and sometimes these tens sub-topics tend to have even more sub-topics which makes the site pretty tedious to navigate and use. Finding relevant information was also fairly hard in places since after searching for a reason why I can't post media-links I had to turn to moderator to get the answer to the question (still not sure where on that site the answer to my question is lol). One thing I liked at-least on paper was that the different roles had their own little sub-forum.

PM-system is also the very same one that was used in the forums in late 2000's and where it was a nice throwback in times where I first discovered internet forums it was tedious to use now that those sort of forum-templates along with that PM-system are a dying breed.

In-short the site feels like it is stuck in a year it was first created UI-wise. It has somewhat of a learning-curve to people who didn't use internet forums way back when, but also for someone who was familiar with them the cluttered layout of things and the fact that it's been at least eight years since I last saw a site like Elliquiy it took some time to get used to.

Aside from the technical-standpoint I myself didn't really have the bestest of starts with the site and after trying it for two weeks and trying to find partners there I sort-of just abandoned it and never logged-in back again. Main reasons probably being that I felt like the community was already really tightly-knit, and that I wouldn't find what I am seeking from the site. So I would say that BMR feels more welcoming, open and has a large-variety of different type of writers. Of course my experience on the E was only two weeks so take this with a grain of salt.

Daily bump
On here too, great pms
BUT I've never finished a RP here, and despite the daily bump, I don't have more responses, especially relevant

I've been on both BMR and E for around 1 year now, and have cross-posted my plots after reformatting them for what seems like E's older version forum software and features.

E seemed like a tight-knit community which may have been better than BMR due to it having gatekeeping for a reason, but the bumping timeframe on E of 1 week for major changes and 1 month for minor changes or bumps is way too long. E feels a lot more totalitarian than BMR, and the lack of partners I've gotten there (not even a single one yet who has actually started an RP with me) has made me come to dislike E.

The only reason I still cross-post there is because it gives me a higher chance of my posts being exposed, but I don't count on E for anything nowadays. BMR is definitely a better experience, overall. It has a much friendlier-seeming community and isn't tense like E is. Ultimately, E's gatekeeping isn't worth it.

Back
Top Bottom