Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Rooming up with Chaos (Degu x Xywel)

"There is no point in letting food go to waste." Human food was interesting to say the least. There was such a variety around the world, and seeing the different dishes that they came up with never ceased to amuse her. Some of it was very, very good, and some of it was put together like they had taken anything and everything in their homes and tried to concoct a new dish on a whim.

"Perhaps near the end." Having it prepared already once she was done eating was a good plan, and she noted how he thought ahead of the different options and locked that detail up. Intelligent man, truly. She watched him curiously as he led them to the table and took a seat, her eyes focusing on the large pot that the delicious smell was wafting from. Whatever this was, it smelled better than many of the meals the cultists had tried to impress her with, and she was eager to get started.

"If it is as good as it smells, you may very well become a full time cook." She made no effort to stop him from taking the plate and filling it up first, leaning in to sniff at it before gathering up a small bite and tasting it. "Ah, yes." Her lips curved up into a smile once she had swallowed the food, giving him a look of approval and immediately spooning up another bite.

"The others could learn a thing or two from you, truly."

At the goddess' remarks, Graves smiled brightly, not realizing that his own ideas and comments brought him further away from cultisthood instead of closer. That being interesting and intelligent would not bring the type of attention from Aella that he wanted...

His demeanour warm, he nodded at the goddess as she watched him.
"Sure thing. I'll make sure to fill it up at the right time. No use wasting warm water, just like you don't waste food."

Aella's compliments didn't fall on deaf ears as they started eating, a pleasant blush appearing on Graves' face.
"Thank you, Lady Aella. It's just another hobby of mine though. I'm afraid my skills are not to par with anY professional chefs. But I'd be thrilled to teach the others that serve you if you wish!" Was this a chance for cultist browny points?
"I'm very glad to hear you like it. Thanks."

Graves filled his own plate and started to eat, making some smalltalk about the garden and the activities in the house while they did.
He finished his plate slightly faster, allowing him to smile a unknowingly content smile at her.
"I'll go and fill up the bath. Feel free to continue your meal."

A small 5 min later, he returned, having brought desert with him. Just simple fruity flavours of yoghurt, but also including some fresh fruit.
"Your bath will do done in about 10 minutes, just enough time to have some desert, wouldn't you agree?"

After desert was had, the man would stand up and walk with her to the bathroom.
"If you need anything at all, Lady Aella, let me know. Enjoy your bath."

On one hand, allowing him to teach the cultists with lesser cooking skills would improve the quality of the food when she was present for meetings. On the other hand, he might think she was trying to offer him a place among the others, and that simply wouldn't do. It was a matter she would have to dwell on some before deciding, and she gave him a noncommittal noise as they resumed eating and made idle chatter. He ate quite a bit faster than she had, and she was still working on her meal when he stood and announced he was going to run her bath.

Men always did tend to eat faster, didn't they?

Aella only nodded briefly in response and returned to her meal, working her way through the rest of it before taking her dish to the kitchen and setting it in the sink. By the time she returned, Graves was bringing her some sort of fruity dessert, a dish she sniffed at curiously before nodding in agreement and tending to the last dish of the night. Fruit was good in so many ways. It had a delicious taste to it, was healthy for the body, but the best of all was the ways it could be used to entice and poison people without them realizing it.

Fruit in alcoholic drinks.

Fruit made into concoctions that would warp the mind and poison the body.

Fruit brought chaos, just like the lore of the first bite from the apple in Eden.

"This should suffice." With dinner and dessert done, she was led to the bathroom before waving the human away, waiting patiently before shutting the door and taking in the full, large bath. This was absolutely divine; this was what a good end of the night looked like. She had destroyed the discord that was his weed overrun garden, causing a type of chaos of her own while doing so. She had been fed, and her clothing would be delivered at any time by the other cultists, meaning that she had effectively moved into her new home successfully.

She disrobed slowly, leaving her clothing on the floor a distance from the tub before approaching and slipping into the water. The heat was soothing against her skin, soaking into sore muscles she wasn't even aware she'd had from her previous lodging. For all of their fanatic devotion, the last cultists she had lived with hadn't presented her with a top of the line bed to sleep in, although they had tried their best to please her despite the limit of their wallets.

But this?

This was perfection so far.

The noncommital answer 'his' goddess was giving him bothered Graves a little bit. It didn't sound bad or angry or anything, but he couldn't think of a reason why Aella wouldn't just say yes to him training the cultists. Surely that was beneficial to her.
Little did he know his 'perfect' treatment of her was paying off and slowly changed towards something... Just not cultist-dom.

So when she nodded and continued to eat, Graves dutifully filled the bath, expecting his good treatment of the goddess to yield something eventually.
The desert also seemed to fall well, although Graves had no idea of the mischievous plans it seeded within Aella's mind. If he did know, he probably would've been quite careful eating fruits and drinking fruit juices from then on out. But for now, he just thought she liked it. More fruit would have to be brought into the house, then!

"Glad to hear, Lady Aella." He cheerfully said with a bright smile, nodding as the bathroom door closed as he took his leave. For a moment, he looked behind him, a spark of mischief in his eyes as the thought of peeping crossed his mind. But it was quickly extinguished. If she caught him... he'd be damned. At the least also lose all chances of joining the cult. No, the enticing image wasn't worth it.

After cleaning up the table and putting the dishes in the dishwasher, Graves decided to do some work after. First, he knocked on the bathroom door.
"M'lady, do you need anything? I'll be in the workroom if you need me."

If nothing was needed, he would start doing some paperwork, clearly a bit frantic while keeping himself nice and pleasant in messages. He was a bit more relaxed though due to his good mood. Aella seemed to be happy, after all. Which could only bring good tidings for his future underground career, right?
If Aella would require something, he'd see to that first or honour her request, leaving the work for later.

Aella had been lounging in the tub with her hair up and her eyes closed, enjoying the warmth when she heard the light knock on the door followed by the man's voice. Had it been one of the cultists daring to interrupt her bathing time they might have incurred her wrath, but Graves' interruption only merited a small chuckle before she answered.

"Your services have been very satisfactory so far, I shan't require anything else for a time. If my belongings arrive in the meantime, do be a dear and put them in the bedroom for me, won't you?" Clothing herself in the outfit she had just been wearing seemed less than appealing, and walking around in a towel despite her general care for modesty wasn't exactly comfortable, so those pests had better hurry with bringing her belongings there...

She could sense a bit of a frantic air to him as she dismissed him back to his work, closing her eyes again and sinking down into the water until only her head was above and her entire body was relaxed. This was good. Despite being in the same home as someone else who desperately wanted to be a part of one of her cults, there was silence. He wasn't constantly vying for her attention when she was behind a closed door trying to relax, wasn't constantly interrupting her with offers or questions to the point she was unable to enjoy herself and any alone time.

By the time she was satisfied with the length of her bath the water had begun to cool, and after making sure it was beginning to drain, Aella left the large tub and wrapped herself in a towel, patting dry before she opened the bathroom door and called out to her new human.

"Have my things arrived yet, or are those pests taking their sweet time?"

Graves was rather confused when he heard the goddess' chuckle and comment through the door.
'Be a dear'? Laughing? Somehow it didn't strike him as the correct manner how a goddess would talk to a cultist servant. Then again, what did he know?
"Will do, Lady Aella. I think they'll be here shortly."

After some frantic work that he had no idea that Aella picked up on, the doorbell rang. Graves went downstairs, opening the door to two rather dimwitted-looking people. One man and one woman, each with a large suitcase. Furthermore, they both smelled and looked rather... bad. Not the type of people Graves would be interested in conversing with. Or he would let his goddess converse with.
The next three minutes were weird, to say the least, the cultists just pressing the cases into his arms as they tried to get to know where Aella was. Somehow, Graves got the impression he shouldn't tell them...

After some banter, he told them sternly that the goddess was sleeping and that waking her up would incur her 'eternal wrath'. This seemed to resonate with the cultists, the people making a weird gesture with their hands before quickly scouring off.
He was just done hauling the luggage into her... his... their?... room when the door to the bathroom opened, and the towel-clad deity appeared in view.
Graves walked to the corridor, immediately turning red at the sight and looking away while he cleared his throat. He did keep his composure in his voice though, interestingly enough.
"Your belongings are in the bedroom, Lady Aella. I... well... the 'pests' that brought your stuff didn't seem like the nice or intelligent type, so I sent them away before they would have disturbed you in your bath. Relaxation is important, after all."

"No, most of them lack the intelligence you seem to have thus far." Having her things delivered was helpful though, and she nodded her acknowledgement to him with a small smile before sauntering off toward the bedroom.

"I did not hear any yelling from them, so you clearly did a good job of sending them promptly on their way. This is good, I like it." She paused in the doorway to what was her new bedroom, eyeing him up and down before dipping her head slightly. "You have my thanks. I would hate to damage your home proving a point just to get them away. That's the thing about cultists, often so eager to please that they overstep their boundaries and become incessant pests."

The door clicked shut quietly as she went into the bedroom, her piece said as she tossed the towel on the bed and set to looking through her things. It appeared to all be there, they couldn't truly be so stupid as to steal from her now, and she set to the task of finding herself a comfortable but impressionable outfit. Dresses did tend to do the trick, although she'd been forced to custom make them to fit her hoard of tails through unless she wanted to constantly tuck them away. Considering they were as much a part of her as everything else, she loathed having to hide them, and her clothing had been tailered to allow room for them, including the flowing black dress she clothed herself in before leaving the room again.

"What does my newest acquaintance do to entertain himself at night?"

Well, that was rather concerning. Lack the intelligence he had? Graves didn't even consider himself THAT much of an intellectual. Then again, if those buffoons that had just brought Aella's clothing were any indication, it made sense.
As she sauntered off, he playfully chuckled. A compliment was a compliment, after all.
"Well, glad I'm bumping up the average intelligence around you then."

He waved her compliment about him doing a good job away.
"No worries. It's my job to make people feel comfortable. I'm rather good at all, although... well... it gets to me at times."
Graves smiled at the goddess as he gratefully took her other compliments.
"Glad to help. And I'll be sure not to be overeager, Lady Aella."

With the door to his... her... their?... bedroom closing, he did some more housework for a minute, returning to her as he heard the door open.
When he laid eyes on her, his gaze couldn't help but wander and take in the sights, his cheeks flushing a bit. The man hadn't expected her to dress so stylishly all of a sudden.
"The dress looks good on you." He said before he could stop himself, clearing his throat.
"Oh, ehm... Well, watching a movie already relaxes me a bit before going to bed. Reading too at times."

Autch. 'Acquaintance' huh? No 'servant' or 'cultist'. Seems she was adamant about keeping him out of those spheres still. Guess there was still work to be done. More playing the gracious host it was!
"How about we pick a movie to watch tonight and pick a good drink to go with it? Got plenty of beer in the fridge or wine in the basement to toast to your new abode."
He motioned to the stairs, smiling as he awaited her reaction.

"I had it custom made, I would hope it looks good on me." She raised an eyebrow at him with an amused expression. The color in his cheeks from the mere sight of him wasn't one she was unfamiliar with, but it was rather endearing to see on someone other than her normal cultists. Someone that knew full well what she was, had all but begged for entry into her cult, and still bent to her wishes and housed her despite her refusal to grant him entry into the sect. The entire situation was altogether bizarre and intriguing at once.

"Yes, I suppose I'm not surprised you enjoy reading, what with all of those books you have." Did she want beer or wine? Wine was for someone with a more refined taste, and while she did have an expansive palette and did enjoy the finer things in life, she wasn't against sipping beer with mortals every now and again. That, and the shock from this one whenever she did something unexpected was absolutely priceless.

"Beer is acceptable. Do show me what kind of television you watch. I haven't had much time to watch it lately, and I've found that most of the current content is dreadfully boring. Perhaps your selection will finally offer me what I need."

Damn it. His tongue was way too loose for talking to a goddess in this matter. However... she did seem somewhat amused and receptive to his straightforwardness. Which confused Graves a little bit. Weren't deities supposed to be a little more 'holier-than-thou' and stern? Aella seemed to be having fun with him. Not insulted, not arrogant, but playful. He didn't know what to make of that. Was it a good thing? Was it diminishing his chances? Dang it, this woman was hard to get a good read on. That's Chaos for you...

Chuckling, Graves shrugged and nodded. "Cat's out of the bag, so yeah. I do love a good book."
Patiently, he waited until she chose her drink, kicking himself mentally for even suggesting beer. Why would she like beer? Beer was fo-...
Aaaaand she chose beer. The man looked at her dumbfounded and with a blank expression for a moment, then couldn't help but sigh as he nodded.
"Of course, my Lady. Feel free to sit down on the couch, I'll grab two nice craft beers."
At least he could choose beer with a bit of style to it.

When he came back, he brought two dark craft beers with matching glasses, sitting down on the other side of the same couch as Aella was, trying to keep a respectful distance.
"Here you go. Belgian Double beer. Rather great, if I say so myself."
He expertly and neatly removed the two caps with an opener with two sharp pops. Reaching for the table, he revealed the table's drawer was full of movies of all varieties. Most of them Blue-ray too.
"Let's take a look. In the evening, I'm a rather big fan of either a great action comedy or a good horror movie. There are plenty here, so feel free to take a look! I can recommend 'Alien' if you like a classic horror movie, although some of the Marvel movies are excellent action comedies too."

The look on his face when she chose the beer was well worth the decision, regardless of if the drink was good or not. Craft beer was better than cheap gas station beer from everything she'd gathered over her exploration in their world, and she gave him a small nod and made her way to the couch before taking a seat. It was just too fun to toy with this mortal, between flustering him and shocking him, she had a feeling she was going to have a lot of fun staying there!

"I don't believe I've ever been there, I'm not sure I've had their beer, either." She pursed her lips as he returned with the beer, glancing at the distance between them with a raised eyebrow before turning her attention to the movies on display.

"The table houses the movies, how orderly. Very good way to save space." Parts of his life were very organized and clearly so, while others, like the garden she had been working on, were askew and a sign of the state of his mind from time to time. The contradictions were fascinating, if she was being honest with herself, and the thought preoccupied her mind for a moment before her attention returned to the movies.

"I do love a good horror movie. The screaming, crying and begging is rather pleasing to the eyes and ears when done properly." Then there were the movies that were overly done to the point where she may have destroyed a television or two just to get rid of the offensive images without waiting. What was one or two televisions when you were a deity of chaos?

"I wonder how humanity would fare if those wretched creatures were real and using your kind as incubators."

She was going to be the death of him. Graves knew it for sure. Her eyes twinkled in delight when she saw his reaction. Aella revelled in it. Strangely still, the cultist didn't mention any teasing coming from her. Was this some secret of the cult? Or was she playing with him for another reason?
The way she sat down made it evident that she wasn't planning on leaving any time soon, the tone of her voice and her body language clear and happy. Graves' training and working with a lot of people made it so he picked up on it easily. And he didn't know what to make of it in Aella's case.

"It's quite a nice country, lovely beer and sights too." He said, cheeks glowing hot as the object of his cultist-wannabe-status raised her eyebrow as he sat away from her. Of course, he should've known. Sitting away from her was the same as disrespecting her. Fucking hell.
Graves scooted over, sitting next to her with a bit of a nervous expression.
He then dove into the drawer, using the activity to hide his nervousness as they both peered into the drawer. He wouldn't have been able to be far apart from her anyway if he had to open the drawer, so guess this was fine? The man glanced at the goddess, not able to stop himself from noticing how good that dress looked and... well... how much it revealed.

"Thank you. I do try to keep my life somewhat in order." Graves said, accepting the compliment with a small nod, not noticing the glint of personal interest in the goddess' eyes.
But what she said then made him chuckle, thinking it was a joke at first. But as she wondered how humanity would face, he looked at her and scratched the back of his head. With her this close, there wasn't a lot he could do to hide his emotions.
"Well, I'm more a fan of the tension and survival against all odds within horror movies." He admitted. "As far as how humanity would fare... I think we'd be fucked. Royally fucked. Although we would also just kill off the infected if it got worse enough."

Sitting up a bit, he took the Blueray of Alien and walked to the TV, putting it in and taking the remote. He stepped back to check the screen, nodding as he focussed for a moment, then sat back down without looking behind him...
Half onto Aella's lap if she wasn't going to say anything about it.

He really couldn't decide where he wanted to sit, could he?

Aella watched with growing amusement as he became more flustered and distracted himself by going to put the movie in. The way he sat up so abruptly before vacating the couch to put the disk in, the way he seemed to backtrack without paying attention to where he was going...

Which led him halfway into her lap by the time he reached the couch, and she did nothing more than hold her drink safely out of the way as his backside made contact with her legs and shifted her previously perfectly smoothed out dress. Well, that had certainly backfired on him, hadn't it? So caught up in distracting himself from the way the goddess had been flustering him, that he'd literally tumbled partially into her lap as she burst into laughter.

"You've certainly gotten bold very fast." She couldn't help herself, tipping back her drink to take a sip as she waited for the shock to settle in and him to inevitably scramble off her lap like a frightened pup. "I can't say I've ever had someone of an adult age simply put themselves in my lap like that. Usually it's the other way around, if I'm feeling the particular urge."

As Graves sat down onto Aella's lap and the laughter reached his ears, something shifted in the man. Sure, he tensed up and his cheeks shoot beet-red, but her words seemed to hit him differently.
A part of his psyche was triggered that didn't come to the forefront often just yet. The part deep down that had earned him the trust of the ones working under him.

Instead of scrambling off her lap, he breathed in deeply, then looked her over, seemingly getting calm rapidly. Almost randomly. Looking at her legs, then her torso and then her laughing face, the man's face wasn't scared. Red, sure, but the fear seemed largely absent.

Raising an eyebrow, he leaned back and a small smile slid across his face. He didn't move off her lap.
"Going by your laugh and words, Lady Aella, you don't seem to mind that I just fell into your lap. A first time for anything, right? I never fell into a goddess' lap myself, so I guess we're both experiencing new things."
Softly, he chuckled, humming as he looked to the ceiling, stroking his chin for a moment.
"I might just keep sitting here."
Graves looked at the goddess, smile widening. "Or do you want me on the other side of the couch that badly, my lady? To sit where... a cultist would, perhaps?"

He'd been flustered a lot in the time that she had been his guest. And well... he didn't mind getting flustered, but even he had a limit. Graves now poked back a bit.

Oh, this was intriguing.

He wasn't scrambling off her lap despite how red his face was. Instead, he was looking her over with seemingly no rush, an eyebrow going up and a smile spread across his face. Very intriguing, considering she could feel the heat radiating from where his skin had flushed bright red.

"There are many who would kill for a chance at what you're doing right now." Quite literally, with the insanity she had seen among her cultists over the years. Offers of sacrifices, gifts of gold and silver, offers of trading souls and lives for a boon from their goddess.

"I admire your boldness to gamble with an act like this, however," She leaned forward, resting her chin on his shoulder and giving a throaty purr of a laugh in his ear. "If you sit on my lap all evening I won't be able to see the movie, will I? Mortal or otherwise, you're still bigger than I am, and I won't have a good view of the incoming chaos if you insist on parking that perky little behind of yours on my lap." That said, she leaned back in the couch, although made no direct move to remove him from her lap personally, instead sipping on her beer as her tails tapped absently against the cushions.

Mortals were so... Interesting.

"I think most wouldn't do this by accident, though." The wannabe-cultist quipped, getting rather puzzled that the goddess wasn't getting more annoyed or angry. The hell?
Graves didn't know what kind of response he was expecting when he smiled at her, waiting with a pounding heart for what Aella would do.
But he soon found out that even now, the goddess had the upper hand in terms of surprises. The man didn't expect her touch, let alone the feeling of her chin on his shoulder and a sultry laugh delivered straight into his ear.

His eyes widened, the man shivering with a mixture of tension and... something else. Taking a deep breath, he cleared his throat and nodded.
"Suppose you're right. I... ehm... yeah. I'll eh sit right here. Let's watch the movie"
Thoroughly bamboozled that she hadn't snapped at him, instead going full-on insinuation.

After another moment where he sneakily enjoyed the feeling of sitting in a goddess lap (that'd be a great story to brag... if anyone would believe it), Graves parked his perky little behind directly beside Aella. Making sure not to sit on any tails, he sat down and grabbed his beer. The movie started, the man sipping his drink while his cheeks were still cherry-red.

If she was reacting like that, did that mean he was getting closer to getting in her good graces? It seemed like she liked the suddenness of his move. He just hoped it would be positive as the movie started.
Graves would make small-talk and comments as appropriate during the movie, making sure not to interrupt any good scenes. His enthusiasm for fiction started to break through, his speech becoming more relaxed and informal the longer the movie lasted.
Drinking beer with a pretty guest and having a good time. That wasn't so bad.

Well, now she could at least see the television properly, and she absently noted the way that he was cautious not to sit on any of her multiple tails. That would have put a damper on the good atmosphere, the appendages could be rather sensitive and while she had no qualms about pain, seeing as she had incurred many, many injuries over her lifetime, having her tails injured was not a favorite pastime of hers.

The fact that his face was still red just furthered her amusement as her focus ping ponged between the movie and the human beside her. She engaged with his small talk during plot twists and when he made commentary at the parts she seemed confused about, appreciating that unlike other cultists she had spent time around, he didn't try to talk over everything or over explain like she was a slow learning child.

"You seem very fond of this sort of thing." She didn't elaborate on whether she meant the type of movie, the company, or perhaps even both, a smile playing across her face as she finished the beer and set it gently on the table before settling back down. Overall it wasn't a bad time, just being away from overbearing worshippers allowed her to relax and begin to melt into the couch, her tails laying idle as she propped her chin on one hand and focused on the screen again.

"Perhaps this is something we will do again on a night I find myself unoccupied from normal duties."

What Graves didn't realize yet was that he had a rather skewed image of cultisthood. His was more like being a butler or servant while praising the object of his reverence in ceremonies. Meanwhile, the vast majority of cultists were near brainless lunatics, blind in their zeal and grinding their brains to pulp while they were at it.
Just as well, as his style of being a cultist made the goddess like him a bit. Even though it wasn't in the ways the man expected.

When the movie was progressing, he was more relaxed, smiling back at Aella as she noted he was having fun. Talking with her was fun, and seeing even a goddess could get confused put him at ease.
"I sure am. Watching a movie in the evenings with a beer and good company is always good fun."
Chuckling softly, he let himself go a little bit, giving her arm a playful nudge without thinking it through.
"Sounds like you're having a good time as well. And sure we can. Lots of other movies we can explore."

Eventually, the movie was coming to an end, Graves taking the remote and turning off the television, stretching his arms above his head as he stifled a yawn.
The man was very much relaxed now, surprising even himself. Talking with somebody while relaxing put his mind at ease much more than watching a movie alone would've. He would need to remember this.
"Alright, that's quite enough for me if that's alright, Lady Aella. It's getting rather later, so I'll have to excuse myself and get ready for bed." The fact that Aella wanted to sleep in the same bed as he was escaping him for a moment.

Standing up, he stretched some more, giving his divine guest a warm smile before making his way upstairs.
A new minutes later, he approached the bed in his underwear, smiling contently and ready to crawl in.

Clearly the alcohol was loosening him up like it did to so many mortals, but Aella truly didn't mind. Despite the fact that he was acting somewhat familiar with her, he had kept himself from becoming overly so, from crossing boundaries she still needed to properly set once she had decided on them. This was going to be very interesting indeed, although the night was coming to an end and the uncertainty of tomorrow lay ahead.

"You don't need my permission to go to sleep." She was nearing the want for sleep herself, dealing with those buffoons was always exhausting. "I should do the same myself." She didn't hurry, disposing of her empty beer before making her way up the stairs, contemplating rifling through her clothing for something to wear before deciding she was feeling rather lazy, and her magic could do the trick just as well.

By the time she reached Graves' doorway she was clad in a pair of sleep shorts and a camisole, rubbing at her eyes as she slipped into the room and took a seat on the bed just in time for him to walk in, rather undressed to boot. She only raised an eyebrow in response, pushing the sheets to the side and slipping under before situating her tails in a comfortable position.

"I hope you don't snore."

If Graves wasn't so conflicted, he would've noticed the lack of hostility and annoyance in Aella's demeanour. Instead of not having set his boundaries, his were very vague from the very start. Even though he wanted to become a cultist, his mindset was all wrong. Which also worked to his advantage when dealing with the Chaos deity in this kind of situation.
Nonetheless, this was quite enough forwardness for now and Graves craved a good rest.

The man brushed up and allowed himself to relax, his mind wandering and him forgetting that she had wanted to sleep in his room together with him. So, when he entered his room, he was taken rather aback.
Eyes widening, he glanced down to his underpants while his cheeks began burning red. He groaned softly, slowly walking to his side of the bed while pinching his nose. Bloody hell.

Without remarking on it further, he slipped underneath as well, trying to avoid any tails or other body parts that might have slipped onto his half of the bed underneath the covers.
"I do not, Lady Aella. You'll have a good rest for sure." He simply said. Laying on his side, he was momentarily in conflict about what to do. Laying with his face facing her felt improper and too intimate while laying with his back towards her felt the exact opposite.
Graves chose the third option, laying on his back with his nose facing toward the ceiling.
"Have a good night, my lady. Sweet dreams."

Closing his eyes, he began to try and sleep, but his heart was pounding heavily in his chest. He was in bed... with a goddess... trying to sleep.
Well then...

Oh, the red in his cheeks was just so precious. Had he not truly expected her to take the bed she found the most comfort in? What had he expected when allowing a deity of chaos to stay in his home? That she would listen to some odd list of rules he created, that she would give him privacy and personal space like a normal human being? The cultists didn't give it to her, why would she be expected to give it to a man who wanted so desperately to be in service to her?

"I suppose we shall see." Snoring wouldn't have been the worst thing in the world, but it would be disruptive to her beauty sleep, and having to forfeit the bed for the other in the middle of the night was not something she was fond of doing. At the moment, however, all that mattered was getting comfortable and getting some sleep before a new day of causing confusion and amusement in her new home, and so she closed her eyes and nestled further into the blankets with a content sigh.

She could hear the sound of his heart beating quickly, a smile curving her lips upward as she turned her back to him to hide the expression as she internally chuckled. Humans were so, so easy to fluster these days, it seemed, that hadn't changed over the centuries. As much as she enjoyed flustering this particular mortal so far, she had many things to do the following day, so she instead chose to offer him a reprieve from it and actually sleep.

What she hadn't expected, however, was that she would sleep into the morning, what with no longer having those pesky cultists constantly waking her...

For the smallest of moments, Graves' conviction about being a cultist was shaken when his face went bright red. Aella wasn't adhering to a lot of mannerisms that he would have expected a goddess to have. She didn't scold him when he stumbled into her lap, nor did she seem to have any issues with his lack of formality during the film. And now she was just laying in his bed like everything was hunky dory.

This wasn't what he had expected and for a moment he waved. But then his determination flared up as he moved underneath the sheet, trying to stay cool. Even with his vision towards the ceiling, he saw her chest rise as his guest sighed contently, the man softly shuddering at the sound. Fortunately, she had the decency to turn her back to him, allowing him some respite.
He knew he was easy to fluster, but could you blame him? Aella wasn't a woman to spite or be unflustered about.

Damn it, what would he have to do? Graves didn't know. He didn't even know 100% what he wanted anymore. For now, his determination to reach cultist-hood kept him going. But how long would Aella allow that?
Sighing deeply, Graves fell asleep slowly, his worries fading into black...

-------​

The next morning, the man awoke relatively late. Late in his book, at least. Seeing Aella still asleep, he got out of bed and got dressed, his hand hovering over Aella's shoulder as he looked down at the sleeping goddess.
She looked so normal in this state. Sleeping peacefully and contently. If you would forget the tendrils and powers, she'd even be cute.
Graves decided to let her sleep. A goddess deserved sleep, after all. Why would he wake her? She hadn't ordered him to do that.

When Aella would finally stir out of her sleep, she would find herself alone, the faint scent of baked eggs, bacon and coffee reaching her nose.
As she got down, she would discover Graves having done quite a lot of work already, now reading a newspaper with an empty plate beside him.
With a tired smile, he would look up at her and bow his head respectfully.
"Good morning, Lady Aella. Breakfast is ready if you want some. Eggs, bacon and a good helping of coffee."

The spot beside her was cold when she woke, but the smell of food wafting across the house easily reached her nose. Clearly her newest acquired human was cooking breakfast, and it smelled absolutely divine if she was being honest with herself. It was a delightful way to wake up, between being able to stretch out as much as she wanted in the large bed and the fact that there would likely be food done by the time she got downstairs to the source of the smell.

She didn't bother changing into any formal attire to start the day this early, simply padded downstairs in the clothing she had slept in still rubbing at her eyes sleepily. The closer she got to the kitchen the better it was smelling, the very familiar scent of eggs, bacon and coffee that had her mouth watering by the time Graves was in view. It seemed he'd been up long enough to have eaten his own breakfast as well as start in on reading the paper, and she gave him a half-hearted smile and yawn before noting how absolutely tired he looked. Had she kept him up throughout the night?

"Did my presence make it difficult to sleep?" Her tone was nonchalant as she moved around the kitchen, waving a hand instructing him to remain sitting while she scooped up his empty plate to the sink and then prepared a plate and cup of coffee for herself before sitting.

Graves was quite taken aback by the goddess' attire. Just walking up sleepy and hungry in casual sleepwear wasn't quite what he had expected. She sure was relaxed around him. Was that a good thing? Maybe. Or maybe not. If he was just a regular cultist, Lady Aella probably wouldn't have done it. Keeping up appearances and such.
He wanted to stand up to serve her, but her gesture made him sit. And then she... took his dirty dishes. Like a regular person. Well, guess miracles did exist. But to be fair, Graves couldn't deny liking how good of a housemate she was. Nonchalant, helping here and there. He definitely had worse in his lifetime.

When he was done blinking and being stunned, the man smiled again and shook his head.
"Not particularly, no. I just got up a bit too early to do some leftover work, is all. Fortunately, it's weekend, so I've got no other places to be for the rest of the day."
Chuckling, the man stretched, shifting his t-shirt as he rose his arms.
"Sounds like you've had a good night's sleep, Lady Aella. Was everything to your liking?"
A small moment of doubt before his tone went a bit teasing and a little smug.
"Hope I didn't snore too loudly to annoy you in your divine rest?"

Humans were so easily startled, weren't they? At least she wasn't sitting there for terribly long when he finally regained his ability to speak, and she sipped at her coffee before giving him a brief nod. It was the weekend, wasn't it? Her eyes watched his movements as he stretched and seemed to relax now that he'd gotten over his initial shock, and she inclined her head in acknowledgment to his commentary.

"It was delightful." It was the best sleep she'd had in some time if she was being truthful. "If you snored I'm not aware of it." She shrugged and took a bite of the food, savoring it momentarily before propping her cheek in one hand and looking him over. "I'm quite able to push you out of your own bed should you wake me up by snoring in my ear. I wouldn't even need to move from my spot to do it." She waved one of her tails at him with an amused look and returned to eating, periodically peering over at him before her attention strayed elsewhere with a curious observation of his home.

Back
Top Bottom