Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Art tablets/computers recommendations

Jericho Z. Barrons

Withdrawn
Withdrawn
So, I want to draw comics and it's my goal to upgrade my situation to digital artwork at some point. What would you recommend? If you're an artist who draws digitally, what do you use?

Years ago, when I had a laptop, I got a plug in tablet with a black sensor screen to draw on with a special pen. I hated it. It was very awkward trying to look up at my laptop screen and draw on the tablet screen below me on the desk, not being able to see where my pen was touching until the tip showed up on the top screen. So, I don't want that. I need a drawing tablet that is either standalone(doesn't need a computer to use, and you can see what you're drawing right on the screen while you work on it) or a whole computer/laptop that has a drawing screen on it. I don't have a PC or a laptop, so, if I'm going to get one, it might as well be specifically a drawing/artists computer.

Someone recommended to me the Samsung Galaxybook Pro 360. Does anyone have experience using this device? Is it a good one to get?

so i use the type of tablet you hate, and as such, can't recommend you a specific one

that being said, can't go wrong with wacom when it comes to anything drawing related. i think wacom has different models of stand-alone drawing tablets depending on your price range

if you like apple products, apple ipad tablet is surprisingly usable as a drawinf tablet

This is what I use.
https://a.co/d/hjgnzog

I enjoy it very much and it is very responsive. I will say, if you don't have a set up, like a work station or desk, this will kill your neck and back lol. I would definitely recommend a tablet if you don't have at least a table top space to work on with the Huion. The iPad pro works great and is very user friendly from what my art friends have told me.

I use an iPad Pro 12.9, and I use Procreate on it. A long time ago I used a Wacom tablet and my goodness, the iPad is such a game changer! Even better, I don’t need a computer and can draw in bed! Also, you can use the split screen feature so you can see references from websites or whatever your heart desires. You need the Apple Pencil though, it feels like a colored pencil. Sooo trippy. I also bought a glove that only covers my palm and pinky/ring finger so I don’t smear my skin against the tablet and it gets mistaken for a drawn line and messes up my piece.

I hope this helped in some way. :3 Good luck!

so i use the type of tablet you hate, and as such, can't recommend you a specific one

that being said, can't go wrong with wacom when it comes to anything drawing related. i think wacom has different models of stand-alone drawing tablets depending on your price range

if you like apple products, apple ipad tablet is surprisingly usable as a drawinf tablet

Thank you for the suggestion! Yeah, no offense on that black screen type. I just had a really difficult time getting used to it and using it.

I do tend to like apple products, so, thank you for that.

This is what I use.
https://a.co/d/hjgnzog

I enjoy it very much and it is very responsive. I will say, if you don't have a set up, like a work station or desk, this will kill your neck and back lol. I would definitely recommend a tablet if you don't have at least a table top space to work on with the Huion. The iPad pro works great and is very user friendly from what my art friends have told me.

Very nice! Thank you for the suggestion. I'm basically starting from knowledge 0 about art tablets, so, it's nice to hear about your experience, to better inform my own choices.

I use an iPad Pro 12.9, and I use Procreate on it. A long time ago I used a Wacom tablet and my goodness, the iPad is such a game changer! Even better, I don’t need a computer and can draw in bed! Also, you can use the split screen feature so you can see references from websites or whatever your heart desires. You need the Apple Pencil though, it feels like a colored pencil. Sooo trippy. I also bought a glove that only covers my palm and pinky/ring finger so I don’t smear my skin against the tablet and it gets mistaken for a drawn line and messes up my piece.

I hope this helped in some way. :3 Good luck!

This helps a lot! Thank you, Ironic. My preferred way to do art or writing is to sit back on my bed, back against the wall using it as a support, with my feet planted and knees bent up to use as a "table". So, this sounds right up my alley for comfortable use.

I saw some on Amazon for cheaper prices than the brand new and they're marked as "renewed". I don't usually buy things like that. How do I know if I'm getting a good deal? Is there anything I should look out for?

This helps a lot! Thank you, Ironic. My preferred way to do art or writing is to sit back on my bed, back against the wall using it as a support, with my feet planted and knees bent up to use as a "table". So, this sounds right up my alley for comfortable use.

I saw some on Amazon for cheaper prices than the brand new and they're marked as "renewed". I don't usually buy things like that. How do I know if I'm getting a good deal? Is there anything I should look out for?

Awesome, looks like so far we have a potential match on a tablet!

Oh, I should’ve added, I also bought an otterbox case for it too. It can fold in such a way where it has its own stand, and there’s a compartment on the right side that can slide out. You put your Apple Pencil in there and it’ll charge it once you “click” it in. If you don’t want to charge it put your pencil on the side (without opening that compartment) and it’s a magnet!

I have never bought a renewed item before, so I can’t honestly answer that question. 😞 I got mine from the Apple store. I don’t think it would hurt to try it out your way, especially if it’s prime. I’m sure they have a decent customer service system if you happen to get a faulty product, or they’ll give you a heads up on the return policy before you buy it.

If you need any more help I’m more than happy to be of assistance! I’m so excited for you, and even if you don’t get the iPad I’d love to know your decision and how it turns out. Please share your creations, even just a doodle! That’s if you want of course. :3

Back
Top Bottom