Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Story Driven Rplays/Plots/Concepts/Ideas I'd Love To Explore...And Hope Someone Else Does Too ;-)

nono][onon

Planetoid
Hello,

First of all, thanks for clicking on this thread and taking the first step, that's cool. You're cool! ^^

This thread is about a couple of concepts/ideas/plots I'd like to try and explore with a partner and, while I'm ok with making adjustments and brainstorming (love brainstorming), just know that I'd rather keep the "core ideas" intact.
Although, hopefully, they all have enough room to welcome some tweaks and creative ideas.

Now, before we go straight into the subject, here are some little facts you might want to know.

FACTS YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW
  1. Please be 18 and over. I'll never be able to know your real age but, please, be 18 and over.
  2. I don't care about your real life gender but, the rplay this thread has been made for are MxF with me taking on the M role. We could be able to incorporate some MxM and FxF relationship with secondary characters but, well, just know that our MC are MxF. Sorry if it's not your jam, it's what I'm looking for right now
  3. We can definitely chat OOC and become "internet friends". But that's about it. I keep my BM life and my real life very separated and I'm not my characters. You can even contact me just to chat and not rplay at all. I'm cool with that.
  4. You can expect me to treat you with respect and politeness and I expect the same from you. If I ever write something offending, please let me know. Chances are I just didn't use the right words (English is not my first language) or I just messed up (I always try to be in a very good mood but I'm not perfect) and, in any case, I'll apologize if I hurt you.
  5. Communication. It's better to tell someone what's wrong than holding a grudge. We talk, we respectfully agree or disagree and solve our issues as civilized people and wish each other good bye if necessary.
  6. I can be slow to reply. I try to put my heart into what I do but, while OOC talk are pretty easy, replying needs some effort, time and headspace. And, since, I happen to be lucky enough to have a very satisfactory real life filled with friends, games, sport, work and so on… I can be slow to reply. I'll try to keep you in the know though.
  7. I'm ditch friendly. I don't like it particularly, but I know it happens, that's ok. I'm not proud of it, but I did it too… but, yeah, life happens. (On that note, I've almost always been lucky to rplay with very nice and talented (IMHO) rplayers and if, for whatever reason, you happen to be one of them reading this, feel free to contact me again. If I'm the one who disappeared and you hate me for that and think I'm a hypocrite… It's ok, I probably deserved it. But, if we're cool, somehow, feel free to PM me again.)
  8. About erotica. Yeah, I don't mind stuff happening between our characters, of course, it's cool. Just know that this thread is really not for smutt driven rplay. I don't mind those, I have my own set of kinks I'd love to satisfy but this thread is not about them. This thread is very much about story/character driven rplay. You can still PM about something more "kink driven" if you want, but I might not be in the mood.
  9. I don't know what kind of rplayer I am when it comes to categories such as literate, advanced, mediocre or whatever… I don't really care. I try putting some efforts in my replies and usually do multiple paragraphs but I really don't think too much about it. I'm just trying to do my part in crafting a nice story and having fun.
  10. Any thing you'd like to ask, feel free to PM me.
Now, here we go.

RPLAYS I WOULD LIKE TO TRY

FIRST RPLAY
Fantasy, « faustian », MxF, human general x old god monster demon creature (any role).
I'll try not assigning gender to any of the roles here as I don't mind playing one or the other, so they'll be Character A and Character B and I'll use the "They" pronoun for Character A and "It" for Character B.

Plot/Idea/concept.
Character A are a young but very gifted general in their King's army, with an impressive string of victories and no loss.
People call them a genius and many soldiers want to be part of their legions so they can be part of their glorious history too.
Needless to say Character A's popularity has been on the rise, so much so in fact that the old nobles and advisors surrounding the king felt threatened and feared the general would ever turn to politic or begin to mess with their own scheming.
So, those old and power hungry men convinced their king to send the General on a long and far away campaign to conquer the northern continent.
Character A obliged and went with all their usual confidence and preparation but nothing went as planned.
Between the harsh climate and the vicious barbarian tribes living there with their hit and run guerrilla tactics, no progress could be made by the famous General and, not only were they on the brink of their first military defeat, their men's heart and will were also broken.
One could even hear whispers of soldiers planning to steal a ship go AWOL, longing to back to their homes.
And that would be during those desperate moments that Character A would hear from a scouting party about a weird abandoned temple inside a grotto with symbols strangely close to their language too and talking about something of immense power.
Having nothing to lose, the general would go and that would be where they'd first encounter Character B.
Character B would some sort of old creature time had forgotten. A creature born before there was a name for gods and demons and monsters.
It had been trapped but, in exchange for freeing it, it will promise the general victory over their enemies, every time.
It will keep its promise but the idea is, victory will not always bring happiness to Character A. Far from it.
For example, any time someone would disagree with Character A, if it would ever go physical, even when Character A wouldn't mean it, any strike/blow they'd do would be a fatal one, killing their opponent.
Character A would simple not be able to not win once and for all any argument/battle they'd went in.
So, of course, this would take a tall on their psyche.
From there, we could go in many direction, even have Character A coming back victorious from their conquest and being so disappointed in their own King they'd take over, perhaps becoming a tyrant that would later be put down by their own child, inheriting Character's B help/promise.
If we want, this can span generations or we can even hop from one era to another and explore what this kind of relationship could mean during modern times, (steampunk?) Victorian times, prohibition, the revolution, world wars and so on…
The rplay could even begin with a modern Character A learning about their lineage and their history.

Anyway, the core idea is to deal with this strange relationship where a wish doesn't turn so well, one's savior also turns out to be a curse, and its consequences potentially span over generations.

SECOND RPLAY
Victorian Steampunk, MxF, one human character and one supernatural one (any role).
I'll try not assigning gender to any of the roles here as I don't mind playing one or the other, so they'll be Character A and Character B and I'll use the "They" pronoun for both.

Plot/Idea/concept.
Character A are the last heir of a noble and wealthy family with a proud string of explorers, adventurers, inventors and, over all, competent agent in service of the crown.
A few generations ago, Character A's ancestor saved Character B from certain death. Perhaps Character B were the last of their village being burnt by zealots, perhaps they had been deeply wounded after a battle, perhaps a illness only that person managed to cure… whatever the reason, Character B promised to serve their savior's family in exchange, and so they did.
Since then, every child of the family had been raised in large part by Character B.
They had been their caretaker, their best friend, their older sibling and so on… accompanying them until their inevitable death and carrying on with the next children in line and so on.
Needless to say Character B had a strong tie with the family, loved them, cared for them but also, probably, always felt a bit sad knowing they'd see them die inevitably for the human lifespan was so short compared to their.
So, Character A are the last in line and, like their predecessor, they are an agent of the crown and an inventor/explorer/adventurer, trying to solve problems the police cannot and keep Albion and the Empire safe.
They are helped in their task by Character B and, from there, the story can go in many directions.
Even though there is a Lord/lady VS Buttler/Maid kind of relationship, the lines are blurred because Character B are older and also act as a parent, a protector and teacher in some way.

I admit I have already played this rplay once to a great length and, while I'm not necessarily interested in repeating the same beats, here is, as an example, what happened (I rplayed Character A in this one) :
Character A&B uncovered an evil machination from a misguided lord and his daughter. Both quite evil and, during so, Character B fell in love with an old soldier who eventually died and Character A had been seduced by the evil daughter of their enemy and also lost an arm, later replaced by a mechanical one.
In the end, they triumphed and Character A ended asking Character B's hand.
We started a second season of sort, taking place 18 or 19 years later with Character A&B's daughter as the first focal point.
The Empire was about to enter a full on war and Character A wanted to keep his family safe and as they made plan to send their daughter away, we planed that something would go wrong and the girl would have been sent to Character B's original realm where she'd meet her future love interest who'd become our second main character.

Again, it doesn't have to go this road at all, this was just an example.

THIRD RPLAY
Different eras, MxF, VampireXVampire (or any equivalent supernatural creature).
This one is heavily inspired by Interview With A Vampire, The Sandman and Only Lovers Left.

Plot/Idea/concept.
The idea is pretty simple, it's about two vampires who lived throughout human's history and made it a tradition to see each other in a pub, at least, once every century.
Our rplay "scenes" or "sessions" would be them sitting at the place of their rendez-vous and talk about what they did, experienced, witnessed and thought of the last century they lived.
Maybe they saw the rise of radical Nazis party in Germany and first were on the wrong side and regretted it, maybe they witnessed slavery first hand, maybe they were revolutionaries, maybe they questioned Julius Caesar's actions as he crossed the Rubicon or saw Egypt fall.
Maybe they did conduct sacrifices with Aztecs or were part of the Conquistadors?
Did they help colonizing India or tried to resist?
Did they meet the real Goemon? Has one served during the war of the Three Kingdoms?
What if a brawl happens in the tavern they are in? A witch hunt?

Possibilities are endless and our characters don't even have to agree all the time as their views on the world can change throughout history and they could have been lovers, enemies, indifferent to each other and so on… And there is not only the "far past" that could be interesting, what if one used to be around the Beatles? What drug did they try during the 70s? Did they invest in that little Apple Corporation? How did they manage to go through the 80s and the stock market and traders?
What changed with the Internet and social media?
What did they think of vampire movies lol?

FOURTH RPLAY
Modern, MxF, HumanxHuman, supernatural cases to solve.
Inspired by Lovecraft, BPRD, True Detective, The X-Files, Hellblazer, WoD

Plot/idea/concept
Our characters would either own a very particular detective agency or be part of some sort of government special department.
Either way, they'd be dealing with supernatural cases and try to solve them.
The thing is, they'd be human, with human limitations and weakness so they'd always be at a disadvantage and running to save their lives and cook up a plan would always be much safer than going in with their gun and ready to fight.
It would be about exploring the weird and the disturbing. Maybe there is a house appearing at the corner of the street every full moon night and people are trapped in it?
Maybe there is a book that turns people into murderers but, really, what we see as letters, really are aliens taking over the reader's will.
Maybe there is a werewolf roaming the country and it's afraid too and it's the bartender.
Maybe we do have one vampire friend giving us hints about what's happening at night but also very much frightening us and we don't even know why it's helping us and when it will turn on us instead?
Could be we have some financial problem one day if it's our own agency we're running.
How do we gather clues? Do we have a collection of useful books and artefacts? Just our wits?
How do we deal with when our clients are a family completely broken by what just happened and we don't have the word to explain to them what really happened to their son?
Are we even allowed to talk about it, if we're a government agency?

There are lots of issues to explore aside from the crimes and the horror can take many different shape and we don't even have to solve every cases as things can remain a mystery it would be beautiful too.

We can go case by case or even design something sort of over arching story linking them all. I'm game for any kind of variations on the theme.

CONCLUSION
That's it, those are the ideas I'd like to explore but, know that I'm ready to tweak and brainstorms almost every aspects, as long as the "core ideas" remain (yes, I'm repeating myself).
If we rplay together, we have to both enjoy it, otherwise, it's easier to write a book on our own, right?

So, yeah, if you think we can be rplay compatible, feel free to PM me and let's see where that takes us, right?

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom