Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Backspacing removes paragraph breaks, is this new?

Unsure if this'll help, but I picked up this issue upon joining the site, and after some confusion, I realize it happens when I do Shift + Enter for that paragraph break. When I just hit Enter and then backspace, it acts fine. (Too used to live chats causing Shift + Enter to be instinctual for me)

Of course, if you're just pressing Enter, then disregard, but that's my personal experience with the issue.

I have been monitoring/attempting this fix for myself but unfortunately it still happens regardless of whether I use Shift as well or not. From a previous moderator, I was told the issue is with xenforo, which is the site that hosts BMR. Hence unless that is resolved on their end I do not believe there is a fix for this on our end unfortunately. However, thank you for sharing that and I hope if anyone else has any potential solutions to try feel free to post them here as well.

So what I realized what I should be asking is, does Xenforo know? I would assume so? and also, are they working on solving this issue?

I found this thead in resolved bug reports linking back to the original thread (so they are aware and have worked on it, yes) but this does not appear to have a resolution either, as far as I know, unfortunately. Hence I have no idea if it's actively being experimented with still.

I know it's irritating; as someone who constantly revises what they type and types fast, it bothers me greatly. However I do apologize as there's not much on our end we can do to solve it.

I'm sure we'll find a solution.
skeletor-one-day.gif

The problem is it's been hard to replicate. At least, I haven't been able to since the original bug was genuinely fixed. It is more than a bit irritating as Xenforo pays someone else for this code, and doesn't actually write it themselves.

It -might- be possible that some of you are stuck on the old Froala code (this shouldn't be possible, but some browsers or extensions may be trying to be clever). In which case you can try clearing your cache and seeing if that works.

i did recently clear my cache and cookies to fix a really weird issue with tcgplayer, which was annoying to do when I prefer to stay logged in to most websites.
but the issue remained.
maybe I should consider using firefox more lol, I currently use opera cause I really like the homekeys I get as a main page for new tabs.

i should try using opera gaming browser over basic opera. i rather miss the pre-chromium version.

I notice two weird bugs in the time I've been around. When pressing enter on mobile (return) it just generates a space below my text but the cursor stays exactly where I am last typing so I have to then manually tap one of the new spaces below.

I also find I have the backspace bug clear that paragraph break I put in but believe, yes, it's only when on PC and using shift enter. Like others comment, that is a habit I have had for years since MSN messenger. It's not easy to change especially when all other sites or programs don't have the bug that clears that space :p

Not knocking you guys. Just that these two issues are things that were not in the past. The mobile web browser on my phone is chrome. And it maybe is just a chrome issue but sucks either way, as I end up with random paragraph breaks at the end of my messages.

Back
Top Bottom