Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Backspacing removes paragraph breaks, is this new?

Chaos

Supernova
So recently something I have noticed happening is that when I have a space between two paragraphs but hit backspace to fix a typo (I type relatively fast and backspace a lot due clumsy fingers) it deletes the space between the two paragraphs and jams them back together again, even though I only hit backspace on the letter. :S
It's starting to get frustrating and I don't know if it's a new site feature, a toggle I accidentally hit somewhere, or part of my web browser.

Has anyone else noticed this?

This happened to me last week but so far this week I haven't noticed it. I thought it was something to do with my old janky laptop.

Same happening here. Not a feature I think as I definitely haven't toggled anything.

This was happening to me last week, but I haven't noticed it since. I'm using Vivaldi browser.

It came back a day ago, just to update. Alas I'm not staff and can't really help.

I noticed it too. But i realized it was only shift+enter that caused it to be removed. If I made the paragraph with just Enter it didn't remove it. No clue why.

I've had it happen as well but I've already begun adjusting my typing for it 🙃 I typo a fair amount at times.

I thought I was just fat-fingering something on the laptop, but this has been frequent lately for me. Thank you for this thread.

well im glad im not the only one. youre welcome. it happens to me every single time.
Every. Single. Time.

From what I'm aware of, Bluemoon isnt the source of the issue, but Proboards themselves. I use a multitude of proboards sites including this one and have had the same issue. All I can really say is type in Google docs and copy paste for now unless something eventually gets fixed.

Hey guys,

Sadly, I have nothing official to report on this. It looks like the issue is widespread, and might be something BMR (and staff) isn't capable of fixing right at the moment. We are aware of it, and we'll get everyone updated just as soon as we are. 💚

For the time being, feel free to share your experiences, and maybe share which software you're using to browse the site. Could help.

I did find these threads on a Xenforo Bug report. Might be worth checking out.

I upgraded to .10 recently, is this still going on for people?

It is for me too. I thought it was my keyboard at first when I built my new computer but my fiancé informed me it was a site issue and not my keyboard, then I found this thread around the end of June.

Also, have this issue. I thought it was something wrong with the site using my current browser at first, but guess not seeing other users with a similar problem.

I haven't seen this problem in a while myself. Windows 10 using Firefox. However I will note that, even when I did encounter the issue, it was somewhat inconsistent which is always a pain in the ass when trying to replicate and fix from an IT standpoint.

Not that I type directly into the forum often, but I have noticed this myself.

Win10-21H2 (19044.1826), using Edge 103.0.1264.71

I haven't seen this problem in a while myself. Windows 10 using Firefox. However I will note that, even when I did encounter the issue, it was somewhat inconsistent which is always a pain in the ass when trying to replicate and fix from an IT standpoint.

Yeah I could at least replicate the last Froala bug. I can't replicate this one.

Not to be a bother but I am kind of curious to ask, has any progress been made to figure out the issue? It still happens to me.

Back
Top Bottom