Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Suggestion Replying

Could we have some standard in place for usernames?

This isn't an unreasonable request. Even with copy/paste as a workaround, the system is still limited by number of characters. That is, searching for specific names (that are too short, for example) will never work.

I know, back in the day, you used to be able to create a username using non-standard characters; one member has symbols in their name. Others use figures that "sorta look" like the letter they're going for. Now, it seems the site won't let you create a new account/rename using non-standard characters, unless there's some level of staff interaction. I imagine this is "working as intended".

Those who've managed to get around this, likely requested it. I imagine it came down to Who, When, and How they asked.

Regardless, some uniformity for naming would not only be nice, it'd be fair to everyone.

I sort of see the letter thing as a non issue if people had those characters before the site changed. I very much believe in the "grandfathering rule" that if you got a perk before the site changed, why not hang onto the perk? In the subject of tagging, I've had the circumstance where I've wanted to tag AVA, but just because I couldn't, I didn't really find it an issue. I could easily reply to what they'd posted or send them a PM if the situation called for it.

That being said, since I'm only one of many, it would make it easier for everyone to have the same characters for tagging purposes. I just find I don't tag people too much other than when I'm doing my welcome posts, but that's just me. I'm not a fan of the copy paste method only because I'm lazy and if I have to go through with extra steps to tag someone I will just not tag them because it's not an important issue.

I'm not even really sure how this character subject came up on this thread, but personally, I don't see it as a huge inconvenience, there are several ways to get around it.

Back
Top Bottom