Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Star Wars Saga: Dawn of Defiance - Episode I: The Traitor's Gambit

Tenshi

Supernova
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Location
In the Moonwood, chasing unicorns.
Leanna_decker.jpg Ami Shatterstar

"Firing into a crowd of civilians?" Ami demanded in outrage, not letting her knife hand quiver, "Am I the only one who won't let this happen?"

The brush shot out of the crowd and hammered into the storm trooper's helmet with startling force!

Move light object as an attack, hopefully from an unexpected angle!
1 Force Point
natural 20! Total 32!
5 damage!
 

Penny

Star
Joined
Jul 3, 2017
Location
Canada
th98de.png

Litki watched in amazement as the human with the sword carved into one stormtrooper. Judging from the scarlet leaking from the other trooper on the floor, it wasn't just a lucky strike. Another human was firing her blaster, and a Twi'lek was helping them - that was bad, since it would give the station another reason to crack down on non-humans. Up on Litki's level on the catwalk is another human, this one holding a hostage and facing down the stormtroopers that had taken her credit chip. Her odds didn't look good, which was a shame; Litki didn't have any friends in this fight, but she had a personal distaste for those two troopers, and did one of them just get hit in the head with a floor brush?

Litki's eyes followed the path of the brush back to the maintenance cart, but there was nothing there. In calmer times, her mind would have rationalized the truth away - she'd have told herself the attacker had slipped away in the second she was looking elsewhere, or that it was some sort of robotic attack brush - but in the excitement of the moment she could only think of the truth: some invisible force had propelled that broom across the room.

No, not some force. The Force. Litki had read of it in data drives back on Tatooine: an ancient religion that unlocked every secret in the universe, or so its adherents claimed. Litki could believe repeatable, observable feats like lifting and moving objects; a living, thinking consciousness that guided the workings of all life in the galaxy seemed more far-fetched. Nonetheless, this human obviously had it, which meant she was...

Oh.

This was very bad.

The human was a Jedi, though obviously dressed differently than Litki had usually heard them described. The one with the sword probably was one too. The Twi'lek didn't even matter at this point - this station was about to explode. The Jedi had tried to kill the Emperor years ago and had been outlawed, and now they were here, doing something or other - Litki had no idea what motivated regicidal zealots - which meant the law was going to go into overdrive. The Empire would send more stormtroopers, Imperial Security, Imperial Intelligence - they'd probably declare martial law. And Litki's already desperate situation, already unpopular with the law, would suddenly get a hundred times worse - or it, and all of her situations, would end without denouement as she simply disappeared. She had to get off the station, now.

It also meant these insurgents had a good chance of defeating the stormtroopers that had taken her chip, which was even more bad. Right now, nothing connected her to these Jedi, but if these stormtroopers were killed, the only evidence investigators would find on their body would be Litki's credit chip. At that point, not even getting off station would save her - she'd have a target on her head anywhere in the Empire. But what the hell could she do about it?

She looked around, then up at the lights. Like all Jawa, she could see in the dark, but she knew humans generally couldn't. Maybe knocking out the lights would give either side time to slip away. At the very least, it would give Litki more control over the situation. Litki looked for the closest power relay and ran for it.

Move action: Move to power relay.
Another move action: Withdrawing her tool kit from her utility belt.
 

Yellow Brick Road

Super-Earth
Joined
Aug 5, 2020
"Ah! Umph!" The Jedi took the shot with a grunt, not allowing the hit to ruin her poise. Zorah winced as the shot scored her side, burning away robes to reveal the singed flesh beneath. The bolt had caught mostly cloth, but she would be meditating for hours later for certain. A quick touch showed that only minimal blood poured from the wound, having likely cauterized as it sheered through her body. She had been fortunate that the blast wasn't a few inches toward her center. A bolt to the chest would drop anyone, Jedi or not.

The time had definitely come for Zorah to make her move. She took a deep breath and summoned the will of the Force to guide her in her actions. She closed her eyes and raised her hand, letting her own Force find the sled. It was a lesson in patience every time, and her master had done his best to guide her in minding that patience. A few seconds passed before the box just above the bottom of the stack began to rise. With a steady focus, Zorah gestured upward with purpose, struggling against the tower of boxes. She flicked her wrist to the side, sending the box tumbling on its axis forward. Her eyes snapped forward and she quickly replaced her gesture with a pointed finger. "LOOK OUT!" She could only hope that others would steer clear of the mess. The Force had a penchant for sparing the unwitting, after all. She sprinted for cover behind the bar, deciding that now was a good time to inform her partner of how bad things looked out here. A bloody hand closed around a commlink that was only mildly singed by blaster bolt when the pocket it was in had been blown out.

"Hey, we've got a problem out here. I-Hssss!" The Jedi winced as she checked the wound again. Still bleeding, but also still manageable. "Sorry, I took a hit. You might want to get the wings ready. Looks like we'll have some company." She pressed herself against the wall, trying to keep cover from the fire on the walkway above. Maj would get them out of this. She just had to find a way to make a clean break for the hangar. The saber hidden in her belt sung to her very core, telling her to let it guide her to victory. The Force was a sweet siren, but she'd already given up possibly everything else today. Her identity as a Jedi needed to remain secret for the sake of their operation, as well as for Maj's safety and her own. For now, the song would go unanswered, leaving Zorah to battle with the rising shame of what she should be.
 
OP
OP
Silverbird

Silverbird

Star
Joined
Jun 23, 2018
Ami’s Force-driven brush struck the stormtrooper just as his finger was closing on the trigger. He let out a cry of shock, and staggered under the blow; his rifle still went off, but the blast went wide, leaving Ami untouched. A moment later, the man behind her fired his weapon too, almost jumping in panic — and that shot, too, came nowhere near here. Ami’s hostage screamed as the wild blasts passed to either side of him.

Unfortunately, while the brush certainly looked like it hurt — and had probably dazed the trooper for a moment — it wasn’t enough to take him down. Once he’d recovered, he looked angrily over his shoulder in search of whoever had thrown it. His gaze fell on the Jawa hurrying over to the nearest power relay.

I’m applying a -2 penalty to the trooper’s attack after being caught off-guard like that. He and the informant take their readied actions to shoot at Ami and get a 9 and a 5, respectively. This moves their Initiative count to be just before Ami.

Zorah was rewarded by a panicked shout from the last stormtrooper on the ground as she brought down the stack of boxes, and as she ducked into cover herself, she saw him scrambling to get out of the way. One of the crates burst open as it hit the ground, spilling shiny new datapads and electronic components out across the Promenade. From her cover, Monisa saw the trooper hunker down behind one of the freshly overturned crates, partially blocking her shots, and fetch something from his belt. She couldn’t quite make out what.

The trooper shifted targets as the young Jedi ducked into cover, bringing his weapon to bear instead on the group of three a little further down the Promenade. He flicked a switch on the side of his weapon before opening fire, unleashing an absolute hail of crimson fire on the walls of the stall behind which they were hiding. The stall somehow — barely — held up under the assault, but one or two of the blasts burned straight through, leaving a considerable hole in their wake. It wouldn’t take much more of a beating.

The trooper on the catwalk uses a Swift action to activate Autofire, then attacks Monisa, Ada, and the dark-haired woman. Only gets an 8, though, so nobody is hurt.

The dark-haired woman inhaled sharply as the blaster fire splattered nearby. “W-we can’t stay pinned here like this,” she muttered, and then her fingers closed around Monisa’s wrist, tugging to get the young woman’s attention. “You should go!” She called out louder, urgently, the fear in her voice now shifting subtly — perhaps no longer just for herself. “Find Switch; Bay V14. Tell him… tell him you’re looking for the senator’s cargo. He’ll know what you mean.”

She let out a pained moan, and her fingers slipped from Monisa’s wrist to press against the hand over her injury once more. Her face was pale, and her breath shallow; the effort to talk was clearly costing her. “You have to get them to Alderaan, understand? The senator… he’ll pay…”



Back down in the cantina, Tenda Feek inclined his head as first a large crash echoed from outside, and then Maj’s commlink crackled to life. The sounds of life in the cantina were beginning to die down as the battle outside grew louder. Conversation had given way to hushed murmuring, with many of the cantina’s inhabitants — including the proprietor, Gundark — looking nervously towards the door.

“That really sounds bad,” the Chadra-Fan muttered darkly, his grin slipping.

OOC: Updated Initiative order is:

Zorah - 23
Monisa - 22
Maj - 19-A
Stormtroopers (x2) - 19-B
Ada - 16
Litki - 14
Imperial Informants (x2) - 11
Stormtrooper (x1) and Informant (x1) - 3-A
Ami - 3-B

@kckolbe & @Ahlanna are up!
 

Ahlanna

Star
Joined
Sep 22, 2018
Carbine fire patters around the area, and now Ada is getting a bit peeved.

Well, fuck.

This was a big problem. That guy was in full stormtrooper outfit. No plausible deniability with that guy. Maybe he was trying to get the sep agent, or the injured woman. But either way – especially given the disintegrating cover, Ada was definitely in the wrong spot.

Unfortunately, there wasn't a lot she could do to help the injured woman, not with a bogey flanking them on one side and another in a friggin' elevated position. No, one of those two threats needed to go away. Both, really, but that wasn't exactly achievable right now.

"Get her to the damn exit!" Ada's voice is firm and tinged with annoyance. The stranger seemed to be suggesting she was a senatorial agent. Ada had been planning to stun the sep and evac the woman once Captain Blasto over in the corner was dealt with, but now this new threat had emerged, the stall was disintegrating, and there wasn't time.

OK, new plan. Step 1) Stun the moron. Step 2) Ada can't both shoot and carry people, so the sep agent would just have to evac the injured woman. Step 3) Tail Monisa and the woman to make sure the seps didn't get the cargo that was mentioned.

That could work.

Ada flings herself to her feet and darts across the Promenade, seeking a space where she has cover (and preferably Total Cover) from the threat above, while also being able to follow Monisa out the exit.

Get some better cover! And where she can keep an eye on Monisa's retreat.

Fortunately, she was trained for this sort of situation. Those shot-on-the-run drills were about to come in handy. Just moving around isn't going to stop her from shooting at Captain Blasto, the minute her angle outflanks his cover and she has a clear shot.

Ada-Danger2.png
Use Running Attack feat: When making an attack with a melee or ranged weapon, you can move both before and after the attack, provided that the total distance moved is not greater than your Speed.

Target the informant who shot her earlier.
Fire on the run once her angle deletes the enemy's cover. Stun setting is still on.

Attack roll: 1d20 (8) + 4 = 12

Damage roll: 3d8 (3,2,5) = 10
 

kckolbe

Supernova
Joined
Mar 31, 2014
Maj nodded in confirmation. It was indeed a whole crate of heavy blasters. They weren't the highest quality, but they did work and carried significant value. After listening to the details of the exchange, Maj nodded, having expected something similar. He pulled out a data disc that had the location and security info on it. "The pass phrase is Esyuu wish."

Before he could get up, his commlink went off with Zorah's voice. Getting the wings ready was probably a good idea, but he didn't know if it was an option. After all, leaving the information here after an incident could mean forfeiting it entirely. The best bet was to see it through here, he figured, though he didn't know how bad it was. "Yes, it does," he agreed, leaving the table immediately and making his way out of the cantina.
 
OP
OP
Silverbird

Silverbird

Star
Joined
Jun 23, 2018
Ada’s shot was on-target, and she was rewarded with a grunt of pain from the doorway for her efforts, but it apparently wasn’t enough to bring the man down; a moment after she passed by, the man grit his teeth and leaned out to return fire, a red blaster bolt zipping past the Twi’lek’s back.

The stun attack comes in just under the informant’s damage threshold, so he doesn’t move down a condition. He returns fire, but only gets an 11.

Up on the catwalk, Ami’s hostage — perhaps spurred to action by the gunfire around him — suddenly grabbed at her hand in an attempt to pull the knife from his throat! His fingers wrapped tightly around her wrist and for the moment the pair struggled over the weapon, the surprise of his sudden movement and his larger overall size lending him an initial advantage and allowing him to draw the blade a few inches back; but Ami was stronger than she looked, her grip harder to break than he expected…

“Blast her, Skig!” He shouted in a panic as the blade started to slowly edge closer to his throat again. His friend obliged, firing again behind Ami’s back — and again hitting nothing, perhaps because he was trying hard to avoid shooting his friend in the sudden struggle, perhaps just because he was a terrible shot.

Ami’s hostage attempts to Disarm her and gets a fairly respectable 21, but that’s still short of the 23 he needed to succeed. Ami can make a free attack against him with her knife if she wishes.

His friend shoots at her again, and gets a total of 0 with the firing-into-melee penalty.

The nearby stormtrooper, meanwhile, had turned his attention from their struggle entirely. He was now focused solely on Litki, the person he assumed was responsible for the hurled brush.

“Big mistake, rat! You should have stayed where we told you!” He shouted furiously across the catwalk; her only warning as he raised his rifle and blasted her in the back.

The stormtrooper near Ami attacks Litki. 17 to hit, 11 damage.

OOC: @Tenshi, @Yellow Brick Road, @Anla'Shok and @kckolbe are all up!
@Penny, if you want to post out of order to describe Litki taking that hit/how she is doing, feel free.
 

Tenshi

Supernova
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Location
In the Moonwood, chasing unicorns.
Ami Shatterstar

Ami kept her fierce determination as the man tried to pull her knife away from his throat. But when the cloaked figure took a shot guilt and anger overcame her. These men were autofiring at bistanders, so she tried to stop them. They had shot another bystander... Why? Because she'd tried to reason with them? No. She'd lacked the conviction to follow through on her actions!

Cold tears in her eyes for the hooded alien, Ami snarked and slammed her knife home!
 

Penny

Star
Joined
Jul 3, 2017
Location
Canada
th98de.png

"Big mistake, rat! You should have stayed where we told you!"

Litki glanced over her shoulder at the shout, seeing the stormtrooper level his blaster at her. It is a testament to Litki's underdeveloped empathy that she does not even consider the trooper could have thought she had thrown the brush; she had seen it fly through the air with no apparent cause, so she had simply assumed everyone else would realize the same thing. As the trooper's finger squeezed the blaster's trigger, all she could think was:

He's not shooting at me, is he?

Litki screamed as the blaster bolt impacted with her shoulder. The smells of petrichor and chlorine mixed with that of burning robes and flesh. She pitched forward, stumbling, one foot desperately looking for a place in front of the other until she slammed blindly into the side of the power relay. Her injured shoulder flared white-hot with pain as that hand clutched its side, but the hand stayed locked in place, only its death grip keeping her from falling to the floor. If she fell, her body knew even as her mind reeled, she wouldn't have the strength or will to get back up. Her other hand groped at the side of the relay, unaware in its panic that it was banging the metal with the tool kit still gripped in a clenched fist.
 

Tenshi

Supernova
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Location
In the Moonwood, chasing unicorns.
Ami Shatterstar

The little alien's scream cut Ami to the quick. Wiht a furious snarl she dropped the unconscious and possibly dead imperial to the floor. The hand that had been holding him went behind her back and up underneath her shirt. It came back out with a disk and handle. twisting the handle, three razor sharp blades fanned out.

"Bastard!" Ami twisted clear around and spun the blade through the air at the storm trooper.

Ami hoped the disk would trail crimson as it flew into and past the storm trooper...

And now...

The part that would truly get all eyes on her...

Ami reached out with the force to call her diskblade back...
 

Anla'Shok

Super-Earth
Joined
Dec 7, 2017
Monisa kept her eyes on the trooper she had been targeting as the trooper went behind cover and she pulled the trigger on her blaster.

Attack roll:
1d20, adding 2 to the total
Comment:
Result: 15,
Total: 17

Damage Roll:
rolled: 3d4
Comment:
Result: 4, 4, 2,
Total: 10
 

kckolbe

Supernova
Joined
Mar 31, 2014
Emerging from the cantina, Maj could quickly see this was not a good situation. Other than Zorah and the injured woman he'd seen walking out earlier, he didn't know the rest, but he could see that there were imperials both on the ground and the catwalk above. The only good news was that seemingly other individuals had their own issues they were disputing with them. He figured that if he could at least help clear the ones on the ground, they'd have some options as to what to do. He aimed at the stormtrooper, trusting his blaster to punch through any armor.

Maj rolls a 19 to hit, no more 1s!

16 damage
 
Top Bottom